Series changes genres halfway through

>series changes genres halfway through
>never visits the old genre ever again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AP16YxfF8Jo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people think the entire series is good
>only the first and third parts of the series are decent at best

Parts 1 and 2 are the only ones with substance outside a couple scenes of 3 and 7. 2 is the only really creative one while the rest are only creative due to stands. Towards the end of Part 4 had the best artstyle in the series. Like the manga, only parts 1 and 2 of the anime are actually good

2=7>1>4>3>6>5
Fight me.

>he likes generic shounen ki shit
Wanna know how I know you're an animeonly fag who didn't start watchingbani me until a few years ago?

7>4>8>2>3>6>5>1
Part 5 apologist can fuck right out of this thread.

>Jojo became the MLP of anime/manga due to the massive influx of retards

Animating it was a mistake.

I cant get into Jojo.
The annoying exposition characters give is taken to extreme levels and it's already a thing in anime I can't stand.

Why do the Japanese need to explain everything that's happening on screen when it's something the viewer can work out for themselves? It'll be like if Spider-man kept explaining what each of his new web moves do.

>3>6
no

>rating parts
>not enjoying all of them

Secondaries gtfo

If you don't take it seriously, it can be somewhat fun and enjoyable.

If you do take it seriously, it's fucking braindead.

Wrong board

>series changes halfway through

>that part becomes the most popular and liked

Good luck working out king crimson or GER on your own i guess? fucking vermin i swear

>you can only enjoy it if you dont take it seriously

i fucking hate retards who say this shit. its just as bad as people who say "you can only enjoy it when youre high"

It's because its a shitty manga adaption.

See, in manga, characters describe attacks and provide exposition in a way that cant fully be conveyed on 8 pages of a single chapter, so when an anime adaption comes along, the animators have a choice of:
>Actually animating the full attack in its impressive state and make the character shut the fuck up (which does happen sometimes in jojo but not often enough)
>Or be lazy and just redraw the manga panel (which always looks worse due to tv budget) add barely any animation (see part 4's interpretation of the Kira and Josuke fight), and then give the excuse that youre being faithful to the original.

All in all, shit adaptation.

>It'll be like if Spider-man kept explaining what each of his new web moves do.
It's like you never read an old comic book before.

Does that mean I have to enjoy it if I did?
That is the most Sup Forums thing to say.

Like said, in spiderman movies, he doesnt do that because its a movie and not a comic

>implying capcom can revive the jjba fighting game
At this point, there's no good reason to not give it to arysys

>its a low effort thinly veiled JoJo thread on Sup Forums

The sheer fact that we lost Joseph makes every Part that isn't 2 inferior. Joseph is the best anime protagonist of all time, objectively.

"what are some games where [Maid Dragon or other off topic shit]" are much worse.
The first four words are already red flags.

Thats not Reinhard von Lohengramm or Lain

t. watched less than 10 anime series
kill yourself.

It's a goofy super hero show, it's not supposed to be deep. The reason they narrate so much is because it was a comic and they want to stay loyal to the source material.

It's still a fun show and they actually do interesting things with the fights instead of having them be DBZ screaming matches.

Granted, constant exposition dumps are a cancer on action anime.

>oh it's an anime thread
>let me signal how much I like LoGH, people need to know how unique and smart I am

>Animefag who hasn't read SBR
kys

4>7>2>3>6>5>1
this is objective and indisputable
it's all good though

Joseph is in part 3 and 4. Are you actually retarded?

>know shit all about anime
>get called out for being a retard
>proceed to reply with fedora neckbeard images
Fuck off reddit

Yang >>>>> Reinhardt

This is an anonymous imageboard you fucking moron.

Name ONE that I've heard of

Never gonna be animated, so I don't give a shit

He's a totally different character compared to his younger self, though. Yeah, you change when you age, but that doesn't change the fact that everything I loved about young Joseph is gone.

He's not even the best protagonist in his series

>Enjoying Jojo

Yes, because watching one of the most popular normie shows and constantly spouting how much you like it for internet points totally isn't reddit. also was directed at you. I'm not the guy you replied to.

>Phantom Blood at the bottom

Polnareff dies in part 5

>implying Araki's magnum opus and the greatest piece of modern literature/film in recorded history ever won't be animated
It's more likely they'd skip Stone Ocean than SBR.

>spouting how much you like it
I'm not the one claiming that a meme character like Joseph is "the best protagonist in all of anime".
Its just a massive red flag that proves you are fucking retard and have watched barely any anime.
Its also hypocritical of you to assume that i was the same guy who posted about LoGH.

Get ready for CGI horses.

good grief

Jotaro dies in Part 6 too

Is it true that animators can't draw horses anymore? That part in Shirobako confused me.

I mean that's highly likely regardless of if they do Stone Ocean or not.
I'm just not convinced Japan even knows that jojo had a 6th part

Phantom Blood is the most generic of all the Parts. Jonathan is best husbando, but his part's kinda boring.

Stone Ocean is essentially the finale to the original Jojo universe. Even if it's the least popular part, it'll get animated for the sake of ending the anime with some closure. SBR would have to set up an all-new universe, with zero characters from the old series. Also, horses are really expensive to animate, for some reason, so if it does happen, the race itself is gonna be that cheap anime CGI that doesn't blend with the 2D art at all. Do you really want that?

>anymore
Give me ONE(1) hand drawn horse scene in a TV anime that is well done.

