How does it make you feel knowing that Anno will never top this in the Rebuild?

How does it make you feel knowing that Anno will never top this in the Rebuild?

youtube.com/watch?v=b-9fhRh4aPs

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.evageeks.org/thread/19154/Shinjis-View-of-Asuka-NGE-Card-Game-Canon-Corroboration/
animenation.net/ask-john-what-does-asukas-final-line-mean/).
youtube.com/watch?v=udEk2oax6Tc
forum.evageeks.org/thread/5055/Do-You-Want-to-Become-One-With-Me/100/
forum.evageeks.org/thread/16288/Asuka-Langley-Soryu-Long-Analysis-HPD-Validation/40/
wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_1_(Translation)
wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_2_(Translation)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wonder what way Asuka and Shinji (actually Anno) are going to hook up at the end of rebuild?

Just as in the end EoE, I guess it will be an ambiguous ending.
After 3I, we can only speculate: Will they get along, for mere survival, romantically, or just as friends? Will they decide to choose to follow separate ways? To what extent did Instrumentality change people, if it actually did?

All we know at the end is that the pain of real life is back again. There will be happiness, but also bitterness; that's reality, and it's up for us viewers to come up with our personal conclusions.

The message is very powerful, so I'm not sure if Anno will be able to make such a shocking final in the Rebuilds.

By the way, since you're posting that pannel, may I ask if you're the user who posted this?:
forum.evageeks.org/thread/19154/Shinjis-View-of-Asuka-NGE-Card-Game-Canon-Corroboration/

If so, I must thank you for that, since it might lead to a very interesting discussion on that forum. Like you, I've usually took ideas from their wiki/threads, but never took part in their debates. It will be interesting to know what they think.

My take on what you're asking to them is that people tend to read too way much into the relationship of Asuka and Shinji, considering they're "meant for each other" or that they're "star-crossed lovers". I think that's an erroneous vision, since it utterly ignores the mindset of both characters and reduces everything to Love.
I want to believe Evangelion is a bit more complex than a Disney film, and that the dynamic of Asuka and Shinji is that of human relationships, which are hard and sometimes bitter.

From my point of view, while the ending of EoE does seem to hide a message of hope, I can't possibly see it as a full reconciliation between those two broken children. There might be some empathy between them now (caress), but the bad blood between them seems not to be gone yet (strangulation and Asuka cold stare & final line).
Great hardship awaits them if they want to, at least cooperate not to starve to death.

Can't betray your fans' expectations if you don't finish the movie.

Yeah, that thread was me.

I think a lot of the ambiguity in Evangelion exists for marketing purposes. It exists to give people a reason to think about the series more. Perhaps more importantly, it allows people to fantasize according to their personal preferences for the story.
Shinji's relationship with all of the girls of Evangelion is purposely ambiguous so that the viewers can imagine that he (who they project themselves onto) gets with any of them in particular, according to who they themselves would choose.

I think that once you strip away the ambiguity these relationships are in fact clearly defined. Rei isn't Shinji's preferred partner. Misato doesn't seem to be either.
Ultimately Shinji ends up with who he wanted. But both of them are aware that he doesn't truly 'love' her, at least for now. Asuka probably knows it even better than he does.
In spite of this she still shows affection for him. I don't know about that part.

It almost seems that Asuka cares about Shinji much more than he cares about her. Here she says that 'she knows it all', implying that she understands him totally. She says this directly after Shinji says that he can't understand Asuka.
So Asuka knows that he's only looking at her as a surrogate mother whose chest he can cry into, etc. She knows that he isn't really specifically in love with her as a person.
Despite that she still shows him affection. It's not like her at all.
It may be that Asuka is okay with being 'a mother he can sleep with' for Shinji. Perhaps she wants to give him the mother that she never had. Her way of getting back at momma by outdoing her.

>Yeah, that thread was me.
Then, as I said, thank you. I'm looking to reading the responses on that thread.

>'she knows it all'
While you do have a point there, personally, I've always seen that scene as Asuka's sacrastic way of criticizing Shinji for his lack of bravery. He was physically attracted to her, but never dared treating her as a person; he rather prefer his "fantasies" to facing her and dealing with her as equals.

Thus, when she says "Go ahead and do it like you always do", I interpret it as Asuka challenging him; something like: ""Go on, I dare you to think about doing it now that I'm standing here in front of you"".

