BREAKING MARYLAND BANS ASSULT RIFLES

revolutionradio.org/2018/02/27/federal-court-quietly-rules-assault-rifles-not-protected-by-2nd-amendment/

>The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that the Second Amendment does not provide protection for what it deemed assault weapons, nor does it protect any magazine larger than 10 rounds.

>Annapolis, MD — While Americans watched the 2018 Olympics and mainstream media put on scripted town hall meetings to demonize law-abiding citizens who own guns, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia handed down a blow to the Second Amendment.

>In a 10-4 ruling, the federal court ruled that the state of Maryland’s ban on 45 different “assault” weapons and its 10-round limit for magazines was not a violation of the citizens’ constitutional rights. The ruling was not without harsh dissent, however.

>“Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protections to weapons of war,” Judge Robert King wrote for the court, adding that the Supreme Court’s decision in District of Columbia v. Heller explicitly excluded such coverage, according to NBC.

baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/02/26/cummings-bill-banning-assault-weapons/

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106
reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-guncontrol/u-s-top-court-spurns-challenge-to-maryland-assault-weapons-ban-idUSKBN1DR1SE
jclass.umd.edu/652352/2013fall0401/Simpson/MDGunLaw/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of_the_Bill_of_Rights#Amendment_II
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/242
youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really makes me think

>weapons of war
The 2nd amendment was written for handheld weapons of war.

not surprising. leftist ruled judges. this strategy has been tried since california etc. its about getting it heard by the supreme court, which always refused to hear the cases because it was cucked. now we own the supreme court.

also, the leftists wont mind if we ban them from viewing reddit, since the founding fathers wrote on printing presses and never envisoned such leftist faggotry being posted and viewed so quickly

good

hasn't this been done before in other states and then been overturned by supreme court?

Time for Trump to defend the Constitution, and have that judge executed.

2A was written to cover every single weapon that the state had access to. Period. Full stop. The idea that this is "for hunting" is a shitty meme. Guns are a right to overthrow a tyrannical government.

>we have no power to extend Second Amendment protections to weapons of war
>weapons of war
This is some high level doublethink here.

no, the supreme court has always deferred back down to the lower courts because it was stacked with pussies who didnt want to see assault weapon bans disappear in cuck states

Watch Trump do fucking nothing. In fact, he'll probably nominate more kikes to federal courts.

also war ships, artillery, and explosives

of course, it's the logical endgame of libshit judges taught that the constitution is a poem that can be interpreted whatever way you want

Checked and this. /cecil/ reporting in. Pls kill me.

this works out in our favor, the timing of this case was purposefully planned

Also then states like California simply throw out and ignore SCOTUS rulings they don't like and then no one does anything about it.

This.
Maryland anons need to kill their politicians. Especially that "judge".

Such as?

Fuck me, and I literally just into guns last week, went shooting for hours for the first time and wanted to pick up a gun for my house. The guy there already said you can’t buy a mag larger than 10 in Maryland although you can own them.
I hope they don’t ban rifles because I wanted to get one

SHALL.

NOT

OWN ASSAULT RIFLES

Checked

BE

GOD FUCKING FUCK IM STILL IN HIGHSCHOOL
IS IT POSSIBLE TO FUCK OFF WEST AS SOON AS I GRADUATE

Stay outta Wyoming fuckers.
>we're full

INFRINGED.

Supreme court will kill the fuck out of it like always

fucking christ fake news man
all those blogs are doing is reposting some idiots thread who posted here a few hours ago
the article you want where all the stuff is plagarized from is here
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106
note the case occured in 2017, not 2018. this was a major blow in 2017 to the democrats, because trump had just been put in office. the Democrats set this exact case up to go to the SCOTUS, and then hilliary's pick would have KILLED DC v Heller for the next 40 years. YOU HAVE NO IDEA THE BULLET THAT WAS DODGED WITH HILLARY NOT GETTING HER PICK.
this case would have ended gun rights across the country overnight.

by the way, the only new developments with this case is that a month or so ago, the Supreme Court refused certiorari. so Maryland is stuck with shitty gun laws, but the SCOTUS is not going to intervene with state gun matters until there is a significant circuit split.

I'm sure all the niggers in Baltimore will obey this law

True, Sessions is still employed.

