If you are not from this (mostly) fine nation of the United States, I have a question for you:

If you are not from this (mostly) fine nation of the United States, I have a question for you:

Does your media go autistic over mass shootings the way our media does? Which is to say, does the media spend a lot of time on the shooter, the victims, do they go on for weeks at a time? Those familiar with our media, I'd like to know how they compare. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nn4bPVT1SVI
youtube.com/watch?v=1xnb8w2zHS4
gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/canada
calibremag.ca/cooey-canadas-gunmaker/
youtube.com/watch?v=M0KYnpeZVnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. They take CNN/MSNBC talking points and then virtue signal about how fortunate we are to not have such problems. Little do most of them know that while USA is roughly 90/100 guns/people Canada is 44/100.

The media is the same everywhere, there is no such thing as independent media anymore. You're confusing 'local media' with sovereign nations when every media outlet is wholly a subsidiary of globalist media corps

I generally get that is the case, but that's not really what I'm trying to get at.

Perhaps I asked the wrong question, perhaps I should have asked whether or not other countries have, I guess I would call it the same 'fascination' with mass shooters as we do here in the states?

Of course they do, globalist media hounds other countries with anti-gun propaganda as if it's any of their business to begin with, when the only business sold is the globalist cabal's desire to disarm free people of a different nation. They can't do anything other than live in the shadows, deceive people or turn one man against another.

>by way of deception thou shalt do war

>be American
>get shot
sry señor creatura, but mass shootings are very rare in civilized surroundings, therefore I can't tell you how our media would react

Those fucking nerds.

ok you aske dfor it. the reality is that the way you see north korea, the whole world sees you; let me elaborate:

the whole fucking world knows you are all brainwashed and controlled by an illuminati-like elit. the whole world is expecting you to do something. dont let them take your guns.

take down the illuminati-like government you have (trump haters will try to stop you only because they hate trump)

What mass shootings?

Ill put it this way:
when AMERICANS have a mass shooting the AUSTRALIAN goverment/media wants more gun control. Let that sink in.
Fuck this gay country

Pretty much this, they use it for PR points even though the Canadian government kidnapped thousands of children from their families at gunpoint

Yes, but since we are rather fast to draw consensus on the subject it tends to fade out lot faster.

We don't have mass shootings anymore, so the news has to focus on your ones.

Not even joking.

They use a day or two on it whenever it happens, unless it's a racially motivated shooting then our (((liberal))) paper will spout all the usual SJW crap for weeks on end on how all white males should die

Oh and yes, we don't have mass shootings. I was thinking about US shootings

I don't know what you're talking about. I lost all my guns in an unfortunate boating accident.

Well all my time living in Brazil we havent had any school shootings but the people are pro gun because of the homicides that happen every day, I remember watching cidade alerta, and basically every 3-4 min it would report a homicide case, its ceazy

I'd also like to expand mass shootings to mass murder in general (stabbings, arson, bombs, ect). I know that's rare as well, but I'd also like perspective on that if you have it as well.

The US is closer to 1/1 guns/people. It's hard to tell. I know a lot of people who have spooky "ghost guns". Most have more than one.

Quite rare, they spend quite some more time on it obviously since it's closer to home.
But I wouldn't say they go absolutely spastic, but last time something of this nature happened in Denmark, was the "terror" attack in Copenhagen in 2015.
I say terror because only 1 person and 1 jew died.
Had some gang related shootings since we had, for Denmark, some major gangwars lately but they usually only shoot eachother. A few innocents have been hit but media typically only uses two days on it apart and forgets about it until an eventual trial comes up where it will be covered again.

there are more guns than people for sure in this country

Well yeah the occasional terrorist attack like the one in Bali years ago gets sustained attention for a while. But our news media is much, much smaller than yours, and we don't really have the "cable news" thing - so much. That 24-hour news thing was really a CNN invention during the first Gulf war, I think.

Although I'm not the best person to ask, as I haven't watched TV in about 10 years.

weeew fucked up that post, they spend perhaps 5 days on it after the copenhagen shootings.

