What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Less talking than usual.

A shittier Kimi No Nawa

Basically. At least with Kimi we get delicious body swapping.

One of the best anime in many, many years.

Get the tissues for the first 20 minutes, Jesus christ.

A boring piece of shit and forced drama

Rage, lots of rage. Mostly at how dense the main duo is.

Also a thread full of shallow retards apparently.

a shit girl named kawai not getting her just deserves

Bullied deaf girl
They don't get together even though it's romance

Its terrible.

Dense how?

a really, really good movie. animation is gorgeous and i thought the story was phenomenal for a 2 hour and 10 minute movie, even if the manga is 100x better
also you will want to protect nishimiya from minute one if you are a decent human being

Rushed adaption
Better ending though

I don't think I'd relate to any of it if I haven't read the manga. The characters lost most of their story arcs, they're just there without purpose. It should've been a 3-6 part OVA or something.

As a big fan of the manga, I thought the movie emphasized everything good about it while cutting out all the bad.

that's absolutely fair, only reason the manga's so much better imo though is because there's more of it- i absolutely loved the characters and their nuances and the manga just has more time to show them off

It definitely has more, but I tend to appreciate concision.

>Dense how?
At first everyone is retarded because they are kids. This is okay.
Then Shouya is too scarred to comprehend that he deserves anything good in life, and a lot of drama happens as a result. Tsuki?
Shouko on the other hand is too dense to realize she is a person, so she sees herself just as a burden instead and acts accordingly. Possibly the only case of moeblob self-awareness in history of anime.

yeah the movie does a wonderful job of getting everything across and doing so clearly, i just wish it was longer at the end of the day because it was just that wonderful, the characters and all

why is the grapist from BnHA in this?

The most cathartic cry in your life.
>"Its going to be okay" -Naoko Yamada

According to Sup Forums this movie is even worse than kizumonogatari

There is a fair share of stuff to criticize, and it is held back by its genre's conventions and cliches, but in spite of that it has some strange force that makes it somehow go beyond all its limitations. By any other creator it could be pure kitsch, but there's a living-ness to the film that makes its forms concrete and its emotions felt. There's a huge change in tone from Yamada's past work, from subtle and slow to radical and overpowering, and it does have a powerful effect. But I still feel Yamada can come to do a better film.

Which conventions and cliches?

>directed by a woman
dropped

Its still very subtle. The OST in particular is very subtle yet powerful.

hows kizumonogatari?

Really good for a few minutes and then they start talking and it's typical Monogatari bullshit for the remainder

Why the FUCK are japs so fucked as to blame a young man for something he did as a little boy.
I did fucked shit too when I was 10 years old, but I was a kid and I didn't know better. Why does no one in this movie recognize that??

Asides from that bit of forced drama, it was pretty good.

A good first and second act but a bad third act.

going to sleep wishing you had a deaf anime girlfriend to protect and cherish

The first ~20 mins are absolutely devastating and have some of the strongest moments i've ever seen in anime. It's overall an amazing movie.

Not romance.

A shitt story about a bully surrounded by shitty people and a deaf mcguffin.

Come back down to Earth, user.

That's not Tsuki ga Kirei though.

Loved Shouko's Mom in the manga.

>the who starts playing
What the fuck is this

It really is a nice message. A very humble kind of redemption story.

An anime movie,

a bunch of side characters that don't matter

All of you are fucking fake as shit

No one has mentioned how strong the suicidal arcs of the characters are throughout the story

If you've ever been bullied or felt socially isolated, this movie will strike an emotional chord with you