Rewatched Kizu 1 and holy shit this scene is heavy

Rewatched Kizu 1 and holy shit this scene is heavy.
But I'm very glad that Araragi saved her and now we have such a beautiful couple.

It had to be heavy to put you in Araragi's mindset of wanting to save her despite the risks.

From Kizu to Ougi Dark. What a ride.

How glad should I be that I've never watched anything from this besides bake, nise, and like half of seconds season?

I'm thinking pretty glad

literally Levinas animated

>Couple
They're not a couple. It's like a boy and his pet bat.

Bullshit

Adult Shinobu is the ugliest thing they've ever drawn

It's too bad they fucked that scene anyways.

In the light novel (and even in other anime entries) they portrayed it properly: Kisshot sitting under a lone lit lightpost with limbs severed and asking Araragi to save her.

None of this extremely well-lit subway screaming flopping around bullshit. Don't know why they made it like that for the kizu movies when they even kept it true to the LN in the regular non-movie anime. Strange. Very strange

> screaming
She cried and screamed in the LN.

Even if you wanna downplay their relationship, you can't ignore the "committed life partners" thing.

All of kizu was fucking garbage, the writing was bad even for gatari. Each different gatari is worse than the last before it, is the newest one even worth the watch? Owarigatari or whatever the fuck.

It occurs to me to mention once again that "batshit crazy" does not literally involve bat shit, but is simply an idiom that means you're so crazy you go to town on something or someone with a baseball bat

I think

It's kind of like going apeshit but with more of a nuance of mental illness whereas apeshit is only angry

>that scene
>edgy
1/10 bait. Made me reply.

If having heads and body parts explode everywhere isn't edgy, what is?

Yeah I just re-watched all that is available in chronological order. Fan fucking tastic.

What's the best Kizu III translation so far?

The one where you don't watch it, trust me only disappointment is awaiting you.

Probably. Though i've tried not to get it spoiled, as much as you can since we know roughly what happens, i've heard that the climax of actually why/how things get resolved is really lame. I am a completionist.

It is beyond lame, but yea I know the feeling of needing to complete a series no matter how shit it is.

>beyond lame
If you want some flashy bullshit instead of heartfelt character moments.

>heartfelt character moments.
>DUDE YOUR EVIL FOR KILLING THAT GUY SO NOW YOU DIE
>"BUT RRG DUDE LIKE SHE WANTS TO DIE LMAO"
>DUDE I DON'T WANT TO KILL HER NOW
>DUDE OSHINO GIVE ME A PLOT COP OUT
>"DUDE HERE YOU GO LMAO"
Truly fantastic plot and character moments.

This looks fucking ugly, why do retards like this shit again?

Will they ever fuck?

>being this retarded

>now you die
>"xd it was my plan to die :DDDD"
>now I cannot kill you
Imagine being so retarded you would unironically defend this

>retards like to eat shit
garbage series
>but muh deep plot
doesn't exist

>can't follow a simple plot twist that gets spelled out to him for ten minutes
>calls other people retards

>In the light novel (and even in other anime entries) they portrayed it properly: Kisshot sitting under a lone lit lightpost with limbs severed and asking Araragi to save her.
It was that way at the beginning of Bakemonogatari too. It's a weird change.

>implying i implied any of what you said
>implying it was even a "twist"
Why are you trying to defend writing this bad?

It's just trying to convey Araragi's emotional state without phoning it in via monologue. Putting it in the subway station gives the director all the tools they need to make the scene appear as dramatic to the audience as it was in Araragi's mind. The location that they met isn't important. Araragi's reaction to it is.

>im evil
>time to kill you
>no, she was only pretending to be evil for your sake
>oh, i don't want to kill you any more
Wow. Such a bullshit reaction from Araragi. How could this possibly make logical sense.

>unironically kills someone
>unironically had already killed 6 million people before
>"dude your evil"
>but dude she wants to die lmao
>"dam I cant kill her now"
Dam son that is some ebin shit

How do you not understand? If she was an evil bitch ready to kill him and then everyone else of course he'd kill her. Jesus it's like people don't understand his character at all.

Since she decides instead to suicide by him killing her that means perhaps she can be redeemed. That she doesn't have to be killed.

Of course now that I think about it. Of course most anons on Sup Forums can't understand nuanced characters.

