Gun control

Can I ask a serious question?

Do Americans really believe that all Australians were disarmed when our gun control measures were implemented after port Arthur?

Here's a simple rundown.

Semi automatics and pump shotguns were restricted, if required for your occupation or you have a genuine need for one (eg a farmer with a massive pest problem) you can still get one.

Handguns are legal, if you're a member of a shooting club you can own one as lone as its capacity doesn't exceed 10 rounds.

Bolt, lever and single shot long arms are still relatively easy to get, cost me $20 for my hunting permit so I could get one.

There's a 28 day cooling off period to get your gun, so if you're angry and gonna do something stupid you're given a chance to calm down abit.

Do these restrictions really sound so bad, I mean I know you guys love your guns, I love them too but we haven't had a mass shooting since.

Any thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do these restrictions really sound so bad
Yes

Those sound fucking horrible, yes.

/thread

>we haven't had a mass shooting since.

You didn't really have them before either. Crime continued to go down at the same rate as it was before the ban. Gun control, and crime rates do not, and have never had, any link between them.

this

>Any thoughts?
Sounds fucking awful man. Fuck that shit.

99% of your island is literal desert/jungle/mountains. 0.5% is soyboy central cities. The rest is general countryside.

You have no mexicans coming in illegally. You have no basketball americans taking away entire cities like Detroit or Chicago.

Of course you'll be fine, mass-shooting-wise.

> if required for your occupation or you have a genuine need for one (eg a farmer with a massive pest problem) you can still get one
This is just bullshit, they might as well grab them from farmers too. Its not like they "genuinely need one" either.

what about lever and straight pull actions, I bet they're okay for hunters? probably bolt actions with uhndred round magazines too

Yea but why? I'm not being a troll I'm honestly curious. I love my guns but I also love how it's hard for any dipshit to just have one lying around.

/Thread

>genuine need for one.
Happened in my old country before I moved to the U.S. The only ones with guns are corrupt cops, inept military and terrorist scum. If America folds on gun rights the rest of the world will follow suit.

>I love them too but we haven't had a mass shooting since.
it is painfully misleading to say this, considering your violent crime rate has gone UP.

the fact of the matter is this: american gungrabbers don't care about public safety, they only care about disarmament. the two are unrelated. if they cared about public safety, they wouldn't cite Australia as an example, because, like I said, the violent crime rate hasn't gone down. Even find it weird that the media uses the term "gun crime" so often? it's because that's all they care about. they've managed to convince a disturbing number of people that disarmament is the same thing as crime prevention thanks to the lie of omission that is the term "gun crime," when the opposite is the reality.

>In a country of 300 million people, only about 0.003% of the population has died in "mass shootings"
Frankly that's pretty fucking amazing and proves that guns are a non-issue.

youve actually had numerous gun related issues, but your media rarely reports on them. How are those bikers, maoris, and abbos with homemade shotguns and SMGs doin' ya mate?

not nearly as bad as the cancers spreading through Melbourne and other major cities.

Please report all Sup Forums threads, hide them, and move on. Do not reply.

This

Aussie myself... I've seen first hand, Media simply doesn't report a lot of the crime here.

I work as a bouncer, And the amount of racially motivated attacks is horrendous... And that's abbo, lebo and Islander on white... Not the other way around

Disgusts me, I have a lifelong prejudice against them, Even in work... I don't show it, But deep down I just wish we'd have an ethnic cleansing.

Civil war when?

Yes, it does.

Come and take it. I dare you.

The fucks a lebo?

Uh-huh: Yanks' responses are about as expected.

Yeah, nah. It wasn't really about gun CRIME, as is the same with the USA. It is about mass killing NOT connected with crime as such.

You'll notice that MSM are not the ones making laws. Really.

Lebanese. We have quite a few people here whose families migrated from Lebanon.

