I really, really, really disliked this show

I really, really, really disliked this show.

That's just your opinion. Nothing gives you the right to force it on me.

I did too, but people are privy to their opinions.
On another note, what are the chances and how much would it cost for a real crossover battle royale anime with all the popular properties?

Why does ANN love this show so much though? They can't stop talking about it, they praise it to the heavens, they covered every single little detail about it, etc. They did this even though the show flopped in Japan, and when other sites hated it too.

Nobody liked it OP.

ANN did. A lot. They even covered the funeral (complete with spoiler warning, when most people probably don't care), and they wrote all sorts of articles praising it. I haven't seen them praise a show this much since Mayoiga.

It was bad

They thought the cold war map of Schwarzesmarken meant that West and East Germany had conquered half of the world each. That should tell you everything you need to know

>since Mayoiga

So in other words, they just love terrible things?

A literal trainwreck in slow motion

Some people just really like the premise and its attempt at something greater I guess, even though it really fell apart. That one youtube asshole even said it was a classic in the making 6 episodes in.

All I can say is that at least it's marginally better than Virgin Soul

Maybe? That's what I'm asking. I also them loving Space Dandy; if anything, they cared about it far more than any other site on the internet.

>That one youtube asshole
Which one? The one whose name starts with D, who started watching anime last year and has watched less than 20 anime?

Mother's Basement. Luckily he was the only "big" name that actually gave a shit about Re:Creators

How long has he been watching anime?

It's the same dude who thinks Gamers is AOTS

I liked it alright. Nothing near my favorite but I watched it till the end and it had good moments. I liked the idea of different tropes existing in one place and also the creators feeling protective of their own characters.

I really liked it, but it had it's flaws.

Never, ever. Can you imagine the shitstorm if popular character X defeated Y? Powerlevelfags everywhere would sperg right the fuck out and start foaming from their mouths. Also, I don't think any author would be too happy with their creations being thrown into a cockfight with others for the sake of a cash grab even if it was noncanon.

The concept and characters deserved better than Hiroe, Aoki, and TROYCA.

They could have told the same story in 13 episodes and use the rest of their money to fund 6 seasons of Kill Me Baby

Biggest disappointment of the year.

Never ever. The best you could hope for is some sort of anime fighting game.

So Fighting Climax?

Mothers basement and digibro are both bad anime youtubers. Gigguk is decent but also a bit of a redditor, and Demolition D is great but uploads once in a blue moon

DD is that guy with all the pets, right?

I wish I had a pet lizard. Lizards are so fucking cute. Especially when they run across kitchen floors. It's adorable.

Is Mother's Basement new to anime? I never heard about him until this year? And does Gigguk still say "animes"? I remember his old Ikkitousen video (the only one which I watched) and he kept saying "animes" instead of just "anime".

Or they could've let the characters actually do things and interact with each other and had at least 26 episodes of halfway-decent content.

>Is Mother's Basement new to anime?
No but compared to say digibro or gigguk his channel is relatively new.

MB was pretty good when he did OP analysis videos, but once the fame got to him and he started to jerk off popular opinions and trends (SAO) he turned to shit. Concerning his tastes and acquaintance with anime I'm not sure, but he sure sounds a lot more genuine in his podcasts.

>watching this garbage
Here is an easy test to know if something will be worth watching

>step 1
find a picture of the main cast
>step 2
If cast is >1/3 girls, dont watch it.

I actually agree with Geoff in that video. The initial episodes of Re:Creators were extremely good imo and the real problems set in after that.
Up until Mamika died the show looked like it could be 10/10 but they just kinda fumbled it in the middle with the pacing and some new characters that are a waste of time.

The show still had a lot going for it like the solid character designs (everybody seems to love Altair at least) music from Hiroyuki Sawano and others, decent animation with some standout fights (eg. Selesia vs. Mamika). Overall the concept of characters from fiction coming to life and fighting it out with vastly different powers and skills that are totally broken was one that seemed like it could have gone a lot better with all that backing it up.

Praise for Mayoiga? Holy shit why, I've got nothing good to say about that one.

>I actually agree with Geoff in that video.
I would agree if his video game out 2 or 3 episodes in, but it came out several episodes afterwards after Meteora's unforgivably dry exposition dumps where she pulls out crucial plot relevant information out of her ass based on absolutely no evidence at all.

ANN has terrible taste. Just read their Vatican Kiseki articles.