Wow. If you ignore core plot points then plots sound stupid? Who would have guessed.

What are the best subs for Kizu as of now? I'm still archiving
>01 - Tekketsu-hen [Sephirotic][720p]
>02 - Nekketsu-hen [OM_TELOLET_OM][720p] and
>03 - Reiketsu-hen [user][720p]

Pretty sure Sephirotic is solid but not sure of the others

B-but don't you guys get it? It's a masterpiece of the medium! See, she wanted to die, so he thought as a punishment, she should live! It's a masterpiece you retards!

Good job "arguing" against something that never happened.

What core plot points did I ignore faggot, she kills people unironically, rrg gets butthurt at that and decides to kill her, kawa comes and says "lul dude but she wants to die", rrg now cannot kill her, oshino gives plot cop out like he always does.

RH is cartelâ„¢ approved!

The part where she only killed the bare minimum that she needed in order to survive. The part where Araragi outright states that he thinks that killing people in order to survive is not morally wrong. The part where her being "evil" was an act so that Araragi would feel less guilty about killing her. The part where half the reason she wanted to die was so that Araragi would get his humanity back. The part where Araragi had a massive crush on her.

Whatever memes you want for 1, [Tactical] for 2 and 3, and use track 1 for kizu 2 if you don't like memes

What does that mean?

>unimportant motives that rrg didnt even know about
wow, imagine going from wanting to kill someone and then the opposite from one suggestion from kawa "dude she wants to die" . ebin

>a striking point about her in the LN is how dignified she seemed even in her damaged state
>awkwardly flails around screaming in the movie

Just read the fucking book.

Trusted upload desu. It's just the English Bluray release with official subs. It's not a speedsub, at least

You shouldn't be glad at all, all of the main seasons are totally worth it.

Well yeah of course I will. Just, later.

When he starts fighting Kiss-Shot, he thinks she's evil. When Hanekawa reveals her plan to sacrifice herself for Araragi's sake, he realizes she's not evil and it was just an act. How does Araragi only being okay with killing evil people not register in your mind? I really hope you're only pretending to not get the plot point that the movie spent 10 minutes going over.

>dude she wants to die
>What about all the people she killed?
>DUDE IT WAS AN ACT LMAO
Kek the brilliance of gatari writing is untold

But the movie faithfully recreates that. She looks super dignified even while horribly wounded. Then Araragi refuses to help her and she throws a childish fit because she thinks she's going to die. That was also in the novels.

If you're gonna complain about the movie's flaws, pick things that are actually flaws.

>Araragi outright states that he thinks that killing people in order to survive is not morally wrong.

>implying this series has a plot besides pic related

>I was only pretending to kill tons of people

Those were old people. They don't really count.

seriously. Wtf. does your brain even work?

The only act was the fight with ararararagi.

The stuff she did before is her being exactly what she is. An oddity. Do you blame a knife for being a knife? No you don't. Once there is a chance that she can be changed, that she was in fact changed, he took it.

So basically a shitty cliche? Yup, fanboys were totally right. This series is completely cool and original. What a masterpiece

>Do you blame a knife for being a knife?
rrg does exactly that
>dude somehow I didn't realize vampires kill people lmao
>now that I do know I will kill her lmao

>things that never happened

Masterpiece? No.

Though, I wonder what you actually think a masterpiece is? Probably something super fucking lame.

At what point at all does he think vampires don't kill people?

>The stuff she did before is her being exactly what she is. An oddity. Do you blame a knife for being a knife? No you don't. Once there is a chance that she can be changed, that she was in fact changed, he took it.
That's not what Araragi did at all.

The whole point is that letting her live is the worse outcome for everyone involved.

Araragi let her live because he wants his dick sucked by a golden loli

>brings her unironic grocery food
>dude he knew the whole time lmao

It's presented as comedic you sperg

BIG FAT CAT TATS

I only saw the series up to Nise, but am hoarding all releases I get so I can see it when I get a dry spell.

Where does Owari S2 fit in order? After Nise (correct me if wrong) I think it's Neko, Monogatari S2, Hana, Tsuki, Owari, Koyomi, Kizu. When should one watch Owari S2 for best effects?

Watch Kizu first then watch everything else in release order.

