Has anyone else realized that nothing exciting ever really happens in this show?

Has anyone else realized that nothing exciting ever really happens in this show?
The entire show depends on its HYPE about what's going to happen soon, but nothing ever happens.
>Zoro vs Fujitora HYPE
>Sabo vs Fujitora HYPE
>We're gonna see Dragon's power soon i swear it's been 800 episodes after all, hype

>show

you already fucked up OP.

>Watching One Piece for its climactic battles between admirals and other high level characters when that was only a thing in the Marineford arc.
>Watching the anime adaption period when its been garbage since the war saga.

Fujitora rapes both of those opponents no problem.

Top Tier characters won't show their full power seriously until the final arc when the protagonists can actually challenge them. It's like Beerus showing up in the middle of Namek and expecting him to use more than a tiny fraction of his power.

are you saying I should read the manga?

Pretty much. Reading this arc was painful, it dragged on too long and Oda kept pulling the same shit
>OH SHIT ITS HAPPENING!
>cuts off the moment before something actually happens
>stuff happens offscreen and the confrontation is skipped

Ussop got defeated offscreen. Frankly got defeated offscreen. Luffy FINALLY makes it to Doffys palace and then he gets tossed to the bottom and has to run up 5 levels again.

>wasting time on a battle shonen where fights are cartoony shit, with harmless hits and no injuries

There's a reason a group edits every arc down to just the scenes in the manga. The show is padded to hell and back. Every arc requires a gauntlet to the big bad and wouldn't you know it Luffy gets sidetracked or stuck under a rock somehow for like 25 episodes. Also there needs to be 5 minutes of people running from collapsing buildings every episode.

The show is much better watching complete arcs and skipping all the bullshit

are you talking about one pace? I started to watch there after the timeskip and it still was too painful to finish fishman island

Unfortunately One Pace can't fix shit animation and directing. Just the pacing.

The colored manga is honestly the best compromise for people who enjoyed the anime but struggle to jump onto weekly scans, though that hasn't been translated in ages.

I actually don't think the SHs will ever be able to beat Admirals and Yonkous in one-on-one combat. The current arc sort of already hints at it. Big Mom is such a monster that even post-timeskip Luffy using his new gear is unable to even scratch her. I'll admit this is still not endgame Luffy. But even then, I still don't see Luffy beating down Yonkous and Admirals on his own. If he beats Kaidou, it'll be a team effort with his crew, the Supernova allies, the samurai, the Minks and maybe Marco. I wager it'll be the same for the Admirals..

>If he beats Kaidou, it'll be a team effort with his crew, the Supernova allies, the samurai, the Minks and maybe Marco.
Luffy will defeat Kaido thanks to Moria with Nightmare Luffy 2.0: Gear Fourth Edition.
Nightmare Luffy was one hell of a power up. It severely wounded Oars and Moria who were around Yonkou Commander tier.

>I actually don't think the SHs will ever be able to beat Admirals and Yonkous in one-on-one combat.

one piece is a shounen and every shounen always has the newest generation surpassing the old one

not to mention it would be weird as fuck for luffys growth to just sto

I think people overrate the Emperors.
The gap between Luffy and Crocodile in Baroque Works wasn't much different than the gap between him and Kaidou. When he hits that wall he'll overcome it, with some help and luck.

I think that the long wait for them has made the fans exaggerate how unstoppable they are. They did the same thing with Doflamingo, who was just a battle of endurance for Luffy in the end.

you are retarded, luffy & have one of the biggest KO ratios in the entire shounen world, sanji alone, who is considered a "jobber" has probably beat more people than the main character of any other shonen, just out of my head, kurobi, the ramen guy, the fatzo from skypeia, mr.2, groggy brothers, a trillion random marines and pirates, a giant cocodrile, a fuckton of government agents in a train, a giant fishman, etc.

not to mention, its not only FIGHTS that happen, most arcs feature natural disasters like tsunamis, fantasy clouds, giant bombs, food transformation, technology building, island obliteration by marine ships, fabulous cooking, chopper's doctorin' on giant deformed children, weather manipulation, ruins and geology exploration, music playing (that can destroy things) underground trading of slaves, mutant fruit fabrication (smile), poison bombs nearly making a mink race extinct, a giant elephant, a sea train building, a orison break, an amazoness falling in love, doll transformation etc.

you are retarded if in your face the only thing that matters is "that admiral fighting that one guy".

>The gap between Luffy and Crocodile in Baroque Works wasn't much different than the gap between him and Kaidou
But unlike Crocodile, Kaido doesn't have an easy to exploit weakness.

please, what character in OP doesn't have a weakness?

Kaido.

he will probably gave the dumbest weakness ever

Then he would be already dead.

what about zeno-sama showing up during the ningen saga and destroying trunks' entire multiverse?

>every shounen always has the newest generation surpassing the old one
but would Sasuke be able to defeat Uchiha Madara?