YuGiOh Duelist Manga

WHY. THE. FUCK. WAS. THIS. MANGA......

SOOOO FUCKING DAAAAAAARRRKK!!!!?????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Like WWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYY??!?!?!

>Yugi almost die in a fire
>that same day he decided to use a chain for his puzzle
what a lucky day

Back when it wasn't about a children's card game

Why did Atem suddenly decide to be nice after killing all those people?

No clue

it was conceived of as a high stakes gambling manga with an occult spin

Weekend Sup Forums, when no one tells OP to fuck off for typing like a 3 year old with mental issues.

Didn't Marik skin his father to death in the manga?

REMEMBER WHEN THAT HAPPENED?
Yugi regret making that decision when this happened

It was basically kaiji for kids

You can't easily market a children's card game for a manga/anime if one of the MCs is a ruthless killer.

Genre shift for marketability. A lot of the more popular shonen always end up being very different from what the first issues established.

How is atem a ruthless killer though? Animefag here?

Because Kaz wanted something Dark but shonen jump wanted something for kids

He sets a guy on fire using alcohol and makes another explode over a game of ice hockey

>that time Kaiba beat ISIS

In-universe reason is he adopt the modern world and Yugi's value and morality after spending most time in his body which replace his old ancient Egyptian (eye-for-eye) morality.

can you imagine Millenium world with Atem's old fashion bloodthirsty way of justice? All that killing going on and when thief Bakura comes to reveal the truth behind the sennen items Atem will say "Yes, and?"

Kaiba wouldn't be a main character, so I'm against it.

Surely there was something special about the ice hockey game right?

the block of ice had a chemical that explode with heat, the table was one giant grill so they had to avoid the ice melting causing the liquid to blow their faces. Of course the bad guy was real strong so Atem only hit it in the middle with the spatula causing the ice split in two when the other guy hit it causing the liquid to explode at his face

Why doesn't kaz try writing a horror manga now? All he does is supervise yugioh now anyway.

I see, what about the burned guy?

I heard that the shadow realm doesn't even exist in the manga. Whoever lost just straight up died.

Welp, just read a wikia. Shadow realm only existed in 4kids dub.
Created a legacy.

who cares

I read that in the abridged marik's voice. Died laughing.

Shadow realm is a meme, read the manga. Is you staying alive or you die, no in-between.

Yes, every single mention of shadow realm can be translated to" if you lose you die" or "I'm going to kill you", honorable mention to the blue sawblades that sent you to the shadow realm

He was an escaped criminal who 1. took Anzu hostage and 2. asked for high proof vodka and a cigar as part of his negotiation.
Yugi challenged him to a game where they could only move one finger, while he was pouring. Yugi chose his thumb, while the guy chose his trigger finger (he had a gun pointed at Yugi). Yugi used his thumb to light the guy's cigar, then placed it on the back of the guy's pouring hand. Guy goes "O shit if I shoot him. it'll knock the lighter off my hand. OH FUCK IT." and fired. Yugi dodged and grabbed Anzu, while dude got lit the fuck on fire due to the alchohol.

used his thumb to light the guy's cigar *with a lighter

shadow realm was just a 4kids way to tell kids meanies get a slap on their wrists for doing naughty things. The manga was a penalty game which the loser loses their shit as a punishment for cheating or having a tainted soul. Atem was harsh but in a way was justified because he was karma incarnate

Whelp, he did nothing wrong then

Criminals are dumb to the very end.

checked

A fucking 5 in a YGO thread?
At least celebrate a double, user.

Nigga, dubs or up, unless he is rolling for a five, now check out this zero

Great dubs, Atem salutes you.

>all that QUALITY in the last season
im surprised they finish it with the second best quality

Kaz was having an hernia, what did you expect? Zork's penis being a character was the best he could do in a hospital.

you just realized this? Atem straight up murders people at the beginning of the series. Hi gives out penalties like Oprah and even though most of them are justified it's insane thinking how many people he bagged using Yugi's body. Luckily the police are nonexistent in Domino City and no one gives a fuck to the criminals who dies. He started softening up after the duel where Kaiba threatens to suicide if he lose and after Pegasus told him the story of the millennium eye. The manga even said that Atem decided to not penalty Pegasus since he realized that hes not even Yugi at all, just a soul in the Puzzle. It's a shame the 4kids society butchered the gory aspect of the series and since GX it's been shadow realm meme all the way.

I dropped this after marik vs bakura, not because of the fight, it was great, and the Spanish dub was really "unique" to say the least, but because of the godawful virtual shit after it, should I keep going?

i meant the anime, the manga was fine

the first YGO series is a masterpiece. You should finish it, after that (GX etc) it's just card games commercials.

Is this bait?

Fuck TV Tokyo and NAS, why couldn't they adapt it from Kaiba's and Yugi's first duel?

>creative, original premise
>character development
>art progression
>great world-building
>GOAT finale
What's not to love? Unless you're just baiting of course.

Yugi put Kaiba in coma for months with MIND CRUSH too.

