Minnesota to Violate the SHIT out of the Second Amendment

revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?session=ls90&number=HF3022&session_number=0&session_year=2017&version=list
Sec. 7.
Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.712, subdivision 6, is amended to read:
Subd. 6. Transfer.
"Transfer" means a sale, gift, loan, assignment or other delivery to
another, whether or not for consideration, of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault
weapon firearm or the frame or receiver of a pistol or semiautomatic military-style assault
weapon firearm.
Sec. 8.
Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.712, subdivision 7, is amended to read:
Subd. 7. Semiautomatic military-style Assault weapon.
(2) any firearm that is another model made by the same manufacturer as one of the
firearms listed in clause (1), and has the same action design as one of the listed firearms,
and is a redesigned, renamed, or renumbered version of one of the firearms listed in clause
(1), or has a slight modification or enhancement, including but not limited to a folding or
retractable stock; adjustable sight; case deflector for left-handed shooters; shorter barrel;
wooden, plastic, or metal stock; larger clip size; different caliber; or a bayonet mount; and
(3) any firearm that has been manufactured or sold by another company under a licensing
agreement with a manufacturer of one of the firearms listed in clause (1) entered into after
the effective date of Laws 1993, chapter 326, to manufacture or sell firearms that are identical
or nearly identical to those listed in clause (1), or described in clause (2), regardless of the
company of production or country of origin.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2018/2/27/17054740/palantir-predictive-policing-tool-new-orleans-nopd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The weapons listed in clause (1), except those listed in items (iii), (ix), (x), (xiv), and
(xv), are the weapons the importation of which was barred by the Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, and Firearms of the United States Department of the Treasury in July 1989.
Except as otherwise specifically provided in paragraph (d), a firearm is not a
"semiautomatic military-style assault weapon" if it is generally recognized as particularly
suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes under United States Code, title 18,
section 925, paragraph (d)(3), or any regulations adopted pursuant to that law.
(1) semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
one or more of the following:
(i) a pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
(ii) any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the
nontrigger hand;
(iii) a folding or telescoping stock; or
(iv) a shroud attached to the barrel or that partially or completely encircles the barrel
allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
excluding a slide that encloses the barrel;
(2) semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire, or rimfire rifle with a fixed
magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than seven rounds of ammunition;
(3) semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has
one or more of the following:
(i) any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the
nontrigger hand;
(ii) a folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock;
(iii) a shroud attached to the barrel or that partially or completely encircles the barrel
allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but
excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; or
(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at any location outside of the pistol
grip;

(4) semiautomatic shotgun that has one or more of the following:
(i) a pistol grip or thumbhole stock;
(ii) any feature capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the
nontrigger hand;
(iii) a folding or telescoping stock;
(iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds; or
(v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine;
(5) shotgun with a revolving cylinder; or
(6) conversion kit, part, or combination of parts from which an assault weapon can be
assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person.
(b) Assault weapon does not include any firearm that has been made permanently
inoperable.

And what makes you think this'll pass?
Lots of MN democrats are pro-gun.

I absolutely fucking hope not.

HA

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales.

(a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
making the sale requires the buyer:

(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and

(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.

(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
by any authorized law enforcement agency.

IT'S ALL SHIT ALL OF IT EVEEYTHING EVERYWHERE!!!!

Well fuck
goodbye private sales

hope it doesn't pass

This is disheartening.

Am i the only one hoping this would pass just so we could watch the state get violently raped to death by the federal court for obviously shitting on the second amendment?

This.

I hate it but holy fuck it would be funny to see it actually do get passed just for the state to get fucked to no end that would make Oklahoma state not look like a poor broken ass state. It would be hilarious to see the state go completely under.

Looks ok to me

You'll learn to live with it. Your culture isn't that well defined yet so this too shall pass.

>amount sold
SHALL

Unfortunately, Ginsburg needs to die first.

Kennedy has cucked out, which is why they keep denying cert on gun cases.

Welp, I guess it's all over. Time to vote #proguncontrol.

>adjustable sight; case deflector for left-handed shooters
>having the ability to adjust sights is the feature of assault weapons
what

But it legally cannot be enforced.

This is literally damn near all guns.

Can we hurry up and just restart this bloated, rotting corpse of country already?

Hopefully it dies in committee. If this actually passes I'm moving to Utah to be with my people.

Not many mormons in MN.

You're welcome here in WI.

