He was kind to me

>He was kind to me

>He asked if it was ok to call me -chan

>americans are so sexually screwed up they think kindness is a negative

You didn't get it.

You missed the point. Falling for someone because they're kind to you is sad since you're basically falling for someone that showed you basic human decency. Kindness can be a factor, but it definitely shouldn't be the only reason.

>MC-kun lent me his rubber several years ago and now I crave his dick

>Falling for someone because they're kind to you is sad since you're basically falling for someone that showed you basic human decency.
Well, that could work in many scenarios. I guess I can see some where it couldn't, but I'm not keen on writing off the whole trope.

>that could work in many scenarios
Yes, it could, but so many times it's used in scenarios where the girls are popular already and everyone is kind to them so the MC being kind shouldn't stand out at all.

It's not even about shoulds and shouldn'ts.
The problem it that people who self-insert as bland harem MCs will want to believe that all girls are obliged to crave their dick just because they bother to show basic human decency once in a while.

>>The problem it that people who self-insert as bland harem MCs will want to believe that all girls are obliged to crave their dick just because they bother to show basic human decency once in a while.
I'd much rather that then American-style "I'll act smug and aloof until you're mindbroken into loving me".

I was talking about the sense of entitlement. It doesn't matter what it stems from.

It would only work in scenarios that have life-and-death situations, like teenagers trying to survive in a concentration camp or in dystopian settings.

>I can't marry anymore

Why? Both are cancerous, but at least the
>I'll act smug and aloof until you're mindbroken into loving me
attitude doesn't have so much hypocrisy to it.

>he kept trying to jump the highjump and failing over and over
>that's when I knew I loved him

>He was mean to me
Is this really any better

>he's a space psycho conqueror and wants me to gas colonies for him
>why would that- oh shit I'm in a Tomino series

Yes.

Man, Nanako really gets it bad.

I dunno, I'd prefer the one that carries positive connotations. At least being nice to someone is something every relationship should begin with... right?

Not all people are nice but all people need to get laid. Some would prefer honesty.