Witch Craft Works C.65

It's that time of the month, for some witchy activity. Alcina starts to put her plans into motion and we get tidbits of plot.

Still, my biggest complaint remains that Mizunagi-sensei is writing a monthly series with the pacing of a weekly series, and has been for years now.

------------------------

-[Witch Craft Works]
-[Mizunagi Ryuu]
-I'm ever so sorry for roping you into helping me move.
-You can say that again! I'm the Head of the Workshop in this city! I don't work for some moving company...
-I simply must finish setting up my boudoir.
-As you well know, I'm the type that can't get to sleep if I'm not using my own pillows.....
-I don't know anything about that, or you for that matter!
-But anyway, this luggage of yours...
-...it's practically filling the room, isn't it? What on earth are you--
-That is not for you to know.
-Come now, if you're done carrying my things, then hurry up and leave at once!
- --Geez! Treat your workers a little rudely, don't you! Don't expect me to come help out next time!
-[The big-shot Witch is an arrogant tyrant.]

----------------------

Alcina is look Megumi from Shokugeki, she literally never moves her arms from the pose of curling/flipping her hair, ever.

----------------------

-[The latest volume, #11, has it's long-awaited release!!]
-Fufu......
-Ah, yes, just as I thought. THIS is what I need to relax......
-[Witch Craft Works]

-[Chapter 65: Takamiya-kun and the Mysterious Transfer Student]

-[Mizunagi Ryuu]
-::Furniture in the background:: ((OoooOOOOooo...))

-----------------------

Given what we later learn, there are several things way creepier about this then even initially appears.

Aww shit son

-----------------------

-((*School~ Chimes~*))
-Uhmmm~, Takamiya-kun, I've got a little something I need to talk to you about...
-Natsume-san!
-In that case, we were about to have lunch, you wanna come with?
-((Princess~~))
-Eh-- Oh, no, no, I'll have to decline.
-If it's luncheon privileges with the Princess we're talking about, why, they're infamously impossible to get aren't they?!
-And if someone like ME, who isn't even in her fanclub should try something like that.....
-Eh? I think it should be fine. Right, Kagari-san?
-See, she said it's alright.
-Didn't she stay silent just now?!

------------------------

I think Natsume hates her life at this point whenever she has to get within a mile of these two.

------------------------

-Who does that woman think she is?!
-She didn't even reserve this time, and she thinks she can just sit together with the Princess?! And it looks like she even TALKING directly TO HER!
-Anyone else think it might behoove her to watch her back on the street at night?!
-Ahaha....
-Maybe this isn't so ok....I hadn't been hearing things like this about me recently, but... ((I'm so sorry.))
-((Not at all.)) I have the feeling this'll all vanish in a second...
-((KYAAAAAA-----!))

-------------------------

How quickly you forget Hono-kyun.

-It's Alcina-sama!
-Alcina-sama's here!
-She's the one rumored to already have the next term's Princess candidacy locked in!
-She transferred in just yesterday! It seems like she returned to her home in Japan from overseas!
-I wonder what country she was studying abroad in?
-I'd heard that you two were out here.
-Would it be a problem if I joined you?

------------------------

That bitchy hair twirling both excites and pisses me off.

------------------------

-That's right, have you heard? It seems that her last name is Kagari!
- --Which means, are they related?!
-I wonder if they could be sisters? Oh, that'd be so dreamy!!
-That reminds me...Alcina-san, was it? It seems you're introducing yourself with Kagari-san's family name, but...
-Ahh, that. I had Kazane lend me the name for ease of use.
-It's not like I'm actually related to the Princess here in any way.
-I see....And? Why've you come over here?
-I AM a student here. So I'm free to eat wherever I like, aren't I?

Part of me wonders if Alcina is using some nonsense spell to summon up the shoujo flowers and sparkles wherever she goes.

-If I must give a specific reason...
-...I have business with YOU, Takamiya-senpai.
-I had heard a while ago that Kazane's treasured child was living in this city, but...
-...to find such a deep brilliance in your soul.....How truly magnificent.
-Plus, Senpai, you...
-...have my favorite build of body/body type, if you must know.
-It looks like embracing you would feel great.....

-----------------------

I'm sure that Ayakacchi will react to another girl making mooney eyes at her manlet with aplomb, reserve, and grace.

Or not.

