WHAT DO YOU MEAN "it's no longer canon?!?!"

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "it's no longer canon?!?!"

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/959430
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The anime always was its own canon.

No, I'm saying it's no longer canon even to the anime.

It's no longer canon.

read the manga

I did.

The entire anime is a different Canon to the recent OVA, both movies included.

Clear Card Arc anime isn't canon to the anime canon?

The only good from this film is Mei. The final of the manga is better.

>am i kawaii uguu yet?

Not to the 53 card anime + MeiLin anime canon at least.

Wasn't one of those Clamp artist girls the girlfriend of Kentaro Miura once?
Can't he draw Sakura for Clamp?

First he must draw his own series

It will always be canon in my heart.

It's still canon in the more innocent part of my heart.

Anime was better. Less conceptual bullshit.

The Berserk guy did CLAMP?

It all makes sense now.

The anime was alwyas it's own canon. Clear Card arc is based on the manga not the anime.

Is there a good CC sub out yet? Can someone link it and put me out of my misery?

same

No clear card is the alternate end, The Hope is true and best end

It was never canon. The manga is better anyways and teacher is dating Rika, Eriol is banging the hot female teacher, Meiling doesn't exist and Sakura's dad reunites with his ghost wife. You should stick to the manga.

>Meiling doesn't exist
>better

アニメ版はそういうキモい部分がないのがいいんだな

>Meiling doesn't exist

>Dont jump
>CATCH MEEE

The manga is fine but is too underdeveloped and sappy for my tastes. The ani.e may had some filler but it actually took it's time to explore the cast more closely. Also Meiling a qt.

>Meiling a qt
Best Chinese loli

Cute

Which anime ending did Sup Forums like more?

>Meiling doesn't exist
Well fuck you too.

Ikr?

New OVA?

Yep

IS it cute?

The new anime wasn't bad, I do prefer the old one though. That blurry filter they have on everything is awful. The dull colour palette doesn't do it any favours and the constant overuse of bullshit shoujo bubbles and flowers is just distracting.

Meilin will show up in the sequel

Clamp and Madhouse knows she's a fan favorite in the anime

Very.
Some people complain about the difference in art-style but as far as I'm concerned it nails the feelings.

>That blurry filter they have on everything is awful.
The source is DVD mate.

There is definitely a blurry filter. DVD or not, pay some attention.

LInk?

>constant overuse of bullshit shoujo bubbles and flowers

They're probably trying to take the Crystal route of presenting it more like the manga. The only problem is that they didn't use it all that much in the original 90's anime like Sailor Moon's did.

>zero (nothing) magic in the ova
>movie's perfect finale is not canon
>that low quality
I should be more disappointed with this but it was still cute.

It doesn't matter. It ends up resulting in the same outcome for Syaoran and Sakura. Or, the point is "they get together, NEXT STORY!".

The OAV didn't address any of the other omitted material, such as Eriol wanting Sakura to split his power to the other Clow Reed reincarnation (Sakura's dad) which has ties to Tsubasa Chronicle (which is probably why it was omitted in the first place), relationship subplots for the other characters, and so on and so forth.

Meiling was added and changed practically nothing about the story, so if they include her in the new series it wouldn't be a crime.

>It doesn't matter. It ends up resulting in the same outcome for Syaoran and Sakura. Or, the point is "they get together, NEXT STORY!".
What about The Hope?

I think there are plenty of legitimate gripes to be had with this so far but for how much worse it could have been I am personally fairly happy with it.

Are Sakura and Tomoya's moms related in the manga? I just got to the episode this is confirmed in and it's kind of weird since Tomoyo seems to have feelings for Sakura.

Also Li liking the same guy Sakura does is weird as hell.

He only likes Yukito for a very specific reason that you'll find out much later. Also yes, the two moms are related

Yes.

The first sub was good, better than the official ones. The kero-chan release puts it in a good encode. nyaa.si/view/959430

One OVA cannot tie the Clear Card Arc with the anime, considering all the differences the anime and manga already had:

>Anime had far more Cards
>Syaoran never captured any cards
>No Clow soul split from Eriol to Fujitaka
>No Wei or Meiling

If anything, they would have been better off making their own version of Clear Card Arc that actually ties with the anime canon, rather than trying to make a proper adaptation.

Also, isn't it too early to adapt the Clear Card Arc? Barely anything has happened thus far.

It's an OVA, they could literally make one about Sakura's first period and have it set during the CCA and it wouldn't mess with the ongoing story.

The Light was already The Hope, plus a combination of Sakura's invincible spell. A 53rd card is cute and all, but not that necessary.

>Are Sakura and Tomoya's moms related in the manga?

Cousins, which makes Tomoyo and Sakura second cousins. Tomoyo does indeed have feelings for Sakura.

>Also, isn't it too early to adapt the Clear Card Arc? Barely anything has happened thus far.

This is what worries me. Either we're going to get a LOOOOOOOOT of filler or CLAMP is going to provide the anime with plot information for future events.

>Syaoran never captured any cards
Really?

In the manga he didn't capture any.

Well technically, he never caught anything in the show either.

Yeah, but some Cards recognised him as their master in the anime, whereas no such thing happened in the manga.