youtu.be/_Y8VYyBRbFQ?t=51m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. child

maybe

jojo part 4

>no Endless Eight
>no Rebuilds

Endless eight

Endless Eight is there you stupid idiot, and Rebuilds aren't a timeloop.

Hello retard.

Donnie Darko you tasteless weebtards.
It's not even a contest.

Yuru Yuri

Divine Cybermancy

Dies irae

I love the way S;G "solved" its problem the most so I'm sticking with that.

/thread

Groundhog Day and Majora's Mask.

I dont know about the best, but i do see about 5 really terrible shows here. Timeloops are more often misses than hits.

Memento

Little Busters

*tips chinese hat*

Groundhog Day

Beautiful Dreamer.

Why are time loop stories almost always edgy? The only non-edgy ones there are Groundhog Day, Beautiful Dreamer and TGWLTT.

Groundhog Day and Majora's Mask.

Groundhog Day is THE time loop story. Every time loop I've watched afterwards feels like it's chasing in its footsteps. Majora's Mask takes what GhD did and realizes it on a larger scale, making a whole world out of it. 17 years later and no other game has even attempted to match what it did.

Timeloop wise, groundhog day. Overall Muv luv

>not Window of Opportunity
Fuck off with these threads

Time loops are scary to most people.

All You Need is Kill. Because it actually made Tom Cruise give a good performance and that is a miracle.

Haven't played Majora, fuck is it about?

Groundhog day desu, I rarely even watch shit that isn't anime, but it's such a comfy movie

my nigga

Time is scary
Even groundhog day gets dark

Tom Cruise was at the point where he was typecast as the hero who sacrifices himself to save the world. Edge of Tomorrow has Tom die repeatedly to the point where be breaks the mold and emerges as an evolved version of himself.

What's with the Index one? I only watched the Anime.

TACHIAGARE KEDAKAKU MAE

Because timeloops are infinity itself. It's the same stuff repeated over and over again, and doing such thing is a horrible strain on people's minds, like running around in a maze without seeing the exit. But you need to have a reason for people to experience such thing that could cost them their humanity, so you need to introduce a time limit, a sort of deadline. And a tragic one is the best, because people would otherwise quit rather than get any motivation to run in the maze.

A mischevious child of the forest steals a demonic mask from a Mask Salesman and gets semi-possessed by it, using its insane power to crash the moon itself into the earth. You have 3 days before the moon impacts the earth, and you have to gather 4 giants to hold it back. Three days isn't enough of course so you use the Song of Time to constantly warp back to the start of the first day.

What makes the game and its setting so good is how the world itself reacts to the moon. Some characters brush it off and say nothing will happen, others flee (futilely as it destroys the world) the city in hopes to escape the impact, others just accept it and spend time with their loved ones. Really magical game.

youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

Someone needs to add Mother of Learning to these things.

The muv luv one is probably the worst. The only reason it became a time loop story is because they couldn't finish the actual story in one game

When Zero no Maria gets adapted.

Primer

Sounds interesting. So they're not just showing the reaction of the MC's friends, but also, of the commoners?
Also, how does the gathering the giants thing work if you constantly return to the first day? Do you seek each one and write down their location so you can visit them as quickly as possible in a single run?

Haruhi for the time loop itself, I like HIgurashi more though

How? At least half of the story relies on the fact MC has knowledge and burden of the previous timeloop.

I can't bring myself to watch normal movies anymore, even though I'd like to say I've seen Groundhog Day

Someone needs to fill out the diner a little more

I loved this game so much. It's intemporal, really.
youtube.com/watch?v=fzqAT2qVFRs

So infinite is edgy?

youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

That doesn't mean they have to be edgy.

>And a tragic one is the best
I see now, you're an edgy fedora tipping kid.

Can we filter edgy to "cute" please?

God tier:
Beautiful Dreamer

High tier:
Groundhog Day
Shadow play
Utsuro no Hako
Donnie Darko

Good tier:
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Qualia the Purple
The Girl who Leapt Through Time
Tatami Galaxy
Majora's Mask

Ok tier:
All you need is Kill
Steins;Gate

Pleb tier:
Madoka Rebellion
Re:Zero

Complete garbage tier:
Endless Eight

Sup Forums had a looping thread a few years ago, that kept coming back every few months.

>inb4 what's any Sup Forums thread ever?

Go back to shitpost in the MiA threads.

When you think about it, yes, infinity is "edgy". It's immeasurable, too large for humanity to even grasp (have you even tried to think about how big Earth is, to really represent its size in your head? Now do the same with Jupiter, the Sun, the Solar System, the Milky Way, our local cluster, the observable universe? I think you got my point), too complex to understand, too unknown to actually even think about it.
Infinity is "edgy" because it has no end. It's a state of absolute stillness where what we know and use as reference lose their meaning because they are too small in comparison. Time? Laws? Emotions? None of that shit matters, and even laws of physics become distorted at some point.

If you really think about it, to think about infinity is a bit like gazing into the abyss.

Each giant gives you the power to wake them up when you meet them, so once you've found one it's just a matter of summoning them. What a lot of people don't know is that you can attempt to summon the giants before you get all 4 and a cutscene will play where they fail.

Another cool thing about the game is how you can change things too. There's an entire optional sidequest about a couple (Kafei and Anju) who are engaged to each other but Kafei was cursed into the body of a little boy and had his half of their marriage masks stolen (sun and moon masks).

