"Modern anime is no longer gory" they said

>"Modern anime is no longer gory" they said

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_CNrNQjWGHI?t=430
YouTube/watch?v=Y5YgHX3s_ss
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5YgHX3s_ss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think a splash of blood with no anatomical detail is gonna prove them wrong, violent isn't gory.

That's cute user.

>some blood
>gory

Go to bed kid, it looks like you have no idea of what you're talking about

But its not.

I miss the seizures inducing flashes whenever something shocking happened. How many people do you think had anime related seizures and died watching their favorite shows?

Any contemporary anime with this level of gore ?

I like this Sup Forums rek thread

youtu.be/_CNrNQjWGHI?t=430

this is a movie for kids

That's nothing

Corpse Party? But that gore was sorta low budget looking.

Harsh

>butthurt nips cry over getting BTFO

It's not the only thing low budget in that franchise.

Those are just edgy, not gory.

Nobody said that
>imgur filename
Oh, I see

Not gorey but you can tell dragon ball became less visceral and bloody over time. After the frieza saga it felt like punches were hitting indestrutacble armor instead of of flesh

YouTube/watch?v=Y5YgHX3s_ss

What the hell do you think gory means? Those all have gore in them. Objectively.

Well the Japs should've surrendered hen we told them to.

Nice meaningless buzzword faggot

>Die along with your favourite character
I like it.

thats weird let me post that once more youtube.com/watch?v=Y5YgHX3s_ss

Its like if the Germans made a cartoon about the Ruskies burning Berlin to the ground

They already did.
But there was a slight lag in the time of receiving the surrender note, the orders and dropping the bomb.

So they actually have sent the surrender note before the bomb dropped.

Probably a bunch of those kids that watched that one Pokemon episode.

Why is anime no longer profitable?

Who said that?

There's no writing talent. Same problem with hollywood.

Are you actually retarded?

This scene is proof that realistic depictions of pain are much more impactful than over the top gore. Made in Abyss episode 10 is up there the Haibane Renmei wings scene for most painful, difficult to sit through anime scene ever.

>the Haibane Renmei wings scene
Fucking hell dude. That actually made me sick to the stomach. I was told it was such a comfy show and I was just laying in bed gorging on ice cream when it happened.

You're saying that that Made in Abyss scene was realistic and NOT over the too gore?

Bone breaking and botched cutting of the arm is over the top gore?

While bleeding profusely from every orifice? And a child? Yes, absolutely.

Sorry gotta go, my planet needs me.

The bleeding isn't what makes it hard to watch, and having 127 hours done to a child is very difficult to sit through. The setting of the show is indifferent to all that suffer its curses. It's directed in a very matter of fact way while gruesome and exhausting. It's raw rather than dramatized. It speaks volumes how much it uniquely impacted the audience compared to numerous over the top violence scenes in other shows.

what about rape rate?

Why does a nuke need a parachute?

So the pilot has enough time to fly away.

Correct

too much jam for breakfast?

that's not particularly gory

Where the fuck are guts ?

The economy is no longer in a bubble and the industry shot itself in the foot by confining itself to a tiny market in the search of short term profits.

>Same problem with hollywood.
I'm pretty sure Hollywood remains extremely profitable.

by virtue of a larger market

Yohko was my first anime (my very first was DiC Sailor Moon, but Yohko was the first one I saw from start to finish, unedited, and in Japanese), and it was a hell of an introduction to the medium. I mostly remember the sex and naked breasts, but it looks like I forgot how violent it was.

Outside of mid-80s OAV and film, there's really nothing that even comes close, unless you count the medical garbage waste container that was Blood-C.

If you seriously think that profitability and quality are the same thing you should an hero immediately.

When I was kid I hoped to see a scene similar to this in Sailor Moon.

The original question was "Why is anime no longer profitable", you fucking moron.

Is the second season of Valvrave worth watching?

Wait, wasn't that red demon MC?

What this from? Looks recent and good.

I'm screencaping this

Made in Abyss

Made in Abyss. It's alright. Manga is better. When you get to chapter 19,watch episode 10.

lurk moar newfag

and you fuck off, don't enable scum like him

Quick, someone show this newfag a katana

>Spoonfeeding
Just kys.

fuck off faggot i'll do what i want

a gory one?

