White people BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Tiger's_Mouth
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hey man how you like ur boat?
>just give it to me at the bottom of the ocean senpai

They got rekt by whites

Yet China colonized nothing, explored nothing and discovered nothing. Big useless ship.

>Chinese explorer
>Never had colony

Wew

Who cares about boats? We have the bigger dicks

before you guys get TRIGGERED. I have to admit that ship looks pretty sweet. It would be like a floating town; having a [decent] cabin on that ship would damn comfy while you explore foreign lands

How many new continents did they discover with that piece of junk, pun intended.

They did colonise some islands if I remember correctly. But it was mostly bullshit, they would show up in those bigass ships near some island fucks and be like "respect mah athoritah". Basicly all their efforts were halted by the rigid imperial beurocratic system.

If you want to know the story behind this...

So this is legit... But they had some crazy emperor who was against giant boats and exploring for whatever reason and he ordered that all of the ships be destroyed and banned them...

Not joking

Compensating for something aint we now China boy?

What an innovative design, looks extremely sea-worthy.
[sarcasm intensifies]

The funny thing is those were like actual colony ships, they had hydroponics and shit and had a ton of craftsmen on them.

>Size is better than efficiency

I honesty wish this Chinese fantasy was true. It would be cool, but it ain't real.

Weird, I thought wooden ships got torn apart at dimensions like that.

Big ship but no big ambitions, could of ruled waves with ships like these.

OH NONONONONONNONONONONO

How are the Qing ever going to recover?

And stayed in China while Europe conquered the world

Now that I think about it, those chineese huge ships had all the signs of typical imperial overengeneering and corruption. It must have cost a fortune to maintain, and was probably designed to cost even more so that a lot of beurocrats could put a lot of gold in their pockets.

you need bigger ships for shitskins who live in large insect populations

They are still both very small though. How do you even get on it? Ship for ants!?

The Chinese have a pretty pathetic military history.

That's not the point here. At that point in time they could have taken all the spice islands for themselves with those gargantuan ships.

>hydroponics
SHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEET MANE

those sails look shitty, did they work?

>China built bigger ships than Europoors
LOL
China got cucked by a girl!
Do you know who Ching Shih IS?
She terrorized china at sea and they gave her immunity and a bunch of other shit when she got tired of fucking with them because they couldn't stop her.
>m-muh big ship

It's not the size of the shop, it etheridge size of the native population you subvert by getting them hooked on Opium

That huge Chinese ship would get absolutely wrecked by a small European frigate.
It would be like a jumbo jet versus a jet fighter.

Chinese ships were slower. Still cool as fuck.

Big wooden ships are a bad idea with the existence of cannons though.

A small ship has the firepower to drop that sucker.

Cannons are expensive You lose a ton of firepower when a big ship sinks. A bunch of small ships with the cannons spread out is a far superior.

They had gardens on their ship to grow food. They went to Africa and brought back a giraffe for the emperor. They called it a magical unicorn. Then some emperor blamed Japanese pirates for raiding his ships and shut everything down.

asians run countries like they drive

stuck at intersections and round abouts having anxiety attacks and over thinking it

Also.
>be chineese
>know secret of boom-powder for a shit ton of time
>even have boomsticks
>nah, empire stronk, no need fot developed metalurgy, we'll just use spears
>get #rekt by any european power with more then two blacksmiths
lololo
Also
>be ching-chong
>try to copy western naval powers
>build picrelated
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

It's amazing you're the first one to point this out....

Those sails were good at cretain types of wind. But as you can see on OPs picture the westerners figured out that a lot of different types of sailes in an areodynamic combination worked far better.

Wasnt Columbus' ship pretty small compared to warships at the time?

Basically this.

Chinese ships were fucking slow.

This is why they needed a massive expensive ship to explore. They had to store way more resources.

>chinese """""""explorer"""""""
>couldn't even discover Australia
IT'S RIGHT FUCKING THERE!!

None of these treasure ships were ever found, theres evidence of the Chinese building and regularly sailing some enormous ships but no direct evidence that they were building and sailing ships that match the claimed dimensions of these treasure ships.

Supposedly European boats were the most advanced in the world, if not the largest.

Looks like columbus ship is far better developed (sails and so on)

Compare this to the portugese
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Tiger's_Mouth

3 to 6 ships
250-760 men over 300-700 ships
over 30,000 men
Casualties and losses
Few Heavy

lmao butthurt han pigs jelly of the european for having a history and achievements

Didn't the chinks have a literal whore for an Empress once?

holy shit

yes but tbf so did the greeks

That's an artists impression and has never been proven.

This is an art display from a museum in the UAE.

Zero evidence behind it.

There are accounts of VERY large river boats in China. Basically floating palaces. I doubt a ship of that design ever sailed in an ocean. The first storm would destroy it and the the sails are inadequate.

The addition of turkish slant sails to traditional european square sails did a breakthrough performancewise. Also you can feel that aerodynamic and hydrodynamic form.

No surprise. China is a test in fucking insanity

HHHUUURRR HAEY GUIZ, MELT DOWN ALL YOUR SHITTY METAL AND GENOCIDE IMPORTANT CREATURES IN THE ECOSYSTEM!

>HUUUURRRR JOKAY GLORIOUS LEADER
>*Scuttling like fucking ants intensifies*
>Mass starvation and millions dead for the 15th time this year

The Aristocrats and China should be interchangeable.

the chinese are notorious for their deceitfulness and lies
they've probably made a model twice as big as that one and called it the 'world conqueror from blue phoenix heaven' because it once successfully entered a port in guangdong

On account of the spectacular failures of mongol invasions of Japan, we can extrapolate that chineese shipbuilding was ancien era level.