Moreover, "If all of you can't be mine, then I don't want anything of you!", as I see it, would be something like: "You keep using me as an object for your own comfort, but never tried to face me as a real person. What's wrong with you?". Asuka's pissed off face kind of corroborates she's quite defying in that scene. That's my take on it.

*defiant

When she says "If all of you can't be mine, then I don't want anything of you!" she does seem to be referring to the fact that he is only interested in her sexually and as a mother-figure, rather than as a whole.

(Same user here)
>It may be that Asuka is okay with being 'a mother he can sleep with' for Shinji.
This is something I can't agree with at all. Not only Asuka isn't a maternal figure for Shinji, but she herself despises her own feminity to a certain point (she states she "doesn't want to be a mother"), for she relates it to weakness and submission (a quite conservative idea, indeed). She doesn't want that, but to be independent and, possibly, dominant. Thus, accepting to be someone else's "sexual mother" would be pretty much out of character, in my opinion.

Have in mind that radio interview is heard in episode 20, which is a kind of "pseudo-Instrumentality". There, Shinji encounters his mother, as well as Misato, Asuka and Rei asking him to "be one" with them. Thus, that radio interview explains us a lot of Shinji's personality.
It also could explain the "What do you wish for?", since there's an image of female breasts, as well as his mother holding him. Combining the both of them, he wishes for motherly comfort, but with some sexual desires as well. Mother issues and teenage hormones; a deadly combination.

However, I wouldn't dare saying it also explains Asuka's behaviour in the last scene. As I said, her being willing to be submissive is really out of her character. Moreover, taking into account her last words and cold expression, she's clearly not happy with the situation (being it because of Shinji as an individual, as corroborated by the seiyuu's words, or because of Instrumentality in general).

The best description of Asuka's actions I've ever found is this (by Bagheera of EvaGeeks):
"Yes, you still disgust me, you miserable, pathetic child, but I'll be gentle with you because now I understand you."

>This is something I can't agree with at all.
I think it makes perfect sense. You have to understand Asuka's mindset, and the mindset of traumatized people in general
Did you know that people who were molested as children are overwhelmingly more likely to molest their own children?
It's because they get to re-live their trauma, except this time they get to be the one in control.

This theme of Asuka living out her mother's fate is elsewhere in Evangelion too. Just like her mother, contact with an Angel drives her insane and destroys her relationships with other people.
Because of the contact with the angel she believes she 'loses' Kaji and Shinji, the same way Kyoko lost her husband to her nurse. Asuka's pre-instrumentality fate is almost the same as Kyoko's.
This may be why she is finally able to achieve 400% sync ratio with Kyoko during her fight with the MP Evas. She finally understands her mother.

What if Anno ends up using the original script where Shinji apparently turns out to be the first and last person to come out of the tang?

Yes, it's kind of the end of Asuka's arc, when she finally realizes her mother had been there. Before the MPEs kill her, she realizes she didn't want to die, like the doll she was replaced in her mother's mind. She states her individualism, not wanting to die under any circumstance, unlike her little self, who once said she would die if her mother told her so.

But that is one thing, and fully acknowledging her very own feminity is another. She's 13 years old after all, and her trauma is something she'll have a hard time to heal from.

Honestly, I see your point, and you might be right. I hope, however, that you also see mine, and understand why I think Asuka wanting to be submissive so easily doesn't really make any sense given that she represents individualism in the series.

On that regard, I even read something concerning Asuka's final line being a reference to the individualist philosohpy of Jean-Paul Sartre's "Hell is other people" (animenation.net/ask-john-what-does-asukas-final-line-mean/). I found it interesting: with her caress she would acknowledge others exist, but her final line expresses her disgust with human interactions.
My own interpretaion of the scene is slightly different, as I explained it before, but that's still a curious vision of the events.

>but her final line expresses her disgust with human interactions.
It's clear from Anno's own words that Asuka had Shinji's masturbation in mind when she said kimochi warui.
There may be other things rolled in with it, but chiefly the masturbation and whatever it represents to her.
I doubt kimochi was as simple as 'you did an icky sex thing'

Indeed. She had many reasons to be disgusted with Shinji (and/or with Instrumentality and the situation of the world in general as well)

Again, please let me quote an explanation I read, which really hits the nail on the head. Once more, I think it's by Bagheera, a good conoisseur (I don't agree with some of his visions of post-3I world, but I do think he's very much spot-on when describing Asuka and Shinji bitter relationship in the series and during EoE):

>How could she not be bitter? Even the most charitable view of her has to acknowledge that she has ample reason. To hell with her final words, she was raped, abandoned, cast aside, and ultimately dismembered while everyone's hero Shinji did absolutely nothing to save her. And let's not forget he then went the extra mile and masturbated over her comatose body. Yes, she made things worse for herself. Yes, there was nothing he could really do. But no bitterness at all?

