Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of Kimi No Nawa?

now that the dust has settled, what do we think of Kimi No Nawa?

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/25907/Glass_no_Hana_to_Kowasu_Sekai
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>we

>Nawa

>Nawa
It was OK but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. The guy fondling the breasts during their body swap was legit.

it was ok, but overhyped.

Sup Forums is one person, haven't you heard

This movie is actually about rope, no memes.

It was great.

Best anime movie of the last 10 years.

Visually appealing and cute, by no means a GOAT but also not bad. Good but not great.

Honestly a pretty forgettable movie. I can't really distinguish it from the plethora of other mediocre anime movies I've seen like that one movie about the virus girls.

Arguably the greatest love story since Toradora.
Emotional rollercoster, had me crying a few times.
There's nothing more romantic than a guy losing for her lost love before he even had the chance to answer her love.

It was okay but nothing special.

It's all the fucking same Shinkai shit. 7/10 for the visuals, I guess.

It's the first time Shinkai managed to have an actual plot in one of his movies, that's pretty impressive.

Also it could have been better if it focused on body swap shenanigans but the swap to disaster movie half way through lost me. Characters needed to be fleshed out way more, especially Taki. We don't even know who he is by the end of the movie.

After all the hype died down, it was pretty forgettable, at least for me. I really enjoyed the animation, but that's really it. Also the whole love story just didn't convince me.

I'm 20 mins into the BD and that was from 2 weeks ago. I just can't get into it.

The ebin twist was complety retarded. The visuals where good but i couldn't forgive Shinkai for not even mentioning the most basic BS like them not even looking at the date.

best 2016 movie according to Sup Forums

Animations and backgrounds were mostly good, characterization during the first part was alright but it went to total shit later on and was honestly frustrating to watch. I also didn't cry once despite the garbage over the top music accompanying people dramatically cycling/running up mountains.

Honestly the greatest love story since Oreimo.

/thread

It felt like a really long ad to promote the Radwimps and their music.

Instead of
>Dust has settled

you should say
>I have watched the movie too.

It was good, but mainly because it was done really well and not for the story. If another director had tried to make a body swap time travel supernatural romance comedy drama like this it would have been shit.

If someone asks for me for an anime that's both enjoyable and insufferably full of modern anime cliches I'd suggest this one.

It was erased but with better animation and shorter run time

A masterpiece

THIS

good early pace then they kinda rushed the character developement good background

>wuz

>switchin'

The animation was great, but the characters and story fell flat, especially in the second half.

>virus girls
Is it about cute anthromorphized virus girls doing stuff or something

myanimelist.net/anime/25907/Glass_no_Hana_to_Kowasu_Sekai

do you have the poll link?

this desu

No

>only 84 people on Sup Forums
What the fuck happened?

>KnK
>last place

That means it's the best one

KNK is good but Kino Sekai and Kino no na wa are masterpieces. Kizu is shit.

literally the best movie I have ever seen not even memeing
after I watched it I couldn't get it out of my head for like a week and I was unable to appreciate any other media because it didn't come close
I've seen clannad, 5 centimeters per second, kotonoha no niwa, anohana, the girl who leapt through time, and they're all terrific but they can't even begin to compete

Thanks!

What didn't you like about Kizu?

kangs

>kangs

the girl who leapt through time is above all of those you listed

Am i the only one who fucking hates this movie because of that scene where the dude drinks the fermented spit of the girl? I didnt need to watch that...

I actually found The anthem of the heart and the girl who leapt through time to be a bit better.

>keit ai

>yuck girl cooties

The girl who leapt through time is a complete meme like every Hosoda movie. The only decent thing he's made is Wolf Children and even that is just alright.

>you will never drink Mitsuha's fermented spit
Why live?

No that was the only part I liked. My life goal is now to drink an anime girl's kuchikamizake

Who here owns the BD set? I got the collector's edition and thought that would have been enough to satisfy me, but I realized too late that Toho had the best exclusives, even though it would require a middleman.

>musubi

the non reddit part of it doesn't participate in this trash so i guess number this low is something to uphold

Flawless production values yet becomes worse after first half.