There's a replica of said floating palaces in the summer palace in the lake in Beijing.

It's not that big.

The Chinese are famous for exaggerating all numbers in their history. Never forget the 6 million years of Chinese culture and history, laowai. Funny when the Europeans arrived and actually wrote shit down, they found the society was poor, corrupt and backwards.

A poor representation of the development of their nation. It also bears mentioning that despite its size, it clearly didn't succeed in meeting its function of exploring as well as ours did.

>ship that can cross oceans
>ship that cannot without breaking up

>t. Cabin boy

I think they're doing quite well actually.
Considering there's like a hundred million people living on top of each other.
According to rat utopia tests they should be dead by now.

I forgot the source, but you can find it somewhere on AltHype.org.

>Funny when the Europeans arrived and actually wrote shit down, they found the society was poor, corrupt and backwards.

One look and anyone with an engineering brain and an understanding of the Ocean would tell you that ship isn't sea-worthy.

>Making a ship this big out of wood
It was a death trap

Their last mass genocide was in the 90's, give it a minute. I'd be willing to bet a nut at this point that they're not suddenly cured of their inability to go 10 years without mass death.

What do you expect when they became a disarmed state lead by literal eunuchs?
Vietnam is my favourite.
>Send Chinese navy down Vietnam river.
>Vietnam puts stakes under the water.
>Chinese navy sinks killing everyone.
>Do this again a few hundred years later.
>And again.

>Tl;DR incarnate

I don't even care honestly, race aside, that's an awesome achievement. Imagine being on that boat.
Love stuff like this.

Columbus did FAR more with his mighty little caravelle than china and it's big silly barge.

14th century Ching Chong chat was compensating for something

What's the point desu, imagine how immobile and slow that thing is, looks pretty dope but i'd rather have 5 fast ships.

Columbus was a real underdog. He is basically what Han Solo in (((Star Wars))) is based on. Anyone who would think that his ship was big must be fucking retarded.
Columbus was given the bare minimum and his actions changed the world forever.

>that's an awesome achievement
What is?
''I built a bigger boat than Columbus'' isn't an achievement. Columbus never claimed to have a big boat.

ooga booga muh dik

Come down off the horse buddy, nobody cares about the dick waving contest that you've gotten wrapped up in.

I can like and respect both ships, looks cool as fuck.

Yet they couldn't even discover Australia

Why didn’t the chinks ever invent glass?
I mean that’s a pretty ducking major thing to miss it’s like slightly above not inventing the wheel.
Because they never invented glass, they never invented optics meaning they really didn’t have the tools Needed for advanced seafaring navigation.
Kinda embarrassing tbqh

Thees actually no proof that those were the boats used by zhen he
the design is fluvial, those were probably ceremonial river boats like the ones of the emperor caligula

That's Chinese propaganda though. It physically not possible to build something like that.

>6 (six) life boats

What the fuck?

???
i tap for sound and the video just stops,wtf???

>Why didn’t the chinks ever invent glass?
They were satisfied with teacups

The point is that you are programmed by your retarded school system to jump at the first opportunity of praising BASED foreigners.
It's like if I posted a picture of a 6 feet tall asian man standing next to a midget and you'd go ''woah, that is amazing.''
That's a programmed response.

Until you've looked at the actual measurements and compared them with the average ship size of the time period, there is absolutely nothing impressive about, it's just ''hurr look big boat bigger than small boat.''

yes because it had to cross an ocean, the smallest the less resources it needed on route

They made a few different types of glass but they were all almost or entirely opaque making them useless for optics.
Glass isn't very sturdy so they used metal and ceramics instead. Opaque glass is only useful for decoration after all.

Qing Dynasty is not real China.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He

Based kraut.
The real weapon is big white penis that we used to mentally colonise Asian bitches world wide.

>imagine being at the bottom of the Ocean when your novelty sized boat breaks up in the first rough swell

Yeah that'd be awesome, use your fucking head.

That's a lot of assumption there. Maybe I like boats.
Maybe I like model boats.
Maybe this the combination of my two favorite things.
Maybe I just think its an interesting thing to look at?
An no, I didn't read your entire post.
it was too big. :)

google caracks
caracks are as large as the chinese ships
there was one the Jesus of lübeck comparable or larger than the chinese ships

it was build by the deutsche hanse
now compare the chinese empire to the deutsche hanse
>mfw the chinese emperor got btfod by german fishtrading association

columbus was not expected to be succesful and only resieved old bad shape ships because he was basicly getting on the nerves of european monarchs all around and they just wanted to get rid of him so gave him some small funding so he finally shut up
caravels are small european vassels
also the largest chinese ships were actualy willed with cement and fixed in the harbour as a stage for the emperor to appropriatly greet the leaving fleet

also the measurements of the chinese ships were exagerated at first because they assumed modern proportions for the ship parts they found which was not acurate so the calculations were wrong

there were only 3 decade between the chinese fleet and european ships of comparabl and larger size
which is much more impresive as europe was split in muhc smaller factions and thus those small regions were 30 after the chinese built their ships able to counter them ALLONE

Spotted the gook.

I have no idea of the scale of the floating palaces. Just that they were large. Everyone exaggerated. Just look at maps where half the world is painted red when really only some ports were controlled.

No, it's because you have a programmed response.

STIR IT UP

>accounts
ah, like those accounts from the alleged death camps. I see.

The Chinese sails look horribly inefficient desu. Still impressive if true

>muh overcompensation for small dick

It#s no true read