Best single episode of the year so far

Is this the single best episode of the year? I mean, it had incredible animation, and amazing OST, very well paced, had the right amount of epicness and emotion into it, it's crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8aAZB-DOKio
youtu.be/r4Um6okMHcE?t=2m43s
youtube.com/watch?v=ogcenbQ1WXE
sakugabooru.com/post/show/38383
sakugabooru.com/post/show/38382
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meme all you want about the show, but Shingeki no Kyojjin season 2's 6th episode was easily the best episode of the year.
youtube.com/watch?v=8aAZB-DOKio

Episode 7 was better because it was hype from start to finish, not only in the last scene

Ep 7 was brilliant but it had a weaker usage of OST in comparison to 6. 6 had the best direction, usage of music and one of the most fantastically executed reveals I've seen in anime to date. This is coming from someone who thought season 1 was overrated to fucking bits too.

The amount of times I rewatched that scene alone for the music, god damn.

>everything blows up into little cubes
yeah nope. 6/10 episode at best.

time to rewatch this and then rewatch the reactions from animeonlys.
fucking masterpiece.

>Episode 7 was better
>Much weaker animation and pacing
>direction is also fucking shit
>6 had the best direction, usage of music and one of the most fantastically executed reveals I've seen in anime to date.
How to spot a newfag

have a thing against cubes?

No, Uchouten E7 was.

>newfag newfag newfag
Is that all you can say? Why not provide an example of a better-executed reveal in anime? It was done insanely well in SnK 2, I can even go in-depth of why I think so if you'd like.

>rewatch the reactions
Fuck off and kill yourself.

it's nothing but a hunter x hunter ripoff with even shittier writing

>Why not provide an example of a better-executed reveal in anime?

When the music suddenly stops

> It was done insanely well in SnK 2, I can even go in-depth of why I think so if you'd like.
Yeah I doubt that considering you're defending SnK of all things

>he doesn't find the overblown reactions of normies entertaining.
Take your own advice, user.

I have a thing against lazy animation.

>watching reactions ever
>normies
You're just making it clearer that you don't belong here.

Oh so you have no idea what you're talking about. Okay

Could you provide a video with that, user? I'm actually interested to see what you think is good.
>Yeah I doubt that considering you're defending SnK of all things.
Just because it's popular doesn't mean that it doesn't have a pretty damn interesting premise. I thought season 1 was honestly pretty generic, a 6/10 if anything, but season 2 changed things up immensely to the point where I actually felt pretty immersed into the story for a change. The episode 6 reveal was one of the greatest reveals I've ever seen because it flips what you'd expect a reveal to be like completely on its head; it's foreshadowed quite cleverly near the beginning and all the signs are there, but it comes out in a way that leaves you just as shocked as the characters in the scene.

>I'm actually interested to see what you think is good.
Not him, but have you somehow not seen Code Geass in 2017?

>am I fitting in yet?
kill yourself mongoloid. I drop any series that things a giant fucking lightshow that ends in a big fucking little cube explosion is a good idea.

Ree ree, normies get off my board ree. Am I fitting in now? Doesn't change the fact that reactions can be pretty entertaining. Why do you hate fun, user?

I've been meaning to watch it for ages honestly. If I'll take any blows for it I accept them openly, I really should've watched it sooner.

You're just cheap baiting I see. Fuck off.

>making debris be a thousand perfect cubes instead of actual debris isn't lazy
go back to whatever shithole you came from

>The episode 6 reveal was one of the greatest reveals I've ever seen
We are quite aware that you're a newfag you don't need to keep reminding us.

Do you have anything other to say than "newfag newfag newfag"? Honestly asking, if the reveal's bad then I'm interested to hear why you think so. Or if there's even better reveals that I've missed I'd like to hear that too, user.

>BnHAfags asshurt that SnK had a better episode
>religiously defend it by shrieking "NEWFAG AOT IS SHIT OMEGALULLL"
end yourself

>the right amount of epicness
Quality thread from a shounenshitter, as always.

>Best single episode of the year
>Boku no pico academia

Code Geass is over rated horse shit

Just like everything else posted in this thread.

>SnK tries to downplay BnHA episode so much
>I-i-i-i-i-it was the best reveal in anime evar!

Half a decade later you're still using this shitty format

>The episode 6 reveal was one of the greatest reveals I've ever seen because it flips what you'd expect a reveal to be like completely on its head; it's foreshadowed quite cleverly near the beginning and all the signs are there, but it comes out in a way that leaves you just as shocked as the characters in the scene.

samefag

> into little cubes
This fucker dislikes yutapon cubes.

>normies
>watches YT reactions
Lurk more, or go back to your containment board.

>downplay
It's literally a lightshow. Bet you fags only liked it because your self-insert used his cool (or should I say HOT?? Edit: Thanks for the reddit gold!) side.

