ITT God tier novel writing

>It just wasn’t proper to let a girl sit around in wet clothes, even if she were mechanical. Having figured she’d need something to change into, Oscar picked up one of his own bathrobes, which he thought reasonably clean, and headed toward the bathroom. It had been so long since he’d had anyone else in the house using the bath that to knock on the door completely slipped his mind. He walked right in to find her not yet changed.
>“A-ah, s-so…rr…y? Huh?”
>Oscar was so overwhelmed he could hardly find words.
>“What on earth?!”
>The image of the naked woman coursed through Oscar’s eyes. She was far more captivating, far more beautiful than any of the Renaissance nudes.
>Drips fell anew from her golden locks, these of bathwater. Her eyes sparkled that perfect blue which no brush would ever capture.
>Below them, her full lips, her delicate neck, her prominent collarbone, her round breasts, the feminine curves of her figure. In contrast, the artificial arms that extended from shoulder to fingertip on both sides of her body seemed alien, as if they’d just been stuck on.
>Though covered in scars, every inch aside from those arms was clearly of flesh and blood.
>Every soft swell of her body told the story. This was no automaton, no doll–this was a human being. In the utter shock of his shattered beliefs, Oscar found his eyes scanning her naked form again and again.
>“Sir.”
>Violet's tone was harsh. Oscar, who had until now stood frozen in surprise with those eyes locked on her form, finally seemed to grasp the entirety of the situation he’d put himself in.
>“Ahhh! Aaaaaaaaahhhh! AaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaahhh!”
>Ironically, after all this, the only scream to be heard came from Oscar himself.
>After all but emptying his lungs with the scream, Oscar, both red in the face and seemingly half to tears, demanded of Violet, “You were human all along?”
>Violet was wrapping a towel around herself as she answered. “Sir, you are really quite impossible.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book
ncode.syosetu.com/n3556o/1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's quite likely that this scene will be cut in the anime anyway, since adapting the novels in chronological order renders this scene moot.

The novel is garbage

I fail to see the issue.

kino

The K-On! manga was shit too but the anime was pretty good

All light novels have garbage writing. Water is wet.
>b-but muh masterful nihon wordplay

Nor do I. It's not amazing, but aside from the quoted non-dialogue and a few hiccups like
>these of bathwater
this is completely readable. I'll even forgive the male eye since I'm resigned to it in anything anime related and it was the whole point.

This hetfest better means Kyoani is finally giving the /u/fags the finger.

Just like all anime have garbage writing and animation.

They just made a heartwarming lesbian family show.

So what's the problem here?

>writing
Not the main point, they're not books
>animation
(You)

t. ironic weeb

>anime don't need good writing because they aren't book
Dumbest post of the year. And wouldn't this mean you don't mind LN adaptations then? retard

>(you)
You're point was the exact same stupid Sup Forums-tier generalization

Saber clone a shit.

>dude violet evergarden is the first LN that kyoani thought was good enough to win their contest, it's so beautiful, this anime is gonna be amazing!
lol

LN are LITERALLY picture books for children. They aren't comics, they aren't books. They're aimed ar the lowest common denominator and they all have trash writing, because they don't need it to be any better.

does it count as a clone if the original is the most bare bones, lowest common denominator, nothing character though?

I wonder how many LNs you've actually read.
In Japanese, that is.

But it's not a LN, you swines. It's a NOVEL, like Hibike. Pure litkino.

>The current action he is taking involves bringing a bathrobe to someone in his bathroom
>Doesn't knock because "lmao live alone so don't knock normally"
That's not how absence of mind works.

>Smut written in a turgid verse
I don't know what's more pathetic- the content itself or the fact that Kyoanus lickers are going to convince themselves that this is more than a solipsistic romcom.

>solipsistic romcom
What is that even supposed to mean?

>tfw someone did this to hollow knight on Sup Forums when I was really excited to discuss it after finishing it.

How about Nisio Isin?

It means he was dropped on his head.

A romcom so self-absorbed it thinks it's above it's prole audience.

here comes the first Kyoanus licker, like clockwork.

*its'

>LN trash

To the bin it goes.

Unless you deliberately ignore context and/or have a mental disability everything there is obviously meant to point out that Violet is human, and he's not yelling because he got a stiffy.

That the poster is intelligent, clearly. Look at all these impressed anons.

>avatarfagging
What a dumb nigger

>tfw to intelligent for anime

>he carries a thesaurus everywhere so everyone will think he's smart

Because it isn't any different from your average novel you buy in the bookstore, Sup Forums is just full of underaged children that wouldn't know.

Every ecchi and harem anime has a scene where the male MC walks into a girl's changing room to remind the viewer of the obvious sexual tension that arises from gender differences. Thematically, this scene is no different. This is nothing more than street gruel sprinkled with verbiage for digestibility.

Switched character folders just for you.

>character folders

So is the novel actually good?

>youtube.com/watch?v=0CJeDetA45Q

PV looks fucking beautiful. Sasuga Kyo Ani.

I heard from people from Kyoani twitter it's Charles Dickens/Oscar Wilde tier, mature story about authentic and historically accurate Victorian Europe.

I know Sup Forums is obsessed how japanese LN are inferior to western literature, but forget why nobody make animes with western literature

What about World Masterpiece Theater series?

At the very least I like the setting of Violet Evergarden. No nippon wankfest that is usually found in LNs or a nip teen who is isekai'd and suddenly has every girl from clerics and female warriors to princesses lusting after his dick. Writing wise I'm not expecting it to be anything great though.

With the daily shill threads, it's like they want this to be the Rick and Morty of Sup Forums before it even debuts.

