Isn't out of character for Naruto to be a shitty father...

Isn't out of character for Naruto to be a shitty father? The dude grew up wanting a family more than anything and treated every friend he ever made like a sibling. Why the fuck would he turn around and ignore his kids when he resented being ignored his entire life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=027bA7P9CcU
youtube.com/watch?v=A5aIiiYHpuc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the Boruto series is an after thought that ignores prior characterization.

Boruto is not canon.

Basically Kishimoto was self inserting as Naruto when writing chapter 700, Gaiden, and the movie. He always had trouble finding time for his kids while writing the manga and his relationship with them suffered.

Now that Kishi is mostly out of the picture SP is doing what they can to fix it (see the Ichiraku episode) but its still stupid.

It's in character for the Ninja World to perpetuate the Cycle of Hatred

I actually think Naruto is doing the best he can. Hokage is a busy job, Boruto should be happy he even gets a shadow clone.

Because Boruto needs to be different, if it were exactly like Boruto's Dad it would suck

Does Orochimaru come back? Do we get Orochimaru children doing Orochimaru child things

Because him fucking Hinata is an unnatural thing in itself, so keep your ooc Naruto

Orochimaru's kid is on the same team as Boruto and Sarada. Konohamaru is their sensei as well. Guess he's not that upset about his grandpa.

Yes.

Yes. That entire subplot is nothing more than forced drama.

The series ended, the world is at peace, Naruto is POTUS, so they had to force some cheesy drama to keep it going.

I call it the Advent Children syndrome.

It could be way worst, OP.

Literally the worst example ever. Literally at the end of the game it's said the earth loves us all but is still mad. Go and finish the game.

>thinking that someone that never had a father would know how to be a good father
>look to your father-in-law for an example
>it's fucking Hyuuga Hiashi

Talking about Cloud.

Nah

Strictly speaking this happened during the Naruto manga, so it doesn't count as Advent Children Syndrome

Yet Cloud was OP against Sephirot. His body was in pain last part of the game on top of that got Material cancer. Did I miss something?

what

because it's shitty fanfiction

>gee how i love my caretaker.. but i wonder what my Real mom is doing now.

Boruto's mad because Naruto paid a lot of attention to him and Himawari until he became Hokage. Even then it's still clear Naruto's not really a bad father and Boruto's just a kid who wants to see his dad.

Naruto has no idea what being a father means, and was bordering on clinical mental disability for the 600-whatever chapters of his youth.

It'd be out of character for him to not fuck it up.

It kinda makes sense since he has the highest-pressure job and never had a dad himself so he doesn't know what exactly a dad should do. What is out of character is how over-traumatized Boruto is, even though other characters who actually don't have a dad at all are even less traumatized.

Naruto doesn't know the first thing about being a father since he never had one. All things considered, he's doing alright.

You were complaining about Naruto getting needed as Cloud right? Or him being an asshole to he other characters?

All those black people without a father grow to be such great fathers.

I thought your Advent Children comment was in reference to how AC reversed Cloud's character development/pretend it didn't happen.

Whereas OP occurred within the Naruto manga

Nerfed*

Bolt?
the fuck is this shit? I know it can be translated this way but if you're going to call Boruto Bolt then you have to call Naruto Nalt and Minato Minute

That's actually realistic, though.

wow this generation is so cute
Did Iruka have kids? Kakashi? Those two background dudes that were always together? Gaara?

>Why the fuck would he turn around and ignore his kids when he resented being ignored his entire life?
More than being ignored, he was alone. Boruto still has a mother and Naruto is alive. This is more than naruto ever had

>tumblr

>Iruka
Nope but he is the principal of the academy now
>Kakashi
Nope
>Those guys
Not as far as we know
>Gaara
He has three adopted kids (pic is them)

naruto was there for most of his life then became hokage you dont see his sister bitching

okay Kakashi not having kids is bullshit

>Gaara adopted kids

They are also cute. Did he just happen to take in kids that looked like his siblings or are they dressed that way purposefully?

Shinki (guy with black cloak) probably got his face paint from Kankuro.

>Isn't out of character for Naruto to be a shitty father?
Yes, but Naruto is actually a great father. Watch the movie or the the anime.
youtube.com/watch?v=027bA7P9CcU
youtube.com/watch?v=A5aIiiYHpuc

About the only conflict Boruto had as a character was getting mad about his daddy not cuddling him enough 24/7 after he became ninja president, but that was pretty much resolved by the end of the Boruto Movie, so Which is why the writing team introduced his new goal of being a shinobi who can support the Hokage like his cool deadbeat uncle Sasuke.

