Dragon Maid OVA - 20th September 2017

There was a thread about this but it slipped off the bottom of the page and died before I could get all worked up about it. Let's all get worked up about it, and pretend that it's going to have Iruru in it.

Getting worked up won't accomplish a thing. Better to remain clear-headed so you can assess the OVA objectively. You will do no one a favor by falling for a false impression of its qualities and shortcomings. In the end, you will come to regret your shortsighted folly and this regret may accompany you for the rest of your life.
You do not understand what you are bartering for if you are satisfied with such prospects.

Is Kobayashi going to become some magical prodigy in the manga?

No but she will grow a dick. ( not ironic posting )

yeah but thats not permanent right?

She will first attempt to rape kanna.
Then tohru will attempt to rape her.

They're adapting the cock chapter?

Fuck OVAs, I want a second season

Ravioli-Ravioli you know the fucking bit.

I wanna fuck the dragon loli

Kobayashi is secretly a lolicon and she wants to fuck this chubby thighed loli. Only when she grows a dick does it become too much.

Ep 1: 1d 4h 53m

I wanna marry Ms. Kobayashi!

That's nice Tohru.

>Kobayashi no normalfag dragon

You are too easily influenced by mainstream thought.

Hype really is the worst kind of drug. I'm also not terribly certain why the maidragon base here on Sup Forums keeps getting so antsy about it. For months now, any real fan of the series has already known the general contents of the OVA and its release date. The most I'm doing is planning some mildly indulging food with which to view the episode. Meanwhile, every one of these threads has featured multiple instances of people clamoring for an S2 announcement or the genderbending chapter. We're still getting the manga translations, and there is still the debate as to whether or not the manga itself even has enough adaptable content to complete a second, 12-episode season. Can't we just kick back and enjoy chorogons?

The next chapter will clear it up. I don't have access to the raws, otherwise I'm sure I would have made a thread already. Most likely, no, but she apparently mentions to the chairman about the relation between the company's regular work and other-world magical arrangements. So, there's bound to be a conversation about that. There's also one more chapter until volume's end beyond this two-chapter span about Jigokumeguri corp's work being magically related. That means that we'll probably see some clearing up and most likely some relative reset back to status quo (and hopefully some more heartwarming moments).

So the magician is using code monkeys to grind out magical formulas for him to profit from in the other world?

>Jigokumeguri's corporate split was for the purpose of creating a front for black market wizard spell production in our world
Now I want this to be how it is. One of the regrettable bits about Maidragon is that the characters' respective other-world ties are often grounds for their own stories and plot-lines, but given the nature of the series at large, they are largely ignored or disregarded before anything dramatic happens.

So, is the company actually (deliberately?) attracting the dragons?

Tohru
> living with an employee

Kanna

Fafnir

Iruru
> sometimes living with an employee

Lucoa
> living with a member of the owning family

Elma
> working for the company

Shouta's dad is the boss but not the owner

>the OVA's dropping on my birthday
Life is good

>So the magician is using code monkeys to grind out magical formulas for him to profit from in the other world?
Actually it seems the whole company is a sub-contractor. So they get jobs from other companies.

I never thought about it to that extent. The plot thickens. I know that Elma and Tooru's father warned about dragon's migrating and living in this world--about how it would attract more danger to the world labeled off-limits. However, it could be some sort of pilot program that someone came up with to see if dragons could manage a life in this world. It would make sense to put it all under the guise of a human corporation and keep any potential participants in situations that could be closely monitored by said corporation.

Although, to be fair, Tooru ended up in our world by escaping after a near-lethal encounter. The circumstances surrounding the other respective dragons (and ex-goddess) who arrived here seem very removed from the machinations of a person or body of people who wanted them here. Then again, it could all be hand-waved away with KEIKAKU DOORI anyway.
>Kanna was sent to this world because her parents (and whoever possibly asked them to banish Kanna) knew that she would seek out Tooru if she were still alive.
This series really shouldn't be this fun to theorycraft. It's kind of frightening.

This OVA will be like the previous ones? Like, a couple minutes long and being about nothing in special?

No, it's a full-length episode.

the short episodes are anime special

Nice, that's going to be fun. Hopefully it's more focused on the comedy aspects.

> the bad guys arranged for Tohru's "accident"
> the bad guys knew Fafnir was weak to vidya
> the bad guys spiked Lucoa's drink that fateful night with her sister
> the bad guys had Iruru's parents removed from the picture

Is the OVA gonna be translated?

It's been an hour and fifteen minutes with no response, so I'm going to take that as a resounding "YES".

>mention of contracts in the recent Takiya/Fafnir chapter
>the bad guys pushed Tooru and Kobayashi together so that they would be cozy enough to form a contract
>they plan to use the new dragoon (or hold her hostage) in order to conquer territories in other-world with the volcano dragon's prowess

It's happening.

That's old news. Talking about the Tooru and Kobayashi conspiracy is the new hotness.

>Making stupid shit like this up in what is a full slice of life anime
This is the equivalent of making a mahou shoujo plot for yuru yuri you nigger.

> the bad guys were able to pre-empt the Emperor of Demise's retrieval attempt by pairing Tohru with the one human capable of, and willing to, face him down at the vital moment
How DEEP does this rabbit-hole go??

will the ova be dubbed?

>the manga called BIGTITSBIGTITS has a scene in which the MC confesses why he has some hidden crippling depression just before his busty pursuer loses all control and tells him that she's about to rape him
That's not even mentioning the little bits of drama in other series like Ojojojo. COOL can go in plenty of directions with Maidragon, although whatever happens (if anything) ultimately will probably default back to some status quo situation. Besides, the difference between Maidragon conspiracy funtime and mahou shoujo yuriyuri is that conspiracy funtimes are actually foreshadowed or hinted at in Maidragon.

Will you kill yourself?

Hopefullynot, but I suppose we can't really stop anyone from doing so.

>foreshadowed
>hinted at
No. No they're not autist-chan.

If Funimation has access to it, yes

>OVA's dropping on MY birthday