Gun control is impossible

>1000 year old technology
>Smart people can just make them
>US already saturated with guns. You can't take them all
>Thinking they can find volunteers to risk their lives going door to door to confiscate guns.
>Have to use actors to pretend they survived a shooting, using weak emotional arguments to convince people to give up their rights.

Please explain why the left is trying so hard? Isn't already obvious for normies to see that they just want an unarmed populous to implement their tyranny?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qu9aD6uMrp0
youtube.com/watch?v=4AYTIm0zUvI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXzswwHsJbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not the left. There are (((dark forces))) at work that want to either control or eliminate the United States. The founding fathers gave you fuckers weapons to stop this, and your enemies know this. This is a master plan, decades or even centuries in the making.

the reason to resist gun confiscation now is more important than ever.
if republicans lose control, the leftists will definitely implement some sort of national gun grab.
2protects1.
then speech will be criminalized.

>Please explain why the left is trying so hard?
are you kidding? Think what they have to gain.
Imagine you're on a desert island with someone. You both have enough food and water, you both have supplies, and you both have a weapon to defend yourself. If you can whine and cry and guilt the other guy into giving you his weapon, it goes from being an even competition to you being a god in your own world who can do whatever the fuck you want.
That's how powerfully motivated they are. This is what the founding fathers knew about, and what they were trying to stop.

I want to go to Japan someday and preach the good word of gun rights and also get an anime wife

>(((dark forces)))
Leaf what do you know about Pelley and his (((dark souls)))?

Yeah, what the hell? Why bother having laws at all, right?

Low IQ people cannot handle freedom and need Papa State to survive.

You're exactly right OP, the one thing I want Trump to do as the sort of Facist he is/could be is to actually address some real issues in a guilty pleasure statist kind of way.
> Destroy the media for sensationalizing mass shootings which encourages more.
> Destroy the corporatist pharmaceutical and medical industry for filling these kids up with disastrous drugs.
Beyond that every state should be like New Hampshire and Vermont.

Isn't it harder to make bullets than it is to make guns??

Yes, if you want control you hit the ammo. I have made shotguns from plumbing pipe that functions, not great, but close quarters they work fine. Working example is the phillipino resistance. Ammo is much much harder to make. First you need powder, this requires several chemicals in specific ratios. The powder you make yourself would not be near as good as smokeless, this is assuming you are an untrained kitchen cooker rather than hobbyist chemist. Then you have the shells, primers, and lead. Lead is the easiest part.

OPs gun is a nice piece of work. Still even a retard like me can build a zip gun. Not as aesthetic but does its job. If effective Gun control, than ammo control

Very nice.

Bruh how do I make this

>image of a modern firearm with a magazine
>thinks it's 1000 years old.
>thinks he can manufacture one himself because he's smart

If a zip gun does the job, you only have shit jobs to do.

Going with the benefit of the doubt and assuming he means the concept of a firearm. Otherwise he is fucking retarded.

>lathe
>welder
>hollow stainless steel softball bat
>Spring
>some scrap metal scrap for the bolt

They see the revolt coming so they want to seize guns.

> modern firearm
thats an arts and crafts project.
somebody made that in their shed to moron.

the point is, people can, have, and WILL make guns even if they are prohibited.

Stay sharp, Grey man.

People are too comfortable and they can't support themselves with food/water without the system. That is the problem.

Actual, effective control is not the point. Gun control is not about guns themselves for the left. It is not about stopping crime or violence. It is a part of the culture war they are waging on the right. They win by eliminating the ability of right wingers to engage in open, public behavior (gun ownership and use) that sets them apart from the left. This makes their ideas and culture seem universal - it helps them create the sort of false perceived consensus they love to promote. They win by driving gun ownership underground. They don't need it to actually go away in reality.

In Australia its 25 years imprisonment for making a gun. Nobody takes that risk

He said the idea is roughly that old you halfwit

youtube.com/watch?v=qu9aD6uMrp0

well if they stop guns like they stopped drugs

youtube.com/watch?v=4AYTIm0zUvI

>how to stop school shooters 101
1>Doors that lock
2>armed security/teachers

Because we're sick of getting shot

Nah it's really easy:

Require gun owners to have insurance for every gun they own.

Have insurance system pay for gun buy back program.

sure, americans like guns, but they like money and food more, and you can't eat with a gun..

