why isn't it getting a modern remake ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4
youtube.com/watch?v=PU_rSOAAnAc
youtube.com/watch?v=tBrqfwUstto
nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=fist north star x264 ac3
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/923302
nyaa.si/view/879993
hokutodestiny.com/file/47-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-1-english-translation.html
hokutodestiny.com/file/49-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-2-english-translation.html
nyaa.si/view/904978
nyaa.si/view/884962
youtube.com/watch?v=e-aBRcsKOuA
youtube.com/watch?v=9jj3gNff64U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because manly men doing manly things doesn't sell anymore unfortunately

It's already dead.

I mean, it's gotten them, they just weren't particularly good. It's getting a game by the guys behind Yakuza, that should scratch the itch.

Watch the French dub. It's like a whole new revisited version of the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4
youtube.com/watch?v=PU_rSOAAnAc

It's getting a game made by the yakuza developers who did yakuza 0, which was the best in the franchise. It's possible that raoh will be playable too, so get the fuck hyped user.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBrqfwUstto

SHAKA-SHAKA-SHAKA

Bartender Kenshiro best Kenshiro

why does every shounen main character have to be some sissy that somehow gets the strongest power in the universe and gets all the bitches even tho he is a beta ?

I know right? I can't watch this enough times.

Because they want to encourage fat ugly or skinny beta losers to try and get chicks and bitches.

because with the shitty animation of today is gonna be a shit

Don't worry bro, Netflix will get the rights to adapt HnK and the art direction will look nothing like the source material but they'll attach some big name director to it so people will eat it up.

My fucking sides

Because it's old as shit and already has an anime, a movie, and an OVA (or several OVAs and movies). It would also probably turn out similarly to the original anime where it would be pretty censored because it's too violent for Japanese TV.

Why care about poor adaptations instead of reading the manga?

And the ones who aren't betas are millennial "alphas". Kenshiro was both manly as fuck but also noble guy with a heart of gold.

Seems manly protagonist cannot be manly without being insufferable abusive assholes nowadays.

>Cuck Cuck go

>google overlords

>i don't know waht net netruner are

>Duck Duck Goy

i was already gonna get a ps4 for bloodborne but this will just make it more worth it

>Body muscled, wild complexion, thick mustache and obviously pumped out with testosterone
>speak like high on helium or old man
I need new stomach

Because you know that people will claim that it is ripping off of Jojo.

They're nothing alike. I don't think that would happen. Maybe by animeonlies I guess.

That's exactly what I am talking about. To be honest, animeonlies of most things tend to ruin stuff.

I'm watching the full series right now and I'm impressed by how good it is.
I mean I watched the movie 20 years ago and I found it great back then, but the tv series now still holds up somehow, it's incredible, although the fights could have some more animation, at least they never resort to tweening and shit.

SHAKA SHAKA

How to get into Hokuto no Ken:

Anime for first time, there is a bit of filler but only at the start and half of it is actually much needed character development that manga didn't have at the beginning since it was written as a one-shot due to not expecting success.
It also rotates some early events chronology to make better sense than in the manga.
And most importantly while artwork obviously isn't anywhere near as good as manga, the voice acting, music and direction are absolutely top of the line 10/10 material.
Watch anime, you won't regret it, here's highest quality you can get for the series:
Hokuto no Ken 1: nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=fist north star x264 ac3
Hokuto no Ken 2: nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/923302
Manga: nyaa.si/view/879993

The anime adapts all of the manga up to chapter 210 (beginning of Volume 24), after you're done with that you can either read manga from the start but mind you that the scans are mostly terrible and very rough translation, especially in the middle, or you can read the manga from Volume 24 to the end which is the portion that the anime didn't adapt.

You should also read the interquel set between events of HnK1 and HnK2 that Hara made for 30th anniversary of the series, naturally it's canon.
hokutodestiny.com/file/47-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-1-english-translation.html
hokutodestiny.com/file/49-hokuto-no-ken-last-piece-part-2-english-translation.html

After that you can read the (non-canon) spinoffs (also included in the manga torrent) and watch the anime adaptation of the only one of the manga spinoffs that wasn't translated, you can get it here:
nyaa.si/view/904978

After that you can watch the movies, the original 1986 movie which is basically a huge advertisement for the anime, as well as the late 00s 25th anniversary movie pentalogy that serves as abridged versions of the bigger arcs of the series with new OC material thrown in, you can get them here:
nyaa.si/view/884962

WELCOME TO THIS CRAZY TIME!

