Christianity General

A thread for general discussion of Christianity, I guess, because I didn't just want to make a blog post.

I've been an Atheist since I was about 12 or so, but the further right I go, the more I'm convinced Religion is necessary for a society that isn't completely fucked. I've been wanting to join a church.

However, I wonder if it is wrong for me to join a church if I'm not a true believer - I don't want to be a liar or a fraud.

In addition, assuming it is even acceptable for me to join a church, what do I join? I'm a Midwesterner of German descent, so my family is Lutheran. But I'm also aware of how POZd a lot of protestant churches tend to be. There are a few different denominations in my town, the closest Orthodox church is nearly an hour away.

I've legit considered Mormonism because I feel like it's probably the least likely to be touched by POZ since it's kind of fringe, but maybe I'm wrong.

And, again, it feels sort of weird to just join a church because I think it is better for society, rather than because I believe in God. So, advice I guess. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/14/map-these-are-the-worlds-least-religious-countries/?utm_term=.15c3011714c1
independent.co.uk/news/uk/atheists-countries-list-six-world-most-convinced-a6946291.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

catholic server /bkXHBgq

being an atheist is completely stupid. it is a concept that must have been made by the synagogue of satan because no sane intelligent human being would ever sincerely come to the conclusion that God does not exist. It is simply a self-evident fact that God does exist.
When we study the Bible, we should get to the conclusion that is best to have complete faith in Jesus Christ. The Word of God is indeed infallible. Mormons do not follow some teachings of the Bible properly, so they should not be considered Christians.

Why aren't you bagan, user?

On a scale of 1-10 how fucking retarded are you?

Some random fags write a book, put the word ‘’God’’ in it, say God did this and created that, without any proof, and here you go, the word of God.

You’re right, a society needs religion to function, but don’t be retarded enough to believe a skywizard created earth in 6 days.

>being an atheist is completely stupid.
Of course it is. Atheism is the simplification of life into nothing after all.

>I don't know anything about the Bible

It's full of good advice and cool stories. I became more interested in Christianity by studying it neutrally, and was surprised to find myself becoming less skeptical of it as I went along. It's an experience that is VERY difficult to explain.

Does the big bang make any sense to you? Both the church and the university believe in it. What s at the edge of the universe? A restaurant? I think not. The Universe is Infinite and Eternal. The old forms of Christianity are obsolete. A new form is being born as we speak.

Convenience is not a convincing argument, unless you want to be a cultural christian. I recommend you to read and pray every day until you arrive to a conclusion.

gtfo, satanic jew. you are the cause of europe's downfall, rat.

Join the Orthodox Church.
I'm from the Midwest, and I used to be an atheist as well. But recently, I sought out the Lord, and I found him.

I now know that every day, God is with us every step of the way. I've felt more confident than before, and I will see if I can start attending church soon.

As someone who was raised in a liberal, hippie, atheist household, it's hard to come to the realization that there really IS a God.

Accepting Christ is the first step to the salvation of America, and our future.

God is not real though

STOP

>Hey lets convert indians!
>Hey lets convert niggers
>HOW DARE YOU NOT THINK SHITSKINS ARE PEOPLE THATS NOT CHRISTIAN
>Atheism is the blame

Your cuck religion is the blame.

Anarchist....
hahaha
more like
Faggot

Atheism has done nothing we just have faggots infected with your egalitarian nonsense in our ranks.

Here is how I have come to understand the Trinity.
The Son=the physical world
The Holy Spirit=energy in all of its forms
The Father = metaphysics. In other words The father is real the way numbers are real. The Father is the laws of the Universe.

>"Do what you want as long it doesn't hurt no one,"
Isn't that the mantra you atheists like to repeat over and over whenever someone questions where you get your morality from?

>Atheism has done nothing
Never accomplished or achieved anything in history either nor benifited society, even now. Really lives up to it's belief doesn't it?

