Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS

Place your bets people, who will win?
Yusaku or Akira

Episode 19: 闇に葬られし事件 – Yami ni Hōmurareshi Jiken
(The Incident Buried in the Darkness)
Akira skillfully uses his Tindangle deck to fight against Playmaker. Playmaker also fights back with his Cyberses. As their fierce battle rages on, Akira starts talking about the incident ten years ago. At last, Yusaku’s past is finally unveiled…

Cast:
Fujiki Yusaku/Playmaker: Ishige Shoya
Ai: Sakurai Takahiro
Kusanagi Shoichi: Kimura Subaru
Zaizen Aoi/Blue Angel: Nakashima Yuki
Bessho Emma/Ghost Girl: Kamakura Yuna
Zaizen Akira: Yamamoto Shoma
Kitamura: Kato Masayuki
Extras

Script: 吉田伸 || Yoshida Shin

>I will give you Ignis if I lose
gee, real hard to figure out who'll win

This is the niconico rank from the most recent episode on nico (the one which Blue angel duel the A.I)

It jumped like, 9% from ep16 to ep17
I think if yusaku past reveal is actually good and delivers the hype
We may get 97% which is a fucking record to YGO

The only real chance for Yusaku losing is probably around episodes 24-26 as the closer for the 2nd cour

take a clue, he means who is going to win Emma

Akira is what every male should strive to be. Akira is /ourguy/.

>hurr durr you don't get to find out about your past because I worked for the yakuza or some shit
I honestly don't get why he was surprised that Playmaker was willing to fight.

I stil hope Arc-V was the pilot and we'll get legacy MCs on AI form.

kys

there doesn't seem to be any other stakes in this show

>Akira is /ourguy/
He has never fucked Aoi EVEN though she isn't his real sister. NOT /ourguy/

I-Im actually hyped to see Yuya as a souless AI surfing the data storm with his rollerboots

Kill thyself, knave

>Meet a little girl about to be sold into sexual slavery
>Make yourself a hacker for the fucking Yakuza in order to protect her and fuck over other people
>Know it's bad but don't care, Aoi comes first
It feels weird that I'm rooting against Playmaker, I don't like him at all but here I actually want him to get BTFO

>gif
What did Hosoya mean by this?

Fuck off Akira, you've been attacking Yusaku since episode 1 for no reason

I still don't get what exactly Akira's reason is for trying to keep Playmaker from finding out about the incident. Was it something that he caused through his hacking jobs or what?

Two of his characters in the same season got dealt the shit hand

He doesn't think Playmaker can handle the truth and will endanger himself by going after SOL I guess. Until next episode

We'll never know. Another mistery to ARC-V

The truth must be too harsh for a kid his sister age.

He doesn't want to lose his job that fucking prick

To protect him from SOL. Akira plans to take on them alone

>Yfw Reiji wasn't the mastermind behind the entire arc-v plot

He probably thinks the truth is too much for him. Also, he wants to prevent him from doing illegal stuff for his revenge like he did.

Tournament arc When ?

He doesn't want Playmaker to end like him, a kid who sold his childhood by doing dirty things. To him, the best thing for Yusaku would be for him to give up and go back to being a normal kid who can have fun. It's why the preview starts talking about how Yusaku has given on all those kind of things.

I don't even know if you're just joking or are you for real

So, Akira is a pro hacker too

Will we even get a trio party of Emma, Akira and Kusanagi in hacking adventures?

>Vrains saving YGO
Thank you based new director-kun

really makes you think

he probably got enough money to buy her new stuff

It makes me think that Aoi has great taste in monsters.

>Aoi listed again for the episode
>While in this episode she had only one line saying ''onii-sama'' while hidden

She'll probably have a lot more to say next episode when Akira starts getting his ass kicked by Playmaker.

Think playmaker will actually try to kill him in a fit of rage? I'd love if he really did try to just to show us how he really doesn't care about anything other than getting back his past self

Did you actually forget that they're all VR avatars

Both Yusaku and Akira would rather protect Aoi

Hot Dog bro is Emma's last chance from not going full cake

They got rid of the teddy bear because it was demonic.

There's still Ai's line about dying in the real world if you take too much trauma though.
So it's not unlikely that killing the avatar kills the real life human.

even if he did it all for her, he still didn't give her what she needed, to her it looked like he was ignoring her the whole time and didn't give her the time of day or played any children's card games with her, he didn't even protect her smile.

Did you also forget that only applies to speed duels when cyberse winds are present when Ai first explained them?

But they are inside the core of SoL now, so for all we know it could have worse effects to receive direct attacks closer to the core to protect it

no wonder revolver was disappointing he was an analog to TaurusFire.

There's nothing to imply anything's different from a regular master duel, though. Ai would've noticed and warned Playmaker-danna.

Hypetards are one thing, but edgy hypetards in a class of stupid all their own

>all this reaching using literal fanfiction made up on the spot
You're going to pull a muscle, user.

