Why is he so great?

Why is he so great?

damn name?

Misogi Kumagawa from Medaka Box. Also one of the main reasons people read the series.

Intelligent, nihilistic and wicked sense of humor

Because he always loses.
What's more badass than a badass who was destined to lose.

Why did he turn it into a word game manage halfway through. It translates like shit and even then probably isn't even that good to read in its native tongue

He's the best part of a great series.

So he and Kikajima had a kid at the end right?

Kumagawa is my hero

No he's with Najimi, those two are the OP couple.

> hurr durr he is so weak
> can fight Medaka to a stalemate in a physical fight without having All Fiction
> one of the strongest 10 characters in the series
what did he mean by this...?

Actually it went Kumagawa > Zenkichi after the treasure hunting event.

Medaka Box was so much fun damn.

It means discussing powerlevels seriously is retarded and who wins a fight depends on the author.

He's a poser.

This. Medaka Box wasn't perfect but I enjoyed every single chapter of it.

>it went Kumagawa > Zenkichi
*for me

>Preferring Zenkichi to Best Loser Kumagawa
shit taste detected.

Because his motives aren't about winning fights but about meeting your objectives. In a world where goodies win and baddies die, people like Kumagawa need to be flexible in their way of handling things.

That's why his introduction arc was that great because every single chapter ended with an over-the-top cliffhanger where Kumagawa just pulls the impossible out of his ass.

best guy, no doubt

He actually did it, madman.

That fucking landslide.
He deserved it so much.

given how meta medaka box was i'm surprised this didn't affect the story

he should have gotten a spin off or something

he truly did it

He used All Fiction to turn the Blu-Ray sales and Season 3 to nothing, he doesn't deserve anything.
except to win

Najimi Ajimu is fucking hot.

No, she is _____FRESH._____

When the fuck will he be playable in a decent fighting game? I need something damn it. Its been 4 fucking years.

Just for you

Book Maker brought her down to his level briefly.

Remember, she has more superpowers specifically for sex than can be counted in a month.

There's always MUGEN user.

akatsuki can draw some hot shit, what is that guy even up to these days? did he go back to drawing hentai?

Who was the strongest character by the end? Was it Zenkichi? Medaka and Kumogawa kinda imply it I think?

He was the perfect foil.

You're Devil shit cunt

Don't they both lose their powers at the end?
I don't think Kumagawa does and Ajimu (despite being kind of dead but who cares it's Ajimu) doesn't lose them either.

I liked Kumagawa better when he was the villain over any of the characters then the Zenkichi vs Medaka thing happened and Zenkichi in the hierarchy is suddenly a lot higher.

Why is Ogata so perfect? I didn't know dick about him and that performance was the instant highlight.

Man the threads were so wild back when we got to know Zenkichi's ability.

The realisation that Nisio could end the manga any time he wanted and justify not resolving plot threads by chalking it up to Devil Style was jarring.

hanten is probably still strong as fuck

He overstayed his welcome for me. He should've gotten a spin-off instead of getting that much focus. As good as he was, it gradually didn't feel like Medaka Box anymore.

I forgot Medaka loved Zenkichi so much, yet was super bipolar with her feelings for him. She admits to loving him like 3 times. Why was she in love with him and also got fucking pissed at him?

>3,402,193,822,311 years old
>Literally have 12,858,051,967,633,864 skills.
>night-omnipotent to omnipotent
>character too broken author killed her in the most amusing way
They have to rid of her since everytime she shows up she literally change the story or defeat enemies instantly.
Though atleast by the end her and Kumagawa are messing around somewhere. Imagine those poor villain souls who meets these two on a one-way road.

Hanten would fuck them up.

I forgot as to why he was technically the only person that could beat anyone and end the series. Explain please.

I don't know, but man those hentai that he did made was good. Since the art is very similar to his characters on Medaka Box.

He was a 0

everyone else were abnormals and minuses and not equals. Zenkichi was nothing. He could be scaled to any level and it would make sense.

who was in the right here?

Nah, he's basically Ajimu's double. A lower version of her.

So he could be as strong as the plot needed it? Haven't read this in a while.