It really isn't. First, Naruto has no clue how a father is supposed to act because he didn't grew with one and he even acknowledges it and says that Boruto can tell that. Second, he has the busiest job in the village. Shitty father is a massive overstatement. Sasuke is an inexcusable shitty father. If he really thinks the safety of the world depends so much on him travelling everywhere he shouldn't have had a kid to begin with. Also don't forget Boruto is at that age.

>adopted
wut?

>Insane clown posse kid on the right

Gaara's too awkward to find a wife. Just look up what happened during his first date with his potential arranged wife in his Hiden novel.

>oohhh, papa's headpat, it's nice to have papa back so I can have lots of headpats!
Little did poor Sarada know that that would be the first and last headpat his father would give to her after he discovered that Naruto had a son.

Naruto got no family love, and look how well he turned out.

You know who got helicoptered with daddy attention? Hinata. You know who hated all that daddy attention? Hinata. You think Hinata is going to let Naruto helicopter his kids the way he wants? You are out of your freaking mind.

So Naruto will mostly have to hold back and watch from afar to keep Hinata happy.

>Naruto has no clue how a father is supposed to act because he didn't grew with one
Who is Iruka

1. Hinata made up with her father.

2. Hinata isn't forcing him away. Naruto's just workaholic.

Hiashi is nothing like Naruto, idiot. Before he was hokage, naruto was a doting father while Hiashi forced his 3yo daughter to train and fight him. He was harsh.

Also
>Naruto got no family love
Ever heard of Iruka?

He grew up without a dad until Jiraiya came into the picture. He's going to act like this plus his job as Hokage comes first.

well anko got fat so he probably didnt want to fuck her anymore

I'm a Hinatafag but I can't deny that she\s just there to give birth to Boruto

Deep down, Naruto just doesn't know how to be a father. He has no one to base a mode of behavior on. Kakashi never tried to raise him. The 3rd looked on from afar. Iruka was a distant sensei until the series began. It's likely he just shoves the parenting off on Hinata because he's afraid of messing up.

Still better than dumbfuck Goku.

>bogposter

This.

>Can make literally thousands of clones.
An an all paper work should be done in at most in hour. Even disregarding this,
>Doesn't just make his clone do this shit why he fucks around with his family, because of how the jutsu works.

When the last star in the universe ceases to fuse, and the remnants of intelligent life are huddled around the stellar husks, desperately absorbing what little heat is left before the final end of usable energy, NaruSakufags will still be mad.

Iruka was a father figure for Naruto, but he didn't actually raise him. There's only so much he could teach Naruto without living with him, and it shows throughout the manga with how socially awkward Naruto is. Also, even Boruto mentions his father was always giving him and Himawari attention until he became ninja super president, so it's not like he wasn't making any effort. Even now, considering how busy and tired he is (because the plot demands it), Naruto still tries to spend time with his kids and even helps in Boruto's training.

>Sasuke goes on mission to save the world
>Naruto immediately wants to abandon his responsibilities and family
Not exactly much better

He has an arranged marriage according to one of the novels, iirc.

That's what I was talking about. The marriage didn't work out because she was already in love with another guy and I think he helps them fake their deaths an escape to live with the Nara clan. But that girls sister becomes his "right hand" which could mean something in the future.

> out of character for Naruto to be a shitty father?

Not really; being the Hokage was always his top priority. When did he ever give more than two-fifths of a shit about raising children?

Also, different individuals will react in different ways to one parenting circumstance (like having no father). You might notice this in 3d...

he was strong enough to have a clone that could defeat kage level opponents

His shadow clones should have been more than capable of doing paper work and meet and greets while he stayed at home

>Sasuke goes on mission to save the world
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>Naruto immediately wants to abandon his responsibilities and family
Naruto didn't know Sasuke's little trip would take 10 fucking useless years, and even in the event he accompanied him the whole way through, he would at least contact his family and the rest of Konoha officials. Just like Naruto being inexplicably busy is just a plot device for Boruto to have a character arc, Sasuke's missions to "save the world" are just a plot contrivance Kishi devised in order to avoid the awkwardness of Sasuke having to interact with his family like a functional adult, and for Sarada to develop daddy issues.

It's just Kishi's projection at play. Though considering Naruto's three father figures (Hiruzen, Kakashi, and Jiraiya) it's not that surprising.