>Come now. She's a girl, a human being, not a saint. She'd have to feel bitter after all that. Instrumentality might give her the chance to put it in perspective and give him a second chance, but anything beyond that just ignores the show's events and what they mean to her.

>At best, she can blame Shinji for not helping her fight the harpies sooner. But listen to her lines over the comm system when she is. She doesn't sound bitter. She sounds angry, yes, but everything we know about Asuka gives her reason to sound angry. Indeed, whenever she is angry at Shinji, it's usually not for the reason she says it is. When they kiss, and she subsequently runs to the bathroom, she's not angry because she kissed him, she's angry because Shinji stood limp and didn't even try to embrace her.

>His behavior reflects guilt and teenage hormones, not love. He never showed much regard for her at all over the course of the series, and that holds true up to the final scene of the show.

(cont.)

(cont.)

>He still wasn't there for her. He's the one who got better sync scores than she did. He's the one whose Eva responded to him. He's the one who didn't comfort her after Arael tore apart her mind. He's the one who disgraced her in the hospital room. He's the one who didn't rescue her when the Eva series tore her apart. He's the one who let her mama die.

>But really, none of that's the important part. He's also the one who didn't pay attention to her. He's the one who didn't respond to her kiss. He's the one who wouldn't hold her. He's the one who didn't understand what she was saying to him. He's the one who gave up!

>None of this is rational, or fair, but that's not the point. It's still true, and it's how hatred works.
If Instrumentality is a panacea the whole point about opening up to others, about life being pain but still worth living, goes right out the window. Asuka proves that that's not how it worked with her final words.

Thus, the "How disgusting" is indeed more than just an "oh, so you touched your 'thing' looking at me, huh?"

The line of "If Instrumentality is a panacea..." is also part of the quote and should be in green too. Sorry, I didn't realize there was a space between the lines.

Shinji isn't Anno. Shinji is all of us.

Space your paragraphs out properly.

Is english not your first language?

Feels indifferent. Incredible scene, but I wouldn't be upset, nor surprised, if he never topped it.

Here's a great scene from 2.0 though.
youtube.com/watch?v=udEk2oax6Tc

Indeed, it isn't. It's Spanish. Sorry for the "mess".

About Kimochi Warui.
Shinji was checking for the renewed possibility of rejection when he choked Asuka.
Obviously, she at first gives a response he didn't anticipate. He starts crying into her chest either because her response fucked him up and he couldn't help it OR because he interpreted it as permission to do so. But when she says Kimochi Warui it might be her affirming to Shinji that both the 'yin' *and* the 'yang' of human contact are possible. Both acceptance and rejection. A caress then a word of disgust.

>both the 'yin' *and* the 'yang' of human contact are possible
Well, that's very reasonable, yes. The whole scene is a perfect representation of the ambiguity of reality and human interactions: Understanding, empathy, happiness, but also miscommunication, pain and rejection.

The world is based on contradictory feelings, but it's still better to live that life, than to exist in a dream-like fantasy like Instrumentality.

I wonder if Asuka died in that scene and her soul was salvaged into a new body.

i really liked the tsubasa wo kudasai scene

The final scene was a nice summary of the aesthetic appeal of Asuka's character too, the 'tsundere' Asuka. Tsunderes do things like call the object of their affection disgusting, especially when she witnesses him do something sexual.

The fact that Asuka's original response ("I refuse to be killed by you of all people!") sounds blatantly tsundere makes me think this was one of the intended meanings behind the final scene

Something else to note. The opening song like Shinji deeply wanted to be caressed like this and Asuka obviously knows everything he wants by this point.

The opening song makes it sound like*

A motherly caress, indeed. Yui gives it a caress in H.I.P. Also Misato touches his face softly, when the "adult kiss". Shinji craves affection, and has grave maternal issues after all.

That was a good way to stop him from strangling Asuka.