Holy shit

------------------------

-Honestly, such a hot-tempered Princess you are.
-((Owowowowow--))
-((What did I DO?!))
-!
-You are a knight that SERVES him, aren't you?
-I don't find intruding into his affairs very admirable.
-Well, I shall excuse myself here for today.
-Have a fine day, Senpais.

----------------------

Shots fired. And like I said, every time Natsume gets near these two her day gets ruined. Also also, Ayaka just did that shit in broad daylight in front of 50 people.

>s-shes fast!

----------------------

-Wh...What just happened?
-Ah....Kagari-san?
-Hey, what happened just now?
-I have no idea....But...Between the Princess and Alcina-sama, something definitely...
- --I mean, before that, did Alcina-sama...make a pass at him?
-You're kidding? Are the two of them involved like THAT?
-:::Right to upper to left::: [Mysterious Transfer Student] [Breaking Edition] [Together with the Student Council President....]

------------------------

:::Menacing:::

------------------------

-Extra, extraaa! Read all about it~!
-:::Right to upper to left:: [Transfer Student] [Declaration of War!!] [The Huge Happening Over Summer Break!] ["Have a Fine Day"]
-::Right to upper to left:: [Transfer Student: Kagari Alcina] [Is she the Student Council President's Fiance'?] [Today___]
-::Right to upper to left:: [Transfer Student: Alcina-sama] [She and the StuCo President Getting Married After Graduation?!] ["Thank you very much."] [___ Glory!!]
-[Rumors breed other rumors.]

------------------------

Kashira Kashira Gozounji Kashira

Wow, how long has it been? I was convinced that the mangaka died

Poor Natsume

------------------------

-Wh.....
-What is THIS....?
-::Right to upper to left:: [Transfer Student: Alcina-sama] [She and the StuCo President Getting Married After Graduation?!] [The Kemomimi-Dan will______!!]
-WHAT THE HELL?!?
-[Letter Of Challenge]
-[[Come show your face for a minute behind the school building! Divine punishment awaits!]

------------------------

>Top 10 Anime Betrayals

And to think Kasumi-chan was so happy to have a new witchy classmate last chapter.

------------------------

-Is this your doing?
-[Letter Of Challenge]
-That's right!!! I heard ALL about it!!! It seems you made some kind of ambiguous statements about wanting to cuddle up sleeping or some such with my Onii-chan, didn't you!?
-As his little sister, I absolutely MUST make inquiries into such matters! I have a duty to protect my Onii-chan from any undesirable vermin who might try to get close to him!

------------------------

Between the rooftop duels, the flowers in the air, the gratuitous fanclubs, the gougai kashira, and the psycho little sis obsessing over big brother, this chapter is awfully Utena.

------------------------

-Fight me, fair and square!
-And if I win, I'll have you keep your hands OFF my Onii-chan!
-"Fair and square"? In that case, I wonder if those girls hiding over there AREN'T cooperating with you?
-Y...YOU LOT!
-Why are all of YOU here?!
-W...We're here investigating that woman like Medusa-sama ordered us to and---
-Tanpopo-chan! Those are SECRET orders! You can't just blab them!
-......Grrr. Pl...Please forget you heard anything just now.
-::Happy Kazarin Noises::

------------------------

Ah Timpopes, never change.

------------------------

-Wait, don't misunderstand! I intended to fight you 1-on-1!
-You lot had BETTER not interfere!
-Who in their right mind would ever cooperate with YOU?!
-I don't particularly care either way. Even if you all came at me at once.
-Quite the opposite, that way is preferable as it will save me effort.
-?!
-She's really...underestimating us quite a bit, isn't she.....
-Hmph, I really don't feel like joining forces with you, but we certainly don't intend to stay quiet and watch while she makes fools of us...

The dream team assembles.

-DON'T REGRET THIS LATER!
-Even if you plead for your life, we're not gonna listen!!

Someone write up the obituaries.

There's "M...MASAKA..." and "Sh...SHe's fast...!"

And then there's "I effortlessly turned you into a room furniture ensemble without even looking at the explosion."

Really puts her comments about liking Honoka's body type, 'embracing' him, and needing her own "my pillow" into perspective.

Did Kotetsu just turn into her own sword? If not, where is she?

>Wow, how long has it been?
a month

>Did Kotetsu just turn into her own sword?

If she did, I'm sure she has no regrets.