What is the effect of this law. It doesn't seem like they're banning all these guns, just redefining them so that they get banned if an assault weapons ban passes in 2 years when Dems get the house and Senate back.

hello neighbor, i enjoy your low alcohol taxes. Fun fact if I get caught with to much wisconsin stuff Iowa cops will pick me up and ticket me for bootlegging

Armstrong did nothing wrong.

Washington state has dropped the "assault rifle" name because of the scrutiny and now call them "semi auto rifles and shotguns with tactical features" and wants to prohibit sale to those under 21.

Damn son.

Well, there's always sales going on for booze at my local grocery store.

>Damn son.
aye, i live near the river border and hop across for cheap beer and burgers and cheese curds. although iowa dont like me tax dodging like that

MINNESOTA ALREADY HAS LOW CRIME
MINNESOTA ALREADY HAS RICH PEOPLE
MINNESOTA ALREADY HAS GOOD ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH CARE
MINNESOTA ALREADY HAS LOW POVERTY RATES
MINNESOTA ALREADY HAS GOOD ACCESS TO EDUCATION

SO

NOW THAT THIS HAS PASSED MARYLAND WILL BE ABLE TO SAY "LOOK AT HOW LITTLE GUN VIOLENCE WE HAVE AFTER THE BILL WAS PASSED! GUN CONTROL WORKS!" IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE DATA WAS BEFORE HAND! THEY WILL USE THIS PASS BILLS LIKE IT IN THE FUTURE!
YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NOW!

>NOW THAT THIS HAS PASSED
it hasnt yet you idiot, not even out of committee, if it ever gets out

Banning private sales and changing the language to better fit "Salt Wehpun" frenzy.

IT WILL! They have all the money and momentum now. It's happening. FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

You’re not stuck in Dubuque are you? If so, my sympathies.

>Dubuque
fuck no, I am from farther north.

Holy fuck we are probably neighbors. Decorah here. Should I get my M PR before prices skyrocket or shit gets banned?

>Decorah
Oh shit...

Martin?

no, i am from there, and am a shut in, but fuck luther college

Lol I am a semi native. Actually from Lime Springs originally but you just kind of migrate towards the jobs, you know.

aye, i left decorah tho, still in this corner of the state somewhere that cannot be found, to fucking expensive with all the yuppie uppity liberals moving in and turning it into their personal gated community and making everything more expensive so i left

Literally every bolt action from the dawn of tim has had adjustable sights

Heyyy I'm fucking stuck in Dubuque.

Way to fucking close to home
t. wisconsin

do yourself a favor and blow the bridges from illinois, stop the chicago nogs from coming in

Because they're planning to suspend floor rules to ram it through. SAFE act all over again.

Oh trust me I fucking want to, the cops here would probably help me too.

I keep telling you guys that our enemies network together and try and set precedents for each other, but nobody seems to want to hear it.

also torch the north side

they already tried this and failed, so the repubs know they are trying this

Nah. I've already talked to 4 DFL reps in person. NONE of the upstate Democrats are for this, or any other gun grabbing bills, even the one that does SUPPORT the bill's language says he won't vote for it because his constituents don't support it and Trump won big in his district.

>Banning private sales
Literally how do they expect this to work. Every time I point out to somebody that such a law is impossible to enforce, they just ignore that entire aspect and insist on it anyways.
>The government needs to ban transactions that they don’t even know are happening and have no way whatsoever of proving occurred after the fact

They're all destroying it themselves. Shame they arent killing eachother fast enough.

they also stink up the place

In what way does it violate the second? None of the restrictions on features/functions in other states have been struck down. Is there something specific about the constitutionality of banning private sales?

>inb4 SHALL

Agree with you but was interested in this section:

(b) A person described in paragraph (a) shall comply with all of the following:

(2) agree to allow the agency to inspect the storage of the weapon to ensure compliance
with this subdivision;

Don't know if I've seen this one implemented in other states but wouldn't this overstep amendment 4 pretty hard?

>implying anyone's rights matter anymore when the police can just execute you in a no knock raid in the middle of the night and say sorry it was the wrong house

Something should be done, absolutely, but this will not pass. It is not meant to pass.

Guncontrol is their midterm talking point. Bank on it. They don't have shit to say about a rather strong economy and other issues, so they'll latch onto this. And what makes a better platform than "Those psychopaths had a chance to pass a law that could save the lives of HUNDREDS of children! YOUR children! Get them out NOW!" At which point they won't really do much, maybe attempt to ban a few things because they don't want to throw away their talking point. Just like they don't want to budge on any direction with DACA. It's a talking point to them and the longer it's around or an issue, the higher chances they have of being elected are.

