17 Years ago, Second Impact occured

Look at this neckless fuck

They were only off by 363 days. 2spooky.

Man, I fucking WISH

Angels are so cute

Same but for different reasons.
The only chance I will ever get to use my entire skillset, without getting tasked with something a computer could do better, is if aliens attempt to destroy the earth.

Nah, my country is one of the ones destroyed during the Impact. I'm a simple man.

And 2 years ago, thirdo impacto happened yet, we're still here

Or are we??

>implying we're not all dreaming in instrumentality

Sorry to break your bubble but this is the Instrumentality man

It's weird to me that we never got to see Adam's true form.

In all likelihood it's just like unarmored Unit 01

seems shit, fucking Ikari

OP's pic probably is Adam's true form. Eva does borrow a bit form kabbalah, and there we don't just have Adam Ha-Rishon, the first physical man, but also and far mroe importantly Adam Kadmon, the first entrance of divine will into what will become creation, and (as man was wrought in God's image) the truly primordial man. Beyond the basic anthropomorphic idea, Adam Kadmon has no shape or vessel, but is instead pure divine light. In this case a vaguely human-shaped giant of light.

That is Adam's true form. A giant of light just like Lilith.
Or maybe his true form is just a giant Kaworu like we see in EoE.

Based on how Gendo calls Adam the first human and how he's the ideal man, and whatnot.
I think his true form is just a giant Kaworu.
Same as how Lilith's true form is probably just a giant Rei. The white bodies we see are just their soulless husks. With the souls they change to their true forms.

>and how he's the ideal man
Adam Kadmon is also known as Adam Ila'a, the Supeme Man.

Adam ha Rishon on the other hand is the common soul. It's the source of it all, and the flawed thing that strives towards completion. So this is not the Adam of Eva, but rather Lilim.

However Adam has also been described as Jesus, with eyes of fire and hair as white as snow.
They may have taken ideas from both Adams, not just one exclusively.

Anno must have read the Bible. This is too much to be coincidence.

Second Impact is really underrated it's the only time Sean was good.

What?

Of course he did. He didn't adapt it perfectly, but he 100% read it.

It's just odd to me because most of this stuff is from the old testament, Judaism and Kabbalah. I would think it would be very hard to find a Japanese translation in Japan. At least one accurate enough to copy it into the show of this extent.

On the one hand, evangelism means religious texts have a strong push to get them widely translated. On the other hand, Judaism isn't big on the proselytizing, and isn't big in Japan at all. Maybe being so obscure is why Anno found it interesting?

Perhaps, but I just can't imagine where Anno would have come across it in the first place. He doesn't seem that interested in Western culture or society at all. Or even religion for that matter.

Is it something he researched specifically for Eva? Or maybe it was something he knew since his college years.

What would happen if an angel had actually made contact with Lilith? We find out later on that an impact can only occur if an angel merges with Adam, so does nothing happen with Lilith?

REMINDER

>What would happen if an angel had actually made contact with Lilith?

He would have killed Lilith's body, she didn't even have a soul she could fight back with.
And once Lilith is dead, instrumentality can only go in the favor of the angels, so it basically dooms humanity to 100% lose.

there is no need for that image to be 1440 wide.

That makes no sense. Angels didn't want instrumentality and had no awareness of who Lilith was except Kaworu/Adam.

Freud was a hack that has been disproven repeatedly.

Anno is a hack too

Vagina eye

I mean, I agree, but it's more effective to attack the source than attack the symptom. Anno actually believed Freud's bullshit.

Why...?

>Angels didn't want instrumentality
Angels wanted a pro-angel instrumentality.
SEELE lied to Kaworu and told him he would help them get that, I dunno specifically what they were going to do to trick him though.

Freud has never been refuted or 'disproved', liberal academia is angry at him because the ideas he forward are at odds with leftist ideas which say everyone is the same.

Those are just slanted gook eyes.

I doubt it. I think he just wanted to add cool obcure pretentious shit into the Anime.

Pen-pen is Adam

>Angels wanted a pro-angel instrumentality.
No, they did not. That makes no sense. Do you not know the meaning of instrumentality?
They are merely children who wanted to join back with their mother Adam.
SEELE lied to Kaworu saying they thought he and his angels should reclaim the world as their rightful place. But Kaworu's smug smile after they leave show he's perfectly aware they're lying to him.
He goes down to be entrapped in Dogma of his own volition, he had his own agenda.

>leftist ideas which say everyone is the same.
>All humans are incestual pedophiles per their genetics

Freud was the biggest leftist of them all.

This is a actual (((evageeks))) theory. It's clear PenPen doesn't have the genetics of a standard macaroni penguin.

>>All humans are incestual pedophiles per their genetics
You haven't posted anything unsupported by data so far

Kaworu even had no intention to unite with Lillith when he found her. He had no actual desire to start an Impact.

He is also very individualistic, not a herd penguin.

Lilin are super collaborators, angels are hardcore individuals.
This settles is, penpen is an angel.
But what was his plan?

>Freud was the biggest leftist of them all

Did I stutter?

>But what was his plan?

He had the humans right where he wanted them.
Feeding him lots of fish every day.