The coma was fine, it fixed Kaiba's character without any screen-time.

tell me another card game show that surpassed the creativity of the dueling disk

Many arcs from the following series like 5Ds are superior in every way.

>tfw saw this series up until this part in Latin dub
>got aware of the censor
>can't force myself to hear jap bakura voice
Latin dub bakura is pure evil, possessed Marik is special as well, and the battle between them was one of the best in the series

How did Pegasus wake up earlier than Kaiba from his "shadow realm" punishment?

rica matsumoto's a great VA though. like if you can get past the super evil dude being voiced by a girl thing

>Marik gets away with all the horrible shit he did because later a slightly more evil split personality shows up even though Marik himself was already pretty evil

Couldn't the guy have just blown the lighter out?

The lighter would have fallen off when he tried, and FWOOSH same result. Plus, he REEEAAAALLY wanted to shoot Yugi.

Here's a visual of the circumstance the dude was in after Yugi put the lighter down

Oh hey. A picture relevant to this thread.

>Yugi is the ruthless killer
>meanwhile Mokuba poisoned Joey because he lost to a children's chess game
>and Seto Kaiba gave an old man a heart attack, almost electrocuted Yugi & co twice, cut their hands with guillotine, made Joey fought a serial killer, and almost flatten Tristan in a human tetris just because he lost to a fucking card game

Stop typing like a retard.

You guys bring up the lighter and hockey dudes but I still think this guy got it the worst

He didn't dodge shit, the guy lit himself on fire with his cigarette.

Anyone wish Yugioh never got a card game so that the author never felt pressured to change his original version of Yugioh?

He has been on record, stating that he would have included more romance like possibly Kaiba and Blue Eyes White Dragon Girl in the story if card games were less of a focus.

Yugioh has even more blueballing shit after the first series.

The scriptwriters are all cucks.

All OTPs got fucked over super hard in every Yugioh Series.

There has never been a positive final episode thread for every Yugioh series on Sup Forums.

The writers go out of their way to destroy all ships.

Like even Pokemon managed to get Ash kissing with a girl and Ash is supposed to be 10 years old.

Meanwhile, there are teenagers and adults in the Yugioh series that remain kissless virgins.

No? It was a battle manga with a gimmick.

Pretty sure that's the split personality in it's infant stages.

Season 0 Yami was truly the best
He didn't kill everyone though, in fact he just broke the minds of most people except that guy who got burned alive.

It was a game manga
Yu-Gi-Oh literally means "King of Games"

tbf his father carved marik's back

he re-evaluted his morals when Yugi stopped him from killing Kaiba, since he couldn't risk his relationship with his host

Isn't Kaiji just one long ass Mahjong game?

Pretty sure he didn't shoot shit
Yami just went out with Anzu and the criminal didn't break the rules at all but the cigarette slipped off of hismouth

Eh, it's been like half a decade since I last read the chapter

Brought a fucking tear to my eye. Kaz you magnificent bastard.

>those ugly ass old scans
just grab the clean digital VIZ scans from Madokami ffs

>the first YGO series is a masterpiece.
I hope by this you mean the Toei series(season 0) and not Duel Monsters

5Ds was dogshit for retarded millennials like you

If there's anything that compete in obnoxiousness with DBZ Burger Toonamifags it's Latinos(mostly mexicans) with their dubs

you should see how did they sacrivice a whole village to creates millenium items

It just really depends of how long it lasts for him.

At worst, the curse probably ends with the end of the series, when the puzzle along with the rest disappears.

You forget that Kaiba let Mokuba to be electrocuted or whatever if it weren't for Yami saving him in the Death-T arc

Ushio also got fucked big time in the first chapter

Yeah, early Kaiba was the worst, but just to say early Atem was early a nice guy.

> Kaiba let Mokuba to be electrocuted

No, he gave him the same experience as Yugi's grandpa with the monsters surrounding him. Seems like the experience is so realistic and frightening it might as well have given him PTSD if Yugi took any longer to help him.

Seems like early Atem was being influenced by the evil inside the puzzle, while when he was a pharaoh he was a decent guy. After beginning living with Yugi and understanding the truth from Pegasus about the items, he got better. Makes sense actually.

Not really, the game they played was dangerous as hell, but he had it fine. in the manga he just began hallucinating and thinking leafs were money.

When exactly did he turn nice? When Kaiba threatened to kill himself over losing Atem was totally going for it.

no
that's Akagi

>No, he gave him the same experience as Yugi's grandpa with the monsters surrounding him.
That's what I was referring to but I couldn't remember what the punishment exactly was. What a ruthless fuck Kaiba was.

What is this? A scan for ants?
Sorry, viz scan not fan scan...too lazy to find an hq version of the fan scan

> fucking Kaiba was doing all that shit in front of a large amount of kids, seeing the scene and hearing what he was telling to Mokuba

I'm talking about the manga. Yami punished him to only see money. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

>same author
I can see why I got confused

It's really all about the length of the punishment, and if there is any post side effect, like if the brain fried or anything.

Reminder that Anzu was a hot piece of ass