>Edit: Thanks for the reddit gold
Jesus Christ, this thread.

Do you have an actual argument other than an insult?
>Episode's 6 slotted right after the ending of an arc that pulls into question whether or not there are more titan shifters that are going to be revealed in the series
>Episode 6 starts off with a slow pace and feels more like it's going to be a bridge episode towards the next arc; just generally uneventful.
>Out of fucking nowhere the two poster boys of the series; The Colossal Titan and the Armoured Titan have their identities revealed so casually you'd have to double-take the scene to see if you just misread.
>The twist isn't an explosion but rather a seed that festers and festers, with the scene after stringing together the logic and evidence showing how the two of them were suspicious all along.
>When the realisation kicks in you're at the exact same state of mind as the protagonist.
>The fucking most terrifying titans in the series up to that point turned out to just be scared kids who were comrades to the rest of the crew and their reveal was done solely because one of them had finally snapped.
>The entire reveal and transformation after's built up completely into a brilliant climax to the end with music that crescendos at the most suitable parts and builds one of the hypest ways to end an episode and leave an impression on the viewer I've seen in years.
youtu.be/r4Um6okMHcE?t=2m43s

Genuinely asking, how is this in any way a bad reveal? If you have better I genuinely would like to see.

This thread proof that arguments don't work on /a. Instead of actually talking and discussing about a show we just attack others because they like something, which just distracts from the inital argument to talk about how shit a show and it's fandom is.

>/a
This thread is proof that there are newfags everywhere.

>newfags newfags newfags
Yes we get it, you fit in.

Congrats! Nothing you stated was substantial. Word of evidence using "fucking" at the beginning of every point doesn't put your point across. And you're not curious you just want to validate your bad tastes the fact that you can't even refute the first example proves this.

Are you retarded? The guy literally doesn't even know what the goddamn name of the board he's on is, of course he's a newfag.

No, this thread is proof battle shounen shit should be banned off Sup Forums.

I use "fucking" a lot because I tend to get excited talking about things I like, fair enough if it makes my point seem more amateurish, it's a bad habit anyway. How was nothing I said substantial? I thought my reasons were valid, if they aren't I'm happy to hear why they aren't.

Also, I asked for a clip and perhaps some context behind your first example, I've not seen the show admittedly so I wouldn't be able to recognise it. And even if I have "bad taste" I'd still be curious anyway to know what shows you think execute twists well. I'm a sucker for twists in shows to begin with.

>this thread is proof battle shounen shit should be banned off Sup Forums.
>14 unique posters + 1 guy arguing with himself
>represent the whole of Sup Forums

>1 guy arguing with himself
Feeling a bit paranoid there?

you right bro SNK do best
also boku no hero is for faggots

youtube.com/watch?v=ogcenbQ1WXE
There it is.

and SNK is impressive to people who only watched 4 anime.

>Superb animation
>Unique premise
>Brilliant soundtrack
Anyone who enjoys media would find the show impressive. You don't have to like it but to not understand the mass-appeal is pretty stupid.

KF episode 11 shut down pixiv and episode 12 was the first time anime got into world trending - beating even Spiderman Homecoming
So yeah, that's that

>I've not seen the show admittedly so I wouldn't be able to recognise it.
The state of Sup Forums.

> I'd still be curious anyway to know what shows you think execute twists well. I'm a sucker for twists in shows to begin with.
Asking for recommendations is a ban worthy offense , Mr. Newfag.

scene was great, but bnh episode overall was better

Season 1 picked up from the end of 4th ep onward,
it is well directed given the source material

>Popular = best, discussion over
Really activate my almonds. If anything, something being popular on Japan probably means its complete garbage

>>Superb animation
purple_bricks.gif
>>Unique premise
Unique means very little.

> Anyone who enjoys media would find the show impressive.
This is a dumb as fuck statement to make about anything.

> to not understand the mass-appeal is pretty stupid
Where did he say anything about that?

So all you can spout is "newfag" and "bad taste" without providing any reasons or any examples on what you feel is good? Posting a reaction pic doesn't really default automatically as a valid point, user.
How so? I've yet to watch the show entirely but having Yuta do that specific fight scene certainly makes it seem like a pretty great episode.

This episode was fucking amazing, unfortunately most people on Sup Forums suffer from cripling autism and are unable to disasociate the autistic generals to the show itself so they'll deny it and say its shit forever.

Oversight on some rubble does not negate the animation quality
something being popular on Japan probably means its complete garbage
You're not wrong

Our threads remain open 24/7 while BnHA, SnK, and Dragon Ball S were hunted down for being a nest of shitpostings

>cg shit is superb animation now
>unique premise
Oh god my sides. Humanity on the brink of extinction fighting monsters for their survival has been done to death. You could argue the execution is unique and even that's a stretch.