Re: Creators was promising for sure. My favorite scene must've been when Brave the Ocean started playing after Selesia got her new attack. Everything was relatively fine up to that point except for the constant expo from Meteora. Then everything fell apart when the whole Setsuna and dome plot started. Also them having the audacity to pad out series length with staff interviews certainly didn't help.

And the Kekkai Sensen "the Thirteen Kings are vampires!" shit in every single episode recap when 1.) the first thing you learn about vampires is that they don't show up on photos or video, and 2.) the first time Femt appears he's on every fucking TV in the city.

ANN is the festering center of a very special Venn diagram in which stupidity, unprofessionalism, hipster normalfaggotry, and mental illness overlap. Mike Toole and Justin Sevakis are the only contributors who have ever written anything worth reading and the rest of their "writers" should undergo ethnic cleansing. At least Hope Chapman neutered itself so that particular line of retardation will never be passed on.

>all this fucking E-CELEB FAGGOTRY

Get the fuck out.

Meteora's character in her game exists mostly to give story exposition to the player so that's pretty much all she can do.
I must say I am disappointed with the character Hikayu. When they introduced her as being from a dating sim I thought that might be pretty funny but she is actually just useless and does nothing.

Because Aniplex practically owns them. Obviously.

>Meteora's character in her game exists mostly to give story exposition to the player so that's pretty much all she can do.
That only makes it half forgivable. The real problem was how she just started pulling stuff out of the air on what was going on and with antagonist motivations even though she had nothing to base it on whatsoever. What's equally as bad is that nobody questions her once or provides an alternative theory. She just knows all when convenient and everyone blindly believes and follows her.

I agree, I think what I'm saying is her story does justify her being a exposition dumping machine but that does not make it interesting.
I'd argue that all her expo dumps aren't even all that useful, at some point you just get what she means but the explanation keeps going for what feels like a full multi episode arc.

i liked it.

Does Log Horizon hold up to that?

No it doesnt, I would highly recommend not watching that garbage either.

>The initial episodes of Re:Creators were extremely good imo and the real problems set in after that.
>Up until Mamika died the show looked like it could be 10/10

Up on that point it was nothing but
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>fight
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>fight
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION
>EXPOSITION

All while none of the characters show signs of being particularly interesting personality wise. So what the fuck in those episodes do you come to the conclusion that this show is a 10/10 masterpiece? Are you so up your ass with its concept that you're just going to ignore the fact that the show does nothing interesting until Mamika's death?
> solid character designs
Not a single standout
>music from Hiroyuki Sawano
Oh look its Sawano shitting on another unremarkable OST that plebs think is good
>decent animation with some standout fights
Can't remember a single standout moment. All the fights just seem to be the same.

Maybe this show was never good and people just really wanted it to be well I wouldn't say "people" since everyone gave up on this show early on.

So what is it with ANN and hyping shows anyway? And why do they seem to have such hipster tastes?

That summary is super reductive and ignores pretty much everything that happens.
Even if it was just exposition and fights - the first couple episodes you usually need some exposition and the anime is about characters fighting each other. I'm not sure what you wanted to happen (other than it being a completely different anime).

見ててロボットなんか出す必要が無かったとしか思えない作品のまとめぶり、2期が有るならもっとマトモの考えて仕事しろ言いたいまとめぶり悲劇の駄作では無いかもしれないが良い作品でも無い

That's the test to figure out how fujoshi a show is.

Wrong. The second rule only applies if the show has a male MC.
And Madoka was good.

The show relies heavily on exposition by a single character in order to explain most of the plot. That's bad for a show, user.

Aoki needs to stop writing. Aldnoah was bullshit, this was bullshit too.

didn't help that people who say yes to his projects are also idiots

> We will surpass Gundam

Yeah, I really, really, really liked this show too.
Very interesting cast and plot. The Deus Ex Machina was a bit meh but not really all that bad.
I'd give it a 7/10. A "B+" at most.

They meant animation of mecha movements, you tool.

Pic related is unironically the greatest scene in anime

>we will surpass Gundam
>Have only 2 episodes at most of mechanical doing something

Can only work with properties owned by a single company. Big editors like Kadokawa might be able to create something like that.

The main plot regarding the suicidefaggotry killed it for me.

I remember trying to hand-wave it away because I thought it'd be cool if she ended up being wrong about some important stuff, but nope she was right about everything and we pretty much had the whole show figured out a few episodes in.

So much potential completely lost. Those first two episodes were pretty damn good, man.

Battle with stakes maybe ? I can barely remember any of the battles outside of the Festival ones. Most battles in the first part of the seasons were simply "I don't like you, let's fight." "We're in different teams, let's fight.", wich made them pretty much filler.
And no the exposition far longer than "the first couple episodes".

