People who say ll might is based on Superman

>people who say ll might is based on Superman
>when he's clearly based on Goku

Westerns are fucking idiots

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BokuNoHeroAcademia/comments/4d160k/the_real_horikoshi_preanime_interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Westerns are fucking idiots
>Westerns
Seems like they're not the only ones, OP.

>doesn't wear an ugly orange outfit
>doesn't take 6 weeks of nonstop grunting to power up to super saiyan 8.9

All Might is clearly based on a western superhero. gay faggits like naurto are based on Goku.

All Might whole thing "everything is alright because I am here" is the same as Goku, who made everything already by finally arriving.

The author said his favorite superheroes are Goku and Spiderman, so it makes sense the both main characters of his manga (All Might and Deku) are basically Goku and Spiderman.

Seems more like a mishmash of Superman and Captain America to me.

>Westerns are idiots
>Japs don't even know that Detroit is a city, not a state
W E W
E
W

He's a mash-up of a lot of western hero concepts.
Superman, Captain America and Captain Marvel are the most prominent ones.

Yeah, his "Symbol of Hope" and only super strength power is reminiscent of Captain America.
His USA city and state based attack name might be more non-subtle take or reference on being "Captain America"

I would like to read that interview where he said Goku is his favorite superheroes.
The one i found is the one that acknowledge that Spiderman is his favorite superheroes.
---
May I ask you what you really felt when you first heard that your work is going being animated?

Hori: I was really surprised. I remember it was decided when the serialization wasn't even a year old, so I felt kind of lost all of the sudden. It was a couple of days later when I finally had the realization that went something like "ah, this is great, I'm getting an anime".

When and where did you hear about the news of the anime announcement?

Hori: I don't remember it quite clearly now, I think it was when Vol 3 was about to come out. My editor mentioned it when he was talking about some other stuff. (Laughs) Every Friday we have a discussion, and I remember my editor was talking about the rankings when he said "Oh yeah, there's news about the anime."

What were the circumstances that gave birth to Boku no Hero Academia?

Hori: My second series was axed really quickly after such a short time of serialization, and I was pretty depressed about things. I didn't have the energy left to create new things in the manga medium. So, I decided to add happy things and happy events that I had drawn in my previous works into this new series. Before, I was really happy drawing the one shot My Hero, so I wanted to make that the foundation and create something new from it.

>A lot of people say that BnHA is similar to American comics So, Sensei, what heroes do you like and have you always enjoyed heroes from American comics?

Spider-man.(laughs) To me, when mentioning the title hero, he is the only hero that I think of, that defines the title. The concept of BnHA is built around that hero in mind, a hero to me is somebody that helps and brings reassurance to others. In Spiderman's case the first experience I had with this character was the movie, in which there were a lot of scenes with him rescuing people, which I felt that was really cool.

>From the start of the series till now, which parts of the story in BnHA do you personally enjoy?

Hori: I enjoy them all actually. I really melded my feelings into the characters when drawing Deku and Bakugou's battle training. Also I needed to get a strong hold on the reader's heart, as that part was the climax of that arc. I got a lot of positive reviews for that part too, which gave me some reassurance. Again, this reassurance, this is probably one of the parts that made the most impression on me. A hero to me is somebody that helps and brings reassurance to others.

>By putting your stories in a high school setting, do you think you are limiting yourself to other possible storylines you can do, akin to something from American comics?

Hori: It does feel that way isn’t it. (laughs) I’ve always love stories of how an individual hero came to be before they become real heroes themselves, which is why I pick a highschool setting, a place inspiring heroes can learn. But it does become a problem when trying to branch out the multitude of storylines.

>So like other manga in Shounen Jump; Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, whom fans are familiar of, are you open to an idea of a timeskip format at some point in your manga?

Hori: Of course, I actually have something mapped out in the future that may involve the students as a professional hero. I already thought of a possible title but everything isn’t set in stone yet so I may change if the circumstances call for it, it’s called Boku no Hero 2: The Electric Boogaloo. Like I said, I do find the idea of an origin stories very fascinating, but it’s not something that is going to be focused solely on. I also want to focus on their life as an adult at some point. I want to touch upon stories akin to something American superheroes does. Some of my favourite stories is when Peter Parker (Spider-man, if you don't know) accidentally caused Mary Jane to die, giving her cancer due to prolonged exposure to the radioactivity in his semen. When you’re an adult, even as a hero you are likely to be expose to something like Drugs, Alcohol and Sex. That's the kind of coming of age storyline I want to be able to tell in the future.

