What happened in 1980??

What happened in 1980??

Crack. Suddenly cocaine wasn't just for rich people.

Drug

Wait, I thought Prison and jail were the same thing

neoliberalism

kikes won the war for control over the deep state

War on drugs officially kicks into 2nd gear is what happened... also, the 3 strikes rule kicks in in the early 90s, about half way into that climb.

no duh. jail is where you go to await your trial. prison is where you go once you've been convicted

War on drugs + privatisation of prison system = Jew gold.

Everyday I learn something new on Sup Forums. Good.

>War on drugs, The term was popularized by the media shortly after a press conference given on June 18, 1971, by President Richard Nixon—the day after publication of a special message from President Nixon to the Congress on Drug Abuse Prevention and Control—during which he declared drug abuse "public enemy number one".

Drugs promotion due to vietnam war

War on Drugs, particularly sentencing reform act.

lock em up went into effect and the crime rate collapsed...

Someone invented efficient ways to lock up unruly nogs.

In America,Jail is temporary for short stays up to two years depending on the charge;,Prison is for lengthy stays,again depends on the charge,and is for felons.Jails are owned by private companies,and the officers that guard the jail aren't cops at all,but are reg. people hired and paid by the private company that owns the jail.Prisons are owned by the federal government[reason it's called federal prison],with real guards that're cops on the govt. payroll,and since it's federal,tax payers pay for it.Tax payers even pay for the local jails that're privately owned,the guards,and housing inmates.It's total horseshit.

war on drugs. republicans.

((((((((((((reagan))))))))))))))

Shut your fucking mouth you shill kike

blacks

Desegregation chickens came home to roost.

The jail here is owned by the parish and guarded by sheriff's deputies.

State prisons hold far more inmates than federal prisons. you go to federal prisons for committing federal crimes.

1980 was when the US murder rate peaked. The country seemed to be lawless, which led to a tough-on-crime backlash under Reagan. The 60's and 70's had been a period of criminal "reform" where sentences were shortened and prosecutions were often dropped or deferred - the same thing that liberals are trying to do today and that Obama was pushing.

Drug war
Private prisons
Crack epidemic

Crack and hip hop culture.

Same

Reagan.

Not just that; the post-war era marks the introduction of a lot of farm and labouring technology that is ubiquitous by 1980. The forklift for example. Society went from having lots of jobs for those under 85IQ to having no jobs at all. That's why blacks ended up on welfare and selling crack.

>Crack and hip hop culture.

this
the welfare culture and basically the destruction of the black nuclear family it caused in the 60's and 70's came home to roost

Seems like it depends on the state.I'm from Michigan,and jails here are privately owned while the federal prisons are owned by the federal govt but taxpayers pay for everything else.

My sister-in-law didn't commit a federal crime,and has been in-out of federal prison since I've known my in-laws,that's 15years.She kept repeating the same crime which went from a simple misdemeanor to a felony.All she did was shop lift.She couldn't even complete either of her probation nor parole,and would get sent back to federal prison.
I did say,"Depends on the charge.",which ultimately decides reg.jail or prison.And felons are sent to prison.

no.....
the welfare state and grievance industry convinced blacks to pop out kids to unwed mothers in the 60's and 70's
Those fatherless children who grew up in culture of GIBS were teen agers and 20's during the 80's

Jails are less secure, and are used often as holding cells for people on trial. It's also where people convicted of lesser crimes are served with sentences are typically under 1-2 years of time.

Prisons are where the hardened convicted felons go.

The national bust down of black people

> all she did was shoplift

>I did say,"Depends on the charge.",which ultimately decides reg.jail or prison.And felons are sent to prison.

This.

Convicted of DUI and have to serve 3 days? You're going to the County Jail.

Convicted of Armed robbery? You're spending 5-10 years in prison.

A kleptomaniac,a 400lbs lardass,a degenerate slut,a coke head,and a pathological liar.It's most certainly is very unpleasant.She needs a helicopter ride.