Is this "good" show?

Is this "good" show?

I just finished episode 4 and this was one of the most pointless episodes I've ever watched. These characters are shit and the dialogue is extremely contrived. Please tell me it gets good.

It's just a dialogue anime, if you're into that continue, if you found the dialogues "extremely contrived" drop it.

There has never been an anime with good dialogue. Japs are like robots.

Only intelligent Sup Forumsnons can watch the monogatari series.

A Kyoani show would be more of a fit for you with your low IQ

It's a longwinded deconstruction with a loli, an insanely hot catgirl, and office supplies. What do you expect?

No, it's a bad show. Watch something better instead.

>deconstruction
There he goes again, he said it again!!!

>le endless banter xD
only retards watch this shit and think they're some kind of intellectuals

you're just too dumb to understand

A show where the characters aren't robots and the dialogue is normal human speak.

It's like a PowerPoint but actually interesting.

>episode 4
>middle of hajikuji
>pointless

maybe you are just lost?

it's probably bait anyway, but if didn't like Hitagi arc, don't bother

Is monogatari 100 episodes of PowerPoint? I'm at episode 8 and that aesthetic is tiring already.

Woops I was going to write that episode 3 was pointless but episode 4 wasn't particularly interesting either.

It occasionally has some groping and action but for the most part, yes.

Dropped

Well, I guess I will finish the first season and that's it for me.

its a great show imo

No, it's a GREAT show, and you're showing signs of shit taste.

It's a harem show for pseudo-intellectual tryhards.

Everyone BTFO

This was fucking bullshit.
Didn't think he would be best character. Koi is 10/10 and my favorite.

As soon as the corpse turned around I knew that would happen. Still cried like a bitch tho.

>tryhards
excuse me that some of us like psychological themes and clever use of language.

read the book instead, that way the words will stay at your pace

>I watch it for the dialogue
>In a show translated from another language
>A language that barely resembles English

This is a leddit tier excuse people use to mask their real reason for watching the show. The only real reason to watch this show is for the fanservice.

>he cannot listen to the tones, and even understand some of the Japanese
>implying some of the banter isn't quite universal
Also, I watch it for the crab. She's perhaps the most realistic girl.

>the most realistic girl

Have you ever talked to a girl irl? There is no human being that speaks the way Hitagi does.

>Have you ever talked to a girl irl?
Yup.I'm married into one.

What is this anime about?

You write like a little bitch.

Koyomi Araragi, a high school student, returns to a normal human life after a vampire attack.
As he lives with remnants of his vampire half still persisting, he finds himself returning to the world of the supernatural after discovering the unusual case of Hitagi Senjougahara, who is afflicted with a condition that leaves her weightless.

Books are better show is decent

It's about a teenage half vampire high schooler boy who always lusts after problematic girls and adds them to his harem.

Don't mind me just posting best girl also fuck the show read the books

Good thing they're readily available and translated.

It has its moments. Some seasons are drastically better than others. Bake is one of the good ones though so if you're not into it you wont be. And your taste is arguably shit

Fuck off retard

Sounds intellectual.

>pace
Or you could just reduce the video speed. The voice pitch will lower a bit so it sounds less annoying particularly those who talks really fast and/or has really high pitch voices...

>creepy guy lusting at a loli wearing band-aid.

It doesn't. I just kept watching it for the visuals and eventually for Kaiki

Not gonna lie Nise was a slighty strange season loli bath scenes and all

Your mum said it was a good show so it must be good.

It's worth the long watch.

No

>mayoi snail
>pointless
Even Bakemonogatari is too deep for some people, apparently.

alas 'tis mere waifu trash

>too deep
it is not deep as some people make it seem to be.

Of course not, but Mayoi Snail is genuinely well written and even that's too fucking much.

Only if you watch Kizumonogatari first.

Why is it that every time someone points out the reasons why Monogatari series is bad the fans just say "well if you havent liked it up until now just drop it"? Its like you know its bad

I don't understand how people can dislike monogatari
Interesting direction, a ton of humor and fun, fantastic art, amazing music, excellent fanservice, great characters, wonderful character designs, really nice school uniforms, and perfect writing and dialogue
Because of the "never argue with idiots" rule

But Kyoani killed Monogatari with Kyoukai no Kanata

>well if you havent liked it up until now just drop it
That is another way of saying it is 3deep5u.

What do you want them to say?
>These characters are shit
Just an opinion. Mayoi Snail does so much to establish Araragi, Senjougahara, Hanekawa, and Hachikuji in such a short period of time and if he doesn't like them there's not much point debating unless specifics are brought up.
>dialogue is extremely contrived
That's just Nisio's thing. If you don't like "contrived" dialogue, you're not going to like his style period. Does a dialogue-centric work make something inherently bad? Seems like an opinion to me.

