Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido Arc

What did you think?

Were Ashitaro and Asahi shown in the original series? It says they were with Shishio but I don't remember them at all.

Ddi you even read the notes? And they weren't.

>sequel to kenshin

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

Maybe this mean's there's hope for a Yu Yu Hakusho revival as well!

Was just happy to see them all again

>insists on using western naming system
>unkilling (?????)

Interested to see how Watsuki retcons Kenshin being unable to fight and his Scar coming back after Jinchu.

so MS is doing this? at least now i won't have to search for the Viz dumps

Fuck I'll have to read it all over because I don't remember shit.

Pretty sure they weren't, unless you can find some faceless mooks that look like them.

Well well, are you gonna dump the whole shit or not?

They're from a spin off.

It's kind of weird how the mangaka just flew under the radar for an entire decade. What the fuck happened?

>Kenshin Himura, my husband

should I read the oneshots that set the sequel up or is that not necessary?

>Maybe this mean's there's hope for a Yu Yu Hakusho revival as well!
>Togashi doing 2 series
user......

I'm still mad Viz never licensed Embalming. They licensed every other Watsuki project and I really liked the setting.

I'm somewhat behind on this, but it seems like a necessary thing to do. 9/10 times Shonen usually has it's side work retconned.

As much as I want YYH's narrative style back, I rather not have it turn into Yu Yu Hiatus. Besides, YYH is one of the few Shonen that had a perfect or at least above average ending.

>my husbando saito is back
All is right in the world

>Niggastream

Should I reread Rurouni Kenshin? Would it hold up?

I'm just not feeling it.

It was okay, I guess. It was good for being a sequel we didn't need.

This is wrong on so many levels though, Kenshin's story already ended. If they wanted to do a sequel they shouldn't have named it Rurouni Kenshin.

None of the stuff he made after Kenshin found any real success.

It absolutely does. It's still one of the GOAT battle shounen.

I like it

So much for unusable hiten mitsurugi ryu.

>mangastream
So how long until Kenshin starts speaking in Ebonics?

lots of flops, he tried stuff and it didn't work, now he's back with Kenshin as the bills won't pay themselves

>Yahiko pass me the fucking sakabatou

Hilarious

That's why I find it weird. I'm guessing he wasn't really successful in Japan, but I know for sure Rurouni Kenshin was popular in the West since I see at least 2-3 people reading the manga every time I visit the library while growing up.

Then looking him up to see he has another manga he had been illustrating for 8 years, it makes me wonder how the manga didn't get canned already if it's so unpopular. It's also weird that I can't find any review on it despite how popular his previous work was.

For a lot of people born in the late-80s/early-90s, it was essentially baby's first manga skim, most people forgot about it

There was Busou Renkin that went to shit quite quickly, and then Embalming that dragged on near the end and devolved into battle shounen.

Embalming was always battle shounen since the beginning.

By the way, is no one continuing scanlating it? I really liked it.

It got cancelled years ago.

Reminder that Reflection is semi-canon, it will just have a few changes to make a happy ending.

Isn't his body deteriorating? How is he still the strongest? He should be weaker than Saito by now.

Didn't really like the first chapter, don't know why it was necessary to introduce so many new characters.

Hilarious, I've managed to develop hatred for both Alan the spunky haapa and the edgy squirt who somehow carries Shishio's sword, hatred after just one chapter

What, you guys didn't read the spins off prequel of hokkaido arc?