Shingeki no Kyojin

All trolling aside, we can all agree that Ymir's death was poor writing right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q_Gh8TWpQE8&ab_channel=ScroobiusPip
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOP2NUbG2iY&ab_channel=lesacvspip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no I hated her, so glad she was offscreened.
It's what she deserved

No, she outlived her usefulness as a character and she put herself in a situation that allowed no other options for her other than getting eaten by another Marley warrior.

It was such a pile of bullshit i still can't believe its for real.

I don't care about her at all anyway,

Yeah, pretty much.
But I guess Isayama simply didn't want to write about her anymore.
I think he has a thing for anticlimactic delivery of stuff that deserved more attention.

I don't really think that it deserved much attention. I mean what do you want? 4 pages of Porco snapping her spine in half?

I do think that he should have made it clear that the Galliard Jaw titan in chapter 91 was meant to be Ymir's.

>4 pages of Porco snapping her spine in half?
I was thinking more about inserting her into the story and keeping her character relevant.
But I guess that "muh historia" could only get Ymir so far.

Nothing killed her usefulness more than the reveal of the world behind the walls and her underwhelming backstory.

At that point she had no purpose left at all other than shipfaggotry.

Yes. It would come off as less bullshit if Isayama would just kill off Connie, Sasha and Jean.

>tfw your post post is immortalized in the screenshot
feelsbad.jpg

They'll get their red shirt deaths at the climax of the story.

Endgame right here, brothers.

She wanted to die. She was just happy that they freed her from being a titan. There was nothing left for her. It's not like she had anyone to begin with. She was an orphan that got betrayed by her adopter. There's nowhere to take her character other than being dead weight.

The only ones assblasted about it are Ymir/Historia shipperfags.

>She wanted to die. She was just happy that they freed her from being a titan.
Lucky bitch

Power bottom.

Imagine ymir has a dick then look at the OP image again

What the fuck was the point of that season 2 OP after all?
My guess is that it's foreshadowing something just like "the coordinate" was foreshadowed during season 1's OP.
So we power rangers now?

back at it again, fucking retards

I think it was just something about rules of nature, evolution or some shit like that.

Back in Clash Ymir was interesting because she knew all the answers, she was a titan, and her allegiance wasn't clear. We didn't know where she came from or what secrets she knew.
The issue is that once we got all the answers in RtS she had nothing going for her except her relationship with Hisu. RtS told us where the titans are from, who is the enemy, how exactly titan powers are passed down, where BRA are from and Ymir's letter told us her story. Ymir had chosen to go with BR to repay the life she got from eating Marcel. What was left? She had chosen to die so she died.

i missed u

No, gross.

edgy

She is my favourite character, so yeah, it should've been better

there are many stupid theories but it was explained in the magazine

And what does that mean? I can't into moon runes.

What is edgy about the truth?

Araki - "Revo-San (Linked Horizon) hit “home run” for us. But this time it is different from our experience when working on the compilation film. During that time, Revo had already finished the composition when we were at discussion meeting– “Actually, I already finished writing the music” as he said (laugh). In the case of season 2, while Isayama-San, Revo-San and I were together talking about the appropriate images for OP at the beginning, Revo-San first mentioned a phrase “Dedicate your heart (Shinzou wo sasageyo)”, and everyone decided unanimously “that’s it!” Then (I/we) started to construct the OP animation according to that phrase. We created OP with the theme “not only human beings are dedicating their hearts”. I feel that perhaps I was able to properly raise the feelings initially shared by Isayama-San, Revo-San and me into a higher level with films. This OP shows a lot of positive signs. "

That answers literally nothing.

Yes.

>not only human beings are dedicating their hearts
>glowing hearts
>dedicating heart=shinzou sasageyo
>dinos and whales are shown glowing hearts
>one must dedicate everything to survive
was it hard?

>truth
kek

What about the ED? It's creepy as fuck as some lines seem to be somewhat important.
>I can see the creator up in the sky
>I have the innocent voice
A bit farther:
>freed us, now we have to
>decide you as our god

Not to mention it mentions the sea, living in a birdcage, etc. which are recurrent themes in the series.
>We created OP with the theme “not only human beings are dedicating their hearts”.
I think this captures the main gist of the thing. Still, even if the "dedicating your heart" was the theme, Isayama helped picking the pictures to be used. I think he slipped some foreshadowing there.

