Is this the worst fight of the series so far? Seriously, what is even the point of this...

Is this the worst fight of the series so far? Seriously, what is even the point of this? It's gone on for too long to be a "statement" comeback and it's just been chapters of "I'M GONNA USE THE NEW DEMPSEY ROLL... EVENTUALLY"

Has Morikawa thrown in the towel?

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-15/voice-actor-sound-director-toshihiko-nakajima-passes-away-at-55/.121416
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Under normal circumstances, this is a story meant to set up Ippo stepping into the 'Monster' zone that others have been alluding to after the Gonzalez fight. It's not meant to be a positive breakthrough- that's why Guevara's been getting the scrappy heroic underdog treatment through the entire fight. Ippo's supposed to agonize about genuinely fucking up this newcomer to the point of no return.

But then, that's normal circumstances. I'm not sure if Morikawa will truly go that route.

I like it, it feels that Ippo is finally starting to care about his boxing as he should.

As stated, you have to be a bit of a nutcase to not be bothered by how badly you are destryong someone in order to test out your technique. This is actually good Ippo.

More like the best fight
Go, G-man
Put a stop to this fucking nutcase

My only hope is that in the rematch based Alf kills Ippo.

I kinda hope ippo kills the man.

Destructive punches like that should actually kill a person.

it would push ippo to a new direction and be very different to other boxers who haven't kill anyone.

O MY OXYGEN

Someone post it.

>"In this round, I will defeat him!"
>doesn't defeat him
>Prease accept aporogies for new model of reduced page count
Flawless

Ippo almost feels like he needs to kill someone

>Is this the worst fight of the series so far?
IMO that would be Wally
>It's gone on for too long to be a "statement" comeback and it's just been chapters of "I'M GONNA USE THE NEW DEMPSEY ROLL... EVENTUALLY"
Morikawa has had shit pacing for years now, so there's that.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will ever be worse than the fucking Wally fight. I'd even go so far as to say the manga has vastly improved since that time.

And what if this ends up being longer than the Woli fight? Would Woli's fight still be worse?

Ippo could literally shit himself to death in the middle of the ring and it would still be better than the Wally/Woli/Whateverthefuckhisnameis fight.

I like it the fight and the idea of it, it's too fucking long though.

ippo has been shit for years
and having actually watched a bunch of boxing fights, all fights in this shit manga doesn't even come close to resembling an actual boxing match

Ehat happened after that fight? I dropped the manga after that and after seeing this thread seems like is getting a little interesting

Ippo goes into a brain damage scare plotline, then gets temporarily banned from the gym, then spends his time doing nothing but meandering training in order to figure out how to be a better boxer. Eventually, he comes to the conclusion that he can make a more complicated (read: not better) Dempsey Roll, and works towards that. He does so by continuing to do not-boxing things, like going bowling and practicing slow-walking.

Returning to the gym, he gets a match lined up, before and during which, it is declared that the challenger is to be a sacrificial lamb to the new Dempsey Roll. ~10 chapters and 4 rounds into the fight, Ippo has repeatedly failed to successfully use the new Dempsey Roll and has taken dozens of headshots.

Alright, lay it on me. What's your guy's deal with the Woli fight? Is it because he lost? Because you can see he was goofing around the entire match and Ippo did small body blows to the same spot to finally stop him.

The way things are going ippo may as well go into dark alleys and try out his roll on hobos, same kind of needless violence against an opponent who can barely think and stand.

Because ... Ippo did small body blows to the same spot to finally stop him.

Woli had fought 3 times total before fighting with Ippo, while Ippo at that time was beating around national champs aiming to get to the top ranking.
Forget about the fight, Woli himself is bullshit.

I know it's >reddit but this pretty much sums up my thoughts on the character

Reminds me of Natureza from Captain Tsubasa

He should have fought Itagaki, and it should have been a lot shorter. itagaki is a more technical boxer than Ippo, and is lower ranked. That would show that talent doesn't mean anything against work and technique.
That and you get the bonus of Itagaki getting assblasted that he's getting his ass ass kicked by a monkey for a few chapters.

Woah what a fucking shitfest, i also still remember the eye damage scare plotline for Takamura, totally useless.

Itagaki was blasted by a weaker version of Ippo already, and it felt great.

>>i also still remember the eye damage scare plotline for Takamura, totally useless
not so fast, user
Takamura was based off of Shinji Takehara who had 24 wins and zero losses. He retired after sustaining retinal detachment in his 25th fight
Guess who's about to have their 25th fight

The biggest problem I have with current Ippo is that he still keeps taking all the hits. It makes no sense that such an experienced fighter tanks hits for 8 rounds in every fucking fight.

I HAVE TO USE THE DEMPSEY ROLL
THE DEMPSEY ROLL
I HAVE TO USE IT
YES
I STILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO USE IT

Yes OP, it is. I really hope in the nearby future some faggot will just destroy the new dempsey with a single hit. What happened to Ippo?

O MY ANTI ANTI ANTI ANTI DEMPSEY ROLL

>not realising that the whole "i still need to use to dempsey roll" shit is showing how Ippo is gradually crossing "the line"
smdh senpai

Turning into animal who can only concentrate on one thing? I guess, but Takamura's "I have to punch" and "I just have to win" as so much better.