They just look fucking awful in CGI.

>SDC that high

horses are hard to animate. part 7 has horses in the entire part so expect CGI.

youtube.com/watch?v=AP16YxfF8Jo
*blocks your path*

Read the fucking manga, Part 7 is the best one so far.

Part 5 is a mistake.

An entire show done with the CG style and quality of the first few intros would look really good but anime is too cheap for good CG

calling it now, part 5 is going to benefit greatly from being animated and experience a surge of western popularity

>parroting Sup Forums's opinion
>not even Sup Forums
>a general on Sup Forums
>parroting a general's opinion.

>Part 7-fags btfo of Sup Forums and mad that 5 is popular and good that they resort to go to Sup Forums to post

More like his body dies and his soul transfers to another body

My favorite part is Part 6. I just really like that arc, it was fun.

Part 3 seems to be the most hated part in the west and Part 5 is just like it.

>5 is a mistake
>worst parts about it were just the bland idealized protag and the bullshit he got given
>kino fights and side cast
>decent villain

>Part 3 seems to be the most hated part in the west
According to who?

>Vento Aureo: 1995
>Spongebob: The Smoking Peanut: 2001
I'm genuinely starting to think this was a Part 5 reference. Is this how Jojofaggotry begins?

>Part 5
>popular and good

>newshit doesn't realise that part 5 has been the least popular and most hated part in the western fanbase since forever and only got popular when secondaries read it

>Part 5 is a mistake
that's not 6
I wouldn't say either is bad but 6 was just too damn stupid at some points

i disagree. i think a lot of the lukewarm reception 5 gets was just from having a shitty translation for years that still might not be fixed until the fucker gets animated
i don't think many people hate part 3, as well

You forgot that part 5 went overboard with how faggy everyone looked

I'd say Part 3 Joseph is pretty believable and still has traits of Part 2 Joseph, he's honestly more prominent than Jotaro for most of Part 3 anyway, I think people would say Joseph was the protagonist of Part 3 had he been the one to kill Dio, he generally is the one always talking/acting for the group and the only one with any real connection to the villain. My only real complaint about Part 3 Joseph is how little he references things in Parts 1 and 2 that he would be aware of, there's several parts where it would be clearly relevant that he just doesn't, especially ripple stuff considering he knows he's going against vampires but no other party members acknowledge it and he only uses it once or twice in really limited ways, when parts 1/2 showed it has a lot (possibly too much) practical use outside of making vampires melt.

What if I like both 5 and 7? 5 has the best fights and 7 is the best all around.

7 > 4 > 8 > 5 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 1

Yeah
There was literally like 3 women who appeared the entire part but everyone still looked like a twink

They got a continuing Gucci tie-in from it so it caught somebody's attention

6 is fine if you just pretend Dragon's Dream never existed and skip those chapters
maybe the snails too

The thing is, I hated Diavolo's stand ability and the last fight, Polnareff fucking destroyed Vento Aureo for me and Gold Experience Requiem was totally forced/retarded.

The rest of Part 5 is ok/fun, but the ending is terrible.

>Trish
>Narancia
I can't even think of a third female character in part 5

>he didn't like the snails

Narancia's a dude. The only other women who appeared were Diavolo's mother and the woman Melone used to incubate one of her stand homunculi.

Narancia was a man.

>Narancia
I haven't read part 5 in ages but isn't that a guy

>series finally gets a well produced anime adaptation after a millenia of waiting
>it also completely ruins the fanbase by overpopularization and meme culture

>>Narancia
>Stand is Aerosmith
THAT
THAT
DUUUUDE LOOKS LIKE A LA-DY

Why are we censoring snails? It's Jojo; without names, no one will know what the fuck we're talking about out of context.

look on the bright side, it's a better fate than Berserk

Because the snail boobs happened.

If you aren't at least looking forward to this and Cioccolata's ass whooping getting animated then you're an irredeemable fag

>when the guy in the blue clothes talks about how he strangled a kitten when he was younger
what a cunt

and the rods
>my stand power lets me control a fictional species that can kill through heat absorption

I can agree with that.

that's one issue I have with part 5, due to everyone having weird italian names i never remember who's who so i had to look up who the fuck Cioccolata even was
Mista is one of my favorite characters in the series and I forgot his name too

Have you guys read the new colored scans? Part five used to be my least favorite and after rereading with proper translations it's ranked 2nd best imo

They're all food in Italian

>Caring about the Western audience

>I'm just not convinced Japan even knows that jojo had a 6th part
Of course they do. They know just enough to hate it because Jolyne is a shit, her power is boring and so is her entire part.

have they actually finished it? last i checked they were at like right before the Coliseum shit and it seemed like they never made progress

fuck off back to Sup Forums then? oh wait you can't because they delete your cancer general (any generals now tbf) now don't they?

Well, that's a pretty shitty opinion. 3 was the most influential part that encapsulated what was really so special about the artists's style in both art and storytelling. 1 and 2 merely build-up to that, and period pieces to boot.

3>4>2>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>6>>>

The storytelling in Part 3 was crap. It was nothing more than a good monster-of-the-week manga.

Nice bait to look like a animeonly fag. Put more effort into it next time.

Jojo is one of those things where you should throw your storytelling expectations completely out the window. What you THINK you're seeing (gratuitous exposition) simply has a completely different function that it does in ordinary manga.