Sup Forums draws: Jojo, DIO's World Part 07

For those who already know what this is about, ignore this and wait until my second post before starting, I have some new things to explain today. For any other person who's new to this... yeah, read the following:

>What is this?
Basically, we redraw chapters from the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga. You can see or previous works here: imgur.com/a/gxASK/layout/horizontal#0, and here: imgur.com/a/ZHhtJ

>Why are you doing this on its own thread and not on a Jojo Thread?
Because those threads are being easily deleted and that's a problem. Also, I wanted to see if doing a separate thread more artists join us, since not every good artist on Sup Forums browses Jojo Threads.

>But I don't know shit about Jojo, can I join?
Well, of course you can! In fact, I'm sure your edits will be funnier if you don't know the context of what's happening.

>B-but I have no artistic skills...
Don't worry. Even if I call it a "redraw", photoshop edits of the original panels are perfectly valid.

>Enough talking, what are the rules?
Basically, these:

-You can only claim up to three panels, unless I say otherwise at some point during the production of the mosaic.
-You can't claim consecutive panels. But if you have to do it for whatever reason, do something differente with each one, with no continuity.
-You can find both the regular pages and the divided panels here: imgur.com/a/Ul5hO and please, be sure to open each image on a new tab and save it on its maximum size. Don't take your panels from pic related because there, the size is very reduced. And yes, you have to crop the individual panels by yourself, don't be lazy.
-You can do whatever you want with your panel or panels as long as it is SFW content, but please, don't change only the text and call it an edit. Always change something about the image.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Ul5hO
waldo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Waldo_Watchers
waldo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Odlaw_Swamp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First of all, we have something new on this week's chapter. As you can see, there are divided panels now, which means that certain panels will be done by four different anons... yes, mosaics inside a mosaic. Why doing that? Well, at first I planned to do it on Page 2 only, but then I saw that pages 3, 9 and 10 would be pretty boring if each big panel were done by only one user, so I decided to divide each big panel on four parts and see what happens. I hope the whole chapter becomes funnier that way.
-
You can find the regular pages and the divided panels here: imgur.com/a/Ul5hO

And finally, don't be scared about the amount of panels. It looks like a lot, but we actually did more panels on Chapters 2 and 3. Also, there won't be Mosaic on next friday, the next one will start on friday the 29 because we'll definitely deserve some rest after finishing Chapter 07. And I forgot one last thing, if Coverfag shows up, give him ideas for the new cover which will become also the cover for the Imgur's Album.
-
That's it, you can start claiming and posting.

I'll take that 7.4

Also, part 1 fucking when?

Fuck, I can't.
I'll take 5.6 instead

Finally. I'll take 1.4 first and then do 2 mspaint panels

Coverfag reporting in. I'm going to be really damn busy today (studying for tomorrow's university exam, yes it's on a fucking Saturday) but I'll be checking out the thread for ideas for the album cover. Also, I think I won't be able to actually start drawing it until monday, is that ok?

Goddamn I thought you were going next Friday not today. 1.0 my guy.

>Tfw no tablet this time.
I enjoy drawing these dammit. I thought it was forrnightly
Have fun guys x

Gonna nab that 11.5

>Tfw no tablet this time
Well, you're not alone in that feel. But I'll still try do something with my mouse.

0.K! And now that you mention it, I actually thought on starting it on the 29. I just wanted to do up to Kakyoin being donuted before doing Part 1.

I'll be waiting for those panels, the last one was a piece of art.

It's okay, don't worry about that. By experience, I can tell you this mosaic will finish around wednesday night or maybe a bit later.
-
Claimed: 1.4, 5.6

I'd like to claim 5.3.

Whoever does 11.8 better do a fine fucking job

0.K, do your best!

That's unfortunate. I hope you both can recover those tablets soon.
-
Claimed: 1.0, 1.4, 5.6, 11.5

Whoever does 11.8 will probably go south just for your post. I hope it's great too but I can't be optimistic about it.