Door to door? The jew is just going to make it so we bring the gun ourselves, like they did in Australia.

not only that but ptsd is wildly misdiagnosed. I got hit by an ied that was a 155mm shell stuffed with 50lbs of hme (according to the report) (btw most ied's were like that.. an artillery shell stuffed with hme.. if they were able to get an intact artillery shell.... why is it stuffed with hme and not the original military grade artillery charge? Gets the old noggin joggin, don't it?) They fraudulently diagnosed me with a mental disorder, and nothing even remotely combat related. Only diagnosis that went along with 50lbs of explosive going off 10 feet from me was tinnitus. I had to hire a serious lawyer to get them to acknowledge that I had an actual injury, and even with that they wont drop the mental bullshit.

Not only that.. But they gaslighted the fuck out of me and I am sure they did that to everyone else. Of course, all of the doctors they sent me to were kikes and they all tried feeding me this alternate reality where I was morbidly wounded and would never get better. I believed them for a long time too and they had me memeing against myself. But since I figured out how memes work I have turned that shit around. Good job kikes, not only did you not break my spirit but you pushed me to learn some real ancient shit.

*sick of not getting shot enough

you over estimate peoples level of comfort. All of the normalfaggots that I interact with are showing definitive signs of serious cognitive dissonance... The redpill has taken hold.

>impossible
That's what they said about everything Trump has done so far. Now he's going to grab your guns and you can't stop him.

>and you can't eat with a gun
flag checks out

>Require gun owners to have insurance for every gun they own.

That only works for cars because you can't keep a car hidden in a drawer, and even so about 13% of drivers don't have insurance anyway.

its called hunting

exactly the people that are against the idea of national anti-gun legislation are the people who need their guns for utility like a flashlight, machete or a pair of good boots. they aren't riding four-wheelers and shooting watermelons from the hip listening to hank williams.
you ever try hunting without a firearm? shit is barbaric and cruel. you ever put down a calf with a slingshot or a knife? didn't think so.

>Smart people can just make them
smart? nah, just a little common sence

Look up "zip gun" plans. P. A. Luty's site has it as well as archive.org

>and you can't eat with a gun..
I'll just take your food with it

How do memes work?

The plumber wants to fix pipes the electrician want to do the electric the government wants to control shit it is in its nature. It's up to the peo pole to remind it what is off limits.

I used to work part time at a technical college for their IT program. You'd be surprise how many kids fuck up the screws on a computer case.

You need to build up your immunity to being shot by getting shot more.

In future yankees when a fellow brit starts fagging on about control and how they still are pissed for you seceeding. Mention these two:
>derrick byrd
>raul moat

Gun control was never about stopping the criminals.

>to learn some real ancient shit
wat

>isn’t it obvious.

No, normies only see what is right in front of them. What could happen is ever on their mind. They have never known tyranny so it is an impossibility for them.

>You'd be surprise how many kids fuck up the screws on a computer case.
and god, i know
i'm one.

in my defense, the case means fuck all to me and i just use whatever is quick and available. the case won't help me hack a sweet sweet Gibson any quicker Senpai.

Whites have about the same gun violence rates as Luxembourg. Niggers protest getting arrested for being criminals. Half the shooters are kikes or Arabs. Want to disarm whites.

>Make perfect sense.

You put words on a frog and your candidate gets elected

>Gun control is impossible
*blocks your path*

What's the upper made of? Looks rather aesthetic

but what about that boating accident?

Is she Tom Morellos love child?

this 100%

What ancient art you learn desu

God damn boats are so unreliable these days

>FUCK YOU I DON'T CARE IF YOU SMELL ME

Since most shootings are by niggers, maybe you should solve this nigger problem you created.

21 DRUMPF STREET

BUMPSTOCK DRUMPF

AMNEST DON

DACA DOESNT HAVE A DEADLINE ANYMORE EITHER IDIOTS ;)

#STUMPED

Power. That's all.

Dead kid's mean profits for them.

>People can cook meth in their kitchens
>Therefore we should allow meth to saturate our community because there's nothing you can do about it

The absolute state of Sup Forums

They want Trump to pass gun control so his voterbase will turn on him or not show up to vote.

False equivalence. Guns are not as destructive as drugs (in a high trust, homogeneous society)

watch yourself. people glow like the dickens here.

Wow nice qualifier maybe we should have considered that before importing millions of fucking slaves

No the fuck we won't. The Jew fucked one thing up. They disarmed the rest of the west before they pumped them full of niggers. Guess what we've always had to deal with first hand. Champagne liberals can talk tolerance all they want. They live in gated communities for a god damn reason. That's the one factor that their cognitive dissonance just can't let them rectify.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXzswwHsJbI

Actually you are right. All drugs should be legal. Do you view the government as your fucking parent or something?