Try and stop me faggot.

what is this? logh?

Yes

Boku No Abyss

The Devilman OVAs were amazing

>muh tendies

DO IT AGAIN PAUL TIBBETS!
Replace Nazis with Japanese and European cities with Korean/Chinese ones.

Congratulations on the most retarded post of the day

I felt nothing.

>It speaks volumes how much it uniquely impacted the audience

Because the audience is sheltered, they've never been in an actual war. They've never lived through their homes being bombed and hearing not the screams, but the people crying in realizing they can't free themselves from the rubble they're trapped under.

iirc thats the real Amon

Yes because in made in Abyss is more realistic, they put this efforts in transmit the emotions of a child that will lost her arm, meanwhile the most of 80's ovas like genocyber or devilman are extremelly and unesessary graphic, guts and brains exploding everywhere this shit is just edgy, and not the all violence is edgy watch this, it has a cause has a reason not just "I WILL TEAR YOUR GUTS AND THEN EAT AND FUCK YOUR CORPSE BECAUSE IM BAD AND DARK"

"The Birth" was pretty masterful - the other two were great fun as well.

To be fair - the initial pub bombing by the Nazis was legitimately an error by an individual soldier. It's just that Hitler sperged out when the Brits retaliated in kind and decided to really hammer the civilian targets after that.

That's what I figured. I would love to see modern anime with the kind of detailed gore you can find in 20th century anime. I mean - it is bound to look a bit worse due to the difference between cell and digital animation , but there must be some sort of demand for gory anime out there.

>devilman
>unnecesary and without purpose
Confirmed for either not reading Devilman or completing missing its point

>To be fair - the initial pub bombing by the Nazis was legitimately an error by an individual soldier.
Pretty sure Operation Barbarossa's brutality wasn't an error.

I disagree - a huge point of classic gore anime like Genocyber is the dehumanizing effect it has, via reducing people down to mere meat. It especially fits Genocybers nihilistic and anti-humanistic themes, and fits really well in cyberpunk stories that are all about blurring the line between object and agent, by reducing the human agent to meat, something with just as little life as machine. You NEED to see tendens snapping and organs flailing everywhere - because the complete destruction of the embodied human being and that objective - rather than subjective view of the destruction, is the point.

Devilman is a bit of a different story - it is a meditation on human evil, and the need to abandon dualism and embrace the dark side of humanity and control it - as our only chance of survival against it. Part of this is tapping into that part of humans that is capable of just tearing other beings apart like a wild animal - and not flinch when an enemies head is getting crushed between your hand.

Plus it just looks cool, and anime is first and foremost a place for excellence in aesthetics - books will always have better writing on the whole. Good detailed gore creates more immersion in darker stories. It is a form of visual tone setting.

That's true. It's just in the British case the Nazis generally would have preferred them as allies, and basically saw them as aryans. Their treatment of British and French P.O.W and all that was pretty stellar for the time. They were retarded slav haters though so the eastern front was pretty brutal and malicious.

>Their treatment of British and French P.O.W and all that was pretty stellar for the time
Except for that one time they rounded up a bunch of English soldiers left at Dunkirk and burned them alive in a church.
Or that time they flattened Guernica.

>They were retarded slav haters though so the eastern front was pretty brutal and malicious.

Well when you actively state that slavs are subhumans that don't deserve to live, you kinda HAVE to follow through on the whole genocide at that point.

>Or that time they flattened Guernica.

Technically that wasn't WW2

>Not knowing shit about Devilman

You sir are a max pleb.

Little boy was on a timed fuse

Aside from Pearl Harbor and that one freak incident with the autonomous balloon killing one family, Japan didn't really bomb American soil very much at all during the war. Of course, they wrecked the fuck out of every other place they could get their hands on, so it's mostly academic.

Did it really produce a mushroom cloud since the bomb detonated mid-air?

Wait. I actually GIS'd it. Yep it does.

>gory

my sides
is this a hentai?

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was from somewhere in the later half of Samurai Flamenco.

You're correct

Japan have a massive, massive complex about those a bombs. It underpins a huge amount of their culture.

Is valvrape back?

Almost like the bombs were dropped on them or something. Weird.

Americans happily used that excuse to bomb the everliving fuck of every other place in the world for then on since.