Re:Creators

The montage of all the creators working, typing away on their keyboards, staying at night, drawing on their tablets and quality-checking was probably the only thing that made me feel /something/ in this entire anime. It was very lovely.
It's really incredible how easy and accessible creating has become these days. Armed just with a computer, a drawing tablet and an internet connection, you could reach the hearts of people all over the world. I'd lie if I say I am not thinking about creating something of my own right now. In fact, I've been thinking about it, but I guess all I needed was a gentle push.
All in all, Re:Creators was a lackluster anime that lasted way too long, and in the end, I was left with more questions than answers, but it was a fun ride.

Meteora basically creates a blender-portal, invited the creations (except Shark) into it and murdered them while remaining safe and sound.
Whew, what an ending. Meteora fucked everyone over and somehow that's acceptable?

Oh it's already time for the last episode?
It never felt like anything was over. Fuck this show, it's like nothing interesting ever happened.

This was way worse than Aldnoah, and that's something.
What the fuck is happening to Aoki? Why is he losing all his talent?

>This was way worse than Aldnoah
You could argue that it was because it was set in the "real" world, but even Hataraku Maou-sama pulled off the "fantasy characters in urban setting" better. Why did Re:Creators end up being the way it did? It can't be just one person that's responsible for this. There must've been other people that the script for this must've gone through.

>The montage of all the creators working, typing away on their keyboards, staying at night, drawing on their tablets and quality-checking
You mean the montage that canonically meant absolutely nothing?

>Why did Re:Creators end up being the way it did?
Taking itself too seriously, I guess? At least that's what I thought during the first half of the show.

>Meteora fucked everyone over and somehow that's acceptable?
Yes.

Don't forget Hiroe, he's losing his touch for fun things.

What does she work as now?

man, japan always make anime with good setting but the execution and ending is always poor.

I expect nothing less from this anime. 22 episodes of garbage. Dropped every week for two seasons.

there was no shark.

unacceptable.

I wonder how Troyca is still alive after those two garbage original project named Aldnoah and Re:creators.

>the only thing that made me feel /something/ in this entire anime.
Well.
Mamika getting pincussion'd was great too.

Aldnoah still sold decently. Re:creators is a failure though.

This was filler: the anime 2017 edition. 13 episodeds couldve saved this shit

Where did she go to? It was too open an ending.

She pretty much got on a plane and fucked off from the story.

She was the only creation that openly murdered two innocent humans, and got away unscathed.

It doesn't matter, she was literally a plot device every time she appeared with no other purpose.

[Screams internally]

The only good part of this entire anime was when they ignore Meteora.

This.

God damn, all they had to do is show some short cut scenes: of Selesia and her bf drinking coffee, of Alicetaria and Mamika traveling somewhere, of Shark enjoying herself somewhere in the real world.
During some boring ass monologues about creators they could show that transcended characters are all right by showing Rui trying to build his robot's plastic model in his world, Yuuya and Shou searching for monk, Blitz smoking and petting his daughter's head, Hikayu walking on date. And putting creators and how they are doing their best in the end. Instead we got Meteora's and Sato's monologues with mostly useless cuts on sky, monuments, face close ups and then they showed us ugly ass creators we watched the whole episodes AGAIN. Fuck this thing. I'm glad it's over and Hime won.

Sawano made a long OST that was perfectly listenable to, and in the end it was either underused or used at the wrong times.
Honestly, using God of Ink with Meteora?

They died dude. The portal kills them. They only exist if their story gets written, and the birdcage events aren't canon. Blitz Talker's daughter for example can't just simply show up out of nowhere in the middle of the story.

>pic not related

Why did Blitz agreed to return there then?

but they had a poster right at the end with Blitz and his daughter

>I don't want to live in a world with you in it
>moves to a world created by her own twisted imagination

Yes, she can. They already wrote that part and made the crossover canon.

I guess they could claim the crossover is canon but it is so retarded it can't even qualify as a plot twist or genre flip.

tl;dr Magane has created a world of drooling retards with extremely low standards.

>Blitz Talker's daughter for example can't just simply show up out of nowhere in the middle of the story
True, but it's obvious that she wasn't as cold hearted as she wanted to appear in front of her own creation. She probably found some way to return her into the story without it feeling off.

It says "Another story" on the poster, so this is an alternate universe reboot.

Charon deserved better

It does?
Oh well...

Since it's finally over, can we all agree that Meteora was best girl?

>killed everyone at the end
>best girl

Altair is best, with Sirius (Altair) as a runner up.

She was a walking plot device throughout the anime, but I'd lie if I didn't fall in love with her in the last minutes.

I wonder if she still cosplays as herself. I wonder if there are people criticising her cosplay.

This show needed casual clothes Altair.

I would tear open those pantyhose with my hard dick and shag her back into her own world.

Victory

I want her to sit on my face

This. I'm mad

She wouldn't have gone back anyways, she knew what was coming and basically fucked off early to enjoy chaos.

What a trainwreck

Did the episode explain how Altair got into the real world?