>we just have faggots infected with your egalitarian nonsense in our ranks.
But I thought atheism was all about stopping the oppression of minorities under religion, like sodomites?

Atheism has no mantra retard, its simply no belief in God.

I started reading a bible this past year. Im agnostic.

Funny how the bible advocates for a moral view of civilization that matches what one would conceive just by observing humans and seeing the failures of liberal moral values.

The bible advocates for humans acting in a certain way in order to keep a peaceful order. Its in everyone's interests.

Preventing degeneracy and "do unto others" type shit are just obvious ways to improve human existence. The folklore is not important except that it helps people remember the ideas.

>Japan
>Atheist
Are you shitting me?

No it doesn't but whenever questioned most of you repeat that line like it is one.

You only need to jewgle it memeflaggot.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/14/map-these-are-the-worlds-least-religious-countries/?utm_term=.15c3011714c1

independent.co.uk/news/uk/atheists-countries-list-six-world-most-convinced-a6946291.html

Salam Alaikum brothers

You are confusing other ideologies for atheism.

>Atheism has no mantra retard, its simply no belief in God.

That is the atheist mantra.

People remember stories. And the bible stories have people just as they are. It's not Jew propaganda. It shows people, warts and all.

The lesson we've lost is that intact nuclear families are the building block of civilization. If we could just regain that one story, our society would improve a hundred fold.

that's the trinity in your imagination, not the real trinity

>further right I go

found the problem: autism

Joining a church without being a christian will be a confusing and non-productive waste of your time, with the sole exception that you find a unicorn church that has alter calls and preaches the redemption of the lost, and you become saved.

I'm glad you're tossing aside your useless atheism, but don't settle for a lateral move to "just become religious". That's not what Christianity is all about.

Extended families are the building blocks of civilization jew worshipper.

If they are composed of links of intact nuclear families, absolutely.

The Son is the Logos though. Wouldn't that make him numbers and logic in general?

Not in that user's imaginary god.

Sounds like a mantra to me.

Seek the Presbyterian church (PCA). My father and my brother are pastors of the brazilian brunch of this church and we know a few amwrican pastors of the same denomination. I can garantee you this church is not cucked.

However, don't go there expecting them to be racists, natsoc supporters. While they are not redpilled in a lot of political matters, they are not cucked in their theology as far as traditional calvinism goes.

BASED

I'm an atheist and I simply don't believe in god.
The political and social norms established by Christianity are incredibly positive. I don't have to believe to understand following their rules is a good idea.

Logos, the Word is also sound,vibration,putting it in the realm of spirit/energy. All three parts of the trinity have a way of becoming each other in an Infinite feedback loop. Three yet one, one yet three. That is the beauty of the Trinity.

I’d suggest Catholicism, depending on the state of the Catholic Church where you live. A lot of it’s left-leaning, especially with the new pope and all, but there are some good ones. Here we have TFP (“Tradition, Family, Property”), a right-wing conservative organization within the Church itself.

Christianity (or rather creationism) is a dad of modernity and grandpa of postmodernity. Pagan traditions are based.
t. pagan

>I'm convinced Religion is necessary for a society that isn't completely fucked.
Wow, you really fell hard for the memes. You were supposed to laugh at them and say "Oh, look, I bet some retard is gonna fall for that one! Har Har Har!"

You're both fucking dumbass bastards. Instead of trying to have a discussion with an atheist you just sling BS at him and expect it have an effect.

>HURRRR LEL ATHEISM FAGGOT
>NO MORALSZ!!

Literally not even fucking arguments. You're both faggots, just driving people away from the idea of God.

There was no fucking discussion or debate, he just slinged names and insults like you did you little triggered cunt and I called him out on it.

>Literally not even fucking arguments. You're both faggots, just driving people away from the idea of God.
>STOP OFFENDING ME
You atheists really are soft, whiny fucks aren't you?

>i'm an atheist
>i'm pagan