BORUTO Chapter 16

Chapter is out
imgur.com/a/t9yfL
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVfv1YctCLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I swear Kubo did the character designs for this group

Ikemoto's Momoshiki was also looking quite Kubo-like. It might be one of his inspiration, who knows

Besides Naruto using Dotons, let's recall Boruto who has started recently to be a genin:
>Rasengan
>Gentle Fist
>Suiton jutsus
>Raiton jutsus

Place Boruto in Naruto Chuunin Exams arc. I'd say he's slightly above Sasuke and Gaara. Kid is talented.

Hopefully only the old dude used the ninja tools. I don't like that much technology being thrown around.

Also, the 'vessel' was most likely some sort of dead edo tensei body that Kara would use to get the 'key'. Liking Kara so far. What did you guys think?

Nah, Sasuke and Gaara were way stronger than current Boruto. Sure he knows these techniques, but those guys had serious combat experience and mental drive to fight. Boruto's a product of peaceful age, he doesn't really know what it's like to constantly fight for survival.

you're conflating breadth of jutsu with his actual fighting potential. gaara's armor of sand tanks literally all of that except the rasengan, and even that's not gonna do shit if he goes shukaku, and sasuke was a murder monster, especially after rock lee's taijutsu, a month of hardcore training, and the cursed seal's senjutsu to fall back on

But even so, Boruto is naturally creative with his jutsu

Even when he was cheating in the exams, it still takes smarts to instantly know what jutsu to use

It is fucking crazy we are at the point with Naruto where people are more hyped about a little mud wall doton than a juinjutsu delivery system incorporating both doton and futon for a kekkei genkai sand control example of peak shape manipulation and change in nature

Bort's solo combo technique was skilled as fuck though. Remember when Hiruzen used his elemental combo attacks, and he needed to manifest shadow clones to launch each individual technique? Bort being able to launch them back to back by himself for a self collaboration was pretty good

No user
>I need the homing shuriken
or
>If I jam electricity in water it'll shock people
are not particularly creative

>old man fails
>all other Kara members shitting on him
>gets killed by the young chad
Being a grandpa is suffering. Also Bort got some sweet new jutsu.

It goes way back with the fight vs Orochimaru; Hiruzen can do a ton of regular moves but one at a time

Why doesn't naruto just use the truth seeking orb?

but can Naruto rocket punch?
youtube.com/watch?v=vVfv1YctCLg

I like the Kara group too, particularly their character designs and the fact that they infight among each other. But I have a feeling they will not be the main villains of Boruto

Imagine chuunin exams naruto, no one combined different element jutsu. All the strongest guys were doing 1 specific technique that they trained years to do and everything beyong that is reserved for jounins.
Now its genin level bs. Man these powerlevels.

I think Mitsuki is the only real example of things being completely retarded, since he has Sage Mode. If you exclude him, in terms of raw powerlevels I think the old gen still have them beat. More talented and skillful doesn't mean bigger booms

More Moegi when?

>I'd say he's slightly above Sasuke and Gaara.
There's literally nothing in Boruto's arsenal that makes me think he'd be a match for Gaara at all

They're lost to the wind, because the last three of them conveniently exploded right before the hand to hand portion of him and Sasuke's final battle

Nah Bort who can't handle a wind wall or a mud wall is totally a match for this

meant for

Neji would whoop his ass

Fuck off with that shit.
Sasuke had fire and lighting element if he also had water he could have done the exact same attack that Bort did.

So the Kara scene was the result of "genjustsu communication" and not actually a different dimension.

When Kara were discussing the vessel, they said they spent enough money to buy a small country for the vessel. I'm pretty sure that the vessel is then some sort of genetically modified or artificial human.

Seriously though get back to me when Bort's tattoo spreads all the way and he does something like summon two thousand shadow clones and a boss summon back to back while being crushed by a sand coffin without any tailed beast assistance

Neji, Gaara, Sasuke, and Naruto were all a lot more powerful than Boruto is right now. The guy's OP and talented as fuck but not in the right areas to fight those monsters.

