KyoAni

There's not a single good thing about this studio.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BZRWnpblbqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Animation and quality control is top tier, no creativity at all though.

Their animation is some of the best youll find on TV. I hate the studio, but even I have to give them 90/100+ on animation every time I score one of their shows. So saying that they have nothing to offer is retarded. Their writing and audio direction are absolute bin tier, though. At least for 80% of the shit they made.

Your picture also isnt accurate at all. Its the subtle details that make those characters look different. That doesnt look like Yui at all, for example.

Mirai and Rikka are cute.

>studio wars thread

Yes OP, what a great idea!

Good animation and cute girls

>high quality backgrounds
>nice colour palettes
>good animation
>consistent quality, their does not go to shit towards the end
Seriously, I know that you're just looking for replies, but KyoAni isn't as shit as you think it is.
I am still aghast by the fact that they did two fucking seasons of Free, for fuck's sake. They're incredibly good at PR.

This is the thing about Kyoani, the shows are well made, they are pretty to look at and etc, but it's all very play safe and won't stimulate you beyond a superficial level.

There's a tone shift in recent years, don't tell me you don't notice Hibike and Violet Evergarden.

Haven't watched Evergarden yet, but how Euphorium isn't play safe or doesn't carry most of the things Kyoani is known for?

They're the only studio that pays their animators a living wage.

>Free
They also have two fucking movies of it now. One's a recap, but the other one is original.
youtube.com/watch?v=BZRWnpblbqk

I didn't say it was a big tone shift, just that there is one.

To be fair, Free S2 was genuinely better.
Though I don't understand why they make Free look so terrible.

I hate the Studio, but the animation is really good. The backrounds too although I'm not a fan of the "over realism".
But most shit they produce story wise is utterly [garbage]

>There's a tone shift in recent years, don't tell me you don't notice Hibike
I wish I hadnt. That is exactly what I was referring to when I said shitty writing and audio direction. That show was a goddamn mess.

I wouldn't even say it's garbage, it's just mediocre as fuck.

As expected from anti-KinoAni buffoons,

OP = faggot

>Comedy anime about school girls
>Generic drama with a otaku self insert set on school
>Boring school romance
>Anime about highschool girls fucking around on a club
>Anime about otaku self insert having supernatural beings around him, also set on school

Problem, faggot?

I'm just stunned by the wide range of genres and settings they make

If I want to see old people on TV, I'll watch Twin Peaks: The Return.

Are you going to watch VEG?

You make a compelling argument, FagOP, but the thing is, that's obviously tamako's face and it doesn't really fit the others.

>wont stimulate beyound superficial level
Nigga, watch K-On from start to finish. I have never cried as much with Episode 20 of the second season, the finale for the second season or the movie.
I cried my eyes out 3 times in this single anime when no other piece of media had ever made me cry.
so fuck you.

I didn't complained about them being young though.
I also didn't said K-ON was bad.

What's Kyoani's end game?
Is all these boring SOL garbage just training for when they decide to animate the next big Urobuchi?

So smug

>high quality backgrounds
You mean the blurry photos with faux DoF or the ones that are CG?

faggot

No.

I LIKE KYOANI AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

>what is haruhi

shit

Kyoani is a sad case because their animation is beautiful, but their artstyle, character design, settings, and stories are really boring. How do I say this... It feels like I really should enjoy anime from them, but I don't.

wow who know [character] looks different with differing haircuts

I don't mind the sameface if it's supported by consistent quality, feel the same way about Ghibli.

Their material is hit and miss though.

They stimulate my dick and that's all that matters. If I wanted a mind fuck or philosophy I'd read a book.

K-On is nothing to cry about. I would have believed you if you said Clannad.

your dick doesn't matter
its not even real, its just an illusion created by the vibrating sea of inseperable energy that is our universe

This gif was what made me pick the series up

The SHAFTniggers are out in full force today. Are you guys excited for their next Powerpoint presentation?

Not him, but I think K-ON is more emotional than Clannad honestly.

Euphonium has the best writing of any of their shows, purely because it's an adaptation of a work by a competent author

On what universe? So much fucking melodrama and MISUNDERSTANDINGS even if I liked it overall. Like the first half of Season 2 was spent focusing on characters I couldn't remotely give a shit about.

K-On, despite its fairly average source material, is the best-written thanks to its character dynamics. Sasuga Yamada.

There's no studio with better quality control than Kyoani
You can always pin point the episode where other studios ran out of budget or time

>otaku self-insert
That's not the vibe I got from kyon-kun at all, did I watch it wrong?

And you can always pinpoint when kyoanal didnt bother to hire a decent writer: since the first minute of the first episode

>There's not a single good thing about this studio.

I thought the same thing, then I went and read the Haruhi novels. Boy, they were such trash; absolutely awful pieces of literary works. They were a horrendous read, didn't make sense and had endlessly repeating themes. I mean, if everyone loved the Haruhi anime, and the movie that accompanied it, why doesn't anyone discuss the novels? Then I found out first hand why. Kyoani isn't an amazing studio or even the greatest, but they are the best at adapting source material, closely followed by SHAFT.

Kyoani thus sticks to their strengths which is adaptations. Their adaptations are stellar; no forced NTR, no alternate scenarios, no sudden drama, no side character deaths etc. Kyoani is just really damn good at enhancing adaptions. I actually just got back from shitting a torrent of fury in an other thread where the anime adaptation went to shit by doing the above. If an anime is going to spend time building up its theme and characters, then the last thing you want is to have all that trust and invested interest up rooted by doing something out of left field.

