Reading list

Sup you Sup Forumsacks? What have you guys been reading lately? I just finished up pic related and am moving on to the 48 Laws of Power.

Any suggestions for after that?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Commentaries_Gaius_Julius_Caesar
amazon.com/Wanted-Workers-Unraveling-Immigration-Narrative/dp/0393249018
amazon.com/Puppy-Sweater-Complete-Anvil-Texts-ebook/dp/B01LYDAWSN/
youtube.com/watch?v=ve7RPvhC7tc&list=PLDqbQJndkTCLV-SZyqlj2jh5yhmR58pLC
archive.org/details/pdfy-2F_iHS6BLtGJb2ad
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've just finished reading the tartar steppe by dino buzzati, major blackpill as it hits too close to home
Don't read meme "redpilled" books

Just finished The Pre-Socratics. Currently reading Complete Works of Plato. Aristotle after that.

Also learning Latin and hope to learn Ancient Greek after that.

OP her

how did it hit the feels m8? And is the 48 Laws a meme book? I just thought it was a good read.

Impressive user. Who do you like more of those three

Machiavelli Discourses on Livy
Aristotle Nicomachean Ethics
Ibn Khaldun Muqaddimah
Plato Alcibiades
Xenophon Hiero

All good, highly recommended for poltards

Lately I've been reading Memoirs of Hadrian, written by Yourcenar.
In before
>reading wimmyn books
It's pretty good, but the descriptions of obscure rituals are a bit boring.

archive.org/details/Commentaries_Gaius_Julius_Caesar

read "The Bonfire of the Vanities," by Tom Wolfe.

it's a novel, but so what?

>2017 + 1
>reading romanian degenerates

kys cuck soyboi

Both good books, OP. Read pic related, he's a big fan of Stoic philosophy. Also wrote a later book called "Ego is the enemy," also gold.

fuck off m8. I'm trying to have a somewhat civilized discussion on books, so either add something or fuck off to another thread.

ill look into it m8, thanks

>Currently reading Complete Works of Plato. Aristotle after that.
lol, u are gonna have a little of cognitive dissonance. Anyways, have fun mate.

dump for anyone interested

Also check out "The Kybalion." Written by an early 20th century cult that claims to go back to the age of Ptolemaic Egypt (I think?). Outlines universal principles in much the same way as Meditations, but in a more modern (albeit abstact) context.

Pretty sure Aristotle and Plato agree on most things. Aristotle’s attacks on Plato are directed at misunderstandings of Plato's students.

enjoy anons, i have read a fair few from the list but not all.

evola, nietzche, goebbels, weininger, gentile, linkola and sombart
also i liked the work i read by jared taylor

tht's pretty funny. i'm reading demons/devils by dostoevsky at the moment, but i've seen him on a specific list like that

i've never*

I really enjoyed Donovan's 'The way of men'. >Inb4 fag
just give it a read, its straightforward in pointing out why lots of men feel detatched from life in western societies without dabbing into the mgtow shit. Just take his conclusions with a grain of salt.
Also Nietzche's Antichrist. His arguments against christianity can be applied to leftists for the most part. Looking at leftists and leftliberals lile they are a cult explains their behaviour very well.
In that vain, the political works of Alain de Benoist are great for people of all ideologies as he challenges many assumptions and forces you to rethink your position. His critique of egalitarianism is excellent, although his stuff isnt a light read.

I recommend Incerto, Taleb is a great writer, he will get your noggin joggin.

Or if you just want a smaller sample, get Antifragile, probably my favourite in the series.

I get 12 hrs at work to listen to audio books, anyone have anything on audible to listen to or should i stick with epic fantasy?

I read 48 laws of power last year, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. There’s some rules you can use contextually, but if you’re walking around all day at the office trying to exercise all these rules people are just going to disdain you.

Just read 12 rules for life, my next reads:
>Sapiens - Yuval Noah Harari
>Extreme ownership - Jocko Willink
>Tools of Titans - Tim Ferris
>Rich dad poor dad - Robert Kiyosaki
>Lord of the flies - William Golding
>The great cholesterol myth - Bowden and Sinatra
>The strange death of Europe - Douglas Murray

This book dismantles open borders and liberalized immigration through empirical data. A must read for anyone fighting the war of information against the (((left))).

amazon.com/Wanted-Workers-Unraveling-Immigration-Narrative/dp/0393249018

Borjas is Bae

Love the guy, just wish he would post more on his blog

amazon.com/Puppy-Sweater-Complete-Anvil-Texts-ebook/dp/B01LYDAWSN/

Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonald

>Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonald

I dont think you really finish Meditations. Its meant to be continuously read. Giving it one read and moving on misses the point.

Just finished "The Great Heresies" by Belloc.

Highly recommend the chapter on The Great and Enduring Heresy of Mohammad.

>CoC

I don't understand the meme, please inform.

Just finished Storm of Steel, A Manifesto for Breaking the Bonds of Interest Slavery, and have just started Culture of Critique.

The social contract by rosseau offers some rather interesting insights into power structures and their functioning, its a geat book

How are you going with Latin?

Meditations is pretty overrated in my opinion.

I bought that but I've yet to read it because I'm convinced it will be shite.

