How is Eva intelligent or deep?

How is Eva intelligent or deep?

It takes intelligence to recognize that Gendou is best girl.

I should have known.

Did people really find Shinji relatable?

>shinji is lined up with his """robot"""
>asuka and rei are reversed

triggered.

Relatability isn't the point of his character, if you need to sympathize with a character to understand them your a moron.

>not Kaji
Gendo is easily second followed by Shinji

That didn't answer my question.

Shinji is essentially Anno's self insert. Gendo is actually a reused older Shinji at his core iirc

If you watch Eva when you are around 14 you will relate to him

Or maybe the new generation won't because they are a different kind of fucked up

its all the mental breakdown of a closeted jap homo that wont go away.

anno still cant admit hes homo.

Nah just swap out Shinji's music player for an iphone

>intelligent or deep
There's no such thing on Sup Forums

how the hell is that shit intelligent?

Not really but I did find him sympathetic
You kinda realize that he has no real reason to do anything. I mean sure he has friends and love interests that he wants to defend but they get fucked over anyway, and by the people he's working for no less.

are you really this retarded?

>implying Ideon doesn't have waifus

Actually Gendo is Miyazaki, true story.

>angry all the time
>overbearing boss
>never satisfied
>paedophile

As expected from The Master

TIL Anno is actually Miyazaki

no I'm serious how the hell is this shit intelligent?

sorta but it isn't as 2deep4u as people make it out to be
it's just a bit convoluted and a little hard to follow the first time through

Anime can't be intelligent or deep.

That's like saying no movie can be intelligent. That's just dumb

>the new generation won't
The new generation is full of Shinjis

>That's like saying no movie can be intelligent
Thats true too.
There is no such thing as a "intelligent work" in the entire story of humanity.

its like saying only live action or novels are intellectually valid. anime is, well, a fucking misunderstanding

>Implying the show didn't wank itself off with "deep" dream sequences at the end
>Implying that End of Evangelion wasn't at least 25% nonsensical bs
>Implying that the show/movies aren't just pulling shit out their asses when it suits them, then acts like it's the most natural thing they say/do all episode/scene.
I hate that NGE does so many things right. The pacing, the setting, the animation, the suspence. And yes, even the psychology most of the time. It's such a shame that it gets lost up its own ass when the stories starts to conclude

Yes, me.

Christian themes

Not really relatable, but he's one of my favorite characters.

I think he is. Unlike your typical Shonen protagonist Shinji is not a gung-ho adventurer who can take anyone on and never gives up. Most people aren't like that. The problems that he deals with throughout the series are something that I, a shut-in dork, deal with as well.

That said, you don't need to relate with him to find him interesting. I'm nothing like Asuka but I still like her character.

It weaves childhood trauma with Abrahamic religious overtones and existential threats and social dread, plus throws in some anxiety to appeal to teens....past the Waifus.