There's nothing worth discussing in his post whatsoever.

Watch for episode 12.

this. Japanese humor is a lot like Chinese humor: extremely undeveloped and broad. With the chinese, it's all fart jokes and slapstick, with the Japanese it's all puns and wacky guy/straight man dynamics. This show went for a more "ironic, sardonic" western approach and it just.... didn't work.

>clever

Snarky girl: I am snarky and badass. by the way, nice haircut.
MC: *thinking* she likes my haircut!
Snarky girl: on opposite day. Haha, I got you. Remember how snarky and badass I am?
MC: oh no!!! she got me! she's so snarky and basass!

every conversation

kung fu hustle is unironically my favorite movie ever

>monogatari
>western humor
What?
It's the same thing, Gahara is the boke, Arararagi is the tsukkomi

I love it too, slapstick like Tom and Jerry is universally funny.

>boy gets haircut instead of the girl
You completely failed to grasp monogatari, I didn't even know it was possible to fuck up this much

Fuck off gorespammer

>is it good?
Not really
The books are okay, but only if you're into dialogue stories. The dialogue isn't that deep, but you may discover characters' inner selves through it. It's actually a coming-for-age story. Yes, even for a 600 year old vampire.

dropped it on episode 4 too
I might be retarded but it was kinda boring

Keep watching, there's big cat tiddies

That's a shame because episode 5 is a high point in the series. There's sort of a twist which makes most of the events of the 3 and 4 take on different meanings. But, if you're like OP and don't care for the characters or dialogue, there's not much of a point in resuming anyway.

It break the first rule of storytelling in a visual medium: show, don't tell. A little visual abstraction here and there can't make up for the fact the show is entirely driven forward by clunky back-and-forth monologues.

Not that rules can't be broken. But if you do break them don't be surprised if your show generates threads like these.

Just because it "tells" a lot doesn't mean it doesn't "show"
I personally like this kind of verbosity in any case, the back and forth is really interesting and it's constant humorous banter

pretentious overrated trash with self insert MC.

nu-weebs really like this sort of shit.

I'm at episode 7 and the artstyle and the lighting is making my eyes hurt
Everything looks like from Mirror's edge

It's never a harem, the only character who is really into the mc and vice versa is Senjougahara, Nadeko and Hanekawa are just projecting their own fantasies onto him.
It's a great show a non retards.

Even if you don't understand Japanese, most of the dialogue is entertaining and easy to follow. You only really miss out on some nuances and worldplay.

No one is saying it's particularly deep, we're just saying it's to deep for these people.

Contrived doesn't just mean bad, please look up words before using them.. It doesn't make you look smart

Something in episode 15 is worth watching.
Too bad. You won't be seeing bat's bad ass & awesome moves on episode 15. Even the MC was shocked that she was able to do something that cool.
---
The girl in the corner was actually the main focus of the entire season. The rest of that girls are just plot devices used to incite her relationship with the MC. You have to watch it all to know how&why.

The dialogues are the only reason I kept watching though. Perhaps give it a second watch and pay attention, you might need to pause couple of times. I can see how the animation can be off putting for some people though.

The animation is very good. The backgrounds look cheap once the aesthetic gets old. The dialogues felt really contrived to me as well. I watched the whole series, but I can't say it was really worth it in the end. It's literally W O R D S W O R D S W O R D S the anime, so if you don't like the dialogue, just save yourself the time and drop it. The girls are fucking sexy though.

Yes it is. Don't forget to read the books.

It's a show you have to understand without understanding it

No, it's exactly like Love Hina, only it pretends it's deeper than a dumb harem series.

See, that user made sense. He could have just worded it as "If you aren't autist you would understand implicit information"

That poster was effectively Shirou Emiya.

this

The best part about this image is that the Hachikuji scene is actually within the context of one most engaging and ultimately meaningful conversations in the series.

No, user.

It puts a smile on my face every time it is posted, so thanks user.

I watched it for Snail interactions.

/thread

this

You you watch your mouth ! It's great and deep story!. I watched Kizumonogatari III yesterday and still wonder how it got so many seasons. I love all of them of course except Owari because I just can't get hooked to it.

Does that mean I'm actually smart?

So I'm watching this whole stuff for the first time in the release order. I'm at second season please for the love of god tell me that there are not that many cat arcs ahead. Literally the only character that I don't care about. Muh parents, muh love, muh stress.

It's amazing right from the get go and pretty much never has a significant quality drop. That's the best part about Nisio works.

I watch Monogatari entirely because it's my comfort food. I originally loved Bake because it was very well directed, but with the visual style changing I mostly just watch it now for the cute girls.

Most likely

>doll can bear the weight of an adult woman on her index finger but has difficulty giving a piggyback ride to a loli ghost

dropped

she's being crushed by the weight of despair

Does she hit too close to home?