The Festival arc was really good, everything that led up to it was boring as fuck aside from Mamika's death.

Gamers is good you nigger

>The Festival arc was really good,
It was fucking pointless
>Introduce three new characters who serve no purpose
>Episodes are largely just setup
>When the actually festival starts its just a one-sided borefest where characters realize how pointless everything is
>Deus Ex Machina
>Nothing is learned or gained just two worthless characters dies and half-hearted sentiments

The more I think about it it feels like Re:Creators was made because Hiroe created a cool looking original character on Pixiv and based an anime around showcasing how awesome that character is which would explain why everyone else isn't as well-designed in comparison and why the show ended the way it did.

Gamers might be ok to pretty good depending on your tastes but no way is it AOTS

That makes less fucking sense

>Very interesting cast and plot.
These are really stock replies at this point when you don't want to explain your reasoning

I mean, relative to the rest of the anime.
I completely agree that most of it was Altair being fucking invincible, and the only new character that really mattered was Charon.
The way they beat Altair isn't a deus ex machina though, they announced it a while back, they just didn't hint at what it actually was.

I don't think Hiroe had that much control over the anime, however Re:Creators confirms that Ei Aoki is shit at writing characters. Aldnoah Zero was already pretty bad in that regard.

>stock replies
Doesn't make them any less valid. If a slice of bread is lying on a plate without anything to go with it, does it stop being food?

>Charon
>mattered
Wut? He was just a plot device who gets taken out in the same episode he's introduced
>The way they beat Altair isn't a deus ex machina though
It was. Sota's gambit would have not actually worked if Magne didn't have a change of heart

>Doesn't make them any less valid
They're not though

The first chapters were good

It was good for all of three episodes. It was a colossal waste of time.

Daily reminder that Meteora ruined the series

I liked it up to about hte halfway point. And it wasn't even the fact that best girl got sword'd that killed it for me. Its that theoretically dense narratives (I've not gone back so I dunno if it gets any denser) get to have a bit more leeway with standing around and talking scenes in the first half. But when the next episode was still alot of standing around and talking, I just couldn't keep to it.

Still wanna fuck the shit out of Meteora and Altier at the same time.

Despite disliking the show and being a lazy piece of shit, I would jump at the opportunity to remake the entire thing professionally if it was ever offered to me.

This has got to be some form of narcissism. I have no experience in animation. But honestly, I think I could've made it far better.

I stopped watching this at episode 5

only watched for sawano moments. this reminds me of guilty crown all over again

Charon was the biggest waste in the entire series, and Hiroe was the direct writer for the show. He even posts his scripts online and they're extremely similar to the finished product.

aliceteria best girl. as would be the show if i had guts and madoka instead of alice and mamika

You arent alone. I didnt dislike it, but i only found two characters likable (meteora and megane) and found the mc unbearable.
>woe is me, i made them commit suicide
Shut up and kill yourself if you are retarded enough to believe that, fucking insecure narcissist

The soundtrack for Aldnoah was good though, same with recreators. Hiroyuki Sawano seems to know what hes doing

You can tell who is a YouTube e-celeb fan and who isn't in this thread. Normalfags begone

fuck off already ESL faggot

This show was better than guilty crown though in my opinion. I dropped guilty crown after 2 episodes. I havent truly "dropped" recreators, im just leaving it for last on my list because at least some of the characters are bearable or likeable (none in guilty crown were)

good morning yuri nigger

It's not the worst show, but it's probably the most disappointing one. How the fuck do you have such a solid character-driven action show concept and then make 90% of the show talking and explaining?

Hiroe needs to march his ass back to Black Lagoon pronto.

"it could drop out and suck in the second half, but the only thing more disappointing than that would be if it didn't and nobody watched it"

B-but I liked the show and the cute hat girl wins.

I liked it. It was deeply flawed, but I still enjoyed the good parts enough to forgive the bad.

same

I definitely feel it would have been improved by being shorter. Cut out 90% of the info dumping, and it would be a solid 8/10 show.

Re:Creators is a god damn masterpiece, compared to Log Horizon.

I kept thinking Takashi was the guy from GATE

only faggot ANN autists who relate to altair like it desu

Do you believe in the Gold/u/n Ending?

Ok

is friendship

Aoki never said that, do your research. It was Matsuo Ueda iirc and he didn't work on Aldnoah

is friendship not love is crossover mamika it's a children's show true alice and true mamika they are sadly dead