>Next are some questions about the anime. Midoriya Izuku's CV is Yamashita Daiki who also did the radio drama before. What were your impressions on hearing his voice?

Hori: Actually, I never really thought much about Izuku's voice, and when I heard it in the radio drama, I sort of naturally accepted it as: "Ah, so Izuku has that kind of voice", so it's hard for me to imagine somebody else other than Yamashita san doing Izuku's voice.

>What do you expect the most from the anime?

Hori: Definitely the action parts. Like how the characters will move. I've received comments like "the action parts are really hard to understand" for this series, and I think only the anime can really show the actions parts easily.

>Action is Bone's forte.

Hori: That's right. That's why I'm really looking forward to it...(laughs)

?And last of all, please give a message for all of your readers.

Hori: Getting my work animated is really something way too extravagant for me, so I will keep on working hard so that I won't be left behind in the dust by it, that's how much I'm looking forward to the anime... Thank you all for your support!

It's nice to see the loudmouthed American trope actually played as a legit good guy, rather than just a stupid asshole. The amount of engrish in this show alone is reason enough to watch sub instead of dub.

>Some of my favourite stories is when Peter Parker (Spider-man, if you don't know) accidentally caused Mary Jane to die, giving her cancer due to prolonged exposure to the radioactivity in his semen. When you’re an adult, even as a hero you are likely to be expose to something like Drugs, Alcohol and Sex. That's the kind of coming of age storyline I want to be able to tell in the future.

This is real?

>accidentally caused Mary Jane to die, giving her cancer due to prolonged exposure to the radioactivity in his semen

Japan's heroes tend to be slimmer (still retain the super strength regardless), and don't have such a manly jaw with Aryan features.

Yes. Spiderman: Reign

Yes and it's regarded as awful, but it is real.

According to quick google, Apparently its from SpiderMan: Reign storyline.

Spiderman has the privilege of having some of the worst comic stories of all time.

Although current day Marvel is giving him a run for his money with pretty much every franchise they have.

At least Unworthy Thor is pretty good.

Thanks for reminding me.

Original superman
>jumps high
>punches
>super strong
Just like All Might

So, how's All Might like Sun Wukong?

>Boku no Hero 2: The Electric Boogaloo
This line alone shatters all credibility of this supposed "interview"

Being Peter Parker is suffering. He's not allowed to have a happy life.

That's something that only matters to Americans though.

We must never forget anything done by Stormin Norman.
>That time he hired an actress to trick Peter into thinking Aunt May was dead.
>That time he infected Dr. Ock's love interest with a deadly disease for thinking there was to life than trying to beat Spider-man.

>burgerfats don't even know Virginia is a commonwealth, not a state.

Virginia is a writer, you dumbass

Call yourself whatever you want, dixieshit, we kicked your ass in a civil war to prove that you *are* a state.

Literally the only thing the South is good for is voting against gun control.

>when he's clearly based on Goku
Goku is based on Superman

>Superman
>goku
its clearly captain America he's base off of

And Superman is based on Nietsche

Yeah these concept pieces look real fucking Goku you twit.

Yes

wait

>That fucking long neck
Thank god Hori changed him.

>Posting parts of that interview that have been confirmed fake well over a year ago
Why do people do this knowing it's fake?
reddit.com/r/BokuNoHeroAcademia/comments/4d160k/the_real_horikoshi_preanime_interview/

>those wings
>that mask in the top right one
Yeah, definitely Captain America

While he shares a lot of traits with Goku, Captain America, and Superman, I prefer All Might to all of them. He's my favorite superhero.

Nah, it's a buff USA-themed Flash

>superman

its the tick, they has similiar humor and lousy nerd sidekick

and two antennas

that's why i asked about the "the interview" this guy says as that interview is the only one i found within 5 minute of google.

it's on youtube, the one he shows up with a mask

c'mon man

where does this "screaming power up" meme come from?
The only time goku does is for more than 3 seconds is when he went SS3. Is it a dub vs sub thing?

>implying Virginia is even considered a southern state anymore

kek, what stupid yanks. It's just an outgrowth of DC now.

apparently this is the real interview,
---
>May I ask you what you really felt when you first heard that your work is going being animated?

I was really surprised. I remember it was decided when the serialization wasn't even a year old, so I felt kind of lost all of the sudden. Then I hurriedly started telling my friends and family the news about my work getting animated, and they were all happy for me, which is the moment that I finally had the realization that went something like "ah, this is great, I'm getting an anime".

>When and where did you hear about the news of the anime announcement?