Honestly it was good.

The ritual is as follows:
>Become famous artist
>Get slandered and fall into a pit of depression
>Make an OC and a music video
>Kill yourself on the EXACT day you release the video
If it goes viral your OC will start her quest for vengeance, but you'll stay dead.

Yes, I'm glad she didn't go back. Hope she hooks up with our MC.

No, and it's preferable that way.

>Two worst girls get to live, everyone else is dead
Shit ending

best girl is fine though.

The way I understood Meteroa's infodump, she was actually the Setsuna that appeared since you're forever dead when you are killed.

She's with Altair now.

Meteora is cute!

>tfw blitz is a lolifag

of course, she's the cutest afterall

user, shark's power is basically: she lies, someone denies, her lie becomes truth. The bird cage depended strongly on audience acceptance. Shark gave Sota her powers. Setsuna had very low audience acceptance, that's why no one actually thought of bringing her character.
So Sota lies putting his OC Setsuna as canon, crowd denies, so she became real character.

He's not into incest.

Wrong, you stupid fuck.

What the actual fuck, when did Selesia and Aliceteria fucking die?

unceremoniously one after the other

I'm still mad.

I'll miss her a lot

>tfw people you followed years ago on twitter and niconico got a record deals and is now making anime OPs and stuff.

Magane is still on the loose

With that logic, Soda nearly gets the world destroyed because he refused to give Setsuna the dick.

The only reason he's still alive was because of a strangely heroic shark and the efforts of others.

And out of everything, he gets a job in the anime industry. Something Setsuna died for. Soda is a monster.

cute

The ones we knew, yeah

>meteora wrote the show.
that explains so many things.

this. fuck soda for not picking up the subtext of setsuna's "is it really OK for me to keep drawing?" sms. it's not like he had any significant talent in the first place, why should he resent setsuna for being good? isn't he a fan of pixiv in the first place? how different this story would have been if soda had reacted more like the MC of kashiwagi-san manga instead of being a jealous emo'ing little bitch.

She won. Her plan worked, she took the money she made and decided to get out and get comfy in watching the world burn.

Think about this. His part in the whole Festival really had zero acceptance. Thanks to having zero acceptance they were able to uso no uso it. So he is a complete fucking scrub writing fanfic of his dead waifu and no one really liked it. Especially not the people in this thread.

we truly were Re:CREATORS after all

Yaa yaa gomen gomen

i want to unleash a torrent of hot glue on selesia's cleavage cut-out

Who knew Meteora was good friends with a manipulative murderer for her to give Shark a good end?

>we got a bunch of popular creators to spend months slaving over a bunch of stories that would all fit together and provide the audience with the most touching, enjoyable experience possible
>but we couldn't even scratch a meme character made by some literally who on the internet

This is what got me. You can spend your whole life working to perfect your craft and never come close to some random hobbyist who, by sheer luck, makes something that resonates with people on a basic level.

How much did Nissan pay?

Who cares about shark? Where was Mamika? I waited the entire second cour for her to come back.

Dead like the genre she represents

Hime is basically Sonichu. The fact official workd got buttraped by said Sonichu is hilariousnin its own way.

There are tons of hobbyists, so inevitably some will end up resonating more with the audience than a committee of moderately successful professionals.

That's the best part of this ending. She waits until all of them are in the blender before she mentions she can't go back herself.

I like what it tried to do, and some the ideas, but man the lack of payoffs for what is set up and all the missed opportunities just grind on me. Altair never even interacts with Sota, and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to weird storytelling this anime had. At some point Hiroe went straight up his as (he did the same thing with Aldnoah.Zero and really delaying black lagoon for this?) and just wrote something for him and no-one else, and it shifted focus entirely to the creator/creation relationship. This basically derailed the character interactions and characterization, and we got this half-baked mix of a battle royale, an inquiry into the creative process and a character drama, none of which were very compelling. Overall its got its ups, but I'm probably never going to rewatch this.

Mamika > Meteora > Kanoya >>> Eroge > Altair > Shark > Selesia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alice

several would have redeemed altair without all the bullshit

What did she mean by this?

Not that I like how Altair's character turned out but the fact that she didn't even appear for a second in the last episode is appalling

So in the end Soda didn't give Meteora the dick.

He was waiting until she became a normal human that could get pregnant from the semen of a god of pleasure.

>god of pleasure
>couldn't even satisfy a single depressed girl

this. she was ripe for the taking but soda couldn't be a fucking man

Shit episode. Fucking dropped

Officially, she's based on Black Rock Shooter.

What's funny is that the only one who noticed this was Ohnishi. For all his weirdness, he's probably one of the smarter characters in the story.

>People want Meteora to get with Souta
>People want Altair to get with Souta
>People want Magane to get with Souta
I can get the last one as Soda is a little bitch, but why Meteora and Altair? I dont like them but that faggot souta doesn't deserve them at all. He doesn't even deserve the ground Setsuna stepped on. He's also one of the worst bland protagonists disguised as "narrators" ever.