Since when are white people called niggers?

>Gun control is impossible

I'm usually on the pro-gun side (yes really), but since this is Sup Forums..

>US already saturated with guns. You can't take them all

This part is true. Any gun control measure in the US targeting the guns themselves is retarded. Even focusing on limiting the accessories, pistol grips, magazine limits, etc is very stupid since it's unequal among states, easy to make these parts on CNC or 3D printing (quality YMMV), already a ton in circulation.. Nothing is tracked on a federal level.

1) Federal tracking.
Federal tracking of key gun parts (receivers and barrels) would work. Just like cars having insurance your gun must be registered, if you sell it you need to file the paperwork to get rid of it properly or you may be held accountable when it's used in crime.
You could start with all guns made from today or make it retroactive too. Unregistered guns in your possession mean a felony charge, don't fuck around.

2) Ammunition.
This is the real dirty secret gun people don't want to admit. Even with reloading reusing casings more than once or twice isn't recommended and increases error and misfire potential. There's less of a community making quality homemade ammunition than there is making gun parts. Hit them hard, require licensing to get the machines to stamp brass casings, make buying the powder harder then limit the ammunition supply to X amount per registered gun per month or year.

These two things would be enormous wrenches and are really hard to get around. You'd be in Yurop shoes importing black market ammo from some shitty Mexican jungle production or repurposed Russian stock. Illegal and shitty quality too.
NOTE: I'm not actually for this. But you have to admit it'd put your balls in a real vice instead of what they're proposing which isn't even thumbscrews.

Obviously, but why does Trump want this to happen? Did they get him to molest a child on tape after all?

>but why does Trump want this to happen?

Because he's just a fucking idiot that used to be a democrat and he switches his positions on a daily basis. The Donald tards have as much a reality distortion field as the people who hate GROMBALD GRAMF.
The truth is he's literally stumbled into the presidency thanks to a lineup of politicians who were even worse than a reality tv star. Instead of swallowing this reality both sides are inventing narratives where it's all part of some plan.

Neither left nor right really have a case against him because he's not really done much. It all just proves how redundant the entire presidency is. Did you forget all those "deep state will fix it" articles they printed before they seemingly realized what they were saying? That's the truth. Unelected bureaucrats run every country and they don't change with party switches.

You're only supposed to believe it matters which lever you pull because that keeps you placid, thinking your voice is heard.

Thanks for the answer. I don't disagree with your later paragraphs in any way. But focusing on Trump, is he so much of a megalomaniac that he thinks Republican voters will give up on the 2nd amendment because they love him that much?

I'm just a neutral observer, but this news caught me off guard. To me this is equivalent to Bernie Sanders going on camera to say he is in favor of freeing the markets. It sounds like political suicide.

>But focusing on Trump, is he so much of a megalomaniac that he thinks Republican voters will give up on the 2nd amendment because they love him that much?

Trump won the republican nomination by shitting on republicans my dude. He only made the faintest of noises to the tune of "I believe in God" like you'd expect. He introduced a bunch of points that were more similar to Bernie Sanders platform than any republican platform. He spent the first part of his presidency punching "his" party for being disloyal (the "nevertrump" brigade).

I really think you overestimate how much he understands or even wants to play politics. I really don't think he could if he tried.

>I'm just a neutral observer, but this news caught me off guard. To me this is equivalent to Bernie Sanders going on camera to say he is in favor of freeing the markets.

I think you missed the republican nominations then because that was the situation with Trump. He was there talking anti-war and leveling out income and having trade barriers - this is nuclear to establishment GOP.
Now of course, when in power how much of this has actually mattered? Not much. How consistent has Trump been? Not at all. The Trump effect is bigger in that it exposes the empty chair of the presidency and forces other politicians to address shit like why wages have been stagnant for the vast majority for decades, why the next generation is literally poorer than those that came before (adjusted for inflation).

>you can't eat with a gun.
Literally the oldest profession

I really didn't pay much attention to the nominations because my interest in American politics didn't reach that far. I did know that the establishment GOP had serious issues with Trump, but to turn on the party is very different from turning on the voter. My understanding is that his voters are burned out from the wars in the middle east and don't know nearly enough economics to even try to form an opinion on foreign trade. But they do know that the constitution protects them from tyranny.