>tactical feature
Even more meaningless than 'military style' or 'assault rifle'

Tactical dildo? W-wait. Could they ban dildos if I attach one to an AR? They couldn't do this right guys? guys?

New Orleans Secretly Tests Predictive Policing Tech

Palantir has secretly been using New Orleans to test its predictive policing technology

The Verge - February 27, 2018 5 Comments

New Orleans Secretly Tests Predictive Policing Tech
Image Credits: flickr, pasfam.
8

0

0

In May and June 2013, when New Orleans’ murder rate was the sixth-highest in the United States, the Orleans Parish district attorney handed down two landmark racketeering indictments against dozens of men accused of membership in two violent Central City drug trafficking gangs, 3NG and the 110ers. Members of both gangs stood accused of committing 25 murders as well as several attempted killings and armed robberies.

Subsequent investigations by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and local agencies produced further RICO indictments, including that of a 22-year-old man named Evans “Easy” Lewis, a member of a gang called the 39ers who was accused of participating in a drug distribution ring and several murders.

According to Ronal Serpas, the department’s chief at the time, one of the tools used by the New Orleans Police Department to identify members of gangs like 3NG and the 39ers came from the Silicon Valley company Palantir. The company provided software to a secretive NOPD program that traced people’s ties to other gang members, outlined criminal histories, analyzed social media, and predicted the likelihood that individuals would commit violence or become a victim. As part of the discovery process in Lewis’ trial, the government turned over more than 60,000 pages of documents detailing evidence gathered against him from confidential informants, ballistics, and other sources — but they made no mention of the NOPD’s partnership with Palantir, according to a source familiar with the 39ers trial.

Read more

Unironically give it 20 years till america is gun free, or at least handgun only.

This was written by a school teacher that admitted she's never hunted in her life, knows nothing about hunting, doesn't own any gun for self defense, and has a thing against men who divorce women with a young child around.

She's literally just trying to force her hate for men and guns into a law and it's probably going to have her lose the next election she's in.

>bans all magazine sizes over 10
>essentially bans all pistols with an underrail system
>bans all guns with an internal magazine which can accept more than 7 rounds, even the fucking m1 garand would be banned by this law
No matter what you say about heller allowing certain types of bans, fact is that this would ban over two thirds of all guns in Minnesota and would get raped by the courts.

This was designed to fail
However, realize that this is their end goal. This is what they want, and this is what they want to get to step by step, the person probably wrote it as a preview of what they hope to one day pass. They'd go even further than this if it wasn't "for that pesky bill of rights"

BUT /K/ TOLD ME THAT 922R DIDN'T MEAN ANYTHING AND WOULDN'T BE USED AS A PRECEDENT!!!!!!

theverge.com/2018/2/27/17054740/palantir-predictive-policing-tool-new-orleans-nopd

If you do not think that same thing has been applied to gun owners, bloggers, sellers, reviewers, buyers or even casual renters. You are woefully ignorant of what is going on behind the scenes.

Kennedy sided with the majority in both Heller and McDonald.

That's how the cycle works. You purpose a flawed, "horrible" bill that gets show down. Then you propose a new "fixed" bill that if the other party refuses to accept you can then derride them for not working with you, bemoaning the effort you put into making the new "fixed" bill. Repeat this cycle until you either achieve what you want or get so close as to be indistinguishable from what you did want. It is just how politics work, and both sides do it.

it doesn't matter 4 or five of them racially are the same as Ginsburg even the mexican chick

So? California has banned guns simply because they don't have a technology that doesn't exist (microstamping).

And California is an unconstitutional shithole what's your point?

how optimistic of you

As a Minnesotan I'm fucking pissed that this was even proposed in the first place.
The gun culture here has always been very relaxed and gun related crimes here are fairly rare.
I mean fuck we literally just made suppressors legal here only a couple of years ago, and now this bitch wants to prohibit them again.
With the popularity of hunting and shooting sports here in general, I highly doubt this is going to gain any traction.

What I find utterly hilarious is the fact that Minnesota is proposing this legislation with nearly same exact gun homicide rate as Australia even though we have about 5 times the amount of fire arms circulating here.

Murder rate of 1.6 per 100,000 and gun murder rate of 1.0 per 100,000

I didn't want to fight him. I wanted to hear more of his plan. It was both batshit and brilliant.

Ok
>...being necessary to the SECURITY of a FREE State, the RIGHT of the PEOPLE...