>Bruh why this nigga lookin like my man [B]onathan [B]oestar from [B]o[B]o's [B]izzare [B]adventure (laughing emoji)
>one million unrelated hashtags

You mean you can't see it? They pull this shit all the time.

Because it would end in tears

Why does it need to be remade? What flaws would be fixed by a remake?

>Rei-mond
>Rahoul
>The why seizure
My fucking sides

>the scans are mostly terrible and very rough translation

we will never get a decent english digital edition... damn.

>BRING ME THE ARCHITECT. SHE IS DEAD BECAUSE OF HIM!

this can't be real... no way.

HnK needs no remakes. It's great the way it is. Modern music and low quality production would ruin it.
Also, this

>musou and qte
Welp, at least I wasn't expecting much from the start.

It is and it's hilarious the whole dub is like this.
The French VAs wanted to make it more family friendly because they thought the original was way too violent for its saturday morning slot.

We are getting a game in by the guys who make Yakuza
youtube.com/watch?v=e-aBRcsKOuA

It will pale in comparison to the Jojo anime

What about Ichigo Aji?

Animation was pretty bad,

The parts with Souther were the best

What is JoJo

Have you read Jojo after part 3/4?

I finished part 1-7

Wasn't there a bunch of movies? Never fully watched them, but the style was inferior.

You start getting into twink territory with part 5.

The point is that part 1-3 was manly men doing manly thing and it sold well

The guy you first responded to said "anymore" and part 3 was quite a while ago.

not the right time in the industry for it, wouldnt want a classic to bomb so its for the best there is no remake on schedule for now

2014 was not too long ago was it?

It's not musou. It's running on the Yakuza 6 engine and is going to play a lot like that for combat.

Why would it need one? It's already great.
Plus like this guy said
There just isn't room for it anymore.
but hey, yakuza hokuto game, get hyped. Bit confused on the premise though. Yurai's in it, so is shin (and a raoh knock off) but no lin or bat? I'm not sure if it's supposed to follow the HnK story line or a new one, or both.

It still never registers to me that there's been an anime made in the last couple years.

It's not a musou though, more like a brawler.

If you've ever played a yakuza game then you know what's its going to be like. On the harder and even normal difficulties the enemies actually try to attack you and the bosses are a nice challenge.

It's an original story. Some of the old cast will show up and they're all being voiced by RGG voice actors because it's supposed to be a kind of crossover. Whole game will take place in side a domed city and there's some mysterious warlord, notRaoh, that you'll have to take down. Not many other details beside that. I'm sure more characters will be revealed at TGS and as it gets closer, or at least show up in substories.

What about Jojo?

Reminds me of a dub aimed at children.

what about it?

there are abridges that fucking WISH they were this funny

Because they know their target audience, which mainly consists of beta autists that love to see a character in which they can easily self-insert themselves.

But it did.

That was an old "manly" classic that got a re-adaptation.

not after part 3/4 it isn't. Plus JoJo lacks the soul of HnK.

JoJo didn't have a decent anime adaptation like Fist of the North Star does. There's zero reason to remake it when they could just release a BD remaster instead.

But wasn't there a bunch of shit that happens after the point where the anime ended?

Honestly the anime had a better ending.

I love Fist Of The North Star but somehow I'm not interested in Jojo.
I much prefer Hajime no Ippo or Slam Dunk as manly anime to Jojo.

jojo remake is full of twink/twanks

>WHY SEIZURE
POURQUOI? POURQUOI?

I really hope once Ippo finally finishes we can get a well-animated complete adaptation starting from the beginning. It deserves it

Why the fuck the manga made me cried a couple of times, brah?

The remake had its moments:
youtube.com/watch?v=9jj3gNff64U

is there a whole series version of this uploaded anywhere?

read the thread?