>5 minutes later still no reply
lol

No it won't. The SC has been refusing to hear gun cases, even one as simple as striking down California's 10 day waiting period for existing gun owners. Judge Thompson was angry and wrote that the SC seems to have a bias against the Second Amendment.

The SC refuses to hear almost every case related to the 2A

*Judge Thomas I meant.

this man knows

This

Also, me and a friend got detained for 20 minutes yesterday for shooting an AR with a bump stock. Two sheriff deputies came up before we had been through 3 mags.

stupid amerifats

Even with Gorsuch on there now?

arms really means any ordnance or weapon

Maryland was the reason assault rifles were invented in the first place

This. Trump hasn’t been our side since day 1.

How do we turn this back on them lads?

How do we start punching back?

All this is going to lead to is more people going into VA to attend gun shows and increasing the number of unregistered guns in the state. Just like it did last time when they made acquiring an AR a nightmare and limited them to HBARs at that.

So what was the precedent cited by the Court for upholding a ban on firearm peripherals like barrel shrouds? I'm assuming they subjected the law to intermediate Constitutional scrutiny at minimum so I am also curious what government interest such a ban represents.

This was done in 2013

reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-guncontrol/u-s-top-court-spurns-challenge-to-maryland-assault-weapons-ban-idUSKBN1DR1SE

they refuse to rule on the issue. "assault" weapon ban cases have been rejected by the supreme court for years. namely because they know acknowledging the bans are unconstitutional would force them to repeal the 1968 GCA and 1934 NFA and then full autos and suppressors would be legal again

This is one they won't be able to ignore - we're not talking about a case of a state instituting a waiting period or more extensive background checks, the state literally banned legal ownership of an entire, vaguely defined class of weapons.

This will absolutely illicit a SCOTUS response

also, and this is YUGE, the "precedent" anti-gunners use to justify infringing the second amendment waa US v. Miller, which literally said:
the second amendment ONLY protects weapons of war
!!!

jclass.umd.edu/652352/2013fall0401/Simpson/MDGunLaw/index.html
Here is more info
Still breaking...from 2013

Guns are a god given right that the government shall not infringe

Unironically this. That's literally what 2A is for.

you're a fucking AMERICAN
GUNS ARE YOUR BIRTHRIGHT

prince george's county should be fucking nuked along with baltimore. absolutely disgraceful seeing veterans voting for hillary. fucking cucks

Here’s a tidbit that is often , and sadly overlooked. All caps
SAWN OFF SHOTGUNS WERE DEEMED ILLEGAL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT A WEAPON OF WAR, ie the weapons protected under the 2nd.

HOGAN! HOGAN!

He's /OUR/ MAN!

If he can't do it, NO ONE CAN.

Literally. He's our only hope of not turning this state into California or worse. Sigh. At least we have delicious crabs. :P

Well then good thing the term Assault Weapon is not real and that the AR 15 is not an Assault rifle

>we have no power to extend Second Amendment protections to weapons of war

Weapons of war are what the Second Amendment means, not to mention nearly all firearms were made for war to begin with.

Bolt and lever guns were originally (and still are with the former) for war.

they've been working their way towards it.
still, i wouldnt mind if rbg quit/died asap

How does this not conflict with District of Columbia v. Heller? It seems like there is already legal precedent on this.

that this story occured in 2018 is entirely false. this is typical clickbait shit.

another interesting thing about the maryland decision... the case it is based off was the consildation of 3 or so cases regarding the maryland law. essentially, people who lived in shitty neighborhoods who were broken in to and had military backgrounds wanted to buy an ar 15, but this law blocked them. they claimed unconstitutional, and lost in the district court. in the circuit court, plaintiffs' won and the court ordered the maryland law unconstitutional. the State immediately moved for an en banc hearing which was granted and was hear in late 2016 when the campaign was still rolling. Decision came down AFTER the election.

these things take time. they had cued the decision up for an immediate challange to the SCOTUS as soon as hillary got her pick in. people who dont know how the courts work dont understand what could have happened if this case made it to the SCOTUS with her fresh pick on the bench. remember, hillary went around the top democrat circles and said the SCOTUS in DC v Heller was wrong. She wanted it gone as soon as possible.

That's why "muh Constitution" isn't enough. You have to argue about the interpretation of it, which means going on the offensive and not simply stating defensively over and over again what the Constitution (document) has as it text. When are 2nd amendment types going to argue for less restrictions? Do they know how?