Putting it another way, would Trump have gotten elected if he had promoted gun control during the nominations? The impression I get is that doing that would have been suicide. And what he's doing now is exactly that, in the context of the next election. Do you think he just doesn't realize this? Or does he not want to get reelected? The first option sounds implausible to me, and the second leaves me wondering what would motivate him to want to lose, if not for some kind of blackmail from the deep state.

>ask liberal why law abiding gun owners must be held responsible for the actions of a few degenerates
>IRRELEVANT: YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS

Every time...

This person knows what they're talking about (rare for Sup Forums)

>Wow nice qualifier maybe we should have considered that before importing millions of fucking slaves
Too late, we need to get rid of them now. Then we can resume our march.

>13% of drivers don't have insurance anyway.
National average, in Mississippi it's 28%

>Putting it another way, would Trump have gotten elected if he had promoted gun control during the nominations? The impression I get is that doing that would have been suicide.

Like I said he already touched a dozen topics thought to be political suicide in the nomination, you can speculate about if gun control would have done him in but it's just guesswork. If you'd guessed before the nomination you'd never have bet on him or the positions he took either. Hell, we know from leaks Hillary chose him as her ideal opposing candidate so NOBODY thought he or his position were winning bets.

>his voters are burned out from the wars in the middle east and don't know nearly enough economics to even try to form an opinion on foreign trade

He won the despised and neglected white working class that were tired of Democrats pretending they care and then doing jack shit. Hillary didn't even campaign in certain states thinking they were a lock just because Dems historically have had these demos. People said Trump was an idiot for campaigning in them.

The anti-China, trade block, bring old industry back talk of Trump is dumb shit that won't happen, the important part is these people are decisive and disenfranchised.

>Do you think he just doesn't realize this? Or does he not want to get reelected?

Trump isn't a savvy politician, he just called people out on being corrupt twats that don't really care, especially about the white workers and people loved that someone finally said it to their faces. That was a goldmine. I don't think Trump thought he'd win, he'd already set up his contingency and seemed just as confused in both wins. Who knows if he wants this, he certainly doesn't act like he cares to be president now. With the scrutiny he might want to step down rather than run. Nobody knows.

> blackmail from the deep state.

They're openly attacking him in the investigations and from both parties, it's not really a secret.

>He was there talking anti-war and leveling out income and having trade barriers - this is nuclear to establishment GOP
Among the average republican opinions may vary on these issues, a candidate may have some and not others. What is Political Self Sanctioned Career Exterminatus is gun control, that is literally one topic you do not switch sides on. I don't think you foreigners quite grasp how much weight this one issue carries. Not saying your stupid, but you just don't fully comprehend how big of a deal it is here. Pretend you have a candidate that got elected with a pro gun position, and then they actually rolled out and passed a gun control measure. Their ratings would drop literally as fast as the news spread down to maybe 1/50 of what it was.

>implying nearly all of the shooters haven't been lefties themselves

>can't eat with a gun
I guess the hundreds of pounds of deer I've eaten in the past 10 years killed itself, huh?

>I don't think Trump thought he'd win, he'd already set up his contingency and seemed just as confused in both wins. Who knows if he wants this, he certainly doesn't act like he cares to be president now. With the scrutiny he might want to step down rather than run. Nobody knows.
I hadn't considered that possibly. I'll give this whole thing some more thought without assuming that all of his actions are part of some coherent political strategy. Thanks for taking the time to write all of these replies.

I'm not denying the gun issue is huge, especially for a GOP candidate. I just think collectively the shit Trump said that was basically out of the Bernie playbook should have sunk him a dozen times over, in fact during the nomination they kept saying it. "Is this the end for Trump" headlines ad nauseam.

>Pretend you have a candidate that got elected with a pro gun position, and then they actually rolled out and passed a gun control measure.

We have still to see what the fallout is. Trump changes positions all the time. The tide is turning on guns, Trump wants to be popular, he is now pro gun control. Again, the man was a democrat, he's from New York. Why are you surprised?

That said his proposal is re-banning a previously banned item and doing some minor shit that doesn't really matter. He throws out nutty things like "arm teachers" as his usual MO of controlling the news cycle. And as usual these things don't tend to manifest in policy and are bygones two weeks later.

The ones doing real damage to gun rights right now are individual states. Are you going to tell me you're against states rights next?

>But they do know that the constitution protects them from tyranny.
This, the average american is too concerned with their own little world. Most have no idea where Sweden is on a map, mostly because we do not have to. As long as they are not directly effected most do not really care for politics. The war is kind of there, I don't know how to put it, but it is not a big deal. Probably because it has been going on so long it's "normal". It is a career option, the war keeps it going. Although this attitude may be different for others, America is fuckhuge with shitton of people.

