Are there any recent examples of anime's influence on western culture?

Are there any recent examples of anime's influence on western culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/1090768/4f349232e9/
youtube.com/watch?v=7CVxE-fXCFA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ironic weebs

>KAWAII

>2017
>kawaii

It's called moe, you slowfucks.

>RWBY
>anime

the pic is from an official stream by Arcsystemworks yesterday

made by Mori, creator of Guilty Gear

馬鹿の一つ覚えみたいに言うしな
kawaii desu ne

I liked Ruby's appearance in this:
e-hentai.org/g/1090768/4f349232e9/

>Are there any recent examples of anime's influence on western culture?

You just posted RWBY. What do you think?

those guys in the comic, all me.

That's me fucking Ruby

>imply Blake isn't best girl
Plebs. Catgirls are the best!

Jaden Smith's vanity project.

Ruby is absolute best girl.

Mori is the creator and director of blazblue, not guilty gear.

the creator of guilty gear is daisuke ishiwatari.

Wrong and gay, faggot. Blake will rule!

dude, that image was made by a japanese man. they have all the right to put the word 'kawaii'

>Japanese people actually use the word kawaii

and you all thought it was just a meme

I can think of at least one

> No mention of Fujotron: Legendary Defender

It even has Elevens fangirling over it. I remember searching up a piece of fanart, onlt to find the artist had a yaoi comic of it front and center.

>tfw used to love Voltron as a kid
>tfw youthful hopes and dreams destroyed by fujos

No the dumb jap doesn't. Japs bow down to us AMERICANS so they do whatever we WANT.

I'm glad the faggot who made that series is dead.

>anime

There's of course the Avatar shows, and also Overwatch.
And other examples, too.
Naturally all those shows etc. still feel inherently western, but that's probably good, because while some westerners can give a rather authentic mango-feeling, most are simply bad at this.
But the influences are there, and I'm absolutely sure a good deal of writers are weebs.
not sure if this thread can be allowed here - but I think the other media boards wouldn't want it either, except /tg/ for gaming specific stuff.

I think talking about anime's influence is fine as long as we don't pretend these things are anime or belong on Sup Forums otherwise.

My biggest issue with a lot of these "anime-likes" is that the people who make them usually have very superficial knowledge of anime. RWBY is the biggest example of this and it shows: the """director""", Monty Oum, was an actual weeaboo (and Asian) and enjoyed things like Evangelion. But then the two monkey idiots he hired as writers hadn't watched it at all until he told them to watch SAO. It shows.

I remember when the show was just coming out on NetFlix. The reaction went from zero to gay in seemingly a few days. I recall one particular Japanese twitter user thay Sup Forums was following. Their watching their tweets got from curiosity about the product, to talking about how Kieth was a doing gravure poses and Shiro was a cute bara man (and probably a bottom) was...something. It's not even like the show is actually gay, or even gay pandering, I guess having so many males was like honey to them? I dunno.

Fortunately, studio Mir hasn't been doing any actual pandering to their fanbase. I know the Tumblr crowd wanted Pidge (who's a reverse trap here) to be a transboy, and Mir flatly refused. Good on them for that.

Ye gods. These fujos and yaoishitters... they're parasites, aren't they. Just latching on to whatever looks appealing to them with not even a care in the world for the negative reaction that causes among straight people who were more interested in the story anyway. smdh

Wasn't Powerpuff Girls slightly anime-inspired? Japan even made their own PPG anime.
Is it any good?

I can't help but draw some similarities between yaoifags and yurifags. The latter will latch on to shows without any gay subtext and insert it to support their ship too. There seems to be a lot of complaints about them in threads here, too. Though I atleast haven't heard any horror stories about yuri fans throwing riots and death threats to authors that don't support their ship. But that may just be because I have not looked.

It may help that yurifans are more likely to be pandered to more often. I think there is a reason that there are so many anime now where males seem to not exist.

Oh no. Why is he even making that?

That's not how you spell Weiss.

