Was America better in the 80's?

Was America better in the 80's?

youtu.be/whZuz5Dwtw8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3jznBI_tOrs
youtube.com/watch?v=5rYXcmVSeBU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like Australia in 2000, but now it's all gone, too many migrants. At least you still have your beer.

Yes. I miss the 80s and wish I'd appreciated them more at the time.

No

And at least you still have Zizek. I get the feeling that fat fuck is going to live forever.

The man at 3:48

Truly a visionary.

yes, fuck yes...I would still be there if it were like how it was in the 80's

>looks like Australia in 2000
Go to the right/wrong places and this is Australia 2018

>takes acid
>gets dumber
you have to be a special kind of person

it was better in the 50's, under a jew

Yes. The 80s were a great time to grow up. The last decade of true innocence before the rise of technology took the fun out of actually living, and made everything much shittier. If you didn’t grow up in it, you’d never understand.

I like computers though. But yeah 80's we're alright if you weren't stuck in a factory 24/7.

I work security now and all I so it sit and watch YouTube videos. I would be bored sick in the 80's with a newspaper.

Yes cause white kids back then were still able to enjoy things without needing to include the non-whites, retards and queers in the mix.

everyone was on heroin back in the 1980s... just like now

>a negress acting civilized and qt

Aside from the (((graffitti))) those were better times user.

yeah, people did shit or read books, probably better than shitposting online all day

That and when there were blacks and the like they acted normally and didn't whine about racism. People got along, and then the '90s happened..

not just America.

It was, but as history proves for us, it was also not really "awake." I question if America is there, now, or if there should be more time.

I went to Japan on a class trip in the early 90's. It was like taking a trip to the future. Tokyo in the 80's must have been fucken amazing!

nice numbers btw

AIDS, fags fagging everywhere, nigs nogging everywhere, fags nogging everywhere, nogs fagging everywhere, fags AIDSing everywhere, nogs AIDSing everywhere, money finally is completely worthless, degeneration, drugs,

I'm old enough to remember the late 80s, and I'd say there have been three stages where culture and western society in general got substantially worse. The first was in the late 90s. I can't point to anything specific, but everything started to feel really superficial and corporate around that time. Then there was the rise of normies on the internet with Facebook and smart phones around 2006-2007. Then there was the rise of SJW culture in 2012, culminating in the shitfest that was Gamergate in 2014.

I don't see 9/11 being as big of a turning point as other people do, but that might be because I'm not American. The whole Bush era and the rise of neocons did turn a lot of people against conservatives though, and it was around that time that the news started to consist purely of political propaganda against the right.

Thread theme

youtu.be/3jznBI_tOrs

In america the working poor were steadily losing jobs. Also the collapse of 2008 and the part where you couldn't get a job for the next ten years.

I remember in the mid 90's all of the mom & pop stores drying up. I saw ti in Portland, OR and my friends saw it in Minneapolis, MN. The late 90's is when the hedge funds blew up. Clinton and his minion Reich let all of the major companies destroy the small businesses, and shipped all fo our manufacturing overseas.

The late 80's early 90's was also the peak of creativity in entertainment and shopping. The Simpsons, Twin Peaks, Married with Children.

What is really weird is that time has stopped. Watch a movie from 1993, and look at the way people dressed and their hairstyles. It is exactly the same as today. Nothing has changed. When in American history have three decades gone by and fashion has not changed a bit?

I was born in 70 in Detroit. /pol is an electronic version of my childhood. Everyone who wasn’t hardcore was called a fag, niggers were called niggers, women were women and you could pickup chicks without worry of micro aggressions. The 80s were awesome!

good times, the medias fucked this world.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rYXcmVSeBU

>Watch a movie from 1993, and look at the way people dressed and their hairstyles. It is exactly the same as today.
I can't say I agree. If you were talking about the end of the 90s, you'll find a lot of similarities to what working class people wear today, but the early 90s had very different fashion from today.
The 2000s and 2010s also saw a rise of a lot shit people wouldn't be caught dead in in the 90s, particularly skinny jeans and all the other effeminate shit that goes with it. Overall, I'd say fashion has changed drastically outside the working class.

In the 80's we had plenty of fat, ugly, shrill women with weirdly colored hair and stupid glasses screaming about how everyone else is evil while their dickless mangina husbands stood by. But back in the 80's they were right wing conservative Christians instead of left wing liberal Communists, and they hated heavy metal and Dungeons & Dragons instead of patriarchy and rape culture.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

We had them in the 90s as well, and it made me realize how much I miss them, because they were really fucking ineffectual and no one gave a fuck about what they said.
I'd take them over the left-wing harpies any day, considering the former were simply an annoyance, while the latter are destroying society.