Sup Forums likes to critique MCs a lot, so what is your take on Lupin III as a protagonist? He's energetic...

Sup Forums likes to critique MCs a lot, so what is your take on Lupin III as a protagonist? He's energetic, kind of morally ambiguous, he gets the girl. Are you satisfied with him overall?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy, and so sexy

He's just like me, intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

Both of these because they relate to me as a person.

What do you think, is he a booty man or a booby man?

>critique MCs
Is that a fancy way of calling them a faggot?

>gets the girl
he's the biggest cuck in the history of anime. how many times do you see Fujiko run off to someone else regardless of whether or not it's part of the plan.

other than that he's pretty cool. his VAs are great

>so what is your take on Lupin III as a protagonist?
youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

He's a superhero.

He's a legit cuck who gets off of being cucked.

Ignores perfect waifus only to be cucked.

I like him a lot. He's a nice man.

Succesfully romancing a woman who fancies other men is the very definition of being an anti-cuck.

the fact he lusts after Fujiko above anyone else confirms he's a boob man

One of my favorite MCs

Nah. Fujiko is balanced

Too shallow.

That just means you pestered her enough to give in. she's just going to go fucking other guys.

While it may look like Fujiko plays him as she want it's actually the opposite, he's in control and he chases Fujiko just because he can't really have her. It's that sort of thing.

I was never really a fan of lupin but I watched the latest movies just for the animation sake which was gorgeous (The Gravestone of Daisuke Jigen + The Blood Spray of Goemon Ishikawa). Should I watch anything else?

Only watched the first series and didn't like it much. Cobra is way better.

Might as well watch the latest season (blue jacket) and go in reverse chronological order. Or follow the correct order, but beware the first seasons have a lot of episodes.

I understand that the shit with Fujiko is there to give him an obvious defect to what would otherwise be an overly perfect character.
But after so many seasons she really becomes an eyesore, every time you see her appear you know it's one of "those" episodes and your interest suddenly drops to 0.

he's cool you know, he uses his walther

He'll marry Zenigata before Fujiko

Yup. It's like a Troy episode in TNG.

the OG dandy protagonist

he's already married to Zenigata

Sometimes he gets angry.

>he gets the girl
He never gets the girl
have you even watched?

He's alright. Can't say I'm too attached to him though. Probably because I can't remember him going through any kind of character development. Personally I like Fujiko better.

He's a groovy guy.

Fuck you, Fujiko episodes are great.

He's something that comes from 70's and thus fresh always, because he's still around more or less.

Lupin III is basically multiple different characters due to all the different takes on him.

I like thrill seeking "I care for Fujiko due to out cat and mouse game" Lupin, but he's often portrayed as much dumber than that. Surprised and annoyed when Fujiko avoids him and constantly making dumb mistakes and only escaping due to sheer luck, rather than having large elaborate plans.

Fujiko and the recent Part 4 are probably the only tv series that managed to keep his characterization consistent throughout.

>Fujiko and the recent Part 4 are probably the only tv series that managed to keep his characterization consistent throughout.
If there is something Part 4 did right is portraying a Lupin who's a fusion of all the precedent interations.