The cutoff for Millennials has officially been established at 1981!!! How does feel to know Sup Forums is a board full...

The cutoff for Millennials has officially been established at 1981!!! How does feel to know Sup Forums is a board full of milennials?!?!?!

>As of July 1, 2016 (the latest date for which population estimates are available), Millennials, whom we define as ages 20 to 35 in 2016, numbered 71 million, and Boomers (ages 52 to 70) numbered 74 million. Millennials are expected to overtake Boomers in population in 2019 as their numbers swell to 73 million and Boomers decline to 72 million. Generation X (ages 36 to 51 in 2016) is projected to pass the Boomers in population by 2028.

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/03/01/millennials-overtake-baby-boomers/?utm_content=buffer235e3&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sup Forums BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

drstandley.com/astrologycharts_pluto_moving_through_the_signs_calendar.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

K. And your point?

Everyday there's some fucking dumb thread where people are like "I'm an 80s kid because I was born in 1989" or "I was born in 1984 and there's NO WAY I'm a stinky millennial."

This puts a long lasting Sup Forums debate to bed

Pew Research Center has this very wrong. The escalation of single mothers and teen pregnancies really fucked up the generational divides. A more accurate representation would be
>grew up in 80s - Generation X
>grew up in 90s - Generation Y, (Generally Gen X compatible)
>grew up in 00s - Millennials (Generally Gen Y compatible)
>growing up in 10s - DEAR GOD HELP US ALL.

What is your definition of "grew up in"?

anyone who graduated high school after 1999 is a millennial. that's been known for ages

there is no debate. if you grew up with a cell phone you're not the same generation as me. call it what you want. i don't care

this. i grew up without internet computer or cell phone until middle school. theres no way i share anything in common with the retard pokemon faggots on this board

Generations are like 20-25 years apart, not 10. Also, Millenials and Gen Y are the same thing

So some kid in Moldova isn't a milennial becaus he doesn't have a cell phone? That doesn't make sense. You're a pokemon fag at heart. Admit it

I actually agree with this, but they have to do it by age...say some kid graduate early or some dumb fuck got held back and graduated high school at age 20

Retard. A generation is simply a cohort of people who overlap in their experience of a single life stage. So at any given period of time there is a constellation of four generations alive at any single time: 0-20 years old, 20-40, 40-60, and 60-80, or childhood/adolescence, young adulthood, middle ages, and decrepitude. Gen Z is in the first second, Millenials the second, Gen X the third, and Boomers the fourth stage right now.

>tfw gen x late 80s being associated as millenial because ?
fuck off, 90 borns have no concept of the time we grew up in, watching technology take off, they are all "whats a dvd? is it like youtube?"

fuck right off.

>Gen Z is in the first second
*first stage

>OFFICIAL!!!
>Pew Research Center
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Late 80s has NEVER been considered Gen X.
Any sort of cut off for Gen X has been at 1985 at the latest.

You have always been a millennial and Sup Forums has ALWAYS been a millennial website.

yes. technology affects development. just about everyone who grew up post-google cant think for themselves. poor problem solving, poor common sense, poor social skills, cant write, cant read cursive, cant spell, dont know geography, etc etc. probably due to the lack of parenting due to electronic devices and will be the subject of studies some day.

Nothing worse than some pussy denying being a Millennial because everyone makes fun of millennials. typical millennial move.

Generations are considered 18-21 years, usually because different areas have different ages to what they consider is the start of adulthood.

It just so happens that when defining baby boomers as a specific generation, due to the events of WW2, it works out extremely neatly going by 18 years.

1946-1963 - Baby Boomers
1964-1981 - Baby Busters/Gen X
1982-1999 - Gen Y/Millennials
2000- 2017 - Gen Z/Post-Millennial/?

Check out this guy. First there there was transsexual, then transracial, now transgenerational
>i might be a millennial but I identify as part of the Greatest Generation

Just own it bro

Stopped masturbating and posting frog pictures, went outside, kissed a real woman, that sort of stuff

Daily reminder that grade inflation began with Gen X.

Who the hell decides this shit, because they move the posts around far too often. I remember a long time ago I was considered Gen X, then suddenly it's like NOPE WE WERE JUST TROLLIN' GUYS. Now I've seen it get moved around a few more times. I think these labels for generations are retarded anyway since people born at the start of said generation tend to have differences compared to those born near the end of the same generation, but those differences just get brushed under the rug for one catch-all term.

>(((millenials)))
Who comes up with these Christ-dammed labels? What do these traitors want?

because they grew up in the 90s and 00s you cunt

Be thankful, for a while they were pushing the name the "Facebook Generation," which is all sorts of moronic. Not all of us use facebook (never have), and I never took social media as a new phenomenon, simply an evolution of what already existed in bulletin board systems and message board communities.

>>i might be a millennial but I identify as part of the Greatest Generation

basically. im literate and hate pokemon and dont do video games, listen to classical occasionally and am disgusted by loose women. i honestly wish i was born in the 20s

How are millennials going to increase in the future when they cutoff for their birth was in 1996?

oh wait

USA includes illegal immigrants in its statistics doesn't it

Ha! Born in 80 bitches

Marketing firms. Advertising/marketing is one of the only sectors left that it's allowed to notice demographic trends and point out without people whining too much.

Gen·er·a·tion X
ˌjenəˈrāSHən eks/Submit
noun
the generation born after that of the baby boomers (roughly from the early 1960s to late 1970s), often perceived to be disaffected and directionless.

get with the gener-a-shun - son.

>71 million in 2016
>increase by 2 million in 2019
But how wiIl 2 million people be born that count as millennials ?

debating on who is part of some dumb group and then calculating when this randomly defined group becomes a majority over some other group.

Is this amerimutt science?

they will be born from the gangrenous uterus of mama mehico and will enter the world by sliding through the stinking brown cunt known as Tijuana

1981 was the old definition i believe. generations are 20 year age brackets. the boomers tried to count genX as theirs to out number their parents generation because of decreases in birth rates (thats despite the "population explosion" after the war was over their parents had more kids)

that allowed them to do all sorts of shit like force their parents out of work because of age then make laws saying the same couldnt be done to them

but GenX ends at 1980. the following generation didnt even have a proper label and the term millennial sounds more like what genz should be called. any one born 2001- 2020

if you were in grade school (k-12) when 9/11 happened. then you are a millennial.

generational similarities are determined by pluto's slow orbit around the zodiac

drstandley.com/astrologycharts_pluto_moving_through_the_signs_calendar.shtml

boomers >Leo
gen x>Virgo
gen y>Libra
millenial>Scorpio
gen z>Sagittarius