Debating General

How do you win a debate IRL and online?

>Strategies
>Methods
>Rhetoric

How do you know you are ready to debate about a topic?
How do you react when they change the subject?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q79yQquKq7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>figure out a principle to get behind
>derive everything according to principle
>argue against other people's principles
There.

I should have added this:
How do convince or debate a leftie.
Their arguments are based around emotions and most journalist/newspaper validate their position around topics. Knowing their arguments is easy, getting counterarguments are easy to get, too BUT having arguments they accept or understand is another point.

It depends on how hell bent on defending certain things the person you are debating against is. If it's a center-leftie, which are some of the few more rational lefties, the best thing you can do is show how practical solutions are better than urgent solutions, especially the long-term ones. It helps to cite real world examples.

Usually radical lefties don't care about pragmatism or logical argumentation, they just move goal posts until they have enough self-validation to hit someone with a bike lock or pepper spray.

>How do convince or debate a leftie.
My first bit of advice is that you should not debate leftists because it's nearly impossible to win.
If you feel you MUST debate them then stick to the facts.
Watch ben shapiro
inb4 kike
youtu.be/Q79yQquKq7M

With people who are more centrist or don’t care too much for debating, you can do what I call “feigning neutrality”. Introduce an idea to them, but do so from a neutral standpoint. For example, say “Hey I watched this video from a guy called The Alternative Hypothesis and it says that colonialism did not make Africa poor. I don’t know what to think of it but I feel like he makes some good points. Can you watch it and tell me what you think?” If they perceive you as being argumentative they won’t be as willing to see your point of view and will instantly become defensive.

Only debate them if you gain something from it or there are people observing the debate that can gain knowledge from you. Call them out for shaming language and buzzwords. I would recommend watching Alt Hype’s vid called “Racism is a Bogus Concept” to understand why using words like “racist” is a tactic to make people not want to listen to what you have to say. If they can call you a racist, then they’ve put you in a box where they don’t have to listen to you because that label means you’re morally beneath them in their eyes.

>IRL
with a weapon
>online
with Jewish DNA

Cold hard irrefutable facts. That's the only way to win a debate. If someone disagrees with facts, they are delusional. Facts, however are open to interpretation, and sources are open to challenge.

This was actually something I was about to type.
You need to now their buzzwords.
This is a quiet modern tactic in non-english languages where they use the english word and make it more native.
No one going to now what a misogynist is in my country, they can give a strange definition and use their buzzword while you
would be able to defend the real word behind it and what it really is.

>That's the only way to win a debate
No it isn't you fucking absolute faggot.

you rip apart the liberals rhetoric and they will have no facts to argue with. if you show you can eat their insults, they will run.

Well it serves a double purpose.

First they call you names to box you in.
But its also used to waste your time.
People get called "racist" or "misogynist" or whatever, and get all flustered and then spend the rest of the debate trying to prove how not racist they are, instead of proving the original point.

Lesson: don't get boxed in.

How do you win a debate IRL and online?
That depends on who you are, what you are trying to achieve and who your audience is.
Take the Sargon vs Spencer debate. Sargon made mistakes, he went in waaay to hot and embarrassed himself a little. Sargon did get Spencer to reveal his vision of the utopian state, of a genetic right to rule and warrior elites class defending the white race, basically a white race monarchy of some sort... However, Spencer said to Sargon "you are not as smart as you think you are" and in some peoples eyes that makes Spencer the overall winner.
As long as you are mindful of who you are trying to appeal too, because some differences are not reconcilable so debate is pointless, you can get the attention you want fairly simply. Have you ever heard a politician just say words with no real meaning; like "we must bring our diverse groups in to one voice raising the awareness of important issues"... You know words that sound important but have absolutely no substance at all, that politician is doing what I'm describing. Listen to them talk in meetings, compared that to parliament, then compare that to public; each is different.

The reason arguing in person is useless is because it always descends into ad-hominem attacks or violent threats when attempts to emotionally blackmail you fail.

It's almost like autism is a shield to protect you from it and lean instead on raw logic and rational self-interest.

That's why normies hate this board.

Be right.
Tell truth.

Usually I get picked out of places by the people thinking I am either a nerd or a CIA spook. So when I say something they believe me.

Has an encounter with a chick who said “white people dont have culture”

She ended up saying she regretted stating that after maybe 2 hours. Most of the time my friend ateempted (in vain) to convince her and it just devolved into ad hominins.

1. Define your terms “what is culture”
2. How is it that white people dont have it.
3. Be patient and give examples in this case it was “who is Clint Eastwood” “what type of films did he star in” “would western films be considered n aspect of culture”
4 watch as comprehension dawns in her dim eyes
5. Explain that what she’s referring to is a counter culture not associated with whites. Whites culture therefore is necessary for her argument to be valid in the first place
6. Nothing changes she may have lost the battle but the war is far from over.

I’m not a crazy intellectual but I think if you do understand something well you should be able to explain it well enough to a 7 year old (think of any sales experience if you have some). People do have infantile beliefs. It’s not wrong of them but if you don’t stop to their level then you cannot communicate.

Don't take the thing too seriously, you have to find the sweet spot between ironic and serious, use facts and logic but don't hesitate to take a jab directly at your oponent. There's nothing more enraging than trying to reason with someone that thinks the whole thing is a joke and if they lose their composure you win.

Remember that you are not trying to convince your oponent but the people watching. Basically you have to put up a good show with subtle redpills.

If you're debating a low-information buzzword spouting retard then the easiest way is to question definitions of words, why it's an issue, what would be a proposed solution, etc. These types of people are just parroting talking points they read off of social media/heard from friends and any sort of questioning about their beliefs show quickly how little they know. Since debates are often about convincing the audience and not the other person, you can make them argue against their own point by showing how little they actually believe/care about it.

this is good advice. although i would say never attack your opponent directly (even if they are directly attacking you) but rather discern what issue/cause/whatever they are extremely passionate about and proceed to ruthlessly mock it.

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions. 1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society). 2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power). 3)It determines what is held sacred in that society. For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions. 1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII. 2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on. 3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust. The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative. Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction. Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story. Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity. Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
> Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.

I gish gallop people into submission.

>If you are trying to explain something simple which only makes sense to you, use 500$ words and use them in a random pattern, trick your opponent into thinking he is not educated and you will win every debate.

This is debating.

Only debate a leftist if it is a woman you want to fuck.

Otherwise it is pointless. Leftwing ideology is in no way logically coherent. The only solution is the helicopter.

Lol. Are you such a faggot that you need to ask the internet on how to win an argument. Read a book you stupid nigger.

Just scream louder than the other person. No one enters a debate looking to learn something, they enter a debate to be right and make other people wrong. Therefore, the only way to "win" is to be farther up your own ass than your opponent is. And audience slightly shifts the goal to "be farther up your own ass than your opponent while making it look like your opponent is farther up his own ass than you."
If you want actual thoughts and ideas to be exchanged instead of petty attempts at trickery, talk to someone who wants a discussion, not a debate.

You don't

Learn your logical fallacies.

Do like pic related suggests. The only way to win a debate is to avoid it.