0.K!

I hope so, and I can already imagine what kind of edit is going to be.
-
Claimed: 1.0, 1.4, 5.3, 5.6, 11.5

>not knowing the might of MS Paint's Line Tool
I literally drew for years on MS Paint as a kid, just dragging that thing wherever I wanted to. If I had a picture in my head I could make it with straight lines. The poor man's Digital Art from the early 2000s.

TFW I'm doing that right now

I don't even have a mouse currently and my tablet pen died just after the last mosaic.
I was thinking of drawing with my phone stylus but that has weird floaty.
The last time I didn't draw (the polnareff getting donuted down the stairs) I kinda regretted.
That's what I used to do too for MySpace and am trying to do right now.

Fuck, I can't think of anything right now, and when I do the best panels will surely be claimed already.

Same, my dudes. I don't know if scanning a traditional drawing is a good idea since my only attempt at it was average at most.

Fucking hell. I can't handle this.

claiming 11.8

10.6 claimed.

You said you don't have your tablet right? What exactly is keeping you from getting it? I'm a bit shocked by the sudden thread too but I'm a shoop guy, not a draw guy.

Well, the tablet I used wasn't mine to begin with, so it's back to it's owner. And I'm not sure if I should buy one for myself.

8.4 coming through!

>I'm not sure if I should buy one for myself.
Of course you should. Your art is good and you're good at using the tablet.

Claiming 6.5

10/10

Here's my edgy meme. I'm torn between 2.1, 2.2 and 3.0. For now I guess I'll take 2.1. I'll probably deliver tomorrow

Doesn't seem edgy enough.

That's a nice potential twin tower on fire next to that guy in the back.

Well, tracing panels isn't quite an indicator of a good skill. But I'll think about it.

I'll try but I can't promise anything

Still higher quality and effort than other edits. That alone makes it funnier to me. Ronald panels made me want to do my own.

It looks fine to me, better than most of things I could do.

0.K, do your best!

This is just great. I love it.

Thanks for your work! And it doesn't look so edgy. Also, do your best with that 2.1.
-
Done: 1.4, 5.6, 8.4
Claimed: 1.0, 2.1, 5.3, 6.5, 11.5

Well, that's cute. I hope, I'll find new one before 29th.

Claiming 5.7

Claiming 5.0

Here's my attempt at 6.5

>tfw at Mickeyland with only my phone

Can I take 8.2?

At least it has Mickey.

I went the easier route but it still looks nice

Save this instead please

...Well, jesus. I wanna know how you do that shit.

>7 virgins
you realize its 72 virgins right? also it obscures the D.

Does anyone have images of those little character portraits Araki does in late Part 7 onwards when someone is mentioned? Even if it's just full pages, that's fine.

Is the shit Disney?

I'll be taking that 1.2

Are we doing The Long Journey Ends or are we stopping at Dio's Dong?

Forgot image for reference in case I'm not clear.

I'll take 8.2
Also, checked

I claimed it first

Do you need one for a specific character?

It's because it's part 7. Also obscuring D is kinda the point

Any will do. I might compile all of the ones I find to make it easier for future reference.

>obscuring D is kinda the point
help my retardation and explain it

claiming 11.8

It's a meme that's meant to look as sloppy as possible

Pretty simple, just trace the original face on a different layer in Photoshop and add it details the original didn't have, and then color it the way you want. Just make sure to add shadows with at least two shade of a same color in order to make your edit not too lazy.

Also I used a tablet to do it, guess it would be much harder with only a mouse, but a wonky drawing is cool too here.

You're too late. Mosaicanon forgot to add it to his list even though he replied to it.

Claiming 2.0

Delivering my shitty panel

Are you positive that's the image's original size? It looks like you took it from the OP.

I got it from the imgur page, If I fucked it up somehow I'll just redo it, 8.2 is a really fucking small panel.

