No One Expects the Pre-2000s Sup Forumsnime Thread

It's not easy to learn to not care anymore and just enjoy the watch, but Patlabor TV is worth it.

Now I'll go after the third movie before finalizing the series with New Files.
It seems that the plot with the Griffon will return. Honestly, I'm disappointing, I had expect something more "dangerous" from that scheme, and now that Smug Shinobu finally go her new and superior Patlabor models I can't see that rogue labor as a menace anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XMraQN7sLoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>learn to not care anymore
Not care about what?

>Why do they call him Takumada?
>Because you can't talk him outta' anything.

The lack of plot and sea monsters.

Currently watching Joe and Rikiishi just left prison.

I just watched Gunbuster and it was one of the worst anime I've finished

I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion series + End of Evangelion movie, Trigun, Ghost in the Shell and Akira for the first time this year.
All of them are pre-2000, right?

I quite liked Princess Nine. Although the live triangle was not exactly all that compelling.

Damn guess it's time to rewatch Patlabor

Just finishing the UY OVAs and I'm about to watch the movie and then Obstacle Course Swim Meet. Really sad I'm done with this one, it's probably my favorite series. I'm starting Lupin III next.

>2D girls come to the 3D world and become obsessed with fucking user.

I don't understand why Sup Forums doesn't love this.

But why do they want user when they can have Chad?

Gits movie is from 90s yes but SAC is from early 00s and one of the few anime of that time to not look like complete shit when the digital switch over happened.

>dub only
Why doesn't this show have subs?

Good, prepare for the MANLIEST anime of all time.

i never really knew what the fuck was going on, i mean i guess i did but still..arent they less 2d and more like computer programs or something? i need to watch compiler2

Has anyone seen any of the Tezuka adult film trilogy? One of them might be getting a theatrical release near me after its remastering, keeping my fingers crossed.

Yeah, they're easily some of the best films ever made. 1001 Nights is particularly good. You're lucky if you get to see it in cinema. They're beautiful.

Watched this last month.

Just read the manga, then watch it in Japanese. You will be fine if you know some basic conversational Japanese.

>bakabt
I felt pity.

Started Kon's Dream Fossil last night if we're also discussing manga, I quite like the way he draws mechs and the baseball chapters were pretty comfy.

I remember that the OP was pretty hype.
What about the games, it's a good "sport" anime? That's what matter.

Good to know, Cleopatra is the one the publishers got a hold of apparently. TCM were showing Belladonna of Sadness recently too but it was only on the US channel

sometimes I feel like I'm the only moron here who's seen this. but I like it. thinly veiled animation exercise with some top notch fightan.

>can't find and download old shit anymore

If you ask here, someone will probably upload it for you. Also, there's a lot of older stuff on animetorrents.me, which I think still has open signups.

And people act like physical media is for old people.

I wanna watch Lupin, were do I start?

I finished Ginguiser a few days ago, enjoyable but constant flashes were annoying and it didn't have an ending like most 70s mecha shows.

But Joe is a huge bitch

You will end up loving him.
Everyone does.

I tried to watch a few episodes of Patlabor, but I don't see its appeal. I'm sure it either has none, or you have to suffer through at least 20 episodes to "acquire" a taste for it.

They're interesting in principle but I find the films themselves rather gaudy. Lots of people love them though, especially Belladonna. I saw that one in theatres when the remaster was happening.

I dunno man I thought he was a bitch until the very end, though the jump from season 1 to 2 did help a bit. God, I was so sick of his meme boxing.

You have shit taste then, sorry.

Other way around

There's always the Miyazaki movie. You could also watch part 2 of the TV series, part 1 is good as well but its not quite like most other adaptations tone-wise so weigh your feelings on that. There's also the newer fujiko mine reboot series which is... Eh. If you've seen michiko and hatchin you know what you're in for

Cagliostro and green jacket TV

It has portuguese subs.

>Just read the manga
Can't find it online.

>inb4 madokami
I don't know how to use that.

I'm nearing the end, but I don't want it to end.

>Madokami
Pretty dysfunctional. No new Muranase chapters since fucking August.

I'm watching it now. I prefered the OVA but it's still really great. All the action and a lot of the episode plots suck, but the characters are likable enough that it doesn't matter.

Noa and Goto are some of the most likable characters in anime, I swear.

It's a very comfy show, in a way that a lot of sol doesn't feel genuine enough to pull off.

But the end of the show is so bad. I found myself wishing it had ended a while ago.

I'm still enjoying it because I like all of the characters, minus Kaifun.

I think Kaifun is the only character from any anime ever that I've never seen anyone defend.

It shouldn't take you that long to figure out. Spend an hour googling it and figure it out. It's worth your time man. I'm not going to spoon-feeding you.

rest in pieces

>figure it out.
I'm doing it atm.

Why so many people prefers the first OVA?
It have all the flaws that TV has but worse because it tries to be more serious.
Anyway, one thing that I have to hate in Patlabor and criticize is Ota. It's absurd and insane that he never gets punished. Seeing him SHOOTING at Azuma's back in a fit without consequences is unbelievable. And later they try to defend him just because "it's difficult to hit a moving target" even though at that time Azuma was immobilized by the enemy.

Ota's pretty annoying, yeah.

I honestly don't know if I'd say the OVA is actually better or not. I just subjectively like it more, probably mostly because I watched it first so the characters and relationships seem like the 'real' ones to me.

I'm also just a fan of shorter shows and the OP was better. Probably the animation as well, but it's been too long to remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=XMraQN7sLoo

I remember this shit. It was so unfunny. Screw that club, I wanted to learn more about the aliens.

Started the original Mahoujin Guru Guru. Only on the first episode, but Kukurin is cuter in the remake so far. I heard that the subs turned into improperly-timed Chinese shitsubs later, so hopefully I can get through that. I couldn't watch Playwres because of the terrible Jap-Greek-Eng subs that weren't even proofread.

Very slowly watching Votoms. I'm at episode 19 now. Really like that arc, much better than the first. The series starts to grow on me.

Yeah the games were pretty good. But the main characteristic of the show I'd say is that it was not afraid to pile on the drama ( or sometimes melodrama some would say ) off the pitch. It worked more than it didn't I think.

The original anime is fine, Doki Doki is the one that suffers from progressively worse and worse subs.

Good to hear.