I'll make a stand with Pervert Number 5.

he could nullify fate
because of that plot armour, the strongest ability every main character has, did not work

his other ability was the contradiciton thing where "x > y therefore y > x"

>look I'm so edgy and weak except I'm the strongest thing ever and when I get my ass handed to me it's necause of plot convenience I swear
He's written like your average self insert except it's ironic so it doesn't count

Devil Style affects the plot itself.

Remember the concert with the shark teeth girl from Kumagawa's oneshot?
Ajimu even mentions that what was actually supposed to happen was something like a long lost friend of Medaka appearing and driving the plot in a completely new direction but because Zenkichi's Devil Style was already active by then, complete strangers came by instead and the plot didn't change.

Pic related should help you understand better

I always loved Munakata

>Didn't actually do anything for a long time after his first appearance
>5th place in the second poll

best girl coming through

He was a great fucking friend to Zenkichi though. Fucking verbally rekt Kikaijima and proceeded to go toe to toe with fucking Kumagawa.

best girl coming through
Read the whole dialogue on the pic or you will die tonight

Just for that I won't read it and never consider her as best girl

I pity the translators for this manga. They even did the list of skills for Ajimu.

He was a fresh character that got introduced right after one of Medaka Box's most unappealing story arcs.

she will literally make your dick fall off

>You first think he's just another big bad of new arc
>Then you thought he was just usual psycho guy for ripping ajimu's face
>Then you thought his reason actually because he hates all the elites since he's a minus
>Turns out he just want to be a better person
>Turns out he actually stopped ajimu from killing herself and sealed her with his bookmaker

His character is that, when you thought his intention is revealed, he actually had a deeper intention behind it. He's always the "lost the battle but win the war" kind of guy.

>2017
>people don't know Kuma anymore

I blame phoneposters

Yeah, must be hard for a girl who can't hold anything except for her literal reversed-edged knife.

And because of that story arc Season 3 never.

he made another manga with nisioisin in jump SQ and some one-shot that got adapted into anime. nothing especially succesful though

> a girl with toast will never bump into you and you land with a hand full of titties

what a waste of a skill

>know full well that next arc features the best character, and the best reason people kept reading after the Abnormal Arc
>don't adapt it

Why? Are they that thin-skinned?

are there no males besides him in the series or is he the only relevant one?

Do you want to see naked guys in aprons that much?

The anime had to end after Kumagawa deleted all the colour in the universe in that one OVA.
A true Gainax ending

if they are cute maybe, but mostly i was wondering about why the fans only liked that guy

Look closer. More male characters came 5th, 6th and 8th.
Naked aprons is Kumagawa's thing so they wouldn't fit the theme.

This, and the 3rd poll was Kumagawa, Akune and Zenkichi as top 3

What a fucking great character. He deserves a spin-off.

>Make character who always loses
>Audience votes for him massively in popularity poll to spite you
Everyone loves an underdog.

>Make a strong character
>When he wins, say he lost because of some "This is not how I wanted to win" bullshit
>Fans eat it up and ask for more

Yeah Medaka lost her powers at the end. Kumagawa and Ajimu stay OP

He's a deadbeat dad though.

>When he wins, say he lost because of some "This is not how I wanted to win" bullshit
That is not the reason he claimed to have lost, he only said that as a lie. He considered all his fights losses because if he was able to kill them, they could not have been powerful enough to defeat Ajimu. Finding someone strong enough to give Ajimu her loss was his goal.

He got spin-off novels

Whatever, he's an underdog in name only and the manga knows it.

Shounen Shoujo was really good, don't know what happened to the scans.

The anime was shit anyhow.

I thought the Kumagawa OVA was pretty decent.
>Deletes the colour blue
>Follows it up with deleting all the colour in the universe just to defeat one guy

That is the point. The most dangerous character in the manga, is also the weakest man in the World. It was a joke about power creep.

nisio agreed

>1. Nomi Chinou (Legend series)
>2. Princess Hitei (Katanagatari)
>3. Shiogi Hagihara (Zaregoto series)
>4. Kagi Mizukura (Risuka)
>5. Mayumi Doujima (Bishounen series)
>6. Houko Yamiguchi (Zaregoto series)
>7. Namanie Nienami (Medaka Box)
>8. Kyouko Okitegami (Amnesiac Detective series)
>9. Meniko Hamukai (Monogatari series)
>10. Choushi Kushinaka (Sekai series)
>Bonus: The Maniwa Corps (Katanagatari)