Ah I did fuck it up, let me just fix it quick.

I can't decide between 9.0 and 9.1

goddamn I don't even read jojo but fuck me this is good

Is this better?

1.0 guy here, I'm going to take 5.8 while I'm at it. Progress is going smoothly.

Feel free to contribute

Could you guys help me?
What texture would you think HGs tentacles/web is? Something organic and fleshy or more plastic-tube like?
I haven't done a scenery manip in over 4 years and trying to mask with a track pad is making me cry
Please ignore the pillars, I'm going to retexture them with ones from Cairo. Just my toaster can't into PS's 3d.

0.K people, do your best!

Good!

Thanks for your work!

We'll probably do it,

Fuck, sorry for the mess. I hope the list is fixed now.

You should participate, my dude.

I recommend 9.1
-
Done: 1.4, 5.6, 6.5, 8.2, 8.4
Claimed: 1.0, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, 5.0, 5.3, 5.7, 5.8, 11.5, 11.8

claiming 6.0

and here is 11.8

I can do 4.3 :)

Could've been worse. Still cool.

claiming 5.5

Oh sorry.
I'll take 8.3 then

5.3 Is here. I've gone through so many Waldo wiki pages you wouldn't even believe.
But this panel straight up spoils what my next two will be about.
Good luck to you, I hope so as well.

I did this one in my iconic artstyle.
Do you prefer it like this or even more incomprehensible like the last one?

It's not a matter of what he does, it's who he does it to.

Delivering 5.5

1.0 done.

Done

Delivering

see >Don't take your panels from pic related because there, the size is very reduced. And yes, you have to crop the individual panels by yourself, don't be lazy.

That's not the original size of the picture my dude. It'll get stretched the fuck out in the final product. Here's the actual panel in its full size.

I see you're a fellow Waldo Watcher as well. waldo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Waldo_Watchers

>Checking out the Waldo wiki for some reason
>see a single quote from Odlaw
>Odlaw: It's a good thing we cartoon villains heal quickly.
What a perfect fit for Dio

Wouldn't say I'm that big of a fan, but I think it's fun.

Hmmm...

Each parter we get weirder into the Waldo lore.

Even more perfect when you realize there are a lot of Odlaws in the bigger multiverse. waldo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Odlaw_Swamp
Same. I hope we are not breaking Mosaic user's rules of panels with continuity though.
Ain't it great?

For the love of God give me 5.1

I've got some other stuff to do, but here's a WIP, in a much lower resolution of course.
I'm a relatively seasoned mosaicer, but this is probably gonna take me a while still.

0.K!

Why am I laughing so hard at this.

I'm saving this for now, but you should make a new one with the correct size.

Thanks for your work!

Both styles are fine, but if I had to choose, I prefer this one.

At some point during the remaining chapters, there's going to be at least one epic confrontation between Waldo and Odlaw. I can feel it. And don't worry man, you're not breaking any rules.
-
Done: 1.0, 1.4, 2.1, 4.3, 5.3, 5.5, 5.6, 6.5, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 11.8
Claimed: 1.2, 2.0, 5.0, 5.1, 5.7, 5.8, 6.0, 11.5
-
Btw, always let me know if there's some mistake on the numbers above. Pic related is always updated, but sometimes I mess the numbers.

>I hope we are not breaking Mosaic user's rules of panels with continuity though
When I did mine I still hadn't checked other pannels, so I didn't know there was a waldo pannel already.

Good!

Don't worry, take your time. It's looking great.

>At some point during the remaining chapters, there's going to be at least one epic confrontation between Waldo and Odlaw. I can feel it.
I actually had planned for Jotaro to be Willy, since Waldo already died in Part 5. He's his nephew. Koichi poses would be needed. I like having autistic continuity between chapters since it keeps me from doing continuous panels and lets one imagine the complete story unfold off-screen, as if every panel was his own universe or something. Still, it's great that the Waldo Watchers aren't breaking rules.