I don't remember it quite clearly now, I think it was when Vol 3 was about to come out. My editor mentioned it when he was talking about some other stuff. (Laughs) Every Friday we have a discussion, and I remember my editor was talking about the rankings when he said "Oh yeah, there's news about the anime."

>What were the circumstances that gave birth to My Hero Academia?

My second series was axed really quickly after such a short time of serialization, and I was pretty depressed about things. I didn't have the energy left to create new things in the manga medium, but I still needed to come up with one fast. So, I decided to add happy things and happy events that I had drawn in my previous works into this new series. Before, I was really happy drawing the one shot My Hero, so I wanted to make that the foundation and create something new from it. The stage my new series and My Hero is the same, so I decided to add a lot of the elements that have appeared in my previous works into it as well. From a certain point of view, this series is actually the accumulation of all my works from when I first started drawing.

>When you're drawing My Hero Academia, what are some things that you watch out for?

This series is the story of Izuku and All Might, and I plan to make their story the main focus of the plot line, and the "vertical axis" that runs through the main story. It's actually not a really glorious story at all, as All Might grows weaker every day and Izuku gets injured every now and then. Even the victories in the story for the protagonists aren't won straightforward and simple. If I keep drawing the story involving these two characters, I feel like the story would get darker and darker as time goes on. My own personality has the tendency to compel me to keep delving deeper and deeper into that. To avoid making the story too dark, I set up a "horizontal axis" to intersect the main story's "vertical axis", which is the "fun part", also known as the Quirks to the heroes of the story, or side character characteristics. With the "horizontal axis", it sort of mellows out the darker aspects of the "vertical axis", so "enjoying the horizontal axis" is something that I insist upon, which is something that I watch out for. If I can make myself happier while drawing, then the story would seem that much brighter.

>Is All Might the character in My Hero Academia that you like the most?

It would be wrong of me to say that I "like him the most", as All Might is an absolute within this series, so there is no choice for me as I have to like him. His words are all very cautious, so I have to go over them repeatedly to decide his lines, which costs a lot of effort. So even though I like this character, as I draw him I need to keep reminding myself that "this is important!". On the opposite end, Bakugou is somebody that I can relax to draw. I really like Otomo Katsuhiro sensei's, Akira, and within this series there is a character called Tetsuo who, even though he's a kid, is really strong. And he uses his power like a kid too. I really like that, so I decided to create a character like that in My Hero Academia, which is why mentally speaking, Bakugou is still like a child, though he has a really strong power. His way of fighting is also jumping and flying around, and when he actually fights he hollers and shouts. I'm really happy when I draw characters like that. However Bakugou's words are all really rude, which might make readers feel unpleasant, though personally I like him.

>From the start of the series till now, which parts of the story do you personally enjoy?

I enjoy them all actually. I really melded my feelings into the characters when drawing Izuku and Bakugou's battle training. Also I needed to get a strong hold on the reader's heart, as that part was the climax of that arc, so I really tried my best, which is something that I really like about it. I got a lot of positive reviews for that part too, which gave me some reassurance. Including this reassurance, this is probably one of the parts that made the most impression on me.

>From the start of the series till now, which parts of the story do you personally enjoy?

I enjoy them all actually. I really melded my feelings into the characters when drawing Izuku and Bakugou's battle training. Also I needed to get a strong hold on the reader's heart, as that part was the climax of that arc, so I really tried my best, which is something that I really like about it. I got a lot of positive reviews for that part too, which gave me some reassurance. Including this reassurance, this is probably one of the parts that made the most impression on me.

>Indeed, that scene included some of the heavier aspects of Izuku and Bakugou's relationship. And on the other side, Iida and Ochako were cheerfully having a conversation, which was a lot of fun to read. Is this the "vertical axis" and "horizontal axis" relationship you were talking about?

If there were only Izuku and Bakugou there, then sometimes things might turn out really scary, and Iida and Ochako can mediate their relationship by being their, slowly finding a balance point... that's what I was thinking when i drew the scene. I'm touched that you're able to see this.

>Sensei if you were to discover your own "quirk", what quirk do you think would be right for you?

I thought about that one already, and that is the "no need for sleep" quirk. (laughs)

>That's very much like the style of a mangaka. (laughs)

I often fall asleep without meaning to. And once I fall asleep I can't wake up... If I were to use this quirk then I would use it normally, and this quirk might make people not feel tired at all.

>What manga and anime did you enjoy as a child?

A manga that I enjoy is definitely Dragon Ball, and when I was young I always kept reading Dragon Ball. I kept reading the same volume. I think it was the place a little bit before the android, Cell, started the Cell Games? I don't know why, but I kept rereading this volume. In terms of anime, there were a lot of anime that was on TV at 6 PM. I really like Mashin Hero Wataru, rewatched that many times. I also dressed up as Zurugibe Shibaraku, which is a character from that show.