>The social contract by rosseau
God help you.

You don't even need to read CoC because you probably already know 90%% of it from just browsing Sup Forums

I mean seriously, how often do you see pages from CoC being cited here as a source? Almost never

Meditations on how I can be a cuck and not kill enough Christians.

History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russel

"Mythology" by Edith Hamilton before delving deep into Greek Philosophy (read before "Rhetoric" by Aristotle and "The Republic" of Plato).
After I finish this then "Ancient Greece" by Thomas R. Martin so I also have a good understanding of how Greece looked in the times of Socrates, Plato and Aristotle

Read Herodotus.

>storm of steel
>fiction
This always is irritating

capitalists and wage slaves BTFO

youtube.com/watch?v=ve7RPvhC7tc&list=PLDqbQJndkTCLV-SZyqlj2jh5yhmR58pLC
Just listen to this, you don't need to read the book if you're browsing Sup Forums

I learned about this Taleb guy pretty recently. I like the way he thinks.

Does it offer some interesting insights?
After the mythology and history books i plan on reading also The Illiad and The Odyssey as I saw constant references in e.g. Aristotles' Rhetoric

Did you miss the last law?

Last week and this week I've read
"Utoya" - Laurent Obertone (a good book about Anders Behring Breivik)
"Les démons du bien" - Alain de Benoist (this one is excellent, it is about political correctness, liberalization and feminization of the society and gender theory) (I guess it should translate in english as "The Good's Devils" or something like that. A must read.)

Now I'm reading "Manvotionals : Timeless wisdom and advice on living the 7 manly virtues" and it's really good so far, I'll make sure to live by these words as much as I can.
On a side note I'm also reading Ubik - Philip K. Dick but this is not important.

Still reading The Decline of the West by Oswald Spengler at the moment

Just got my copy of "The Economic Foundations of Fascism" by Paul Einzig in the post today. Pretty good read so far.

48 Laws is very good.

I'm reading Ego is the enemy now and loving it

I second this. The way of men was very good. No homo

A guide to the good life
No more Mr nice guy
So good they can't ignore you
Never split the difference
Living with a seal

Meh. Not pol tier in the slightest

Read The Emperor's Handbook, it is the best Meditations translation.

I read the Daily Stoic every morning. Good stuff from Marcus, Seneca,etc

The way of men and its sequel are required reading.

Currently reading Saga of the Volsungs

After reading meditations a year ago I started keeping a phylisophical thought journal. I recommend this practice.

Also, read pic related

48laws of power is a good book. Every law is illustrated with a few pages talking about a related historical anecdote. It can redirect you to read more about historical figures or period (renaissance italy, ancient china, Talleyrand and the post revolution decades...)

I am currently reading books about self discipline like the power of habits, thinking fast and slow and the willpower instinct. I feel they help a lot but I will have to read them again and take notes and try to memorize the key elements to integrate the very useful bits into my everyday life.

How do you guys make sure you learn and remember on the long term the useful bits of the books you read?

My latest

Meh always goes sideways on my phone :/

Increase IQ.

>phylisophical thought journal
Explain.

Been reading Man, Economy, and State, after just having read Ethics of Liberty. Both by Austrian School economist Murray Rothbard. The former is more about economics, the latter about anarchism capitalist philosophy and ethics.

Going to his book signing for SITG this Thursday.

archive.org/details/pdfy-2F_iHS6BLtGJb2ad
I read this essay while taking a shit. Very interesting read and provides new insights.
Should be obligatory for everyone on Sup Forums.

Miss me with that cuck shit.
Russian lit is very good for gaining perspective on life
>one day in the life of Ivan Denisovich; Solzhenitsyn
> notes from underground; Dostoyevsky
Other Dostoyevsky, Turganev also good. Tolstoy is drier than a vegan sjw's puss and just as dull; don't bother
Metaphysics:
>Walden; Thoreau
>Japanese death poems; Tuttle
> essays; Schopenhauer
For lulz or if you're an /x/ tier conspiratard
>labyrinths; Borges
>Camus

Psychology: anything by Scott Adams or Robert Cialdini

This is a pretty neat read

While reading something philosophical, and it provokes a related philosophical thought that's coherrent and logical comes to mind, write it down.

Pic related should be required reading. It's basically the left's playbook when dealing with the media and political opponents, written by one of them for them. It describes thought processes, methods and the likes and allows you to understand what they did. Also relevant for Generation Identitaire and similar activists.

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon is a blackpill inside of a redpill. Gibbon himself is a delightfully redpilled eighteenth-century Englishman. Wait until you get to his commentary about the blacks in Africa. But in the long, slow, painful decline of the Roman Empire, you see the present and future of modern western civ.

Truest redpill?

Most of the book suggestions in this thread are cringy, pretentious shit. Dont get me wrong, we all go through a phase of reading Aurelius, Road to Serfdom, Evole, etc but this is something which for the most part only neets have time to do

And because they're, well, neets, the already limited relevance of these books is further limited

Todays media and influencing minds today is whats most important, as you grow older you realise the worlds these people lived in were too different for these books to be anything besides "interesting"

It's because they're stupid college kids who aren't yet able to take charge of their own lives or form cogent worldviews on their own

This Time The World