Why is it such a pain in the ass (relatively) to find manga scans...

Why is it such a pain in the ass (relatively) to find manga scans, as compared to subbed anime which is widely available?

Is there really much greater interest in anime compared to manga? I find that difficult to believe.

Can someone explain this phenomenon?

More people watch anime than read manga.

There are only like 50 shows at any given moment. There are hundreds of ongoing manga series.
Anime can be subbed directly. Manga needs to be cleaned.
Anime just needs to be recorded. Manga needs to be scanned and you need to sacrifice your own physical copy if you want good looking scans.

A huge number of people read manga though

I mean it's not like the interest isn't there

You just need to lurk the fuck more, you dumb newshit.

Yes, but the difference is big enough.

Most manga scanlations are done by underage ESLfags. They do shitty work and don't have the mental faculties to proper organize and archive things. There's also far more manga than there ever will be anime.

There's a lot more interest in anime than manga, in any given season. Additionally, subbing anime has become relatively easy these days, whereas scanlating manga is still a time-consuming process, requiring patience and artistic skill.

Lurk moar, tool. You're praying to have someone feed in you in this thread.

There are several orders of magnitude more scanlation groups than fansub groups, so it's easy for them to slip through the cracks of archival sites. That, and the fact that pretty much all the old-school rehosting sites died out over time led to further fragmentation.

I promise I'm not. I literally just want to have a thread with quality discussion on this topic.

Not sure if you mean it's hard to get people to scanlate stuff or if you're too stupid to find already existing scans, which in that case fuck off.

cos you're dumb af, reddit-kun

>af
The pot calling the kettle black.

Oh, hey, it's the tone police. How's your day, famalam?

>doesn't know how to post without bumping
You're all fucking reddit from my perspective.

Uh, you put "heaven" in the name tag right?

Correlation is not causation

I'm mostly referring to translation, but even raw scans are harder to come by than one would expect given the popularity of the medium

There are plenty of wildly popular franchises without translated manga

>Is there really much greater interest in anime compared to manga?
Yes.

Do you have any idea how much easier it is to rip and upload anime than it is to scan and level manga?

I'd imagine it is difficult and time-consuming

Still, among the millions who consume manga, I'd imagine that some would feel incentive to upload scans. At least moreso than the number of people who do it in reality

For one, its harder to digitize manga than anime. You have to physically scan it, while raws for anime are always widely available for everyone. A lot of groups have to buy their own raws to scan. Not to mention a lot of anime is "professionally" subbed by Crunchy and can easily be ripped.

And yeah, anime is way more popular than manga in the west. I blame Toonami.