>Although I'm not the best person to ask, as I haven't watched TV in about 10 years.

You're a better person than I/us.

They go absolutely autistic about US mass shootings. We had one here with a legal firearm (I believe it was even an AR-15 or a similar semi-automatic weapon) and that shit blew over relatively quickly, with only minor suggestions we should change gun laws. We're known as a nogunz cuntry, but if you're prepared to jump through a few hoops, you can actually own rather decent guns here, apparently even if you have a psychiatric dossier

bump stock

Do they go autistic in suggesting we should be more like your country in terms of laws?

A direct comparison has not been made as far as I know, generally in MSM the USA is painted as a land of barbaric maniacs with which we should avoid any similarities ("Amerikaanse toestanden"). Oh and Trump is the devil and guns are evil. Ffs we even had a newspaper recently being forced to publish a rectification after calling our state media "state media". It's tax-paid propaga, that's what it is. Private television and radio was allowed in the bloody Soviet Union before it was allowes here.

>Does your media go autistic over mass shootings the way our media does?
No one else has mass shootings........

It's not a question of being a better person, it's just that you feel your blood pressure rising every time you turn on that shitshow panel and finally decide to just throw it out and read books. It's an absence of masochism, nothing more

Here is how (((they))) think it works

Relatively speaking, the Netherlands, Norway and Finland (and probably a few more) have had more mass shootings than the USA.

don’t worry, friend. I’ll smuggle in an arsenal for you as soon as the coast is clear

You again....

heck ya (;

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Nn4bPVT1SVI

>Tony Bernardo's sarcastic comment about licensing
Ayyyyy.

uuunnhnhhh
UUUUUUUNNNNGHHHHHH

>he pays attention to media
lole

Is it a statistical "more" that is because of low population or something or is it a legit problem there?

Reminds me of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=1xnb8w2zHS4

People forget more than 300 million people live jn the US. Of course it's horrible, but more people die from terrorist attacks

Mass shootings are super rare in the US, too. The vast majority of firearm related deaths are suicide. Of the remainder, the vast majority are related to the drug trade. Of the remained, most are justifiable homicide and then only a tiny fraction of what's left is mass shootings. A sliver of a sliver of a sliver of a sliver of a sliver.

We shot up a mosque.

"We never have mass shootings here in Norway like they do in the US!". Norway has 5 million people; we have 350 million.

Got a reference? Am curious.

Actually, to clarify, a lot of the drug trade ones are statistically speaking "mass shootings", but again, they're drive-by shootings in shitholes like Detroit over turf or other disputes, not your school shootings. Though some of said gang shootings do take place at schools, so...

I GOT A CUNT!

>Mass shootings are super rare in the US, too.
They are not and neither is winning the lottery. Being rare and having a low chance of experiencing something are different things.

rare is subjective. In a country with 350 million people rare could mean something happening like once a day.

Firearm homicide is very concentrated in certain areas and it does not correlate to the rate of firearm ownership. In fact, it's closer to a negative correlation (higher ownership, lower homicide).

Just because you hear about it as soon as it happens doesn't it make it not rare. You can tell me about how you got your fat ass to the gym everyday for an entire year, I still know you only did it once.

Latin American, yeah. The only US citizens being shot by the dozens are niggers getting shot by other niggers, if you want to see a society with an actual mass shooting problem then I implore you to holiday in Juarez next summer.

No need to insult him, man. Let's keep this civil.

Yeah, you do actually. The most recent were the Sydney Siege and Hunt family murders. Your gun ban did nothing to stop them since you weren't experiencing many mass shootings before Port Arthur to begin with.

>less than fucking france
come on leafs, what's the matter with you?

Was this recent shooting not the second shooting in that county alone?
>not correlate to the rate of firearm ownership.
Who are you arguing against? We are talking about the media response to mass shootings and the rarity of mass shootings in the USA compared to other countries. No one is trying to take your guns in this thread.