>Do you have any influences from Dragon Ball?

My impression that strong characters are packed with muscles is probably because of Dragon Ball's influence. I really like the body shape of Goku when he goes Super Saiyan, which might be where All Might's concept came from.

>A lot of people say that My Hero Academia is similar to American comics, have you always enjoyed heroes from American comics?

Yeah. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man was super impressive, and after watching that I started reading American comics from time to time and watching American hero movies. What I learned from them is that, American onomatopoeia and character lines are formatted differently from manga, which is something that i will keep in mind. When I read them I would notice : "Oh, so the sound effect of that fight is added here" . Other than that there are the darkness of the color black and the use of shades. Such as the balance of using full black, which I noticed when flipping through comics "Ah, so coloring this place black would have this kind of effect on the scene". Even though I haven't fully grasped the technique yet, I am still learning while I am working on my series.

>So, Sensei, what heroes do you like?

Probably have to be Goku and Spiderman. To me, when mentioning heroes, these two are the ones that I think of. In Goku's case, it's the reassurance that everything is going to be fine he brings when arriving. Such as, on Namek, Goku was getting healed, and his friends are all beaten badly. When Goku finally recovered and walked out of the healing machine, that reassurance right there is what I'm talking about. Something like "Ah, everything is going to be fine". When I first read it and saw it was really Goku who had arrived, I continued reading thinking the thought "gonna win". (laughs) That reassurance is something that all of the other characters don't have. I thought about it afterwards, and even though there are a variety of heroes, the hero model that is built up in my mind is built around the concept that the hero is somebody that brings reassurance. That's why I think a hero to me is somebody that helps and brings reassurance to others. In Spiderman's case the first experience I had with this character was the movie, in which there were a lot of scenes with him rescuing people, which I felt that was really cool. The moment he "saves somebody" is really awesome. Well, In Goku's case it's because he likes fighting that he fights so that's a bit different. (laughs) You can say that Spider-Man and Goku are two different aspects of being a hero.

Also, I recently watched the Anpanman movie. Anpanman is really cool, and even when Kabao kun was beaten badly by Baikinman's robot henchmen, when Anpanman arrives everything was okay. After Anpanman arrived, everybody's expression was something like "you're finally here". Everybody's mood shifted to become more positive when only Anpanman arrived. That's probably what it means to be a hero. Of course everybody has a different view on what it means to be a hero, and some people might say "heroes aren't supposed to be like that", though to me that's what being a hero means, and that's the aspect of heroism that I want to illustrate in My Hero Academia.

>Next are some questions about the anime. Midoriya Izuku's CV is Yamashita Daiki who also did the radio drama before. What were your impressions on hearing his voice?

Actually, I never really thought much about Izuku's voice, and when I heard it in the radio drama, I sort of naturally accepted it as: "Ah, so Izuku has that kind of voice", so it's hard for me to imagine somebody else other than Yamashita san doing Izuku's voice.

>You mentioned earlier that you really enjoy drawing Bakugou, what do you think of the voice of his CV Okamoto Nobuhiko?

Ah, if it's Katsuki, then his voice really captures the feeling the character. Like I said before, Katsuki is like Tetsuo from Akira, giving off characteristics of an antagonist, so he's really like a child, like a little kid...And Okamoto san's voice (even though me saying this won't sound good to Okamoto san) is like a child, the very naughty type. The way he speaks also gives off a very middle schooler type feeling. (laughs) Okamoto san really brings out Katsuki's characteristics, so this character belongs to Okamoto san and nobody else. Really fitting.

>How about Uraraka Ochako's CV, Sakura Ayane, and Iida Tenya's CV, Ishikawa Kaito?

Sakura Ayane san's Uraraka Ochako, is really cute. I'm really looking forward to her voice when she fights. About Ishikawa Kaito san's Iida, I actually have some things that I'm not sure about myself about Iida's character, and only after listening to his voice was I able to make a decision.

>What about All Might's CV Miyake Kenta san?

When I heard Miyake san's voice for All Might, It gave off a feeling that All Might is talking to Izuku while crouching down so that their eye levels are the same. All Might isn't towering above, and after thinking about it over again it really is that way. Only heard a little of Miyake san's All Might, and I feel that he's got a good handle of this feeling, so I like Miyake san's All Might.

>What were your feelings when you saw for your very first time the animated My Hero Academia?