>but m-muh world ranker
>b-but muh first southpaw fight

It's more about him completely disregarding the damage he is doing to an opponent that can barely fight back, just for the sake of getting to hit some more. It's not the way Ippo usually is.

Woli is just a respect nod to that mowgli guy in Ashita No Joe

There needs to be a death in this series. It feels like Morikawa keeps dangling it infront of out faces and then yanking it away.
Brian Hawk got traumatised by Takamura "trying to kill him" but fucking Jason Ozuma had longer lasting damage than Hawk
Ippo should have killed Sawamura but nope he was fine and boxing where Mashiba should have killed him to redeem that fight but nope he's just fine again
And fucking Kojima. The guy who took Ippos strongest punch to date and is fucking dine. Homeless bus fine

The Itagaki vs Imai fight was the most satisfying cathartic moment of my life. I fucking loved watching that shit kid get his shit kicked in

>he's just fine again
He's alive, but not really fine.

Yeah but he should be dead. Ippo and Mashiba had enough reasons to murder him.
He insulted Ippo at every step, insulted boxing to the point where Ippo was only still going because he felt like losing would discrace the whole sport
And he hit Kumi. Mashiba should have murdered him right there on the street but Ippo stopped him just to not do anything about it after telling Mashiba he would deal with him
Then the Mashiba vs Sawamura fight gets built up to be the bloodiest fight ever and it's fucking tame

One question,it's a fucking 1000+pages ?,what the fuck is this?why he doesn't finish this?it's for money right?i bet this manga is amazing but in nowadays is shit.

It just feels really drawn out. If this was over in the first two rounds than this would be a really good comeback fight.

I fucking detest this "I can only win with my special move" shit.
Especially because the story makes a big deal that Ippo has fists made of metal that injure people through their blocking.

It's because boxing is that author's passion user. He even owns and runs his own boxing gym irl, and seconds for his fighters sometimes.

O MY YAMATO DAMASHII

Do they win?

I know absolutely jackshit about Hajime no Ippo, how should I approach it? Directly the manga? Anime then manga? Shall I even begin to read it?

Do you really think he won't end up with the triple? Come on man.

It's definitely not as good now as it used to, but it's still enjoyable.
The main problem is the pacing, in the first 100 chapters Ippo had 7 fights, last 100 he didn't even finish one.

I read the whole manga and then downloaded the anime to watch a couple episodes every once in a while. If you want to start with the anime that's fine too, it's a great adaptation.

That depends on their oxygen levels.

Just imagine user
>Takamura is going pretty good but is getting sloppy for some reason
>he takes a big hit
>rip eye
>he continues to try fight on and pretend it's all good but he's getting fucked up
>no chance of eye recovering at this point
>Kamogawa starts literally dying by the ring but uses the oxygen in his muscles to stay alive to witness Takamura's career end
>punished Takamura has a depression arc and eventually comes around to become Ippo's trainer
r8 my shitty autistic fanfiction

>Kamogawa dies for no reason other than to add drama
10/10 exactly something Morikawa would do.

I do believe Takamura will get fucked sometime then give a baton pass to Ippo to make Kamogawa proud or something, but I don't think it'll happen any time soon.

Wow, that's just......wow.

I hope there was at least one entertaining Aokimura match in the meantineand that Itagaki got his ass kicked multiple times,
because fuck Itagaki

The first season (76 episodes) of anime is amazing and very faithful. The subsequent seasons are still decent and it's nice to see some of your favorite fights animated, but not quite as good. Starting with the anime is how most people do it but you'll have to switch to the manga eventually.

Kumi tries to force Ippo to stop boxing

Takamura will get 5/6 belts and leave one space in the trophy case and Ippo will fill that last spot in the case with his world belt

No matches.

Aokimua got a whole lot worse. They threatened retirement a couple more times and became even bigger jokes than they already where. They need a win so bad but Morikawa just wants to keep them shitty and depressed
And I think I repressed all memory of Itagaki after he got curbstomped by Imai but he might have never had a fight since

Yagi's voice actor died a few days ago FWIW.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-09-15/voice-actor-sound-director-toshihiko-nakajima-passes-away-at-55/.121416

Shit man, RIP.
I'd be afraid if I were Shinoda's VA.

Chances of Ippo season 4 just keep dwindling further

>Ozuma got murdered so hard he could never box again
He didn't deserve it, he just wanted to help his gym.
Why does Morikawa hate the good guys so much? Volg suffered pretty much his entire life and it feels like they decided to give him a belt out of pity.

>Oda got his ass kicked so hard go got obese even after learning the pleasure of training and putting it all out in the ring
>Ozuma got his spine fucked
>Kojima is homeless
>Ippos first title defense quit and became a coach (I forget his name his fight was pretty shit desu)

Nice, he went upper another division or they make some other asspull for whatever reason? Is the oppnent interesting? Because the past 2 were pretty lame

He had a third title tight where he unified the WBC and another federations Middleweight World Title Belts and it was the best fight in the manga in my opinion

I don't think things like that affect chances very much, seeing as Kamogawa already died before Rising. It'd be nice to have another season but I'm not holding out hope.

There are worse