ITT: underrated asspulls

ITT: underrated asspulls

How was it an asspull?

O

I don't understand how people like this mangaka. I read his shit and they're all "AND NOW I SUDDENLY HAVE A NEW POWER!". People get mad at asspulls but love this guy for some reason.

He still fucking lost didnt he

>asspulls
the new memeword

it was fun in ongoing, you'll never understand

>spend the entire manga showing that Yuuhi needs to come up with some way to fight the other knights once Animus is dealt with
>reveals a power that would have little effect on golems but a massive effect on people, letting him fight them without putting their lives at risk
>asspull

>new
It's older than you are, at least.

MY

Spirit Circle was superior in every way. I should really reread it.

RUBBA

CUNT

Had higher peaks but I think Biscuit Hammer was more consistent

Gear 2nd was an asspull and everyone knows it. He somehow learned it between Aokiji and Enies Lobby but didn't feel like he needed it to get Robin back or to fight Lucci the first time?

Gohan going SSS against Jiren

I never understood the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer hype. It was just a regular shounen for me, maybe it is because I read it after I had already read plenty of manga. The fact that the dog knight had to die to make the little dipshit of MC useful, made me really angry. Don't get me started on the whole "I transfered all my powers to him, after death" shit. Talk about a cheap way out.

multiverse

I agree. The other gears are better but this one was literally just the "become more powerful but it shortens your life span" meme.

He literally spends half the manga training in the mountains. It's not out of nowhere just because his training is a little more subtle.

Honestly, it's just a bunch of regular shounen tropes pulled off well. It's charming, not too long, and just creative enough. It's personally my favourite manga and I had already read lots by the time I found it, there's just lots of little things that make reading it really fun for me. The protagonist being in university rather than high school, the total inanity of everyone's wishes (which were a perfect world-building tool to immediately establish characters), the fact that half the manga is the knights just bumming around. It's hard to argue that it's an objectively good manga, but it's very easy to fall in love with.

It's not a shounen.

Meh, I guess. It's just that nothing really stood out for me, to be honest. I didn't care about the MCs, I only cared about 2 characters, and they barely had any importance over all. The only time that I REALLY got hyped during the manga was when Akane(?) got into a straight up fist fight with the mini golem, for some reason, it was my favorite fight of the manga. Don't get me wrong, it was a good, enjoyable manga, but it doesn't break my "top manga" list in any way, shape or form.

Lucy and biscuits was great. A really fresh take.

Gear 4th is just as bad.

>The MC intentionally doesn't show what he's capable of because he knows he'll have to fight the other knights at the end.

WOW OMG ASSPULL!! CAN'T BELIEVE HE GOT THAT POWER OUT OF NOWHERE!!! REEEEEEEE

Anyone here have the Genius banner from Sengoku Youko?

Or the chapter where that happens cause I looked for it for like 20 min yesterday and couldn't find it.

What's the difference?

He learned in between getting beaten by Lucci the first time and fighting Blueno. I thought the idea was that he learned it by copying CP9's bullshit powers.

only on paper, once you read it's very read like a shonen manga. A pretty good one at that.

in terms of asspull factor, yeah, but at least its more creative and makes more sense because its basically an evolution of 3rd

>new technique after a timeskip devoted to training
>calls it an asspull

That wasn't an asspull though. Just rushed near the end.

His power was that black antimatter shit the whole time, he just suddenly got more of it.

I don't think it counts as an asspull if it's kept secret on purpose, but I love the idea behind Zenkichi's Devil Style. Fits him (and the manga) perfectly.

Can the mods start banning people for this already?

Shonen is not a genre.

To be honest Samidare is worse than his newer works.

Spirit Circle is overall better, more polished

I know, doesn't change what I say. It could be publish in a shonen magazine and literally nothing will change about it.

How can something be "like" a shonen unless you think it's a genre?

Overall quality and consistency - Biscuit Hammer
Best ending - Sengoku Youko
Best scenes - Spirit Circle

Hopefully his new one picks up a bit more. Sengoku Youko started off slow too so I'm not too concerned.

>college-aged characters and the bloody death of several characters

Actually, it probably wouldn't fly in a shounen magazine because most of the plot is about the characters and not the fights. For example, there's no way it'd last in something like Shounen Jump.
It also covers some themes that are slightly heavier but, as it's mostly a character piece, it's definitely something that older people will appreciate more than 12 year old boys.

It could be published in a shoujo magazine.

Not enough rape.

>he just suddenly got more of it.
That called an asspull.

Yeah he said he got the idea from watching their super fast movement bullshit

Nothing in Biscuit Hammer was darker than HxH.

Togashi is pushing the limits. I also feel like he is only allowed to due to his special status.

>"nova" training that no one else successfully finished
>Dad can teach them and warp time for extra training time
I liked Psyren but that was too stupidly convenient.

Death Note was in WSJ. But they're like exceptions

There's plenty other shonen series that is darker than Biscuit Hammer, I don't consider Biscuit dark to begin with.

I agree, but Biscuit Hammer being about college-aged characters and definitely makes it feel like it doesn't fit in a shounen mag.

I just finished this.

I enjoyed everything, but I felt like it could've been longer and more developed. Not necessarily more things happening in the plot, but everything taking a longer time to happen.

This artist's characters designs are so fucking ugly

And then there's this faggot.

Why does the Nihonmatsu Siblings suck so much?

I actually quit reading as soon as his dad revealed he had powers, too. I started reading because somebody posted that user's page, and I was curious, but never made it. What's the deal, does he just get generically more powerful or does it do anything else? His ability was already retarded powerful.

It's kind of an asspull, but really, lots of shit was towards the end due to its cancellation and rushed ending.

That pic user first posted is Ageha's "Nova Form", Nova being a special form of Psi only known to Ageha, his dad, and Sakurako, which converts the user's whole body into psychic energy. His dad can control gravity in that form, Amamiya could create a second body controlled by her split personality, and Ageha's was just the logical conclusion of his OP-as-fuck power set combined with turning his whole body into that power.

Like I said, the manga was in a rush to get itself over with. He literally one-shot both the final baddies with it.

Give it time, Sengoku Youko was pretty bad up until around the timeskip.