To be fair so has our rate of immigration from 3rd world countries

Mate I'm not looking to take your gun, I'm genuinely curious. I'm in the military and work with the firearms our countries banned. To be fair I'm glad some of the guys I knew before I left home can't have access to them. At the same time I wouldn't mind having access to them myself. Catch 22 you know?

Yea more or less. It'd be alright to find a nice middle ground

>any thoughts

Yeah, fuck off.

what do you think the middle ground would accomplish?

Friendly reminder that moot himself warned us about the Australian menace

Hopefully less massacred schoolchildren.

considering it sounds like your government does trust it's citizens in the slightest, yeah they sound pretty bad

A way of having decent law abiding citizens have access to the guns they want and keeping the same guns out of the hands of fuckwits and retards would be a decent start. I'd love to own a semi auto myself but I'd rather not have some of the blokes I know getting around with them.

Do you genuinely think there are as many school shootings as the media and liberals want you to?
Do you realize how many times firearms are used defensively in comparison?

Mate I'd agree with that, no really that bothered to be honest

Why do you nigger faggots always spout this shit? I don't give a fuck about your country, I don't give two shits about your kangaroo laws, I don't need a reason to not want gun control, my reason is fuck you pay me

Firearms are used defensively here too, a side by side works wonders on a cooked abo with a knife trying to steal your car

>Do Americans really believe that all Australians were disarmed when our gun control measures were implemented after port Arthur?
they should, because that's what happened. restricting access to weapons is a form of disarmament, and australia's restrictions are so strict as to be practically a ban
>Semi automatics and pump shotguns were restricted
unacceptable
>you have a genuine need for one
i.e. you need permission from your masters. unacceptable
>Handguns are legal
unacceptable
>if you're a member of a shooting club you can own one as lone as its capacity doesn't exceed 10 rounds.
unacceptable
>Bolt, lever and single shot long arms are still relatively easy to get
unless you live in a metropolitan area, as 90+% of the population does; and unless your "reason" for acquiring a gun is deemed unsatisfactory
>There's a 28 day cooling off period to get your gun
you forgot to mention that you must buy and install an immovable gunsafe (bolted to the floor) for your weapons, and that police will enter your home to make sure you've installed it and that you are using it to their satisfaction, and that they will do this periodically as long as you own firearms
>so if you're angry and gonna do something stupid you're given a chance to calm down abit
or they go out and stab someone, or glass them, or bash them, or assault them with a cricket bat, or get their friends to form a mob and do any of the aforementioned
yes

This is why you guys lost a war against fucking birds.

>never have a notable "mass shooting" in entire history
>CIA niggers stage one as an excuse to take away guns
>little Johnny takes them away
>no mass shootings since
>"SEE IT WORKED"

What a disingenuous argument....

Calm down mate, just having a yarn. It's not like I can come over and take your guns. I'd personally love me a couple of 7.62 semi autos for shooting some buff but I can deal with it

>Do Americans really believe that all Australians were disarmed when our gun control measures were implemented after port Arthur?
Man, I bet that's what most Australians believe. Don't bullshit me, Australia.

Have you ever looked into Port Arthur? The kangaroo court, the morgue truck, the amount of headshots firing from the hip in such a short amount of time, witnesses claiming that Bryant wasn't the one who shot them, lack of damage to Bryants ear drums despite firing in an enclosed space, witnesses claiming the shooter had a pock marked face while Bryants face is smooth. Lot of inconsistencies. Also >sub-70 IQ

Police never came and checked my safe. It doesn't have to be bolted if it weighs enough. Can still get a firearm in a urban area, I live 10 minutes from my capital city's cbd and I own one. $20 hunting permit. I agree with some of your points but you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. If you really want a gun you get one, most of your average idiots can't be bothered with the paperwork so it prevents them getting it.

How dare you speak to me

Really? ZOG didn't organize any more false-flag mass shootings after they successfully used one to take your guns away? Color me shocked. Still didn't stop ISIS from holding all those people in the Lindt cafe hostage with a shotgun though.