I understand Japanese people in their culture love TWEESTS and sudden, dumb bullshit but that simply ruins stories, it doesn't necessarily enhance them.

2nd season when?

After Eupho S2 they could fuck anything up. I'm not willing to wish for it anymore.

Clannad was sad because of its own story. K-On was sad because there were some themes that people could relate to from real life.

The whole theme about high school being almost over, making the most of your time with your friends, and having to move on in life and say goodbye to them is something that most people could empathize with. That's what made their final concert together and their song to Azusa pretty sad.

>K-On was sad because

The girls were retarded and you felt empathy towards their idiocy.

Oh and I bet you think ancient vampire loli and Redditgahara are such better characters, don't you?

Saging this Sup Forums-tier thread by the way.

What did they do to Eupho S2?

they're getting there, Violet will be anime of the decade Mr. hater

making the girl too hot but not enough hentai to fap and pissing off yurifags

I'm skeptical about any character that gets a harem and tons of fun with a ''why bother'' and ''i'm too lazy to care'' attitude.

/u/fag on her period, ignore her

Clannad has nothing on K-ON!. It was ruined by the ending. It was also generally overwrought and annoying whenever most of the so-called sad scenes happened. The best elements of Clannad are Tomoya living an adult life, dealing with being a parent, and dealing with his father.

This will be Kyoani final claim as the best anime studio and nothing you haters can do about it

>an art style is only different if it's wildly different
This meme needs to die.

You're thinking of After Story.

>reductionistic nonsense
What amazing criticism.

Brought all the shit characters to the forefront.

I'm thinking of the whole show. Outside of directly comparing the two seasons, separating them is pointless to me.

>behaves like fictional characters tend to do
>retarded
Why don't you just read nonfiction?

A studio shouldn't look out to be a Jack of all trades but a master of none

bottom face looks nothing like chitanda

hint: different character designer

And what's wrong with that, exactly?
>Generic drama with a otaku self insert set on school
Name three dramas that are exactly like it. Also, putting aside how bullshit it is to criticize a character as a self-insert, how is Oreki a self-insert for the dreaded otaku?
>Boring school romance
Nice ADHD.
>Anime about highschool girls fucking around on a club
>Anime about otaku self insert having supernatural beings around him, also set on school
Putting aside how bullshit it is to criticize a character as a self-insert, how is Kyon a self-insert for the dreaded otaku? Also, what's inherently bad about its setting or there being supernatural beings around him?

>memecenter.com
This doesn't work at all. That looks nothing like Yui and that looks nothing like Chitanda.

KyoAni does good comedies. Their dramas are real shit tier though. The shows like K-on and Haruhi that to the line are watchable, but ultimately boring. They should stick to stuff like Maid Dragon, Lucky Star and Nichijou (especially since those shows aren't riddled with boring CGI backgrounds and rainbow vomit color pallettes).
I wouldn't say any of their stuff deserves the lavish praise you faggot seem to give it though.
Also, they couldn't pick a decent source material to save their lives.

*toe the line

Are you seriously implying that Lucky Star and Maidragon have more subdued color palettes than K-On?

calling maid dragon a comedy is a bit of a stretch

They're a victim of retards who think overgeneralizations count as criticisms and who can't tell artstyles apart. They make fine shows.

>KyoAni does good comedies.
>comedies
Did you mean SoL?

waiting patiently alongside you user...

not sure if the LN source material really has enough at this point.

I'm a /u/fag and I've specifically been avoiding euphonium because I heard that s2 pisses off /u/fags

No, I mean comedy (ie shows whose main focus is on telling jokes, as opposed to drama). Get off MAL every now and then.

How precious.

The only thing resembling comedy that KyoAni has ever made is Nichijou. You have the sense of humor of a toddler.

>Are you seriously implying that Lucky Star and Maidragon have more subdued color palettes than K-On?
Not necessarily K-on. I was thinking of Tamako, Hyouka and the Key trash, where every scene had every color of the rainbow in it.

but jokes arn't the main focus of maid dragon?

Thank you

Oh, I still want Hyouka 2nd still then.

I don't even know what the LN status is, it's extremely unpopular from what I know, but I think there were 5 books and they adapted 4.

I'm probably wrong though.

KYO well-polished-turds ANI

You're delusional. What you're referring to as "SoL" shows are literally just a genre of comedy.

PA>JC>KYO>SHAFT>A-1

i'm not even the same dude
also, you can be an ignorant dumbass if you want, but the Shakespearean classification has essentially zero utility in real life.

Keep telling yourself that brainlet.

It churns out so many shows that this graph applies to that the graph just applies to them in general. Same with Shaft.

>ad hominem non-argument

at least have the balls to walk away like an adult when you realize you're wrong

The studio work culture is among the best in the industry; their projects don't have absurdly rushed production schedules and they cultivate their own in-house talent. They have a lot of positives going for them, more than most other studios.

No you're right, there was a 6th came out last year though, only translated recently. Probably years until the next one.

Are the LN's really unpopular? As in sales wise or fan reaction? How the hell did Hyōka of all things get a live action adaptation? too many questions

All works of literature can be parsed either fully or partially into drama or comedy. KyoAni doesn't work drama well at all, so when their shows venture into that territory, they become tedious and childish.
On the other hand, they are excellent at visual gags, which is where Nichijou and Maiddragon excelled. I don't really know why you can't understand such simple classifications. Maybe take a literature class. Most community colleges offer them at very affordable rates.