>complaining about the new power levels
>at the same time saying they can't match the old gen
How about you faggots choose one?

really make you thunk

>kunai hits target
>assassination by kunai is successful
what the fuck am I reading

This truly IS the next generation.

I'm really not sure how I feel about the whole tattoos becoming a thing thing

>Neji, Gaara, Sasuke, and Naruto were all a lot more powerful than Boruto is right now. The guy's OP and talented as fuck but not in the right areas to fight those monsters.
I honestly think Boruto is better in terms of skill and pure talent. He can already do one handed rasengan, add nature chakra to them, do elemental combos. All he needs is more power.

Nostalgic

this feels like Pokemon Anime, where everytime Ash moves to another region, powerlevels are reset. A small mouse that defeated a Legendary suddenly loses to a mere route1 pokemon.

This is boruto now. Gods fall to Kunais and clones.

Sasuke and Naruto did a lot of that against Zabuza. Just not element jutsu.

Don't get me wrong, I love it. Kunai were always the symbol in early Naruto, along with scrolls, and everybody being able to dodge them was the silliest thing.

Older Boruto should use wind chakra to enhance his sword, like Asuma did with his blades.

Yeah, but that tattoo looked good, the new ones feel like they were overdesigned.

it wasnt a god it was just some old fart, the dude said something about a regen/healing technique that he had so he was probably just kara's pink shit equivalent :^)

Naruto isnt even on a powerlevel scale if he didnt have 9 tails, hes even worse than sakura.
Sasuke was The smartest guy in school with sharingan, with clan fire techs and even then he would've lost to direct hit from rasengan which boruto learned with zero effort apparently.

If you really stretch it, Harem no Jutsu and the Kuchiyose+Henge that turned Gamabunta into Kurama were also a kind of combo technique. Same with Sasuke using ninja wire and flowing fire down it.

Doing collaboration techniques with yourself and being a natural talent with nature transformation is great but it's not like the old gen never played with their skillsets

Who replaces Naruto when he dies? I'm pretty sure Sasuke is too autistic for the job an will insist on working in the shadows/in the field like someone like Jiraiya, always running about the world and helping the current Hokage.

He was talking about Momoshiki.

If he didn't have the nine tails he'd still be able to summon two thousand clones kek. Do you see any red aura or slit eyes when he summoned versus Mizuki or Gaara? Being half an Uzumaki had its benefits.

> :^)
Fuck off

I'm not trying to argue who's stronger, hold your horses. Simply pointing out that shooting lightning to a puddle isn't really that incredible, and jutsu combos were used a lot back in the day.

>that tattoo looked good
>literally ends up with Sasuke transforming into a gray tranny looking thing with plump lips
>the new ones feel like they were overdesigned
>only covers the arm and face
Okay.

Kakashi coming out of retirement when?

or lighting it works too, or both if possible

Maybe it makes more sense if they showed boruto training? Atm we just get SoL shit and everyone trains off screen and come back with s-level techniques like its easiest thing in the world.

Lipstick Sasuke looked /fa/, shut up

thats a very menacing face you're pulling fren

>not Konohamaru finally achieving his dream and following his senpai in his footsteps
Though in all fairness, the next one will probably be a repeat of history. It'll probably be Sakura.

A water wave and a bolt of lightning don't really qualify as s-rank

You need to go back

Why don't you make him if you're so tough?

I was just pointing out a fact. It seems you want to argue over something (I'm not even sure what) so please stop replying to me.

>hokage
>pinkshit
Nope

>I'm going to pull out all the epic comments i've seen used since the 2 days i've browsed this board
Pipe down please

>He doesn't know the Sup Forums Approved Emoticon list.