Watching the quality of bakemonogatari decline as more is released is great
You can see the studio getting more and more up its own ass

This is the release order. Chronological places Hana last, Kizu first, and Koyomi randomly throughout the entire series.

I'd still watch Kizu when it was released chronologically after Koyomi. It's just not great on its own, even if it's supposed to be Volume 2 of the LN.

>its ok for her to eat people
>except for when she eats people
>now I will go kill her for eating people
QualityTM characters

>It's the same thing as us eating cows and pigs

More justifiable actually, because Shinobu can't grow a blood plant and eat that instead.

This is kind of slippery logic though, everyone does everything because it's a necessity for them. All of people's decisions are informed by circumstances outside their control.

Just because actions can be logically justified doesn't mean they shouldn't be stopped.

I haven't seen any of Bakemonogatari besides S1, but what's the circumstance here? Did he have to kill her in order to stop her killing, or was she no longer a threat and he just going to 'punish' her for past killings?

That doesn't mean what you think it means. That her actions are natural is only followed by Araragi having to kill her being natural. He's not excusing her with, he's putting her on the same level as a disease.

You're not looking at the consequences of his actions and only think about his arguments.

>everyone does everything because it's a necessity for them
Doing something because you feel like it and doing something because you will certainly die if you do not are two very different things.

Araragi was never trying to punish her for past killings. He was just barely able to scrape together his resolve for the sake of preventing future killings and was helped along by Kiss-Shot playing as much of the villain as possible. Once her act fell apart, so did Araragi's resolve. Then he begged Oshino to fix everything.

Tactical's Kizu 2's 1st track still has some "memes" like how Episode's catchphrase is translated "My sides" which they played around with later for when he threw his cross at Hanekawa to say "Her sides." I admit it made me laugh but it took me out of the scene.

>same level as a disease.
>but if she wants to die that means I cannot kill her
It all leads back to the same shitty writing, no matter how much you try to excuse it

Yes, if she wants to die it means she's not the same as a disease, which is why Araragi couldn't bring himself to kill her. What's your problem here? Do you not know what this show is about?

Araragi knew what he had to do but didn't do it. He didn't do it because despite Kiss-shot being a monster, she was in the same situation as himself. Araragi killing Kiss-shot would have meant Araragi was right for wanting to kill himself and should have.

P E R F E C T I O N

>shes a disease because she wants to eat people so i will kill her
>but now because she wants to die i cannot do it
Ebin, truly fantastic writing. I mean I know when I'm ready to kill someone, if they want to die, I cannot kill them.

...wait a minute.

Are playing devil's advocate with me? Why do you only use pictures of Shinobu?

No user Im just here to point out terrible writing

Oh, but how come you have so many reaction images? Do you like Shinobu, or at least how she looks?

I have been mass downloading these for the sole purpose of replying to you

Is that a plural you or a singular you?!

>Doing something because you feel like it and doing something because you will certainly die if you do not are two very different things.

They are actually the same thing and I'll explain why. Could you give me an example of a decision you feel you had a choice in?

I mean you as in (you)

I guarantee that nobody in this thread is in the mood for your fatalism bullshit.

I don't know what you mean by fatalism, but if you're afraid of your point of view being disputed you shouldn't have posted it.

I don't even watch Monogatari
I'm just here for the tiddies, ass, and lolis

I didn't have any choice :^)

Being degraded to a post number identifier is only making it more intimate and romantic!

If you didn't want to be ridiculed and ignored for believing absolute bullshit you shouldn't have posted absolute bullshit.

It was a good decision to admit that you were wrong so early.
Just so you know, fatalism doesn't necessarily have anything to do with this. Events don't need to be predetermined for there to be no such thing as a choice.

The only way things can't be predetermined is if there is a truly random event (ie. electron superposition.) That doesn't give you any more or less choice in anything you do. It just decides if it's a fixed outcome or not, but it's not like your amount of free will has changed.

You're not ignoring me, you're getting emotional because I disputed your argument with one that you're not equipped to handle. Why are you getting upset?

>u mad bro?
>i-i win

Who are you quoting?

Some faggot who is way too excited about his first couple weeks of freshman philosophy. The dumbfuck went and inserted it into a completely irrelevant conversation about anime.

You should go lick your wounds. Don't post outside your depth.