When I saw the PV last year, I felt something like "this is awesome!". I can only say something normal people can say: "The characters are really moving". I was working when I watched the PV with my editor. Naturally I started grinning. Because I didn't want to be seen doing that by my editor, I kept my hand covered over my mouth. (laughs) Getting an anime is a dream I've always had for many years, and I'm really happy.

>What do you expect the most from the anime?

Definitely the action parts. Like how the characters will move. I've received comments like "the action parts are really hard to understand" for this series, and only the anime can really show the outrageous action parts easily and effectively, so I hope the anime crew is able to do a really good job, I'm looking forward to it.

>Action is Bone's forte.

That's right. That's why I'm really looking forward to it...(laughs)

>And last of all, please give a message for all of your readers.

Getting my work animated is really something way too extravagant for me, so I will keep on working hard so that I won't be left behind in the dust by it, that's how much I'm looking forward to the anime... My Hero Academia's anime will probably become something really awesome, so for the original series, I won't lose to the anime, will do my best to draw amazing stories with all my effort. Thank you all for your support!

Captain America films do surprisingly well in foreign markets despite the general stigma against USA in last decade or so.

There it is.
Seems like was right

Horikoshi made All Might thinking of Goku.

the dark shading on All Might is somewhat reminiscent of Mignola's work.

Dragon ball is basically influencing nearly every major shounen as the one wrote it now used to read dragon ball.

>Bakugou is inspired by Tetsuo for his using powerful ability in a way a kid do.

Which is ironic given that it's a parody of shonen

Why do you nerd always try to quantify everything with such broad assumptions? Are you really that simple minded?

Or just American comics in general from the standpoint of a Nip. As seen here:
>Other than that there are the darkness of the color black and the use of shades. Such as the balance of using full black, which I noticed when flipping through comics "Ah, so coloring this place black would have this kind of effect on the scene". Even though I haven't fully grasped the technique yet, I am still learning while I am working on my series

Yes

Parker couldn't fucking catch a break, could he?

Everyone is a fucking mongoloid.

>Why do you nerd always
nice generalization dude

Wait.

Does OfA make you look really buffed or is the training or because of years of using it? I mean All Might doesn't looked muscular when he was a student

You have to admit that Detroit Smash sound better than Michigan Smash though.

The buff form is just him flexing.

He's a far better Superman than any of Hack Snyder's lame attempts.

He's more of golden age Supes

OfA retains his muscular form that he had before the injury, its him flexing.

clearly a modified version of guy, ALL MIGHT GUY, I AM HERE TO SUPPORT YOUR YOUTH

Can't we all just get along?

he looks like trump to me

All might is based on being an "All-American Hero". Goku doesn't exactly fit the bill.

He is based off Superman, Cap America, and Cap Marvel. He is just your ordinary western style super hero. I honestly cannot see where you got Goku from.

Birb is a crow, not a Raven. No race mixing.

>Blonde hair
>American abilities
>American colors
>White features
?????????

They're both chuunis, it should be fine

That's because Captain America embodies the ideal that is Americanism. It's the sort of thing that made america respected to begin with.

Nigga his catchphrase is based off of Superman's catchphrase:
>Have no fear! Superman is here!
GTFOutta here with your weeb supremacy

News at 11.

Wasn't All Might based on One Punch Man?

>accidentally caused Mary Jane to die, giving her cancer due to prolonged exposure to the radioactivity in his semen
this can't be real
please be real

I think ofa makes you all buffed. After all, gran torino said "this kid might just transform" when he saw deku use full cowl the first time

If Deku transform to something similar like pic, I will lose my shit.

I doubt he will transform soon though. Might be after a time skip or something.

Why would ANYONE in the whole world give a shit about that?

Only burgers give a shit about their own damn country.

NOVA user HERE. THIS IS RED TEXT TRUE.

>he's clearly based on Goku
How does this "like goku"?
He's not a fucking monkey, for one.

It's even worse than you think

>That time he forced Flash to binge on alcohol so he would get into a car crash and go into a coma
>That time he bought a corner office facing the bridge where he killed Gwen just so he could savor the view

It hit me like a truck user

Honestly this is exactly what All Might's always reminded me of.

>This is only like the fourth or fifth worst thing to happen to Spider-Man
Why Marvel

Thats exactly what superman is in western comics you moron. The author of mha said goku and spiderman were his faves, and the creator or goku openly acknowledges he just a knock off of superman. He even retconned that goku was sent to the planet to destroy it so that itd be even more like superman.

Also Goku even has members of his race call him by his real name -kakkarot
Superman- Kal-el

Come on guys, the line is practically verbatim anyway.