The Boruto manga is monthly. They don't have the time to show him training for every jutsu he learns.

not, I think it'll keep the teached tradition
>Kakashi
>Naruto
>Konohamaru
>Sarada

>go back
>m-make me!
Lurk more

Actually wait, let me add Lee to that. Fucking tell me Boruto could beat Lee.

If Sakura ever becomes Hokage i'm actually dropping this series for good. Not joking, I 100% mean it. I'm done with Boruto/ the Naruto franchise for good

Thats going to be an issue going forward.

>epic comments
Go back

>Boruto finally uses his elemental jutsu
>there are people mad about it right now
Is it Saladfags again? She just can't compete.

>Scolds Boruto for using artificial jutsus in the movie
>Use robohand 9000 with artificial jutsus

Konohamaru, kakashi, shikamaru, or Sakura

It doesn't cast jutsu

OP here, let's not go there. You know what happens when you invoke this name.
You know that's not happening, chill. Even in the flash foward, Naruto is still the last Hokage. Next one will either be Konohamaru and then Sarada.

I'm actually starting to feel embarrassed for you

>Shikamaru
It would be too much of a drag.

Probably, they are a sensitive bunch

>posting unrelated pics
Lurk more

It has Momoshiki's jutsu absorption.

How is Boruto so far? Never picked itup.

Who's mad about it? People itt are just comparing him to the best of Naruto's generation during the chunin exams.

this girl just can't get a break

Nothing matters.
If theres a fight where potentially millions die chances are no one dies or takes it seriously. Theres zero suspense at any point of the series because of how strongly its marketed towards children.
I dont think they're even allowed to legally show an underage person dying.

Chapter 1-15 was a quite slow "prologue" (that's how it was labeled as).
Pacing is increasing now and it's getting quite interesting.

Who will receive a kyuubi, after Naruto death?

meant to

It better not be Orochimaru making a profit on his experiments with any shady schmucks with a lot of cash.

I remember in the anime when Silhouette became the OP and between the music and the animation it felt like the show had become a technicolor neon fever dream

I really like Kana-Boon but using their music to set the stage for this generation, along with all the pink and poppy artsy effects, really sets the tone for me for what it's gonna be. Unless it's like a Madoka-ish fakeout and things are about to get real weird

Really, dude? Really? Was that last part necessary?

That's what the anime is for.

Ahahahaha

How long has Sarada had the Sharingan?

anime right now is targeted to kids but the manga is still targeted to teenagers. A guys was carbonized this chapter. The Kara organisation is presented as a legit threat.
It's just that the kids in the anime are still in the academy. They can't throw in major death of traumatising evens because characters have ot coincide with they're future manga selves

What exactly is wrong with Sakura becoming Hokage? It's been canonically stated that she is a candidate of taking the position if something were to happen to Naruto. Having personal issues against certain characters govern your views on the series is not healthy.

I think this was a mistranslation.

Kishi already talked about this regarding sasuke and I think it's relevant : It's not interesting to see someone train if he doesn't strugle. Since Sasuke and Boruto learn things easily, there's no point in focussing too much on it. Even his rasengan training was not really shown in detail.

god damn muh dick

>It's been canonically stated that she is a candidate of taking the position if something were to happen to Naruto.
Who said that? If you're refering to Boruto than it's not a good point.
There's not reason for Sakura to be Hokage when other's are waiting to get the job. Not to mention that she's already exhausted with just hospital work and faints. She won't be able to hold the job. Konohamaru getting it is way more logical.
Also, why do you alway want to bring her up? This thread is about chapter 16, this isn't a general, fuck off

>Kishi made her a BBW foreveralone
What crime

All the OP characters from Naruto were just flat out monsters and shouldn't really be compared. Boruto's skill set tends towards the manga's beginnings. He's OP in the sense that he's just a skilled ninja. A bit like young Kakashi, actually.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Since when Naruto can do something else than Rasengan and clones?

>Naruto can do earth jutsu

what

>there are people mad about it right now
Who is complaining?