Exactly, 'cause I was spelling Blake. Weiss a shit; A SHIT!

It even had that manga style Mr.Green episode

Blake is trash, you have shit taste

Right back atcha, Blake is best girl and you know it!

>Make a action cartoon using some old poser program

>go to the hospital for a simple procedure, but end up dieing from some accident

>cartoon goes on to get manga by professional japanese artist as well as art book, and MC gets put into a fucking Japanese crossover fighting game

>You're dead tho

Monkey's paw.
He had to sacrifice himself for his creation.

Hey Sandy, can we say that ANIME from Texas is dumb??

Plenty of Japanese fanart to be found of waifu watch, even saw a Tracer doujin. Not surprising considering

A lot of cartoons have influence from anime. Powerpuff Girls, AtLA, and Teen Titans come to mind. Of course you have RWBY which is just a terribly written recent example. Others have brought up Overwatch which clearly has anime influences with some of the character designs and artwork. It's less apparent but the Japanese operators in Rainbow 6 Siege are so fucking emo/chunni.

Ah, the old "RWBY is terribly written" meme. Almost as classic as the "RWBY isn't anime" meme.

>There seems to be a lot of complaints about them in threads here, too.
And for good reason.
See this thread for a /u/ example: See any YoI/SnK/BnHA/etc. thread for /y/
Even as a gayfag it gets tiring. My interest in a series is not contingent upon having cockslurping homofags everywhere. I went most of my life consuming and enjoying entertainment that didn't have gays in it. I don't enjoy those things any less for not being gay and I doubt my enjoyment would be significantly greater if they were. I just want interesting, entertaining media.

Trannies are a fucking plague on media and ruin everything they touch. I can hardly go on /hm/ or /y/ without seeing some FtM throwing a hissyfit about cuntboys not being allowed and that gay men are transphobic genital fetishizers.

>PPG anime
I've barely heard anything about it other than "it's okay." I'm sure it's better than the abomination of a reboot CN is putting out.

It really is horrible though, I tried giving it a chance because it had cute girls but it's almost unbearably bad.

RWBY is pretty fuckin bad user, sorry to break it to you. It doesn't really have good fights anymore now that Monty's dead.

Actually they replaced almost all of the animators that used to work with Monty. So you could say that the only thing remaining from Monty is the concept.

If the straight people were more interested in the story, why do they even give a shit?

also,
>straight
>on Sup Forums
Good joke mate.

Blake is worst girl.
Weiss is second best girl.
Roman is best girl

rvb > rwby

too bad it got boring, along with the halo franchise

>rvb
>good passed the first season
trying to have a plot was a mistake

>all these pleb choices
You guys haven't even scratched the surface of "best girls"

Faggots; when will they learn?

I actually like the fights better now. They're still over-the-top but they don't make me nauseous like Monty's did.

It was all worth it just for the surprise I got the first time we got a Monty-animated scene

>Is glad the creator is dead
>Series gets to continue on though b/c he conveniently left several notes and outlines detailed enough for it to continue living
Yay?

When was the last time Halo was good?

Multiplayer (competitive): Halo 3
Campaign and Multiplayer (fun-wise): Reach

MCC has to be the most disappointing addition to the franchise. When I thought that Halo couldn't get any worse they literally released a game that with matchmaking that didn't even work.

>MC gets put into a fucking Japanese crossover fighting game
Not just her too, most expect the rest of the girls plus Team JNPR, Qrow, and/or one of the main villains to represent the series.
Hyped as fuck for this game honestly, here's hoping Susano'o gets in

> Like a show and want to talk about it with other people who like said show.
> Get flooded with gayness on your first attempt.
> Implying this does not annoy people

There is a nice, homoerotica-free Voltron thread on /m/. It's been a while since I checked up on Sup Forums, but the last time I did, the term "Voltron Swamp" was very apt. I've been given indication that it's no different nowadays.

Blur's H2A cutscenes are literally the GOAT

I just watched them on youtube desu. My friends moved on from Halo so I didn't have anyone to play it with.