Yes you queer sounding nigger, that’s fucking awful. And the only reason why Australia doesn’t appear to suffer from mass shootings is because your government removed the legal definition of it.

/thread

Mate if a criminal really wants a gun he can get it but it's a massive effort. That's the point isn't it?

you can get one from tyrone for a couple hundred pretty easy in the US.

Nope not a queer or nigger, like I said I'd like the same guns as you guys get but I can deal with restrictions to stop fuckwits getting them

As a politically aware gun owner, I myself harbor no such delusions. But nearly every clueless liberal who has debated gun ownership with me has believed exactly that. They further believe that there have been absolutely zero public shootings in Australia since all of your guns were confiscated. Yes they believe this bullshit because it's what other clueless liberals are telling them on TV.

>you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is
any limitation on my rights is a big deal
>If you really want a gun you get one
unless it's a pistol or a scary "army-type" one, or has to be imported from overseas
>most of your average idiots can't be bothered with the paperwork
a person whose rights are respected doesn't have to seek permission or fill out paperwork. i'd sooner wipe my arse with such paperwork

Here you'd have to look pretty hard to get a unlicensed gun. Hell I could get one but it's not worth the penalty if I was caught

It takes a membership at a range to get a pistol. Get a roo shooters licence and get your scary army gun. No big deal really if it's your passion. I joined the military to play with them cos I really wanted to have a crack

it's also a massive effort to do it legally, and the pathetic outcome is not worth that effort or the cost involved

Yes, they sound terrible. Fuck you, soyboy. This restricts pretty much every firearm that is suited for defense. The right to keep and bear arms isn't about hunting or plinking or any of that, it's about your right to defend yourself with out having to ask "mother, may I?" From the state, and to remove the state when they threaten that.
Anyway this is bait, and 3/10 for getting me to respond I guess

Except you get your gun and it's wildly unregulated once you've got it unless someone dobs you in for something

free people don't need licences. and ar-15s aren't sold in this country, nor can they be imported by anyone without government approval

>massively unregulated
>cops enter your home on a regular basis
Kek

>can't even buy a straight-pull AR because it looks too scary

Wtf why don't you Yankees want to follow our great example?

Thanks man I appreciate the recognition. I'd love looser laws here to be honest but I'm not really that bothered. To be honest the only law I'd really really wanna see changed here is the ability to defend yourself in your home using any level of force you deem necessary

Cops never entered my home since 2003 and I've had licences firearms since then. Where the hell do you live?

>semi-autos banned; magazine restrictions; suppressors banned; import of parts and accessories banned; invasive police oversight; no concealed carry; no right to self-defence
>wildly unregulated
get serious

>can't defend your own home from an intruder
>can't buy bang stick without mom's permission
>most bang sticks off limits
topjej

Moving to Switzerland if that happens. They can find my on my mountain

Can defend your home but it has to be reasonable force. It's a joke, should be able to shoot the fucker no questions asked

So you don't have the right to defend your home? And you're saying your not disarmed?
Maybe if you still had access to modern weapons, your politicians might care what you thought. I bet you guys lost your right to self defense after these weapons bans, right?

SHALL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_University_shooting

We have laws to keep degenerates from getting firearms, rather comprehensive laws at that, it just so happens that our law enforcement agencies are corrupt and incompetent to the point of being incapable of doing their jobs. All the gun laws in the world mean jack shit if they are not followed through on. Furthermore, the right to bear arms is inherent to being human and not granted by government or document or judgement of competence by peers, just as it should be. Governmentally regulated competency and need standards are extremely easy to abuse because the bar can be set so impossibly high that essentially no one can procure arms.

If you have time to get your gun out of your safe, get your ammo out of your separate safe, load your gay little 10 round magazine and assemble the gun back together - your life wasn't really in danger.
If you didn't do all of the above you're going to jail champ.

there's no right to self-defence period, regardless circumstance. if you injure or kill an attacker you could very easily be charged with a crime, especially if you do it with a weapon (weapon meaning anything they don't like)

what's "reasonable"?
hop on your 'roo and hit the intruder with a cricket bat?