Alright, listen up.
Kaworu's plan was to merge with his real body, Adam, and use it to give Shinji what he wants.

But Kaworu descends to Central Dogma and realizes that what Nerv was opsec-ing as 'Adam' is actually Lilith.

Lilith's body is humanity's sole key to instrumentality.
Actually, eva-01 could do it too but Shinji is too depressed to make that work.

But anyway, Lilith's body is the key for humanity to win.
If Kaworu or another angel destroyed her body, humanity would inevitably lose, either to the ever-evolving angels or to an angel-initiated Impact.

So Kaworu left Lilith alone. He knew humanity's plan was to use her to initiate a humanity-favored instrumentality.
He also knows Rei, and I think he realized that she, too, wanted to make Shinji happy. So he left it to her.

>But what was his plan?

To mate with human women.

>kaji unironically cuckolded by a waterfowl

Giving Shinji what he wants with Adam's body would rip Shinji in half.

kek

>Asuka unironically cuckolded by Kaji

Asuka is simply cuckolded by the universe.

All those dubs

Asuka is the universe's biggest cuck confirmed.

I like the way Shinji's eyes glisten in that scene.
Literal dokidoki eyes. What is he feeling? Try to imagine.

Considering the way he's looking at her I find it hard to believe that he only wants to sexually exploit her like says.

>Literal dokidoki eyes. What is he feeling?

Terror and guilt. Then contempt after cucksuka starts crying for momma

Today is Kaworu's birthday and the anniversary of Second Impact.

>Yes I'm telling you to go without lunch you ungrateful whore.

I am literally Ikari Shinji.

He is turning 17 this year

Well Mr. Ikari Shinji, I think you should buy Skyrim (R) for Nintendo (R) Switch (tm) for your enjoyment when you're not out rescuing Asuka from her own incompetence.

That's mean! Asuka is a growing girl, so she needs her nutrition.

Jesus, this reads like a megalomaniac's speech.
I need to read the fucking Bible.

>Then get off your ass and make your own lunch. Maybe do your homework while you're at it, and your grades wouldn't be so shit, you incompetent bimbo.

Would Asuka be happier if she was dating Kaworu?

No, because Kaworu is self sufficient and independent, so Asuka wouldn't have a white knight to idolize and worship her.

No, you don't understand.
She is entitled to a tasty lunch made fresh by baka-Shinji every day.
It's one of the perks of being Asuka.

Why is he kissing with his eyes open?
Is this guy some kind of alien?

Isn't 01 the only clone of Lilith though

Friendly reminder that Kaworu never loved shinji and only used him to get acces to central dogma.

>It's one of the perks of being Asuka

>One of the other perks of being Asuka

I like how Asuka's Asukas look.

The animaton is very kooky in that episode

Satan's wrong yet again. Once Kaworu got to dogma, he had no interest in being there.

Asuka is actually the only member of the cast still 'alive' other then Shinji at the end of the series.
She even kicked over the gravepost he made for her.

>Pictured: Asuka being incompetent again.

Misato's gravemarker still standing strong with her necklace nailed to it.

Because Rei brought her back. Asuka died long before Instrumentality started.

Ironic. In the end, she couldn't even save herself.

Asuka 1v9'd state of the art EVAs armed with lances of longinus. Oh, and she only had a minute of power in her battery. She's the greatest pilot in Evangelion by a landslide.
Of course they revived themselves with the mary sue immortality engine given to them by the jews.
But she still beat them fair and square, and would've continued to do so if she herself had an S2 engine.

I never understood why on most scenes she has relatively big tiddies but when she's in her plugsuit, she has smaller tiddies.

Were there any Abrahamic sects or philosophers in history whose love for Jesus came in a desperate holistic form (i.e. both physically, even sexually, as well as mentally; worldly as well as spiritually; etc)

The kind of extremely lonely (if not solipsistic) love and desperation for salvation that you see Shinji feels towards Kaworu.

Otherwise I have to think Kaworu is a world-historical innovation here. He is the Christ figure, yet contrary to Christian tradition the viewer/Shinji's desire for salvation is bodily/individualistic/realist as well as spiritual.

>Asuka 1v9'd state of the art EVAs

Because they were playing with their food. They never once saw her as a threat. They were toying with their prey, as predators are known to do.

It depends on which animation director drew her.
Look at the size of her breasts in However, in all 'important' scenes such as EoE's final her breasts are enormous, easily G or F cups.

They're very saggy

Why can we all just get a long instead of fighting all the time?

I hate myself, that's why I hate everyone.

Because muh at feilds cause us suffering and pain

Because Asuka keeps being a belligerent asshole.

> Loving yourself.
Only self centered faggots do this.

I hated EVA before doing acid

i guess misato won since shinji's wearing her necklace

Your pic related was mostly illustrative of how Q emphasized those things in Kaworu, but the alignment between Adam and Jesus is very relevant.

Hang on, where the fuck is 01's mouth?

You didn't see Unit 01's true face, either. That skin is synthetic, it's the bag they stretched over it.

Haven't you ever heard of the Brides of Christ?

Poor Adam got all his angel pets killed