But both of those are true. RWBY isn't anime, and it's one of the worst written things ever.

Monty was the only talented person at that entire company, and he should've gone off to Japan and gotten a job, instead of being killed by his bitch of a girlfriend.

All series get flooded with lewd after a point. This is not a bad thing.

Fuck you people.
If you're so fucking interested in anime being Western, go fucking talk about it on Sup Forums and stop shitting up Sup Forums with your faggot threads.
And fuck the mods for leaving this shit here.

>worst written things ever
Typo.

It's not one of the worst written things ever, but it's incredibly generic except for Monty's designs. Miles and Kerry are hacks.

> it's one of the worst written things ever.
better than most (all?) anime this season

>And fuck the mods for leaving this shit here.
Clearly nobody is reporting or it would have been deleted a long time ago. Sup Forums mods are much more responsive compared to any other board, they can't enforce the rules if nobody reports

The thread is about anime and has discussion. Why delete it?

You can just hide it if you don't care about it.

You're confusing lewd with shippers. Both are likely going to happen, but only one of these have the potential to completely destroy a fanbase, and in some rare and absurd cases, affect the work itself.

>Re;Creators
>Made in Abyss
>Tsurezure Children
>Fateshit

It's not about anime, though.

I can't tell if you're agreeing or not.

We will be the first country to reach the point where we start producing our own anime, just you watch.
France superpower by 2020.

Tsurezure Children is unironically the best romance anime in the last two years minimum.

Fate is typical Fateshit, but at the very least it doesn't have an arc dedicated to the worst character in the entire show being bullied.

Made with Abyss is mostly garbage, but at least it's not nearly as generic. Same with Re;Creators

Wrong, I reported it, and it's still here.

>liking the shitty cat

>not liking catgirls
Utter shit taste, user.

still mad that this isn't anime

>RWBY is one of the most popular anime in Japan
>RWBY actually managed to get in the JUMP
You know what, fuck you all, RWBY is better than like the 90% of things airing today anyways. I will dance in your graves once TRIGGER pick this up and save anime.

>re;creators
>not generic
>made in abyss garbage compared to the other three shows listed
You should get your taste looked at, it sounds broken.

>the premise of LN characters becoming real and fighting is somehow more generic than four anime tropes go to battle high school together

What is this show even about, anyway?

>Trigger making RWBY

Why? Why do you make me want things i know i'll never have?

>Trigger making RWBY
I'd be dancing with you because then Monty's designs could have writers and animators that aren't completely ass

It's basically Final Fantasy, Meets Naruto, Meets Harry Potter, Meets Soul Eater. It's actually not bad considering how it started. The animation has improved since the creator died but the fight choreography is not as good as it was under Monty. Still decent though

You know that one idea for a setting that you came up with when you were 14, eventually dropped because it was retarded, and now cringe at remembering? Well imagine if you didn't do that and made it your life's work instead.

It's the execution that made it generic, not the plot.

But as it is, the plot is just a reverse isekai. It's not been done a lot, but just being a reverse isekai the genericness of isekai seeps into it.

>tfw all the edgy kids hate on the Teen Titans reboot
>I like it because it's basically a CGDCT comedy with mixed gender cast

>youtube.com/watch?v=7CVxE-fXCFA
was recently picked up by Netflix

Only good thing about RWBY was
Roman

>Tsurezure Children is unironically the best romance anime in the last two years minimum.
It's one of the worst, no fucking joke. It's all climax without buildup, it's irredeemable shit no matter how many "cute" screencaps you post.

The guy that made the manga work with TRIGGER, wouldn't be weird if he had already shown it to the team

>was
>implying

Written like a true ironic weeaboo.

>implying anime wasn't always western
The industry as we know it today would not exist were it not for the American Occupation post-WWII and retro anime drawing inspiration from western sources.

>liking CGDCT
I see why you liked TT: Go, your taste is shit

That's not Neo

TRIGGER doesn't make adaptations.