They'd rather respectably play defense and that makes winning impossible.

Watching the value of my rifles climb higher every day. thanks hogg

hhuge if true

>The 2nd amendment was written for handheld weapons of war
Try everything silly

good. next take away all guns. by lethal force if necessary

again, this is fake news because its an old story. but if I recall the full opinion issued in 2017, they found it a valid exercise of the powers enumerated in the Maryland State Constitution. Maryland has no right to bear arms in its State Constiution. Its one of like 6 states "lackin"

bait

Marylander here. This is nothing new. The law passed in 2013 and has been in effect ever since. This is just a ruling on one of the legal challenges that's been going ever since.

Maryland is attempting, once again, to ban everything they can think of, but it it currently still legal to won 10+ round magazines in Maryland and it is legal to own an AR-15 that was registered prior to the 2013 ban and it is still legal to buy an HBAR AR-13 here.

The major gun ban battle in Maryland right now is that they're trying to ban POSSESSION of 10+ round magazines, which would make everyone who owns one a criminal through inaction (ie by not destroying what they already legally owned).

mfw I live in this shit stain state. I can't wait to move back down south. Fuck this place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of_the_Bill_of_Rights#Amendment_II

Bill of Rights applies to states

why do we even have circuit courts if what they do is illegal shit like this?

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/242

Deprivation of rights under color of law.

Sue them to death.

Im still in senior year of highschool, I want out as soon as possible, im not sure if my mind can stand living in this shithole state in this shithole family

good god, almost a percent a year. The kikes are fucking brazen, I'll give them that.

>pass "assault rifle" ban despite them being illegal already
>gun crime numbers wont change because people don't use rifles for crimes, they use handguns
>keep lumping all suicides into crime numbers

Why is the gungrabber position so weak they need to constantly lie and twist facts around?

subject to the interpretation of the courts, sure. 4th circuit covers maryland. they say this is a permissible restriction of the 2A under the maryland const.

Ledos is maryland based? never had em but i guess i learned something new

Time to hunt

youtu.be/mkuRqZ-SssI

They don't care about facts, they care about disarming the population.

Thank Christ.

>Bolt and lever guns were originally (and still are with the former) for war.

Guess they'll have to ban those too. Nobody needs a bolt action rifle capable of sniping a kid from 1,000 yards.

Notice how natives have stayed consistent while "diversity" has in creased aka yt coming down.

These mother fuckers are legislating themselves out of a job when the government eventually collapses from their corruption.

And the 10 round magazine complete ban seems to be dead as well.

>Look at this nice safe place full of whites! There is no crime! Why would anyone need a gun?

>Gets rid of guns

>Government imports a slave class of shitskins to outbreed us and reduces the native population to literal subhumans.

Another huge loss for white men--to the absolute non-surprise of everyone. This is what you all get. Not because of your racism or the shit the left always throws at you--this is the result of you abdicating all of your positions of power and fleeing powerful institutions and industries in search of low-risk, comfy, bullshit, zero-power, trades and blue collar jobs. White men belong in control of colleges with the very best educations leading from the head of Fortune 1000 companies.

I mean seriously, how stupid are all white men? How exactly did you intend to maintain control of your countries as plumbers and welders? Your guns were your last line of defense and even those are now being taken. I expect we'll all be in full genocide mode here by 2025. Trump is only one guy and he alone can't save us. Future you chose.

They tried banning 10+ round mag possession in California and a judge in the state struck it down, so you have a chance.

I love this meme but I wish it wasn't shilling for Ledo's. Ledo's is just okay flaky pie crust pizza. Rofo chicken box would be a better representative.

Hi faggot.

geez, maryland is one of those ultra-lib states i just forget about. now i dont own an ar-15 platform in any sense, but those 30 round pmags are like 11 bucks at my lgs. cant believe im considering buying a stockpile just for fucks

>4th court rules that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect individual rights

And then the SC tells them to fuck off like in literally all other cases

>none to weapons of war

IT'S LITERALLY AN AMENDMENT ABOUT OVERTHROWING TYRANTS, FUCKING KIKES

Thanks.

Literally just niggers leaving DC and moving to the suburbs

screen capped and reported

I'm going to make sure you get paid a visit just like the idiots from atom waffen.