--------------------------

-Exactly what kind of Witch IS that woman?
-Did you let her into your school without knowing anything about her?
-Yes....I've never really been all that interested in Witches from the olden days.....
-[One of the great, olden Witches is targeting Takamiya-kun?!]
-She's one of the "Witches of the Beginning". Existences the antithesis of your own.....
-And among them she's ESPECIALLY infamous for her magic being in bad taste. She transforms everyone who displeases her into furniture.
-They "live" on like that as she keeps them for her own.
-I helped her move in the other day, and she DID have an awful lot of luggage....
-.....Don't tell me, THOSE were all......
-You'd best do your utmost to be on your guard so she doesn't turn them into her new bed.

[Witch Craft Works ---> To Be Continued]

---------------------------

This has to be SOMEONE'S fetish.

My guess is that the original "End Witches" were from BEFORE the fall of the Ivory Tower/Kill Wizard days, and then when the Workshop system started they christened the new class of uber witches Witches of the Beginning. Either way, that makes Alcina pretty old herself if even Kazane thinks of her as being from some older guard.

>No Imouto couch to fall asleep on

;_;

>She transforms everyone who displeases her into furniture.

She posts in the inanimate objects threads that are in /d/ huh?

Thanks as always for the translations.

Fuck yea, i made it

Thank you.

Thankiu Takamiya-kun!

So there are students spending the lunch period to provide mood music. This gathering just gets more and more extravagant.

Damn, goddess doesn't have ch 60 and up.

Because they haven't been typeset last I checked.

Oh thank god, I was sure I missed this months thread, even though I kept checking the archive and finding nothing.

>tfw back in may i got sick of waiting for new chapters
>spent thousands of hours in paint slapping the translation onto the raws
>all just so i can read them
>the look like shit but get the job done
>a few weeks later someone releases 3 of the 5 chapters i did
Fuck this pissed me off, and now nobody's typesetting them again. They couldn't even get passed where I did. Anyone have better raws for chapters 62 and 64? With better raws I'd just do it myself again.

HAHA HOLY SHIT

I wonder what her hair smells like.

Can't be.

i expected a reaction but holy shit not that one!

>-And among them she's ESPECIALLY infamous for her magic being in bad taste. She transforms everyone who displeases her into furniture.
Oh, fuck.

Is Mizu-sensei still dying or is she ok now? I hope she goes back to Ivory Dark some day. I liked it.

Is Ayaka getting even taller?

>Also also, Ayaka just did that shit in broad daylight in front of 50 peopl
Good thing they have mindwipe for that. Remember that getting mind-wiped is so routine for the citizens of this city that it is a bit late to discuss its morality.

>And to think Kasumi-chan was so happy to have a new witchy classmate last chapter.
Kasumi was never cutout for Workshop. She was always destined for Tower IMO. Fighting effectively the leader of all Worship Witches is a good way for her to reconsider her life choices.

>Is Mizu-sensei still dying or is she ok now? I hope she goes back to Ivory Dark some day. I liked it.
She is probably better off ending WCW first. We already know Honoka's secret, so by now there isn't much to do but to conclude everything.

thank you for the translation

>And then there's "I effortlessly turned you into a room furniture ensemble without even looking at the explosion."
>Really puts her comments about liking Honoka's body type, 'embracing' him, and needing her own "my pillow" into perspective.
She is definitely the old school "Odyssey" type of witch. You know, the kind who turn sailors into sheep and add to her flock, Circe was her name.

>My guess is that the original "End Witches" were from BEFORE the fall of the Ivory Tower/Kill Wizard days, and then when the Workshop system started they christened the new class of uber witches Witches of the Beginning. Either way, that makes Alcina pretty old herself if even Kazane thinks of her as being from some older guard.
It certainly is possible that Workshop is just being cruel, that End Witches need to be Banished but their OWN End Witches, those on their own side, are just renamed Beginnings and excluded from banishment. This automatically creates an Apartheid system.

I am starting to see that Workshop's corruption runs deep, if not all the way down.

I suspect this conveniently gets these five out of the way. This arc will only include the heavy hitters.
Alternately it might force Medusa into action, if her own disciples are down. But more likely when the imouto is rescued by the protagonists, the idiot group would be freed with her.

In the end, I am glad the new girl is here. She finishes off the major factions in the story so we can have a final conclusion. We finally have a real power hitter who can speak for Workshop and represents it.

And also, I really like how her powers are portrayed. She really represents
LAW, in that she technically never kills her enemies. She just imprisons them forever as inanimate objects. It is twisted and dark, but is also sufficiently non-violent as to almost be "good". You can definitely see how she can argue that what she does is more humane than murder, but it is only a matter of perspective.