It's good to have a civilized discussion about EVA. Especially after the last threads, in which tension was everywhere and everyone's positions seemed to be irreconcilable.

"Evangelion is like a puzzle, you know. Any person can see it and give his/her own answer. In other words, we’re offering viewers to think by themselves, so that each person can imagine his/her own world. We will never offer the answers, even in the theatrical version. As for many Evangelion viewers, they may expect us to provide the all-about Eva manuals, but there is no such thing. Don’t expect to get answers by someone. Don’t expect to be catered to all the time. We all have to find our own answers."
- Hideaki Anno

Looks like he did offer the answers though.
This is just marketing.

See:

Anime is commercial in essence and the Japanese really like money. It all makes sense.

Obviously there are aspects of Evangelion which are unambiguously true or untrue. How much of that there is, is a matter of debate.
Just because details are concealed doesn't mean they're left up to interpretation. For a long time people were freely interpreting details about NGE until the actual truth was found out.

For example, before EoE was released nobody understood exactly how instrumentality started, other than the fact that it involved Rei and Gendo. I'm sure many weird theories existed, but they were wrong, as we saw from EoE.

I think Anno, with that statement, is referring mainly to the beach scene. I'm sure he was fed up of being asked all the time about the meaning of it, while he himself might have mixed feelings about it.

But yes, you're very right when saying that there are objectively true aspects. Still, there are so many others which have been left unexplained, that fanwank and debates are the only way we fans have to "solve" them by our own.

He clearly had something in mind with the scene, it wasn't just randomly constructed with no thought behind it.

I'm not saying it's random. I meant he probably had a clear idea of it, but with the later additions, it became something so "baroque" and open to be seen from so many different point of views, that he himself might not have a definitive explanation for it.

Not random, just complex.

It's like a writer who finishes a novel, but then realizes the way he's ended it can be interpreted in so many ways that he even doubts about what the absolute truth of it actually is.

>Evangelion is like a puzzle, you know. Any person can see it and give his/her own answer.

Oh, so a rubik's cube is solved when I make a pretty pattern on it that I like, rather than when all faces are solid color?

Ask Anno.

>Math = Art

About the left pannel in which you imply Shinji was "wishing for" Asuka's boobs, here's a discussion of it:

forum.evageeks.org/thread/5055/Do-You-Want-to-Become-One-With-Me/100/

Shinji 'wishing' for Asuka makes it a little suspicious that she exits instrumentality with him.

Here is a possible explanation. At the start of EoE's final scene, Shinji notices a ghostly Rei hovering near him. Then she disappears.

Maybe Rei deliberately placed them together as part of his wish.

I think she exits it because of her will to live, or because of her individualism. Instrumentality was anathema to Asuka, for it means Oneness of all souls, something that is a nightmare for her.

What has been discussed sometimes is that Rei "placed" Asuka near Shinji, to show him he was back to reality and that people would come back.

In any case, changing a bit the topic, I also wanted to share this thread:
forum.evageeks.org/thread/16288/Asuka-Langley-Soryu-Long-Analysis-HPD-Validation/40/
There's an interesting debate about the dynamic of H.I.P and Asuka's issues.

> that swell in music

It's amazing how cathartic EoE's climax feels 20 years later.

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOWN

It makes me feel like people should have let this series go ten years ago when it was done instead of wasting time thinking about a plot line that even the creator of the series never plans to fully flesh out.

>ten years

Been longer than that.

Why are we being raided by evageeks? Sup Forums has seriously turned to shit

What's wrong with evageeks? They're wrong about some stuff but it's still a good source of information.

I agree with her analysis mostly that their relationship is very bad and poisonous, but I think she dismisses Asuka too much and "props her up" so to speak (as in, she has an irrational distate for Shinji), that the relationship is completely Shinji's fault.

Its not Shinji's responsibility to make Asuka feel better, shes a big girl who went to college and wants to be seen as adult. Besides that, she treated Shinji horribly for most of the series, I'm not surprised to see a traumatized young boy turn on her like he did. Its Asuka's fault what happened IMO.

Well, yes, actually.

They're all shitty personalities, obviously. Literally all of them are toxic.

>Asuka and Shinji hooking up
Looks like someone wasn't paying attention when watching Eva

>Looks like someone wasn't paying attention when watching Eva
That's correct, you missed a lot of details!