Because nips can't help turning it into something absolutely retarded and it's better for everyone if they stay the fuck away from any western literature and stick to adapting their shitty Light Novels.

It's almost like that's why false flaggers keep making these threads.

Anime is still made for the Japanese first and foremost, despite what some paranoid spergs here say. Most Japanese people don't read much Western literature other than the classical heavyweights like Alice in Wonderland or Grimm's Fairy Tales, just like most Westerners don't read many Japanese novels.

>they aren't books.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book
>A book is a set of sheets of paper, parchment, or similar materials that are fastened together to hinge at one side.

Ever since koe no katachi I've had the feeling kyoani is full of people who hate anime and make anime with the specific purpose of insulting people's intelligence.

Sounds like personal issues.

That's women animators for you.

>They're aimed ar the lowest common denominator and they all have trash writing, because they don't need it to be any better.

LN are written in hiragana/kana because are aimed to young people that cant learn Kanjis, this why most LN are created in internet because is the only place for enjoy texts in hiragana/kana, printed LN always are translated to Kanjis.

>I know Sup Forums is obsessed how japanese LN are inferior to western literature, but forget why nobody make animes with western literature

Nigga what? Please there's tons of super schlocky, horribad books from the west, some of them even get movie deals (Like Twilight, Fifty Shades, The myriad of Hunger Games knock-offs, etc). The only difference is that you don't hear about them as much, and the volume of these books getting adapted in to visual media is lower. If you think western TV is crap, can you imagine how bad it would be if every bodice ripper, every super hardcore army guy story, every boring fantasy story, etc had been adapted?

LNs only seem worse because we see more of them. (Not to say they're often good, some of the crap is worse than fanfiction, even including stuff that's been adapted).

Watch out, he might use the wikipedia falacy.

This happened to me with maid dragon.

Dumbest shit I've read all day, web LNs have plenty of kanji you dumb EOP, they are written in normal japanese. ncode.syosetu.com/n3556o/1/ this is Knight Magic first chapter just check it yourself

>LN are written in hiragana/kana

Wojakshit is bannable offence

Another masterpiece by kyoanus.
People will applaud it for its masterful writing and superb command of the After effects software.

>authentic and historically accurate Victorian Europe
Your bait is so full of shit. Androids in 1900?

Daily VEG bait thread by falseflaggers
That one fragment translated by tumblr
mentioning het and /u/
baiting with "kino"
"kyoanus"
bait about being set in historically accurate Victorian Europe
same picture in every thread
What am I missing?

Kyoani will be collecting money from jewflix while asspained kyoanihaters will have haemorrhage

that seems like a reliable and unbiased source, thanks!

LNs are the worst trash ever or something something

LNs are bad for the same reason the examples of western novels you gave are bad. Because they're all young adult garbage. Seriously that whole "genre" of literature has only spawned complete and utter shit.

jewflix? you mean debtflix?
It will be another successful but shitty show. We get those every season. Good thing everyone forgets about them after 6 months.

So why do you care so much that you make same thread everyday?

>jewflix? you mean debtflix?
What does that even mean?

I never make threads about kyoanus. Just stating my opinion regarding how great the writing is.

That's what they call it now that they are 20 billion dollars in debt.

Well, it doesn't mean much, they have technology advanced enough to make robots but thay can't invent something more efficient than typing paper letters on remington.

It's a fucking steampunk

Are you dumb, bro? Their long term debt in 2016 was $3,364,311 and profit $2,800,768. A literal non-issue.

>GodAni doing the best genre
Based.

Never said it's an issue, it's normal for companies to be in debt, I'm just saying they have a shit ton of denbt piling on.

fpbp

Then why did you make this retarded post

They why are they licencing more and more with each season (plus shows that they produce).

*Then

I pointed out that they're in a shitload of debt. It's a fact.

No, they're not "in a shitload of debt" which is also completely irrelevant to any ongoing discussion here. Especially if, like you said, it's not an issue in the first place.

What the fuck is this person?

Yes, they actually are.
It's not an issue as long as they are relevant, they'll probably need to increase fees like they said they would though.

>Yes, they actually are.
No, they're not "in a shitload of debt".

It's customary for the OP to give an example of what he wants the thread to be about.

>nuh uh
>uh huh
>nuh uh

Guys, fuck off already.

>character walks in on naked girl
>character falls on top of another character
>etc

there's no "ironic" spin in this universe or any other that can make this kind of absurdly cliched scene enjoyable for me any more, yes, even if it's supposed to be making fun of it in itself

this kind of thing often becomes the final straw that makes me drop a series

*tips*

It works well when character says "Oh crap, it feels almost like we are in some cliched shitty LN!" like MC of Phantom World did.

Why are you so fucking obsessed with this?

disagree
acknowledging you are writing shit doesn't make it any less shit

It doesn't and your example proves this.

That's not even fedora tipping. It is a fact that these cliches are fuck overdone. It's only made worse by the fact that it wasn't really funny the first time about two decades ago.

Because Kyoani magnum opus

They've been like that since the other KnK (hint: the Monogatari killer).

>Kyoani LN
>Good
LMAO ing myself off.

It's been proven that all of them were shit.

>Monogatari killer
Good god, kyoanifags are truly mentally damaged

Again, why do you care? What's the point in making a thread every fucking day? You don't like it. Neat. No one fucking cares.

You ARE capable of ignoring things you don't like.

Not him but I guess OP looks like he really, really loves it. Considering kyaonifags' posts in Anime Expo premiere threads, OP is quite similar to them in terms of obsession and pure love with this show.

I don't think you're fooling anybody.