Just how many monsters Yusaku has on his Extra Deck?

we know he already had 4
then he went like, what, storm access 6 times?
that makes 10 already
so it's possible that he drops his skill bullshit after 5 more times

that's the point though, it's why aoi's so screwed up in the present

what do they say when they do a Link Summon?

RINK SHOKAN?

>drops his skill
That's a pretty retarded thing to expect when there are always going to be new bosses to shill for the card game throughout the series. Slowing down the rate of storm access, maybe

Rinku.

Why would they though, there's always going to be more Links to shill, and it's not like anyone ever said you have to keep the same exact Extra Deck the entire time, he could just be swapping them out between duels.

has there been anybody who has played Madolches in the anime yet?

What about the 15 card limit rule?

are protagonists keeping the pattern to break rules?

ARAWARERO

MIRAI NA MICHIBIKI NA SAAKITO

Are Yugioh characters just not allowed to change their extra deck off screen? It's really not a big deal

That's just Yusaku though.

Yusei just created cards from nowhere, no skill, nothing, he just put blank cards in his extra deck and magic'd them into existence at the right time. I wouldn't worry about extra deck space or deck rules.

>mfw Yusaku got sorewa dou kana'd by Akira

>hmmm today I will battle revolver so I will put 14 monster on my extra deck and leave a space open to my future data access

why do you care how many extra deck cards each character has? it's not like they follow the real rules to the T, otherwise we would get 8K LP duels, anime rules are different

What is Revolver even doing? Ema manages to make a backdoor to SOL's actual data banks in one weekend, while Hanoi didn't get anything done in 5 years besides get smacked around on the link vrains playground

>why do you care how many extra deck cards each character has?
Autism and a shocking lack of basic imagination

They don't care about SOL's secrets though, all they care about is destroying Ignis and Cyberse (and as was pointed out, there's no info about that in the SOL data banks).

>Why we would fight the internet true criminals if we can delete ALL THE INTERNET?

Shun is a better brother.

So when are the extreme force leaks?

Or maybe because it was a plain looking toy and based new director wants to get rid of everything the old one did

Your right, this wouldn't have happened if Aoi wasn't a girl. We all know girls are phycologically weak

Yuma had a gajillion numbers in his stack of xyz monsters towards the end. No one cares since a MC will never have to use more than 15 extra deck monsters in a single anime duel

>There's still Ai's line about dying in the real world if you take too much trauma though.

Doesn't seem to matter anymore. Writers forgot about that.

It wouldn't matter in this case anyway since it only applies to speed duels

Playmaker's design reminds me slightly of Casshern. Except it's not nearly as elegant

IIRC in his duel vs Z-One Yusei used (in no particular order):
>Power Tool Dragon
>Lifestream Dragon
>Ancient Fairy Dragon
>Black Feather Dragon
>Black Rose Dragon
>Red Demon Dragon
>Quasar
>Shooting Star Dragon
>Stardust Dragon
I don't remember if he used more, but Yusei was really fucking close

9-10 synchros still means 5-6 more spaces. I wouldn't really call 1/3rd of the extra deck being free space "really fucking close"

KILL PLAYMAKER

DEVOUR PLAYMAKER

Akira may lock his imouto into the house, but Shun smacked Ruri around for being shit at card games

We see white chess pieces are there black chess pieces?

>Wavering Eyes back at 3
>Preformapal Pendulum Sorcerer back at 3
>Pendulums still fucking suck in the new rules
Does this help Preformapals at all? I'm trying to make a Yuya vs Yusaku thing so y

>cards obtained from Data Storms can be distinguished by the wave of cubes that create the monster's body, as compared to Link Monsters originally owned by the Duelist which appear from a ball of light
Is this really a thing? I never even noticed

kinda like numbers got the sparkly vortex while generics got the red one for xyz summons in zexal, in arc-v all xyz get the sparkly one

When the pressure is high enough.

>Konami already hit Trickstar Reincarnation to 1

Hahahahaha Aoi already got fucked and it hasn't been that long yet. First VRAINS deck to get hit on the banlist.

I'm trying to watch ARC-V, but it's just so bad. How did Sup Forums love this so much before Crow showed up?

Dunno.

Aoi>Yuzu

Watching 5D's at the moment and I really don't see why it's considered the best Yu-Gi-Oh series. Very bland in my opinion. Jack's cool though.

Uhhhh.

Dunno.

Meh?

Yeah right...

Dark signers is a great arc and the cradle is good.
The original's actually non filler arcs beat it, but that's it.

Akira doesn't know what plot armor is, so he thinks he's keeping Playmaker safe

RINKU SAN

DECODE TALKA

Any other ruri > Aoi > Yuzu
Serena, Ruri, and Rin had nice designs even if they were wasted on shit characters

Yusei was a far more serious protagonist than Jaden, Yuma, and Yuya combined.

also cardgames on motorcycles

When anyone speaks positively about Arc-V's first 50 episodes, they mostly mean from episode 24 and onwards.
That said, if you have any hesitation about continuing a Yugioh show, just drop it. None of the spinoffs are worth the time if you're not determined on your own initiative.

What's behind that gate?