Turned into cancer

gotchu senpai

I REALLY hope someday they also make an Otokojuku game. I would go nuts if it happens

There's a show that really needs a remake for the rest of the manga.

Maybe in another era, perhaps. At least it could get some cool OVAs, like Berserk

Nani?

besides the two compilation videos posted I didn't see anything

>I THINK I NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR

it's using the old engine

>Julia, the guardrail isnt finished!
>bring me the architect

holy shit

It could easily sell on its legacy alone.

they would just fuck up the art and feel, besides i think the original VA is retired

>Please no, I already lack 2 teeth!
>And I lack humor.

holy shit this is pure gold

The Italian one is incredibly funny and bad too, I first watched it in japanese with subs and later in Italian 2 years later and I was surprised at how weird and bad it was, like 5 people doing all The voi ed, kenshiro sounding like a fag, Shin with a cartoonish nasal voice, usually Italian dubs are good but This was Terrible (but also very funny)

Well to be honest Dub of The North star is The funniest abridged in history

>and you are the man with the seven knives?

kek, this is great

>JoJo lacks the soul of HnK
HnK lacks the originality of Jojo.

All of that shit literally doesn't amount to anything and changes absolutely nothing from the point where anime left off.
Anime basically closes with Kaioh, Kenshiro riding off into the sunset to be the saviour of the century's end and leaving Lin with Bait for them to love eachother.

What happens in the manga after that:
Kenshiro goes to pick up Raoh's never previously mentioned son and show him the world, so they go beat up a crazed CEO of some company that rules this farming town, then they go to the north to viking town where a king is growing old but his piece of shit sons are fighting eachother instead of working together so Ken makes them work togeher but eventually 2 of them die to enemies from Religion town so Kenshiro goes to Religion town and meets a dude who stole some Hokuto moves from Raoh and worked in his army. Shit happens and the dude dies, so he leaves Raoh's son with one of Raoh's generals and moves on. Basically as if the entire thing never happened since it's not brought up again ever.
Then Yuria's ghost calls thunder from the heavens to kill Kenshiro and Kokuoh because Kenshiro refuses to penetrate Lin's hymen and Yuria wants him to move on, but Kenshiro survives but has amnesia.
He runs into Bat and Lin, Bat still wants Lin to get together with Kenshiro so he uses pseudo zankai-ken to wipe her memory and leaves, but runs into some dude that has beef with Kenshiro and wants to kill him, but Kenshiro has amnesia and can't defend himself so Bat pretends to be Kenshiro to die in Ken's place and have Ken and Lin live together.
But then random mooks attack Ken and Lin on their date and knock Ken on the head which restores part of his memory, namely his use of Hokuto Shinken, he realizes Bat was gone for too long and looks for him and finds him almsot dead fighting this Bolge guy. Bolge hits Ken on the head which restores Ken's memory, Ken ATATATATATAWATA's him, leaves Lin with Bat (again) walking off beging Yuria's ghost to forgive him

You saw what happened to Berserk right? Good chance it would get butchered or just turn out mediocre

>Raoh without Kenji Utsumi
>Rei without Kaneto Shiozawa
>Kenshiro without Akira Kamiya
>Random mooks not voiced by Daisuke Gori

No thank you. Honestly the voice acting for the HnK anime is too good, they didn't get anyone's voice wrong. Although I would be tempted to watch a remake if they got Banjo Ginja back for Souther.

FAGI

A shame that they didn't get Akira Kamiya. Ken sounds like a faggot

>It's running on the Yakuza 6 engine
It's using Yakuza 0/Ishin engine actually.
They acknowledged themselves that Yakuza 6 engine is awful and would make the game sub-par.

>>Rei without Kaneto Shiozawa
Koyasu did an absolutely perfect Rei, very close to Shiozawa's performance, in the Hokuto Musou games.
Kenji Utsumi's replacement as Garland in the Dissidia Final Fantasy games also has very similar voice, almost identical to Utsumi, so I'd get that guy.
Kenshiro can't be voiced by Kamiya since his voice is fucked up from age, but Kiryu's voice actor from Yakuza games or the guy who played Ken in the Musou games are both fine picks for Ken.
Random mooks can be voiced by literally anyone, I don't know why you even care.