Akiba's Trip final episode was actually the best episode, but only true patricians will be able to understand this

>Thinking having constant shitty generals is something worth bragging about.

but the walls are monsters :^)

>which just distracts from the inital argument
There are no initial arguments. OP made no initial argument. "I like this episode because it is good" is not an argument.

Imagine being so cancer that you make this post and actually think it's a good argument. Your usage of "our" tells everything i need to know, you're just as bad as any of those other "nests of shitposting" you mentioned

>CGI shit
The only time the CGI is crap is for the horse scenes and for that one Colossal Titan scene.
And the animation is pretty much consistently above average in season 2, aside from like 2 episodes the quality was great.
sakugabooru.com/post/show/38383
sakugabooru.com/post/show/38382
Even the CGI colossal was somehow put to great use and made for one of the most dynamic scenes in the series.

Well, we survived the generals purge whereas SnK, GuP, Makoda, Witch Academia, Love Live, It's Time, and even DB didn't.

So yeah, it is worth bragging about

>talk no jutsu + light show + generic hype music

Wow it's almost like the premise you just mentioned can only actually describe the first few episodes and since then the series has evolved into something more and you're just oversimplifying it for the sake of your argument. You wouldn't do that would you?

Call the mods. I'm sure they would have us pruned just like your threads

>Bragging about having a cancerous general.
I mean, you can be happy that your festering heap is remaining uncleaned, good for you.
>Eromanga fag thinking they can judge anything.

>Talking shit about a legit good show while posting a pic of that moe incest trash
You're not even trying anymore.
OP asked for the best episodes of the year while posting the one he thinks it's the best.

If we are a general, why are we not pruned?

It won't even be the best episode of the series this year once we get to deku/kacchan vs ALL MIGHT

>Oversight on some rubble does not negate the animation quality
And neither does reused footage, bad CGI, people sliding across the screen, or anything else I could point out, I imagine?

Because the mods have abandoned us. Look, I'll admit I probably shouldn't pre-judge Kemono Friends from its cancerous fanbase and give the show a shot but you really aren't giving your generals a 'good rep' with this. Please be nice, senpai.

Who the fuck is "us"? What the fuck are "my threads"? I don't give a fuck about your shitty general or any other shitty general on this board, stop playing the victim and trying to set up a "us vs them" scenario you dumb faggot. I'm saying that your "argument" of "KF is popular so it's the best" is dumb, i'm not talking about you or whoever the fuck else you mean by "us" because nobody fucking cares you autist. Even worse than generals is this "fandom" mindset that came from tumblr and other shitholes, if you unironically think being a fan of something is important enough for you to use it as one of your defining characteristics you shoudl be banned from Sup Forums because you are fucking cancer.

>it's almost like the premise you just mentioned can only actually describe the first few episodes and since then the series has evolved into something more
Do you know what a premise is?

>a legit good show

>look ma, I did it again!

dunno man its been 7 years since I watched it you'd have to refresh my memoryor you have no argument

Then don't go calling your show the best when you can't even get to Trending

>an assertion or proposition which forms the basis for a work or theory.
"the fundamental premise of the report"
Yes, it means exactly what i said. Which is the point of my overly sarcastic post.

If you're a 12-year-old, perhaps that might be true.
Why are you on this website anyway?

>Then don't go calling your show the best when you can't even get to Trending
Also pretty much every episode of Heroaca trends on twitter after the episode airs while KF only started trending halfway through when horsefuckers discovered it

Are KFfags really this cancerous or is this falseflagging? cause fuck.

>People paint shounenfags solely as being the most immature people on the site.
>Yet all the people who had no arguments besides reaction pics are the ones who're calling shounen shit
Really jogs your noggin dont it?

The whole point is that popular doesn't mean good. Then again, you know this. I know you know this. You're shitposting and baiting. Congratulations, you managed to make me extremely mad. Hivemindposting like this should get you a permaban.

>And the animation is pretty much consistently above average in season 2

>Yes, it means exactly what i said. Which is the point of my overly sarcastic post.
I don't get your post, then. Why jump on for attacking the premise when he was just refuting what said about the premise being unique?

>KF episode 11 shut down pixiv
Wait what. How?

Not really. Go back to your shitposting generals, shounenbabby.

>BnH and SnK at first
I don't know what I expected, not like anyone but me and other 20 anons watch this, but no mention of this episode makes me sad.
It was such an incredible standalone episode that it makes the whole series worth it, could have been an OVA and it would have been easily praised by Sup Forums, all about it is top-tier.

Not even close to how far KF has gotten.

>KF episode 11 shut down pixiv and episode 12 was the first time anime got into world trending - beating even

>talk no jutsu
But he does not instantly get over it, talking just made him think and reflect, which made him lose the next match