The thing is that she is still a 14 year old girl, shinji has a problem of being emotionally dependant and giving very little in return. Neither of them are good for each other.

Do you know what they are incorrect about? I would like to know for sure so I don't mess up the facts.

Shinji loves Kaworu in Anime, Manga, and Rebuild

Yeah, but that guy dies.

When?

wow nice one mate! You sure showed me!
seriously tho if you think that there's something romantic between Asuka and Shinji you must've misinterpreted something.

He is Shinji's only confirmed and canon love interest.

Don't you remember that part?
That was Rei masquerading as Kaworu in order to make Shinji accept instrumentality.

Not romantically. If you've missed that you misunderstood Kawaru's entire purpose.

No, that was actually Kaworu my friend. Script and storyboard says so.
Rei took Adam into herself, Kaworu is Adam, that's why he sprouts out of her.

Yes romantically.
Even according to Anno.

wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_1_(Translation)
wiki.evageeks.org/Resources:Episode_24_Draft_2_(Translation)

The person Shinji asks for out of Instrumentality is Asuka, not Kaworu.
In fact he never even speaks with Kaworu during Instrumentality.

See

t. EvaGeeks

He asked for Kaworu, that's why he saw him as his most important person to bring him into instrumentality.
Maya saw Ritsuko
Hyuga saw Misato
Fuyutsuki saw Yui

And Shinji saw Kaworu
No one else could open his AT Field but him

Seeing Kaworu is the first time he smiles in the entire movie, completely forgetting Asuka's death two seconds ago

>be anno
>self insert into shinji
>love asuka
>have asuka lust after other men
>have asuka bully and insult your self insert
>canonically have asuka ntr your self insert for chadman toji
Is there a worse fate than to be an asukafag?

>He asked for Kaworu,

Non-canon, sorry. See Shinji canonically asked for Asuka. It is not debatable.

Wrong
Correct

Anno sure does like NTR sub-tones. He basically had one of the angels physically rape Rei, he had Gendo touch her vagina for no apparent reason at the start of Third Impact, he had Asuka say she was 'defiled' by the Angel's mind invasion, etc.

Incorrect. Sorry, your personal ideas are unsupported by canon sources. Shinji belongs to Asuka.

NTR'd by toji in manga, literal homo in anime. These poor asukafags

>just stick Kawaru

>Shinji canonically asked for Asuka.
You present no evidence.
He saw images of a mother breastfeeding her child in that sequence, he wanted the comfort of a mother.

Shinji canonically opened his AT Field to Kaworu, that's why Rei did not transform into anyone else.

The red cross book handed out with the screening of the movie says the same thing:
From the official EoE booklet:
>Who can foresee the future and guess that they can meet again at this moment?
>The moment Human Instrumentality Project began, Kaworu’s form appeared in front of him again.
>But, is this still the same “him"——
>“You have been there all along?”
>The question melted in the air. He whispers to >Kaworu, as if facing the lover that he is about to lose

If you cannot refute this then I will not offer you another response.

Not the other guy but I've watched all the movies/anime and I don't remember rei being physically raped or gendo touching her puss. When did that happen?

>Sorry, your personal ideas are unsupported by canon sources.
>Says Shinji belonges to Asuka
>your personal ideas are unsupported by canon sources.
>Canon sources
Could it possibly be more ironic

>Kaworu cuts his wrists and wears a sailor suit all the time

What is this propaganda?

Also even if this was real it's not credited to Anno and didn't make it into the final cut so it's meaningless

Don't even bother responding.
He's either an absolutely braindead shipper (Not unusual for an Asukafag) or he's a falseflagging Reifag.

>be moot
>love asuka
>have actual evidence of you being ntr'd online
It never ends for these guys

It didn't, autists are just trying to turn this thread into a waifu war just like they always do.

Not him, but Rei didn't transform into anyone else because nobody else was literally inside of her.

See

Thought so, I knew the asuka mind rape thing happened but rei being psychically raped was strange. I didn't know if it might have happened in the manga though. Thanks for clearing that up

It is real. Anno and Satsukawa wrote it as they do with all the episode drafts.
Just because it didn't make the cut doesn't mean it doesn't prove Anno's intentions with Kaworu are clear.