If you do nothing, Anju's grandmother convinces her that her fiance has eloped with another women and she flees the city into the countryside to take refuge with her friend at her farm (seen here )
If you go far enough into the quest, Kafei gives you a pendant to show Anju that he's still devoted but desperately trying to undo the curse and tack down his sun mask from a thief. After this, Anju will not flee the city and instead wait at the inn for him.
If you fail Kafei's quest afterwards, they die in the impact separated
If you complete the quest, they reunite at Anju's inn mere minutes before the impact and exchange masks. They thank you and say they'll stay there but that you should flee.

youtube.com/watch?v=R3J373kd60A&t=50s

How can other time loops even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=hwmTCIHPRsM

youtube.com/watch?v=a4_jcjOELSA

youtube.com/watch?v=g_B_jnaYJdI

Nobody asked for every last detail you stupid Sup Forums idiot.

that's depressing
guess I'll play it soon

Well I gave it to you anyway you fucking faggot. It's a time loop thread if you wanted to just vaguely shitpost go find a general.

Don't listen to faggots like Elaborating is always better than one line shitposts.

All the girls I knew back in the day were obsessed with this movie, especially the goths.

The writing behind the summoning of the giants sounds a bit iffy - are you supposed to turn off your brain and just accept that contracts last through time?
At any rate, that sounds really good for a videogame. I don't really play games, especially in recent times (I've heard that Majora is popular, but never really played it) - I might consider playing this one.

I Liked Steins;Gate (The VN is better) the most. Foreshadowing is a nice thing to have. Mostly I just like it when time loop stories don't just randomly change rules FUCKING STEINS;GATE 0 AAAAAAARGH

The MC is bland (it's Link after all) in order to have you experience the whole thing by yourself, but you can also feel him evolve during some key points. After all, his reason for going on a trip is to find a true friend, and he gets to experience several roles through the various stories with the NPCs. For example, he gets to become a son, a tribe chief, and even a lover during some parts of the game.
And of course, there are particularly powerful side quests, like the Romani Ranch or the Anju quest.
It's the tragedy of the story that's really interesting and beautiful. Each environnement depicts a stage of grief at a time, becoming more and more desolate as time goes by. I won't be like this idiot and tell you every little thing because it's useless. Just play it.

>His reason for going on the trip is to find his true friend
> he not only fails at finding them he also dies in irrelevance and nobody even remembers the fact that he saved the world twice
Being Hero of Time is suffering.

>try to change the future and save humanity
>things around you are starting to change, be confident
>suddenly, enemies show up in real life for the first time
>lose it, shoot them with paint, almost die, pee yourself
>then this happens

thanks timeloops I guess?

Jesus. This webm scares the bejeezus out of me every time.

Jesus what the fuck.
>Expecting Re:Zero type speech
>Get cut by sudden edge
ow

Time loop OST thread? You can't beat the best, it built up the atmosphere perfectly:

a.pomf.cat/qftlvy.flac

a.pomf.cat/anurqd.flac

a.pomf.cat/yqjqeb.flac

youtube.com/watch?v=w5JICa_ZxBk :^)

STRIKE UP, THE MUSIC, THE BAND HAS BEGUN

BOM BOM BOM BOM

the one where the witches do the thing

Always liked this one scene where they talk about the loop with youtu.be/_Y8VYyBRbFQ?t=51m1s or something similar in the background

And to think this was a rush job to get more milleage out of OoT's assets.

That wasn't really time loop though, its been a while since I watched it but wasn't it just backwards?

I'm hoping they recognize MM's success and do the same shit with Breath of the Wild. Take the assets and use them to make a smaller but more strange game with some interesting mechanic at its core.

Is Majora the most dangerous thing Hyrule has ever faced? Even Ganon at his very worst doesn't try and just destroy the entire planet. Majora is some sort of eldritch fuck that destroys the planet for a laugh.

So do they still hold the record?

>"This is one time where Television truly fails to capture the excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

Sup Forums, without a doubt. I want to get off this ride.

user, you already shifted us into another timeline in your attempts to escape. you even managed to get rid of moot in a vain attempt to destroy it. I think you should know by now
T H E R I D E N E V E R E N D S

Nice.

Is she okay?

It's at least partially nostalgia but I really love majora's time loops.
Groundhog day is really good as well.
for anime I'd probably say stein;s gate, though that was a bit less focused on the looping aspect and more on the what they could change via time travel aspect

not really
and twice

The manga had pretty sweet extra chapter about the origin of majora.
In some place before time there's a powerful beast that kills people but it is bored. A man show up with a drum, he makes a deal with the beast, starts drumming, creates time, the beast start dancing. Eventually the beast drops dead of exhaustion. The man then carves the beast's shell into a mask to seal it's powers within.

Now that you mention it something feels very familiar about this thread.

Tatami Galaxy, it hit very close to home with the same issue I have been dealing with for these last 5 years

Higurashi is my personal favourite.

This
It's my favorite movie i don't care if it gets made fun of

NT9 where Touma is stuck suffering for hundreds of billions of years at least by Othinus in order to break him mentally.

And it isn't even the best Zelda game

>Creating a mask of what is essentially Chaos
Happy Mask Salesman is an absolute madman

Ready for another thread of overrating the fuck out of Groundhog Day, when it lacks any emotional impact.

Re:Zero is the absolute rock bottom by the way.

Kagetsu Tohya.

Good taste. Highly underrated.

The Dark Tower series
fite me

Obviously Endless Eight, it's the best arc in the whole history of anime.

>can't kill eldritch abomination
>trap it in a time loop