> Sit in car listening to BBC Radio 2 news at lunchbreak
> 30 minutes about shooting hoaxes and gun laws with Brits debating with each other, some close to crying.
Twilight Zone. Even leftists 3000 miles away think they have a right to control other people.

>I still know you only did it once.
I have never even been inside a gym.

The number is based off of how many firearms were registered in Canada. Cooey alone manufactured more firearms than were ever registered in Canada. Conservatives estimates peg it at 40% compliance rate for registration.

>Being rare and having a low chance of experiencing something are different things.

Motherfucking what

My house has three people living in it and 10 guns. And I'm in a Democrat stronghold.

Source?

gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/canada

Never had a mass shooting in our country so I wouldnt know. Regarding when they talk about other countries it's the usually
>That's so sad
>they should really fix this
>Why don't they fix it?
>next up is sports

It's very important to differentiate between suicide by firearm, gang related violence, justifiable homicide, non-mass non-gang related firearm homicide and then non-gang related mass shootings. Anti-gun orgs have a very bad habit of conflating all said categories to make the stats worse. They also do things like including people up to the age of 24 as "children" in order to say "X number of children are killed with guns every year!!!!". If 24 year olds are children, what percentage of the armed forces are "child soldiers"?

If you're right about something, why lie?

calibremag.ca/cooey-canadas-gunmaker/
>Before Cooey was dissolved entirely, it is estimated that approximately 12 million firearms would leave Cooey’s various factories.

BBC is something we get hear on public radio at 4 in the morning. One of the few outlets outside the US I actually have experience with. But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

Are you tay's relative? Your argument is really clear but i disagree with premise that i am making an argument counter to yours.

The most popular one I have heard of late is. "There have been 18 school shootings since the beginning of the year." Half of those were accidental discharges in a schools direction, suicides, or other incidents where nobody was injured. Technically a 'school shooting', but egregiously misleading.

Who is tay?

I do not wish to imply that your argument is counter to mine, I just wish to have an educated conversation on the issues at hand and I felt that there was reason to split hairs at that time.

Sometimes, it's hard to tell where it's just ignorance or willfully trying to mislead.

In this country? Definitively wilful misleading. 100%

I wouldn't be so sure.
For shiggles, peeps on /k/ made fake Brady Campaign images. The Brady Campaign actually posted one on their official facebook profile.

I lol'd and then got instantly angry because this shit spreads faster than the plague.

youtube.com/watch?v=M0KYnpeZVnQ

nah, they don't even cover our high-profile stuff for more than a couple of days (iirc someone tried to shoot up the Parliament a few years ago and they didn't even talk about it) unless you watch Oprah-tier talk shows
all in all I guess media coverage plays a part in the incidence of this kind of shit

My current hunting rifle is a 30-06 (previously my dads), which, if you have a good shot is pretty sufficient; but my dad upgraded to .300 win mag, because not once, but twice he had taken a shot at a deer or elk, found massive wads of blood and bone, tracked it for 8 hours, and lost it. Fuckers are tougher than people think. And somehow people think an AR is too much for hunting. AR-15s in my state of Colorado are explicitly prohibited because they are not considered powerful enough.

That's my exact suspicion. And now more than ever people give way too much time feeding these cunt ass shooter's egos.

.458 SOCOM is adequate (Roughly equivalent to .45-70). .300 BLK is a great option for deer, too. Though this is all hypothetical here in Canada, since AR-15's are restricted-class firearms (range toys only).

And I bet not one murder was ever committed there with a .50.

I'd consider .458 SOCOM as an option, but 30-06 is certainly better than blackout. I do want a blackout upper though. Just for shits and gigs.

Speaking of alternate chamberings, have you seen the new .224 Valk? Shit is bananas. Supersonic out past 1300 yards.

Our Media just repeats everything (((they))) want like a good goy.

God that's lulzy. I also want a .50 beowulf (also for shits and gigs), though it's supersonic for about 4 feet.

That seems to be going around. :l

>WHAT IS LOVE?

Ban shop class.

Ban fingers. A bump stock ban is absolutely silly to me. I think it's just a jumping off point for semi-autos.