In the JUNE interview in 1996 the staff confirm it was Anno's idea:
>A: I thought its the kind of June-ness that Masayuki-san likes.
>M: Oh no no, it was on part Tsurumaki’s doing, this romantic poetry-like stuff its not within my capabilities.
>B: Is it very romantic?
>M: Actually June refers more to the physical kind of homoeroticism.
>B: Ah, I see.
>H: Speaking of this, Masayuki is arguably one of the go to people when it comes to homo anime.
>M: How we come back to this again?
>A: Why, what?
>M: Because ep 24 was my responsibility everyone thinks Kaworu was created by me.
>H: Storyboards, layout, artistic direction, you are practically his biological parents.
>M: It was meant to be Tsurumaki’s responsibility but because he was busy with the storyboards for 22, 23 so we basically switched episodes.
>H: well isn’t that good?
>M: Not at all. (laughs)
>H: Discovering new lands, an awakening of sorts.
>M: I really didn’t do it on purpose.
>H: Finding your real self within your heart.
>M: No, no. I didn’t think much at all and just drew it according to Anno’s script.

The last angel pseudo-tentacle-raped Rei II just before she died. Remember when it invaded EVA-00 and the tentacles went under her plugsuit, spreading all across her body (but prominently across her breasts?) She even made a sexual-sounding wince.

Then when Gendo thrusts his hand into Rei III's breast during Third Impact he trails it down to touch her vagina and she winces hard.

It might be that Gendo was planting Adam into her womb. Here's a webm of it.

This series is fucking awful pretentious garbage. I've watched everyone and I have no fucking idea what's going on. The idea was really cool, and the characters weren't bad, but all the endings and stuff were shit.

If you're too much of a brainlet to understand it, go read some Evageeks articles.

G8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8

And then Anno says in the JUNE interview that he specifically chose Satsukawa as the writer because he's best at homoeroticism; which is what Anno wanted the episode to be; what he wanted the relationship between Kaworu and Shinji to be.
JUNE is the oldest yaoi magazine in Japan and the first long interview Anno did after Evangelion finished airing.

>Interviewer: You said previously that that sort of JUNE-like, or should I say the sort of production that goes beyond friendship, came out that way naturally, didn’t you?

>You said previously that that sort of JUNE-like, or should I say the sort of production that goes beyond friendship

>Interviewer: Who worked on episode 24?

>Anno: A person named Satsukawa (Akio)-san did that. Satsukawa-san is better at—this is bad to say, but—he’s right on the mark when it comes to homoeroticism. *laugh*

>This series is fucking awful
>I have no fucking idea what's going on.
there's your problem

In the cases of Hyuga, Maya, Fuyutsuki, etc. Rei transformed into the people they loved respectively to open they AT Fields.

There was no need to do that with Shinji because the one he would open his AT Field up to was Kaworu, the same Kaworu that Rei took into herself via embryo a few scenes before. So there was no need to transform, she just called him out.

I wouldn't call gendo inserting his hand into her body " touch her vagina for no apparent reason", it was clear he was planting something into her womb. I guess she did get pseudo-tentacle-raped though, idk why I never paid attention to that scene.

I like the way the breast deforms, some good animation.

Has his other hand in his pocket all casual and shit.
No biggie, just impregnating one god with the seed of another god.

Wait, did Rei and Kaworu technically have sex in that scene?

You don't have a leg to stand on, Shinji never even thinks about Kaworu during instrumentality.

I still don't understand the obsession with this show. Someone explain to me what it is that makes evangelion special for them?

Ok, I'll concede that point, but seriously, have you read the script you linked?

That translator is fucking with people or something.

>Kaworu raises his umbrella a bit and smiles.

>SHINJI: ––

>Kaworu raises his umbrella again.
Shinji hesitates a bit before joining Kaworu under the umbrella.

>KAWORU: Heading to Nerv?

>SHINJI: Yeah……

>KAWORU: Let's go together then.

>The two walk together.

>INT. REI'S ROOM

>Rei is drying herself off when something catches her eye and she looks out the window.
There's a vivid rainbow over Tokyo-3.
>As Kaworu buttons the sleeve of his sailor suit, Shinji notices several lines of scars on Kaworu's wrist.

Evangelion is one of the only pieces of fiction which makes a deliberate attempt to appeal specifically to broken fucked up people. They don't get this anywhere else so they naturally become obsessed with the one source they do get it.

I'm pretty sure that is a fake news script written by a fujoshi cutter tumblrite.

No
b8