Should duels be legal? If two adult men consent to one...

Should duels be legal? If two adult men consent to one, knowing full well they may be seriously injured or die as a result, why have they done anything wrong? Suicide has been decriminalized in almost the entire Western world, so clearly there is nothing (legally) wrong about choosing to end your own life. So what is wrong about choosing to possibly let someone else take your life?

Personally, I think it's only illegal because the Jews don't want their debtslaves killing each other. Every dead person is another source of shekels gone.

Yes duels are a must in societies that value honor and social cohesion,
otherwise you allow anyone to wantonly insult a man's honor and at the same time make it illegal to retaliate.

Of course they should be legal. Especially when it comes to resolving legal affairs, if both sides agree that is

Duels would help speed up Darwinism

2 things will destroy western civilization (besides jews)

Womens suffrage and the lack of Duels.

Yes, I agree. They've taken it to such extremes that nowadays even getting into a bar fight will land you in jail, possibly facing a felony charge. I remember back when the cop/sheriff would show up and just tell you boys to knock it off and go home. Nowadays, everything is illegal. Like you said, you can call someone every name in the book, make fun of their wife and spit on the grave of their dead mother, but if you so much as punch them in the gut for doing it, you're looking at criminal charges.

BAD GOYS! YOU CAN'T WASTE YOUR LIFE IN A FIGHT! YOU NEED TO MAKE ME SHEKELS!

In an ideal world, yes- but the current legal systems in pretty much every first world country would make it hard to implement it effectively. What differentiates a duel from a random brawl? How does one (in legal terms) make it crystal clear that they consent in taking part in the duel? If there is none, then how do you prevent the winner from being hit by a mountain of lawsuits and/or criminal convictions despite doing nothing wrong other than win a fight (potentially) to the death? And how do you prevent actual murderers getting away with it just by using the defense "It was a duel! He agreed to it!" despite no such duel taking place, just straight up murder.

Seems like too much effort for modern (((Lawmakers))) to properly try and implement, when they're much too busy with (((other things))).

Basically “yes”, but there are issues. Historically, some young men went on tilt with this, and it actually sucks for your culture if good men are dying all the time for no reason.

My ideal - legal if paperwork filed. Bloodgeld paid to family, waived in cases of hardship. In practice, sheriffs can look the other way. Blatant offenders can be fined enough to make them quit their shit.

>What differentiates a duel from a random brawl? How does one (in legal terms) make it crystal clear that they consent in taking part in the duel?
Just make them sign some sort of contract, and have it witnessed by two impartial observers, almost like how they used to do it. The whole contract part would not only keep the winner free of any legal proceedings, but would also prevent you from simply getting into fights of "passion," ie rage and emotion and not thinking clearly. If someone insults you badly enough to warrant a duel, you just go down to the local courthouse, fill out the paperwork in front of a notary public or whatever, then arrange for the duel witnessed by observers so they can assure there was no cheating breach of agreement.

Duels explicitly to the death were fairly rare. Sometimes people died in accidents but historically most were only until first blood. Pistols being invented is really what made dueling much more lethal and lead to their banning because nobody fought with swords anymore.

Tl;dr Duels to the death were for barbarians. Nearly all duels were only until first blood.

In my state you can legally consent to a fight and police will monitor and only intervene when one guy is done and can't fight back

hell yeah! and allow you to duel in the name of others too.

This is 100% Grade AAA bullshit.

Yez

It's called boxing MMA or any other kind of combat sport, dumbass. Please stop adding to the "murican education" meme.

Boxing, MMA, and the like aren't required to be monitored by the police.

Its calles mutual combat and is 100% legal here retard

Please tell me what state you live in so I can tell you how full of shit you are. Mutual Combat Laws have been mothballed in every US state.

yes but only with flintlocks and rapiers

Nigga we have apps that make a contract before you smash puss, we can do the same for dueling.

Its not illegal, just unfortunately out of style.