>720p
>60fps

Overrated shit

I didnt know it was possible to be this gay. That scene was so erotic and not even in a dirty way, in a beautiful way

the only complaint I have is the ending, I felt really deprived of conclusion, I really wanted to see them get together and be happy for at least like 90 seconds, but I suppose that's what you get with Shinkai and his fetish for ambiguous endings and romantic longing

7/10 best I can do. would have been less if not for the breast fondling

amazing if you like shinkai. probably his best.

>how are you so gay user
>the scene was erotic in a beautiful non kinky way

Koe no Katachi was better

>wow its really faggy to enjoy artful romance depicted between a man and a woman
Guess i suck dick now

If you wouldnt drink your woman's kuchikamizake you are a hopeless permavirgin faggot

Nope, it was 10/10. I went in expecting a masterpiece and still got blown away.

Agreed one of my favorite movies all time

>his fetish for ambiguous endings
There's nothing ambiguous at all in the ending. They end up together because fate Musubi willed it. The end. He didn't need to show even one fucking second more to make the point clear.

I wish it was more ambiguous. The ending felt like it tried way too hard to be happy. Honestly it should have ended with them meeting like normal people who don't know each other whatsoever.

If you can overlook its flaws, it's fantastic.
I can see how people get riled up over not looking at dates and all though but I still think it's pretty trivial to do so.

I hated the ending because they baited that they wouldn't see each other or they'd be seperated like 3 times before finally going for the happy ending. That shit was annoying

It's not trivial, there's absolutely no way it would be possible to not notice the difference in dates. It's a plot hole so massive it breaks the movie

Yeah it is really faggy what kind of man puts himself through shit like this? Go ahead and keep drinking your waifus spit while i do the favour of giving her the offspring she deserves.

I don't understand how he didn't remember the damn town's name.
Its one thing to forget the disaster because Musubi bullshit but to not remember the town he's spent literally weeks in, yet remembers all the little details of the town and Mitsuha's name?

Much better than most garbage seasonal anime we get today.

I'm secretly hoping normalfags overtake anime because things are only looking worse.

It didn't though. Knowing the time difference has no meaning without knowing about the comet, and obviously Mitsuha can't know about a future event while Taki does not remember the comet due to his innate present memory, the lack of hints that foreshadow it, or the specifics on where it landed and its negative impact. There was nothing they could have done even if they found out about the difference, and since they forget details due to the dream-like state of their bodyswaps, it really is trivial. A bit of a headache, yes, but doesn't damage the film whatsoever.

I thought we already agreed that when they switch bodies, it's like being a dream-like foggy state.

It's repeatedly stated that they feel in a dreamlike state whenever they switch. Do you remember the most minute details of your dreams?

It's contrived sure, but in no way breaks the movie.

Yeah but he conveniently remembers all the other little bits. Just not the one that was most important and plot relevant.

Fun first half followed by a "save the girl" second half that feels flat because their relationship isn't explored and Taki is bland. Visuals were nice but not as creative as Shinkai's other things. Overall message is pretty simple but well executed. It's a good movie, but nothing spectacular.

Koe no Katachi was better, barely.

I absolutely loved it, it's one of the only movies I've ever seen that made me cry and it was stuck in my head for days after I watched it. I even spent an irresponsible sum of money buying the 5 disc CE when it came out.

is mitsuha not used goods at the end?

I enjoyed it. I thought the first third or so was slow, but the rest was pretty good.

why would she be?

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

She took like a dozen dicks in those three years.

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Threadly reminder that for every Keit-ai post a mod deletes, Kimi no Na wa gets an extra $100,000 on its gross profits.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$354 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

>tfw saw it multiple times in theaters, including once with another Sup Forumsnon

Did you suck his dick?

I saw it thrice thanks to Sup Forumsnons' recommendations, and each new viewing made me sadder than the previous time. The April screening threads were the comfiest and raised my spirits up.

Why would you watch something that would just put a hole in your heart every time?

It doesn't put a hole in your heart, it lifts your spirits and imbues you with a sense of hopefulness

Not him but personally it felt like they removed everything that made Monogatari fun and just made a normal anime instead.