>Putting it another way, would Trump have gotten elected if he had promoted gun control during the nominations?
No, absolutely not. Hillary's stance on firearms took precedence over even her corruption among many people, the rest was enough to convince the others.

Deer are prone to depression

>Their ratings would drop literally as fast as the news spread down to maybe 1/50 of what it was.
I think if I wanted to be optimistic, a best case scenario here would be that Trump does still want to run for reelection, realizes he's being a dumbass on guns once his ratings drop and then flip-flops back and claims he only pretended to be for gun control to expose more traitors in the GOP.

Though, I'm not a very optimistic person by nature, which is why I'm worried.

Just look at Britain. They can do pretty much whatever they want to that country and the people meekly accept. Think about Rotherham. That should have had people in the streets with torches and pitchforks. Nope, nothing. Nothing gets a rise out of them anymore. They had a national referendum and voted to leave the EU. Nope. Politicians say no, and proceed to back out of it. This is what they are working towards.

>I'm not denying the gun issue is huge, especially for a GOP candidate. I just think collectively the shit Trump said that was basically out of the Bernie playbook should have sunk him a dozen times over, in fact during the nomination they kept saying it. "Is this the end for Trump" headlines ad nauseam.
I have more knowledge of the world and economics than the average american, and I still do not consider my opinion on economic issues very informed beyond the most basic. What the average American looks for are a few key issues that they have either been raised to deem valuable, or have come to believe are valuable through experience. For example, after Obamacare passed and people got personally hit with fines in their taxes many went holy fuck what happened and started paying attention to healthcare issues. For me personally that is what woke me up so to say, before that I did not give two shits what the politicians did because I had my own life to worry about. That is how the average person thinks, so those issues they are not sure on that people were sure would sink him, did not outweigh the issues they cared about.

>We have still to see what the fallout is. Trump changes positions all the time. The tide is turning on guns, Trump wants to be popular, he is now pro gun control. Again, the man was a democrat, he's from New York. Why are you surprised?
It may seem that way from the media, but the tide on guns has not turned. They are just getting louder for a bit. If he turns on guns you can be sure he is done, I truly hope he does not though. I am not myself surprised if he does turn, one of the things I have learned in life is that most people are not the mask they wear at all. As of right now though, we shall see how this turns out. I have doubted him in the past and he came through, hopefully this turns out the same.

>Are you going to tell me you're against states rights next?
Regardless of who it is SHALL

>Though, I'm not a very optimistic person by nature, which is why I'm worried.
Yup same here, right now he is still at the stage of people going "whadda ya doin?" and can back out before the political spanking commences.

>Regardless of who it is SHALL
Is SHALL an acronym? I don't understand this sentence

Sorry, ran out of characters.
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Regardless of who is trying to infringe on the rights, be it state or federal, they do not have the authority. The only way they could get that authority is by changing the bill of rights, or pretend what they are doing doesn't actually infringe on those rights. Which everyone sees through but somehow still flies.

Gun control works over time. How many people have fully automatic weapons? Its a waiting game amigo. That said

SHALL

>That is how the average person thinks

The biggest problem with democracy (and yes the US is just as representative democracy as the rest of us) is an uninformed electorate.

> so those issues they are not sure on that people were sure would sink him, did not outweigh the issues they cared about

You misunderstand. I'm talking about what's nuclear for the GOP establishment. This doesn't overlap with the GOP voting base. However the GOP establishment drills certain lines into the dumb voters and makes them believe shit like "healthcare reform = socialism". What does that mean exactly? The average voter doesn't know. Thus it is that you have GOP voters with "hands off my medicaid" in one hand and "no single payer" in the other.

The point I'm making is that Trump proved a lot of what the GOP establishment considered a political third rail, a lot of Bernie Sanders level suggestions was completely fine with the GOP voters under the banner of populist conservatism rather than populist socialism.

>It may seem that way from the media, but the tide on guns has not turned.

The pro-gun lobby is strong but a minority among the population. Given that they're now actually doing things instead of thoughts&prayers, the tide has turned. Former NRA allies are abandoning them.

>I have doubted him in the past and he came through

You seriously still believe Trump has a coherent plan and platform at all?

>Regardless of who it is SHALL

Does it surprise you to know this limitless stance on the second amendment is a modern invention? It's the same as the "one nation under god" shit that came up in the cold war and dumb conservatives now think is what the founders wanted.