My Whole Life Was Unlimited Blade Works

Who is the best Shirou, and why is it the UBW version?

Because UBW is the optimistic outcome of having his ideals challenged and people generally like to see the hero win. Also he has one of the best moments in the series in his fight with Gil.

I like HF Shirou more because in that route he's actually a hero. I love the fact he literally breaks his own mind and body in order to save Sakura and Illya, that's what a true hero should do, save people. Going on an autistic rampage over muh hero ideals while fucking off to London and ignoring the problems close to you is not a very hero attitude.

The looming tragedy that UBW is going to walk Archer's path, step for step is what makes it best Shirou (and best Rin) user.

Tragic timeloops that everyone in them are aware of but choose them anyway as an exercise of free will are the best, user.

Shirou will follow his ideals, become a hero, and be betrayed by his ideals.

Rin will not save the boy she saved.

Neither of them will stop trying to do their best anyway. We're off to England.

UBW will not walk Archer's path. There is a slightly non-zero chance of it happening in every route (including UBW and HF), but in the routes we see he does not, confirmed by Nasu.

I find it amusing how there are so many more Shiroufags after Ufo's UBW aired.

He's quite alot more likeable in the abbreviated and rape-scene-less anime than he is in the VNs

Best MC is UBW Shirou. Best girl is Rin. Best story is HF.
2nd best MC is Fate Shirou. 2nd best girl is Sakura. 2nd best story is UBW.

Personally, I like UBW Shirou the most because he's the most idealistic. Pursuing an ideal that you know is impossible and doomed to fail, but doing so regardless because the ideal is just beautiful and worth pursuing. It's cliche and all, but I really like these kinds of things. On top of that, I find Rin's dynamic with Shirou just the best. The only sour note in UBW for me is them saving Shinji.

Though I'll admit that I do consider HF Shirou the best thematically and narratively, because it fits the overall development for both himself and Kerry more and resolves both their character arcs the best.

Very good taste. Only thing I disagree with is that Saber should be second best girl, but impeccable taste regardless

This was the best individual iteration of his character. You get all the steadfast heroism and righteousness of Fate Shirou but you also get to see his ideals get questioned and shit on by people like Gilgamesh and Archer.
It's a nice balance where the story doesn't feel like a children's cartoon or where Shirou goes full retard and abandons all of his previous moral values for pussy.

The lost man is more interesting.

No. He's not.

His entire schtick is that he doesn't give a shit about anything anymore, barely remembers anything of the life he used to live, and his only wish is to fall deeper and deeper into oblivion until he has literally nothing left.

He doesn't even remember Saber or Fuji-nee.

That is why he is more interesting...?

>his only wish is to fall deeper and deeper into oblivion
no

Yes.

>"It feels as though all those meaningless bonds are crumbling apart. The sooner they dissolve like a sand castle, the better."
>"You really did it, Master. Everything within me has turned to nothing. I've truly become a nameless Heroic Spirit."

He really wants everything to disappear. His name, his memories, everything he once was, everything he is. He wants it all gone. This is his one and only desire.

I LOVE SHIROU

Is this poster Rin or Seiba?

If it was Sakura it would have egregious use of senpai, if it was Luvia it would be Sherou. I think Seiba, because Rin is a bit too tsundere to admit it like that. Opinions?

The best protagonist!!!!!!!!!

I can't watch this cos the only thing I have heard of it was that shitty Rog Rogerson video and it sounded stupid as fuck because of it.

Same with Kill la Kill

Well if it were Rin wouldn't it be Emiya-kun?

I'm Illya

He went to London to learn skills. He needs skills to be a hero. Haven't you ever seen Disney's adaption of Heracles?

>Illya
>not calling him onii-chan