Hey his Grandpa forgave Orochimaru so it's all good.

>His shadow clones should have been more than capable of doing paper work and meet and greets while he stayed at home
The difference resides in the clones doing strenuous mental labor would just accumulate his mental fatigue, as opposed to a bunch of clones used in battle performing extremely simple commands, tripfag. Plus, it has already been explained in this thread that the whole Naruto and Boruto conflict is just a way for Kishi to project his issues into his characters, so of course whatever logical in-universe solution was completely ignored.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

You know despite having more varied skillsets, other than Mitsuki it seems only Shikadai (and that's only if he really does know wind-style) and Sarada are stronger than their parent at similar ages (although Sarada is only stronger than Sakura)

Like I give a maybe to Boruto being able to beat Zabzuba-arc Naruto but only because he demonstrated he has an AoE attack that might be able to take care of the clones. Cause despite Boruto's showings I don't think he has shown enough Taijutsu to say his 4 clones can beat Naruto's 50-100.

Signing your name and reading documents is more mentally straining than fighting for your life in combat against deadly opponents where you have to think on your feet, ration supplies, analyze the situation, and balance chakra?

For most of the series the clones were just meant to go >Run at him with Kunai as a distraction

It also makes sense to have dad issues for a kid at the start and have the audience see him mature after each hardship

And when it comes down to it, Boruto doesn't act like a brat except when the dad is involved

Getting Sarada episode tomorrow, get hyped for more of best girl.

To be honest, I find the kids of the legacy characters mostly boring and completely uninspired, from their designs right down to their jutsu.

>tommorow
literally within the next 3 hours.

What a glorious day when that bomb dropped.

>Best girl

I only see a shit girl and a bland Uchiha shit in that pic. call me when an episode features actual best girl, which is of course Hanabi.

Boruto, Sarada and Chocho grew on me due to their personalities

Shikadai is neutral since it's obviously running gag

Metal and Inojin are currently background characters with speaking roles, like Wasabi and Namida

You might not like it but Uchihas will always be top tier.
>Videogame ova

Uchiha were a mistake
>inb4 t. Danzo
>inb4 t. Tobirama

>that old fanart
Makes me very nostalgic for some reason. The first time I saw this one was probably more than ten years ago.

t. Deidara

Just Madara. Maybe relating the Sharingan with the Rinengan was also a mistake, it killed the whole Pain character with the borrowed eyes shit.

What is it with the trend of loveable childhood characters growing up to be shitty dad's.
Naruto
Ang from Avatar
Even Harry Potters a shit dad

Because they didn't have present parents growing up.

>Uchihas will always be top tier.
At being shits. Nothing good has ever came out of an Uchiha, and Salad is not an exception.

Cry whatever you want but just two of them made the ninja world kneel. Sarada will do it right and with noble intentions.

Harry had Sirius and Naruto had Iruka and Jiraya. They should have been able to figure it out but someone just wanted to milk shitty and easy drama.

>just two of them made the ninja world kneel
Which is why they were a mistake.

Naruto is a good dad. His only mistake was to spoil Boruto too much.

>yfw the new ed only features the 7 kids and none of the anime originals

I just want something that's actually new and original stick

Not this shit again.
>be Naruto just chilling with the wife and kids
>send a bunch of clones to do your paperwork all day
>at the end of the day/week/etc all the clones disperse
>terabytes of information suddenly flood your mind
>go insane as this happens to you every day of your life
Remember when Light got his memories back?
Plus, Naruto wanted to be hokage all his life. He's going to do the job himself.

He has never had any issue with clones getting at him with information before and it often seemed like he was seeing what they saw as they saw it, anyway.

Plus, even if it's his Shadow Clone, it's still him.

>Cry whatever you want but just two of them made the ninja world kneel.
Both were literally tools and useful idiots for a superior entity. Also, Sarada's daddy is the Hokage's errand boy, and she's destined to play second fiddle to Bort. Not much kneeling going on around here, I'm afraid.

We've never seen his clones return to him after taking in tons of information before. You don't need to remember how a battle went but you do constantly think about the statistics of the 50 different shinobi you assigned to which villages etc.

And no, he only receives the info once the clone disperses.

>Also, Sarada's daddy is the Hokage's errand boy, and she's destined to play second fiddle to Bort
You should figure out the way it goes firdt, whether shadow is Hokage's errand boy or the other way around, because Boruto will be her shadow.