Mate don't talk utter shit. You really think citizens with guns could do anything to the armed forces? You get half a dozen retards with a .223 holed up in a building and it wouldn't achieve shit. But honestly we're not yanks and we don't get all worked up over fuck all really. And the right to self defence has always being a sketchy topic here. It's our left wing fuckwits that believe that criminals shouldn't be hurt or killed for burglary because the punishment doesn't fit the crime... But remember law makers live in nice suburbs so they don't have a good grasp on that shit and poor people just donkey vote most of the time

Or just don't keep your gun in the safe if you're that paranoid?

If you have a gun you don't need to use it - that's the point.

Equal force. They have a knife you get a knife, same with guns. It's ludicrous you have to keep even footing with someone on your property

>we don't get all worked up over fuck all really
unless there's an opportunity to get rid of guns in the wake of a mass shooting. then everyone gets off their dumb arse to demand action

Gratz brah you're going to jail.

I should never have to specify a need to get a gun, especially not a semi-automatic. In fact, unless you are poor or have a certain level of nostalgia for old guns, you should not be using any sort of manual action rifles.

The standard civilian rifle should be semi-automatic, with a 30 round magazine. Anything less is to say we don't deserve a fighting chance against our own military.

well you gotta give them a fair chance. wouldn't want to do something that might deter someone from stealing your shit, would you?

You never know what's in someone's house. Legally where I live I can own a sword, axe, knife, crossbow, fireworks, pepper spray and not be breaking any laws. A crim is always taking a risk

tell that to the Taliban. They're illiterate mosing-nagant and lee-enfield armed goatfuckers who have fought invaders that have planes, tanks and nukes for soon half a decade

Na I'm just curious as to what you blokes would consider fair reforms

for some reason people think being outgunned makes the better armed man impenetrable.
this just in, humans are still squishy and die when they get shot, regardless of if they have a 20mm cannon or a slingshot.

Only if they can prove you weren't storing it there. Were you cleaning it after a shoot and hadn't stored it yet? Were you inspecting it before a shoot the next morning. Most cops will be decent and write a report in your favour if you're not a fuckwit

Longer if you count the soviet occupation, occupation by various European powers, the Romans, the Greeks...

Talking about the government yah dickhead:
>You really think citizens with guns could do anything to the armed forces? You get half a dozen retards with a .223 holed up in a building and it wouldn't achieve shit

The government is far less likely to impede on your rights in the first place if they know everyone has guns.

i don't want australia's laws to chage. australians deserve their fate. i just want MY guns

More or less. But lawmakers don't live in the shithouse suburbs. Those problems are for the poor

Not him, but there's no fair reforms on the table. It's all bullshit, none of it works, it's not actually addressing the problem. It's just inconveniencing law abiding people for no reason.

Cleavers carpet

What makes you say that? They did the gun buyback scheme when all you had to do to get a semi auto was to swear allegiance to the queen in the event of foreign invasion. Almost everyone had a gun then. And they handed them in...

Which is understandably frustrating, but the fact that soooo many niggers have handguns over there scares the crap outta me way more than mass shooters

Every insurgency ever begs to differ. Some have succeeded and some failed, and America is literally built on a successful one, so while I get the rest of the Anglosphere that waited patiently for the crown to grant them their freedom not understanding why we care, I can't bring myself to value your opnion.

>And they handed them in...
Actually the """buyback""" (I fucking hate that term, it's the definition of pissing on someone and expecting them to call it rain) was very ineffective. iirc they only got about 20% of the guns they estimated were out there, and most of it was ancient junk that people just wanted to get rid of.

America is what makes me say that.
Haven't you noticed hey have a lot more freedom than us? What gives them that freedom?
(their guns)

Fuck off cuck
We don't even have the basic human right of being able to defend ourselves here
This country is a fucking mess, and too many faggots like you are just fine bending over and taking it up the ass by our overlords