>I think he slipped some foreshadowing there.
Regarding?

meant for

I learned a long time ago not to overthink OPs and EDs, they are usually just cool stuff to pump up the audience and that's it.

>What about the ED
the storyboard of ED was done by isayama and the band who sang it was isayama's favourite and they had a lot of discussion. The lyrics could mean something if only their 'engrish' wasn't so shitty, after listening to it for the 3rd time I realized they were singing in engrish
fuck my shit up

>"It was already fortunate enough for me to have the opportunity to be present at the first meeting between Isayama-San and Shinsei Kamattechan (Band isayama recommended for the ED). Although we credited “Story Board-Isayama Hajime” in the ED, in fact what we received from him were several photos of his draft drawings and detailed memos about the world history in SnK universe. These materials include secrets regarding the SnK world with much information not yet mentioned in the manga… That means, they assume “not to explain things” as the right choice to make. So this ED is made to pose “mysteries” to the audience. Keeping this idea in mind, I took charge of giving design directions to staff members, thinking over how to handle the animation and making photographic elements to edit animation drawings. This ED clip also gives many positive signs but in a disparate way from the OP."

Dunno. Just like the coordinate in season 1 OP, it's probably something subtle.
>These materials include secrets regarding the SnK world with much information not yet mentioned in the manga
So the ED indeed has hints. Probably not something easy to guess, but it's always fun making up stuff.
I particularly think that this picture will turn out to be something important.
Maybe the old guy is King Fritz, the three girls are the ones who gave the names for the three walls, and the people behind them are the noble families of the walls.

>the coordinate in season 1 OP
?

Sorry, it was actually in the ED.

All I see is two waring factions.

I expected her to die but didn't think Isayama would really offscreen her. If anything I thought Ymir and Historia would die together.

Ymir mentioned she would be consumed by another Marley warrior (or at least a Liberio Eldian as her exile predates the warrior program) waaay back in the Clash of the Titans arc

She was either in Pieck's second battle during Return to Shiganshina or had already shipped back to the continent

I like Porco, but until he proves his worth as a character, Ymir probably should've stuck around. She would've been a fun wild card character in Marley

tfw Gabi would have viewed Ymir either as a cool auntie figure or a rirval to Reiner's attention

G R O O V I N
M A G I C

Yeah, I expected the same.

FPBP

>tfw Gabi would have viewed Ymir either as a cool auntie
Maybe she would have a crush on her.

Gabi kisses while listening to music!

What does Gabi listen to?

Unconventional but interesting music.
youtube.com/watch?v=q_Gh8TWpQE8&ab_channel=ScroobiusPip

>shipped NarutoxHinata
>it happened
>shipped IchigoxOrihime
>it happened
>shipped ToukaXKaneki
>It happened
>shipped chitoge x raku
it happened
I wonder what's next

I know it. Armin and Mikasa.

EH is canon.

>"You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge"
Audibly kekked

You tend to ship MCs with their established and obvious love interests

Disgusting

but that's not what I ship

Do you like the song? I'm quite a fan of his music.
This is my favourite.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZOP2NUbG2iY&ab_channel=lesacvspip

Why is Annie so hot

but they did happen

And who cares?

Yeah, MC + "I WANT MC-KUN'S DICK" is way more common than people think

she just is

It's not the sort of thing I'm a fan of, but it's good yeah.

Because she's perfect.

I hope you grow to enjoy it lots.

That outfit looks great on her

*YH

The nose for me. I guess I have gotten a bit tired of the standard "two dots or a tiny line for a nose" thing in character design.

It's seriously cute.

fug meant for

>spin-off when?

LH*

The world's tiniest babies

The one true pedo ship

>Hello brother, Execute order 66

in other words she's the unconventional beauty type
those that don't like like generic anime girls

Yes. Even Bert is better off in hindsight, now that his best friend is the MC while Historia hasn't been relevant in years.

Will he ever be free?

LH daughter is going to be such a great girlfriend for Eren Jr

Eren won't have children.

>EHwhales are also LHwhales
Explains the delusions and cancer.

This reeks of butthurt fujoshit

Not even close. I don't ship the shitlet or Shitren with anyone.

Death will set him free.

Wrong lyrics, senpai.

Post most autistic Erens

>This is unironically.

Does this count?

Just read the manga.